Page 18 of 65 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd like that, but I think we're trading up in the draft to pick the Kansas center Withey.
    I wouldn't be mad if we drafted him he is going to be a solid pro. Much more of a player than Plumlee, Whithey has great feel for the game. I was hoping he came out last year I really liked his game for us. Now a Jeff Foster comp would of made sense for Whithey.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

owl

Sports Logo

p4e, what do you think about Nate Wolters and Arsalan Kazemi?
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    I wouldn't be mad if we drafted him he is going to be a solid pro. Much more of a player than Plumlee, Whithey has great feel for the game. I was hoping he came out last year I really liked his game for us. Now a Jeff Foster comp would of made sense for Whithey.

I have spent 3 solid days watching the tournament. Withery probably stands out more to me than any other player. I like him better than Gonzoga's Olynyk.

Miles' brother Mason had a good game of 23/8 in their 1st game. I'll be interested in seeing how he does today against Creighton.

I really like Louisville. They are who I'm cheering to win the tournament. I've watched them play many times this season... probably only 2nd to watching KY play. It will be interesting to see how they play against Oregon next weekend.

My cheering for Wichita State over Gonzaga panned out, but the same can't be said about Butler. I REALLY hope Butler has a good recruiting class for next season. I love watching them play!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    I have spent 3 solid days watching the tournament. Withery probably stands out more to me than any other player. I like him better than Gonzoga's Olynyk.

Miles' brother Mason had a good game of 23/8 in their 1st game. I'll be interested in seeing how he does today against Creighton.

I really like Louisville. They are who I'm cheering to win the tournament. I've watched them play many times this season... probably only 2nd to watching KY play. It will be interesting to see how they play against Oregon next weekend.

My cheering for Wichita State over Gonzaga panned out, but the same can't be said about Butler. I REALLY hope Butler has a good recruiting class for next season. I love watching them play!
    Butler has their best recruiting class ever in terms of star ratings, but I am never convinced that freshmen can come in and lead the team. Dunham, Woods, and Marshall will need to step up big next year.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    p4e, what do you think about Nate Wolters and Arsalan Kazemi?
    Wolters isnt an NBA player IMO. He will struggle facing better players who can defend. Almost every NBA team has a quick guard who would eat him up on both ends of the floor. Should be a great player for a Euroleague club though. I am still looking at game tape for him though. I just am not a fan of what I have seen so far. I don't see it transferring.

Kazemi I am not sure he does enough to be a good NBA player. I see him in Europe as well. He boards well but his size and frame I don't like and he doesn't have much skill, not my type of big really.

If We could get Tim Hardaway or Crabbe in the 1st and then pickup a pick and get Deshaun Thomas to be a situation 4 or 3 for us that would be a perfect draft IMO. I really love Thomas as a bench threat at the next level. He will really help fill a need from day one with us. He is limited in ways, but what he can do well is exactly what we need. I also wouldn't mind taking a high risk guy in this draft like a Tony Mitchell with our player development staff I would be hard pressed to pass him up and let him spend a year in the Dleague. He would be a Lance type project I loved Lances potential but I feel Mitchell has potential that is even greater, the risk is probably the same, huge gamble.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 03-24-2013 at 12:20 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I see. Thanks for the info. Do you feel that Willie Cauley-Stein is worth the risk? Not that we need a Center, I'm just asking

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    I see. Thanks for the info. Do you feel that Willie Cauley-Stein is worth the risk? Not that we need a Center, I'm just asking
    He wont be on the board in the late 20s. I think he needs a few more years under Cal though. He needs to understand he is 7ft not 6 ft. He needs a lot of work but his raw tools are insane. I wish he was tough but I think he can become a much better player learning from Cal a few more years. But he needs a ton of work. He has more feel for the game currently in the RM game for example he made tons of just no-no plays. He would be a foot from the basket and would dribble it instead of going up. Hell even one time in that game he was under the basket he passed it out when he had a dunk. I now know why he played WR in HS not TE. He needs to play more like a TE I wish he understood how dominate he could be. I hope he stays but if he comes out I would still take him late lottery mid first if his background checks out. He has stuff you can't teach;however, so did guys like Hilton Armstrong, need to do homework on project guys before taking him. In the 20s though he would be a no brainier I wouldnt even need a solid report on his work ethic.

Mood

Wow, I never thought I would see Aaron Craft getting exposed like this in college. He has been a liability all game and is now costing his team in the final minutes. Thad has to think about benching him to win this game.(never thought I would say that)

Mood

and then he goes and makes the game winner makes me look stupid lol

as bad as he was for most of the game, he was so good right after I called him out lol. That sums up his college career kid never gives up.

I stilll dont like that charge call though, I though it was a foul on Deshaun Thomas before the charge should of been an and 1 not a charge IMO. I think the refs this game have been highly questionable
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 03-24-2013 at 01:48 PM.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    and then he goes and makes the game winner makes me look stupid lol
    That was exactly what I thought

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Mood

Ohio St will be fun to follow next year. I want to see who takes the next step LaQuinton Ross or Sam Thompson. I think one of the two will be lottery picks next year, both very talented Ross has the NBA body, Thompson has more bounce and would be perfect as a Corey Brewer role in the NBA. I could see both of them stepping up and next their game to the next level.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I want Mcdermott from Creigthon!!!
    David "And One" West

Khalif Wyatt would look great in a Pacers uniform!!!
    David "And One" West

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    Khalif Wyatt would look great in a Pacers uniform!!!
    I am going to go back and watch his games. I am shocked by looking at his stats and games of late. If you told me two years ago when I watched him at Temple he would of had this good of senior season I would of laughed. I need to see more of his game now. I am just shocked at how different of player he looks. It makes sense though when Ramone Moore was there he was the focal point. I never once said Wyatt should be an NBA player then but now I need to re-think my stance. He is like Deshuan Thomas at the guard spot old school.

I doubt we draft him though he doesn't have the backround that we look for. I doubt he gets drafted, but I need to watch more to affirm that.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 03-24-2013 at 04:08 PM.

Withey looks like a number one pick tonight. He gets off his feet fast!!!
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

19. The Following User Says Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    Withey looks like a number one pick tonight. He gets off his feet fast!!!
    Especially for a 7ft er. If Roy could explode like that, he'd averÓge 15-18 PPG easily.

I'd love to draft Withey tbh. We would have GREAT size and rim protection

Mood

Jeff Whithey is just such a game changer, his improvement on offense is a nice bonus. The way he effects the game on defense and boards is so hard to fine. I see him as a lottery guy very safe pick and should be a decent to good NBA starter. He gets a ton of blocks but that isnt the best part he changes so many shots that is just as good as a block IMO. I wish there was a stat for changed shots he would be near the top for sure.

Nice to see his versatility today in having to guard smaller quicker guys and doing it well.

good passer with great defense is what I look for in my big men(main reason I love guys like Noah). He should be a terrific horns based NBA bigs. He should be a solid high low player for a team. Selfishly I hope he goes to the Blazers he would really help that team IMO. Watching Aldridge and Whithey together would be really fun to watch.

Bill Self is just an insanely good coach he figured the Tar Heels out and made the adjustments. Whithey has come such a long way since his first year in college, great player development by Self and his staff.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 03-24-2013 at 06:07 PM.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Withey looks goofy and oaf-like, but dude gets it done.
    David "And One" West

I have expressed my opinion on Plumlee only to be told he will progress with time, so why is there a need for Withey? To me the only reason is the obvious, that Plumlee isn't the player envisioned when drafted. He passed Bird's eye test, but not what has been expected. It's like back in the 60's I saw this bright shiney HP Chevy for sale and bought it. It passed the eye test, but became the biggest dud car I've ever had. I made a terrible choice, and had to live with it. The car I replaced it with a MoPar old man family car that had a small V8 and was my 1st automatic tranny and 2 tone car. LOL! What a step down from what I'd always had previously. It was 20 times the car that the shiney "go faster" was, and I drove it to death.

AND yes, I like Withey alot. The 1st half of the game he wasn't much, but the 2nd half he imposed his will on NC. If the Pacers could trade up to get him, I'd jump with glee, and that's putting it mildly! He gets up and down the court quickly, he's not a plodder up and down the court like Hibbert is. So many times Hill has to wait for Hibbert to get down the court and in position in order to start the offense.

Yesterday seemed like a day numerous draft type players had terrible games. Ben McLemore comes to mind in particular. McDermontt wasn't that impressive to me. Arron Kraft can play "D", but can he play in the NBA? Not looking for an argument just stating what I saw. I wasn't impressed with IU's Victor O. He didn't live up to his hype I've read here on PD. Cody Zeller looks to be better than his 2 NBA brothers. Mason Plumlee is by far the better Plumlee.

Any guesses where Withey, Zeller, and Plumlee will be taken in the draft? I presume since it's a weak draft they will all go long before last 3rd of the draft... 21-30.

Withey is 23. Does that change any opinion on him?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Withey is 23. Does that change any opinion on him?
    No I know that he is NBA ready right now and can play. If Plumlee could play like Whithey I would of loved the pick. OJ was 23 and I loved the pick. The only time age is a factor is when you are taking a project. Or taking a guy like Bernard James who was 27.

I believe Noah was 22 when he was drafted. He turned out fine. Noah has more tools athletically than Whitey and more skilled, but their games are similar Noah is just more skilled off the dribble. Noah is a great example of bigs taking a long time to develop barley playing as a freshmen to working his tail off and becoming an NBA all star.

Damian Lillard was almost 22 I didn't hold that on him one bit. If you can play it doesn't matter. The only difference is projects guys like Archie Goodwin, if he was 23 I wouldn't even look at him, but at 18 yes he is a good project prospect IMO.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 03-25-2013 at 01:22 PM.

Withey wouldn't get any PT with the Pacers, so whether it's because he's a project or just isn't better than the other options leaves both of them (Plumlee/Withey) in the same boat.

Or do you think Withey would PT?

Mood

Withey wouldn't get any PT with the Pacers, so whether it's because he's a project or just isn't better than the other options leaves both of them (Plumlee/Withey) in the same boat.

Or do you think Withey would PT?
    I doubt we would draft him, but yes I believe he is a good enoght player he would earn PT. Not as much as with other teams but we would be able to find 15-20mpg for him IMO(Ian and Whithey together on the floor). He is going to be a better long term player than Ian but with the money we have tied up in the C spot it kind of makes no sense to draft him.

I believe his rookie year he will go to a team play 20-25mpg and average 5 and 6 with a block per game, and then in the next year become a starter. Again it all depends where he gets drafted but I really like him as a starter at the next level.

That would be an even worse offensive lineup than the one with Tyler.

The problem with Withey is his lack of mass. He'll be pushed around a lot on the inside.
    Last edited by Since86; 03-25-2013 at 02:27 PM.

Mood

That would be an even worse offensive lineup than the one with Tyler.

The problem with Withey is his lack of mass. He'll be pushed around a lot on the inside.
    I disagree but we shall find out shortly. He has a really good frame I don't know what makes you think that. He has handled everyone he has faced. I don't think many realize how good he has been defensively this year and last year. He is defiantly the DPOY of big men without question.

I dont recall a time he has ever got pushed around he is tough. He has faced many with NBA bodies. Obviously the NBA is a different level and he will need a few years to adjust to maximize his game, but at the same time he should be pretty good right away.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 03-25-2013 at 02:35 PM.