Page 14 of 65 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
Results 326 to 350 of 1619

Thread: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

  1. #326
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,322

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really think that our PG has to be able to shoot.

    In my opinion, a PG has to have the following traits in order to be a good fit for us:

    1) Be able to play good defense.

    2) Be able to shoot from 3.

    3) Keeping care of the ball / not turning it over.

    4) Size and / or length.

    I am of the opinion that we actually use our PGs in a similar manner as a Triangle offense and thus we don't need a creative PG.
    Nate Wolters may be the ticket for the Pacers considering where they will be drafting.

    http://nbadraft.net/players/nate-wolters
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  2. #327
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    3,049

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gary Harris has vaulted up into the top 10 on Chad Ford's Big Board. That didn't take long.
    He has so much potential
    Smothered Chicken!

  3. #328
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,395

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nate Wolters may be the ticket for the Pacers considering where they will be drafting.

    http://nbadraft.net/players/nate-wolters
    This year's version of Greivis Vasquez maybe? Count me in as intrigued.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

  4. #329
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,322

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This year's version of Greivis Vasquez maybe? Count me in as intrigued.
    I think he would be a better Ben Hansbrough. He is a point and not a combo guard. In the video he displayed good handles and obviously can shoot and has a tear drop. I suspect he would do better against pressure than Ben. Pacers need a third PG and he would be an upgrade.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  5. #330
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,094

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Lottery mock draft machine thingy

    http://espn.go.com/nba/lottery2013/mockdraft

    Defaults Oladipo to Phoenix at 3 and Zeller to Philly at 11

    They have McLemore as most team's number 1 favorite I'd say. Smart and Noel also appear at 1.

    They have the Pistons taking Harris at 9.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  6. #331
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,862
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Carter-Williams showed why I am so down on him today(compared to most). His numbers get inflated in that system if you watch him play he isn't that impressive. He takes a ton of bad shots and his movements on defense don't look like they will transfer well to a man to man system. He is super overrated IMO. Russ Smith ate him up today. That isnt that much of a surprise Russ is a really good ball hawk defender.


    Ben McLemore looks like he put last week behind him his jumper is so sexy and smooth I love that kids form. He just needs to show more want at the end of games. Last week was disappointing in that regard.

  7. #332
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,862
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think he would be a better Ben Hansbrough. He is a point and not a combo guard. In the video he displayed good handles and obviously can shoot and has a tear drop. I suspect he would do better against pressure than Ben. Pacers need a third PG and he would be an upgrade.
    I have only seen him play twice. Once he dropped 40, but I agree he reminded me more Ben than anyone. His handle isn't clean like a pg with his limitations needs to be. I would guess he will struggle getting the ball up the floor at the next level. His form is better than Ben's though Ben's release is far to long.


    Erick Green or Kevin Pangos are the pg I like if we are going scorer with limitations. They both have good handles Green's is really good IMO. I love Pango's quick release and I love Erick Green's complete game on offense. I have a write up done on Green I really like his game. His defense scares me though going to be bad at the next level. He should be able to cross match but that requires a big quick SG to play with him. He will be able to play the PG and SG at the next level. He is sneaky basketball athletic super quick and crafty.

  8. #333
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,862
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Yes, Kabago is still way to flawed he will be really exposed at the next level. Not sure it's fixable to major holes in his game. Even in his 30+ game I watched the other night I didnt come away impressed I would still pass on him he has no feel for the game just a ton of speed.


    Markell Brown on the other hand #want

  9. #334
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,742

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Aside from Nerlens Noel, there is not a single player on Kentucky that I would want to draft.

  10. #335
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,862
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aside from Nerlens Noel, there is not a single player on Kentucky that I would want to draft.
    To play in a rotation next year? I agree but I would be fine with WCS and Goodwin as projects not a big fan of Poythress anymore and I loved him in HS. WCS in the right place with the right player development could be unreal in 5+ years.

  11. #336

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    I look for the PG the Pacers need to not be a PG at all. Kind of like George Hill, I expect him to be a undersized SG/combo guard instead of a college PG. That is a good thing, because it widens the field of good enough players considerably. The undersized shooting guards types are pretty easy to find coming out of college. Finding one that can handle the ball well enough should be fairly easy.

    Who knows, Lance might be the answer to this next season. I would not be surprised to see him get a chance at the backup PG spot next season.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really think that our PG has to be able to shoot.

    In my opinion, a PG has to have the following traits in order to be a good fit for us:

    1) Be able to play good defense.

    2) Be able to shoot from 3.

    3) Keeping care of the ball / not turning it over.

    4) Size and / or length.

    I am of the opinion that we actually use our PGs in a similar manner as a Triangle offense and thus we don't need a creative PG.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:


  13. #337
    Member Mr.Hinds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    270
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    I wouldn't mind looking into Lorenzo Brown. NC State's point guard leads the ACC in dimes with 7 a game. He also dwarfs most PGs at 6-5 with a +wingspan. He'll need to add strength to defend and finish better at the nba level. He could work on his spot up shooting and has slight turnover issues but that can get worked out however I think he would be ideal for Franks system.
    "There is a time to play and a time to win. It is what you do during winning time that differentiates the average players from stars."

    ~Ahmad Rashad~

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Hinds For This Useful Post:


  15. #338
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,742

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    What happened to Tony Mitchell this year?

  16. #339
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,862
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What happened to Tony Mitchell this year?
    They have a new coach I know that but to be honest I haven't seen him play but once on ESPN3. He was on TV and ESPN3 it seemed like 20 times last year and this year he is never on. It is sad when I look at his numbers he was one of my favorite players I watched last year he was so gifted but still so raw. His numbers are down across the board I do wonder what happen to him. I would of took a gamble on him late lottery last year now I am not sure he is going to get drafted 1st rd. I would still gamble on him and hope our player development staff can fix him but it depends on what the board looks like.


    I think he will become a JJ Hickson type guy if he buys in to that role. He does remind you in so many ways of old Dennis Rodman tape dude is just so gifted. I wish he had Rodman's motor.

  17. #340
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,742

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    I have to be honest--I don't love Cody Zeller's NBA potential.

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  19. #341
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,279
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have to be honest--I don't love Cody Zeller's NBA potential.
    I think he'd be stupid to stay in college considering that he's graduating, but I don't think he'll be a great NBA player. Rotational player at best, IMO.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  20. #342
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,395

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To play in a rotation next year? I agree but I would be fine with WCS and Goodwin as projects not a big fan of Poythress anymore and I loved him in HS. WCS in the right place with the right player development could be unreal in 5+ years.
    I agree with you about Willie Cauley-Stein. He could be a very good player. I wonder if he'll declare. If he's around where the Pacers pick, I'd definitely take a chance on him.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

  21. #343

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Noel was KY best player. C-S, Poythress, and Goodwin need another year playing in college. Whether they do is a horse of a different color. If Noel declares, I'm wondereing with his injury issue how far down will he fall in the draft? Far enough down, the Pacers might be able to take a gamble and trade up for him?? Granger's knee issue dropped him to #17.

    I watched both KY and Louisville games yesterday. Louisville is a good team and could go far in the NCAA tournament, but I don't see major NBA talent on that team. I've watched L'ville play numerous times this year. Their players remind me of the quality of Samuels, Clark, T'Will, and Character type players. They work good as a team, but nothing that truly stands out to me. JMOAA

  22. #344
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,253

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Noel declares, I'm wondereing with his injury issue how far down will he fall in the draft? Far enough down, the Pacers might be able to take a gamble and trade up for him?? Granger's knee issue dropped him to #17.
    He will drop but I doubt that he will drop low enough to be in the mid 20s.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  23. #345

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    thoughts on jackie carmichael????? could be a cheaper replacement for hansbrough

  24. #346
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,742

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Noel declares, I'm wondereing with his injury issue how far down will he fall in the draft? Far enough down, the Pacers might be able to take a gamble and trade up for him??
    He won't fall out of the top 5. I doubt he falls past the top 3, honestly.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  26. #347

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    He will drop but I doubt that he will drop low enough to be in the mid 20s.

    I don't think so either, but I was hoping far enough that the Pacers could trade up to get him. If he'd drop out of the lottery(1-14), maybe a chance to move up to get him. With injuries, you never know how other teams will view the injury, Granger is a prime example of a top 10 pick who dropped to #17, and Noel could drop far enough for the Pacers to move up in the draft to get him. Just wishful thinking on my part.

  27. #348
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,253

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think so either, but I was hoping far enough that the Pacers could trade up to get him. If he'd drop out of the lottery(1-14), maybe a chance to move up to get him. With injuries, you never know how other teams will view the injury, Granger is a prime example of a top 10 pick who dropped to #17, and Noel could drop far enough for the Pacers to move up in the draft to get him. Just wishful thinking on my part.
    I get what you mean but will we have the assets to get move up?
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  28. #349

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    thoughts on kentavious caldwell-pope?

  29. #350
    Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,308

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What happened to Tony Mitchell this year?
    Good question. Ditto with James McAdoo. Those guys were being talked up as lottery picks last year... now they're being mocked in the 20s! What gives?

    Oh well, their loss, our (potential) gain. Take a shot at a lottery talent PF, and see if we could work out their issues. Could do worse in this draft.

Similar Threads

  1. Who Stays? Who Goes? 2012-2013.
    By WhoLovesYaBaby? in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-04-2012, 12:25 PM
  2. 2012 NBA draft prospects thread
    By pacer4ever in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 600
    Last Post: 05-30-2012, 09:08 PM
  3. International prospects for the 2012 NBA Draft
    By Nuntius in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-14-2012, 08:11 AM
  4. 2012 NFL Draft Discussion Thread
    By Trophy in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 403
    Last Post: 05-02-2012, 10:32 PM
  5. Reach in 2012 or wait until 2013
    By Really? in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-09-2012, 11:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •