Page 16 of 65 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

Cdash I don't think the Len vs Zeller debate is close. Len is way to much of a gamble for my taste. I'm still trying to figure out who the real Alex Len is. I get the Joe Alexander feel from him. I don't think he loves basketball. I feel the same way about Kabago. At worse Zeller will be a terrific high post big man on offense and with NBA sets that is super valuable. He will be great in pinch post situations and in horns sets. His ability off the dribble is so useful big men at the NBA don't expect that and I'm sure the team who drafts him will use that skill. I actually like him a lot his skill set is one that is hard to find and a needed one at the NBA level.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cdash I don't think the Len vs Zeller debate is close. Len is way to much of a gamble for my taste. I'm still trying to figure out who the real Alex Len is. I get the Joe Alexander feel from him. I don't think he loves basketball. I feel the same way about Kabago. At worse Zeller will be a terrific high post big man on offense and with NBA sets that is super valuable. He will be great in pinch post situations and in horns sets. His ability off the dribble is so useful big men at the NBA don't expect that and I'm sure the team who drafts him will use that skill. I actually like him a lot his skill set is one that is hard to find and a needed one at the NBA level.
    I don't think so either. I'll take Zeller all day over Len.

Mood

Does Reggie Bullock ever make a mistake? Such as smart player and plays both ends love watching him play.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Mood

I love Durand Scott we don't have a severe need, but he would allow us to play Lance at backup pg. I love a lot of wings in this draft and if I had to guess a wing will be the BPA when we pick and I would go that route.

Scott's skill set is really good for the league. I would love watching Lance and Scott play together they are interchangeable. Lance could bring the ball up some and Scott could bring it up also. I think they would be a very dynamic combo.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Mood

I think Sam Thompson will have a Victor Olidapo like rise next season. I love his game and once Deshuan leaves I think he blows up.

Mood

Trey Burke vs Nate Wolters go head to head rd one. Happy about that matchup.

UCLA Vs Minnesota is interesting I like Minney in that game UCLA doesnt have the bigs to handle Minney.

San Diego st vs Georgetown is a matchup I hope we see. I really like the bracket so far tons of great matchups.

Jamaal Franklin vs Otto Porter would be so fun to watch.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 03-17-2013 at 05:20 PM.

Mood

Draft express is saying Tony Snell is likely to come out. Thats kind of surprising but I love his skill set.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Does Reggie Bullock ever make a mistake? Such as smart player and plays both ends love watching him play.
    Reggie Bullock is a great player - he does everything. Plays defense, passes, rebounds, good shooter, the guy has no major weakness'. Going to be a huge steal as a late 1st/early 2nd player.

WOW, has anyone seen Ehimen Orukpe before?

I haven't seen a Wichita State game before but this guy has an NBA body like you rarely see in college. Unfortunately looking at his stats, I take it that he is just now starting to learn how to play basketball. Could be an interesting pick in late second round and have him develop in the NBDL for a few years. If he can learn anything about basketball and put it to use with his body, he could be a decent player.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post

I haven't seen a Wichita State game before but this guy has an NBA body like you rarely see in college. Unfortunately looking at his stats, I take it that he is just now starting to learn how to play basketball. Could be an interesting pick in late second round and have him develop in the NBDL for a few years. If he can learn anything about basketball and put it to use with his body, he could be a decent player.
    He is a NBA Body but what is between the ears is lacking...been watching hi. See he was a freshman.

If you want someone who has an NBA body, look no further than Patric Young (UF).
    Last edited by Doddage; 03-22-2013 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    If you want someone who has an NBA body, look no further than Patric Young (UF).
    I came across the following vintage photo of Oscar Robertson in college. Talk about NBA-ready body ... I think this is one of the most gorgeous shots of human athleticism that I've ever seen....

[IMG]http://vitagraphamerican.blogspot.com/2012_02_01_archive.html[\IMG]

Woops, what am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by DrFife; 03-22-2013 at 07:51 AM.
    "I'd run through a brick wall for that man."
    - Roy Hibbert on playing for Coach Frank Vogel

need to get the url for the pic, not the web page:

The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

I haven't watched nearly enough of VCU this year, but I find it hard to believe there isn't a single NBA guy on that roster. I would love to to do some digging on them and either buy a pick in the second round for someone or send out a camp invite. That team is just too good, and too athletic to not have at least one NBA caliber guy. Excited to see what they do against MICH tomorrow.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

George McGinnis in high school was pretty ripped, in an era where lifting was pretty much never done.

Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 03-22-2013 at 08:15 AM.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

interesting to see how Lamont "Momo" Jones today fares for Iona vs. OSU.

6'0", slasher, 3rd leading scorer in the nation, not really a jump shooter. Backup NBA PG prospect as a 2nd rounder, with a George Hill type skill set? He was mostly an off-guard last year next to Scott Machado but seems to have the speed, handles, defensive ability, and court vision to maybe make an NBA roster, by some accounts

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I haven't watched nearly enough of VCU this year, but I find it hard to believe there isn't a single NBA guy on that roster. I would love to to do some digging on them and either buy a pick in the second round for someone or send out a camp invite. That team is just too good, and too athletic to not have at least one NBA caliber guy. Excited to see what they do against MICH tomorrow.
    I agree. Troy Daniels is a little small and would act as a combo guard, but he is REALLY good. I'm honestly going to be surprised if he doesn't get at least some interest. If he were to be a few inches taller I feel like he'd easily be a 1st rounder.
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    interesting to see how Lamont "Momo" Jones today fares for Iona vs. OSU.

6'0", slasher, 3rd leading scorer in the nation, not really a jump shooter. Backup NBA PG prospect as a 2nd rounder, with a George Hill type skill set? He was mostly an off-guard last year next to Scott Machado but seems to have the speed, handles, defensive ability, and court vision to maybe make an NBA roster, by some accounts
    I love Momo I watched every Iona game last season. He is an Aaron Brooks type or yes George Hill a very smart SG in a pgs body. I think he ends up like Bobby Brown or Bo McCalebb and he goes over seas and becomes an elite euro leaguer.

He can score the basketball with the best of them.

on VCU Juvonte Reddic might be the only guy who plays in the league. I am not sold on him as a legit NBA player though. VCU just plays hard they dont need NBA talent when you play hard defense for 40mpg that trumps talent a lot of the time.

They'll lose tomorrow. Trey Burke and the Michigan guards won't be phased by Havoc, at least not late in the game. VCU's entire game is based on forcing turnovers. They're playing the team that gives up the least amount of turnovers per possession. Michigan wins going away.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    They'll lose tomorrow. Trey Burke and the Michigan guards won't be phased by Havoc, at least not late in the game. VCU's entire game is based on forcing turnovers. They're playing the team that gives up the least amount of turnovers per possession. Michigan wins going away.
    What is Trey going to shoot tomorrow against Havoc though?

6-15 would be normal, for him, vs. any good team. The game-by-game breakdown is elsewhere, but as you know he arrives at 47% shooting by shooting 40% against good teams and 55%+ vs. bad teams. There are no more bad teams to play.

Burke's low turnovers are just as much a function of Michigan's offensive design as anything else. He rarely passes into traffic usually just on the perimeter and a turnover on the perimeter usually only results from a fantastic defensive effort or an extremely terrible pass. VCU is going to defend the 3 point line very well and they are going to force Michigan to take longer to get into their offense which is something Michigan does not like.

Michigan can beat VCU and they can even beat them handily, but it's going to take some tough makes for that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    I know all about Patric Young, believe I talked about him in another thread here. His height worries me, but as a second round pick I'd take him.

I know all about Patric Young, believe I talked about him in another thread here. His height worries me, but as a second round pick I'd take him.
    Agreed. Good athlete. crashes the rim hard off of the roll, Florida runs the PnR as much as anyone, he would be ready to go from day 1. Probably will never be a great defender, but if you could teach him to use his leverage well could at least be serviceable, plus Florida big men under Donovan recently have a decent track record.

Pretty well since once the Havoc breaks down, it's lay-ups and 3-pointers.