Page 20 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
Results 476 to 500 of 1619

Thread: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

  1. #476
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,852
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So if a player doesn't get pushed around in college, he won't get pushed around in the NBA? I know that's not what you're saying, but it's pretty much what you're saying....

    Withey is plenty big enough for the rigors of the NCAA. Not every team in the Big12 has legit 7fters with full adulthood bodies and strength. The difference between playing down low in the Big12 is different than the NBA.

    You know just as well as I do that there are a lot of post players that are just fine at the NCAA level, who struggle with position at the NBA level. I'm not saying anything revolutionary here.
    I fully understand that, like I said every big man will need a year or so to adjust to the physicality of the game, that is normal. I just never once have questioned his body and if it will transfer, in fact I have always had that as one of his strengths . Super nimble with a good frame is what I have down on my report of him .

    I totally agree that the NCAA and NBA is a different animal, and like I said I drop a lot of players who have bad bodies, who I don't think will transfer. I just don't see that in Whithey one bit. I also believe he will add a few lbs with a NBA weight and diet program. I just don't see what you see I guess.

    But like the old saying goes beauty is in the eye of the beholder and everyone looks at players differently

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  3. #477
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,852
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave00 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Norvel Pelle is a 6'10 pf thin very talented. Was the top rated center in 2011 class, 1st committed to St John's but NCAA never cleared him to play. Spent 2012 at a community college after committing to Iona but not being cleared by the NCAA.

    Is very athletic was compared to Kevin Durant by some while in high school. He was at several high schools leaving a long paper trail which alarmed the NCAA.

    With NCAA not clearing him in 2 years he had no other choice than to declare for the draft. If he has a strong pre-draft camp could be a late 1st round pick based on potential.
    Damn wish he would of got to play at IONA. Watching his highlights he would of been a blast to watch playing for Tim Cluess and his style of ball.


    There is no way he is 7ft lol 6'9 seems more realistic from watching this.

    I can't comment on the guy really never seen him play. Just have to trust our scouting department and trust whatever decision they make. With our FO's track record, I wouldn't be surprised if he is off our draft board completely or at the top.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  5. #478

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave00 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Norvel Pelle is a 6'10 pf thin very talented. Was the top rated center in 2011 class, 1st committed to St John's but NCAA never cleared him to play. Spent 2012 at a community college after committing to Iona but not being cleared by the NCAA.

    Is very athletic was compared to Kevin Durant by some while in high school. He was at several high schools leaving a long paper trail which alarmed the NCAA.

    With NCAA not clearing him in 2 years he had no other choice than to declare for the draft. If he has a strong pre-draft camp could be a late 1st round pick based on potential.
    What reasons would the NCAA have to not allow him to play? Grades?

  6. #479
    Long time fan diamonddave00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Castle de Verde (Greencastle)
    Posts
    1,371
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Probably with all his moves it's questionable if he took all the core classes to qualify or if some he took were actually at the level he needed to qualify. He wasn't born in America either we know how the NCAA looks closely at those players.
    Last edited by diamonddave00; 03-26-2013 at 04:32 PM.

  7. #480
    Member Mears13geico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Evansville IN
    Posts
    27

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default 2013 NBA Draft Thoughts

    Just looking ahead a little bit, there are a few players that intrigue me in this draft. Who are a few players that you could see us drafting whether its down towards the bottom of the first round or if we were to trade up a little bit with Danny(Assuming he doesnt take a huge paycut) or anyone else on the team that we wouldnt be able to sign to a long term deal.
    "That picture is dope man". -Paul George

  8. #481
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,550

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Bumped since it fell off the page and wasn't seen by another poster.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  9. #482
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,889

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    I honestly don't see Zeller leaving. GMs say he needs to stay and get stronger and work on his perimeter game
    "We want Miami"

  10. #483
    Member Mr.Hinds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    270
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I honestly don't see Zeller leaving. GMs say he needs to stay and get stronger and work on his perimeter game
    If I were him I'd jump. He's looking at late lottery and the best way to get better in traffic and against NBA athletic bigs is to go play with them where there isn't a limit to your practice hours and you can add strength at an even quicker clip.
    "There is a time to play and a time to win. It is what you do during winning time that differentiates the average players from stars."

    ~Ahmad Rashad~

  11. #484
    B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Basketball heartland
    Posts
    2,178

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Michael Carter Williams will be one of the headliners for this draft, in a few years.
    Last edited by Pacersalltheway10; 04-02-2013 at 09:34 PM.

  12. #485
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,170

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Hinds View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I were him I'd jump. He's looking at late lottery and the best way to get better in traffic and against NBA athletic bigs is to go play with them where there isn't a limit to your practice hours and you can add strength at an even quicker clip.
    I agree. Cody Zeller's going to help Tom Crean a lot more than Tom Crean is going to help Cody Zeller. And there's not a single thing he can do next year that will get him drafted higher than he will this season. He needs NBA skill development and NBA strength training, IMO.

  13. #486
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,454

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    I want the Center on Louisville, Gorguy Dieng!!!
    David "And One" West

  14. #487
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,454

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    I also really want Khlaif Wyatt. He destroyed IU, and he had a cool-sounding name
    David "And One" West

  15. #488
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,889

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Hinds View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I were him I'd jump. He's looking at late lottery and the best way to get better in traffic and against NBA athletic bigs is to go play with them where there isn't a limit to your practice hours and you can add strength at an even quicker clip.
    As a Purdue fan I hope he does. But he is not ready yet.
    "We want Miami"

  16. #489
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,201

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As a Purdue fan I hope he does. But he is not ready yet.
    Being ready does not have a whole lot to do with getting drafted. It is all about potential. The Pacers will have a shot at Dieng, Steve Adams, Mitchell, Goodwin, Withey and possibly Michael Williams. Several bigs to choose from. Add McAdoo and possibly McDermott.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  17. #490
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,959

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I want the Center on Louisville, Gorguy Dieng!!!
    I have wanted Gorgui Dieng since the last draft. He would fit exactly what we're trying to do.

    But I don't think that we need a back-up Center anymore. We have depth up front. Also, he won't be there when we pick anyway.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  19. #491
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,959

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Being ready does not have a whole lot to do with getting drafted. It is all about potential. The Pacers will have a shot at Dieng, Steve Adams, Mitchell, Goodwin, Withey and possibly Michael Williams. Several bigs to choose from. Add McAdoo and possibly McDermott.
    You know, I'm a bit excited about this draft. It's not top heavy but I think that we could find excellent value at the spot we're picking.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  20. #492
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,852
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I also really want Khlaif Wyatt. He destroyed IU, and he had a cool-sounding name
    and he also has a thing for police hookers he wont even be on the Pacers draft board

    I honestly don't see Zeller leaving. GMs say he needs to stay and get stronger and work on his perimeter game
    and this is just lol his perimeter game WTF?

  21. #493
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,454

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    We should trade up to draft Michael Carter-Williams
    David "And One" West

  22. #494
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,889

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We should trade up to draft Michael Carter-Williams
    or Burke
    "We want Miami"

  23. #495
    Member Mr.Hinds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    270
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    or Burke
    MCW fits our system much better. Tho his lack of scoring is a slight problem. Burke wouldn't have that problem.
    "There is a time to play and a time to win. It is what you do during winning time that differentiates the average players from stars."

    ~Ahmad Rashad~

  24. #496

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    If anyone has the opportunity to leave & get drafted this year, they should do it. Next year will be a better draft class most likely.

  25. #497
    B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Basketball heartland
    Posts
    2,178

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Khalif Wyatt would be okay as a microwave type player coming off the bench but if you think he can become a starter on even an average team you're wrong.

    C.J. Leslie just doesn't rebound well enough to put him at PF. He's a SF in the NBA. He gets to the free throw line well but only shoots 61% there, however his FT% has risen every season so it should rise some in the NBA.

  26. #498
    B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Basketball heartland
    Posts
    2,178

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Trey Burke is hard to evaluate. He could end up having a career such as Chris Paul or like Kemba Walker. I'm leaning more towards being on the same level as Kemba.

  27. #499
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,959

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Trey Burke is hard to evaluate. He could end up having a career such as Chris Paul or like Kemba Walker. I'm leaning more towards being on the same level as Kemba.
    Kemba is not half bad.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  28. #500

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    A player I like is Russ Smith. Unfortunately, I don't feel he can make an impact in the NBA. I noticed that DraftExpress has him as a 2nd round #40 pick. They have Withey at around #20. I was surprised they had him so low. They have McDermott in the 2nd round too.

    Players will fall with workouts, and the Euros get sorted out as to who will or will not enter the draft. I just don't see McDermott or CJ Leisley 2nd rd picks or Withey being picked at around #20.

Similar Threads

  1. Who Stays? Who Goes? 2012-2013.
    By WhoLovesYaBaby? in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-04-2012, 12:25 PM
  2. 2012 NBA draft prospects thread
    By pacer4ever in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 600
    Last Post: 05-30-2012, 09:08 PM
  3. International prospects for the 2012 NBA Draft
    By Nuntius in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-14-2012, 08:11 AM
  4. 2012 NFL Draft Discussion Thread
    By Trophy in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 403
    Last Post: 05-02-2012, 10:32 PM
  5. Reach in 2012 or wait until 2013
    By Really? in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-09-2012, 10:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •