Page 22 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
Results 526 to 550 of 1619

Thread: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

  1. #526
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    3,170

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Glad to see it! Another year or 2 of seasoning will benefit him.
    yes he needs to find an offensive game besides rebounding. He plays with effort and energy, a Tyler Hansbrough type player. The only difference is that Tyler had an offensive game and was the leading scorer on his team when he entered the draft. If McGary can do those things, he will be a solid prospect
    Smothered Chicken!

  2. #527
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,470

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    The Pacers will have a good player available to them where they are picking. With Danny and his return very much up in the air I really would like to see the Pacers take a hard look at Mitchell. Very good rebounder and defender and
    could play sf/pf just like Danny. He is very athletic.
    7'3" wingspan. DG is 7'1"

    http://www.nbadraft.net/players/tony-mitchell
    Last edited by owl; 04-04-2013 at 12:02 PM.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  3. #528
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,536
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's hard to evaluate players to draft. Dunleavy has had a decent career, but it doesn't rate where he was drafted. Toolazy to look it up, but iirc, it was #3.

    K Brown #1
    Darko #2
    Childress #6
    Diogu #9
    Tyrus Thomas #2
    Adam Morrison #3
    Sheldon Williams #5
    Yi Jianlian #6

    Those are just some top #10 picks who never lived up to their pick position.

    Then there are those who were drafted in the 2nd rd who were successful. In the 03 draft, the following players are still playing:


    Walton
    Blake
    W. Green
    Pachula
    Bogans
    Bonner
    Mo Williams
    James Jones
    Korver

    In 05 2nd rd, instead of drafting the infamous Lorbek the following players could have been picked

    Blatche
    Gomes
    Amir Johnson
    Gortat

    This is a prime example of why it's hard to evaluate players. Some GM's have more success/luck than others. I'm sure there will be some misses in this draft too.
    Not too sure of that. The link I am providing is Dunleavy's draft class. He may not have been the 3rd best player, but at very worst it is debatable.

    The slot you are taken should be a factor towards your expectations, but so should the overall draft class.

    IMO Dunleavy was a decent 3rd pick based on what else was there.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_NBA_Draft

  4. #529
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    3,170

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Pacers will have a good player available to them where they are picking. With Danny and his return very much up in the air I really would like to see the Pacers take a hard look at Mitchell. Very good rebounder and defender and
    could play sf/pf just like Danny. He is very athletic.

    http://www.nbadraft.net/players/tony-mitchell
    Kyle Anderson from UCLA is also a solid idea if he leaves school
    Smothered Chicken!

  5. #530
    Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In the Washington DC area
    Posts
    4,324
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    I'm a firm believer in taking the best player available. not the guy that fits a need.

    Guys I like at the mid20s:

    1. McAdoo - NBA body, plays with poise and confidence, good bball IQ, defense, back-to-the basket, hit boards hard.

    2. CJ Leslie - Leader on his team. Will be an NBA SF. Great handles for a guy his size. Reminds me of Danny... a guy who played PF in college but will transition nicely to SF based on his skills.

    Guys I like in the 2nd round:

    1. Patric Young - Big and strong, defense, boards. Highly underrated. Plays well within offensive sets and bangs underneath. Great footwork.

  6. #531
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,882
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MyFavMartin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm a firm believer in taking the best player available. not the guy that fits a need.

    Guys I like at the mid20s:

    1. McAdoo - NBA body, plays with poise and confidence, good bball IQ, defense, back-to-the basket, hit boards hard.

    2. CJ Leslie - Leader on his team. Will be an NBA SF. Great handles for a guy his size. Reminds me of Danny... a guy who played PF in college but will transition nicely to SF based on his skills.

    Guys I like in the 2nd round:

    1. Patric Young - Big and strong, defense, boards. Highly underrated. Plays well within offensive sets and bangs underneath. Great footwork.
    I dont agree on McAdoo at all, first he is a face up drive to the basket guy(who takes too many jump shots his jumper is broke(. Second he does not have good bball IQ IMO and the NBA body may be partly true, he is a bit undersized.


    I agree with Tony Mitchell I have been on his bandwagon for ages. If I was in the draft room I would tell the GM that he might be the riskiest guy in the draft. However he is a top 5 talent (maybe higher in this draft) in a draft if you can get him to play like he is capable of. With the way our staff has developed players he is worth the gamble IMO, as long as our area scout thinks he is a good kid.

    I wouldn't be surprised if he was in China in 5 years or at the NBA all star game.



    on to Young I dont think he moves the needle at all at the NBA level. He has rotational big upside and I guess that has some value.

  7. #532

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Pacers will have a good player available to them where they are picking. With Danny and his return very much up in the air I really would like to see the Pacers take a hard look at Mitchell. Very good rebounder and defender and
    could play sf/pf just like Danny. He is very athletic.

    http://www.nbadraft.net/players/tony-mitchell

    I figure the Pacers will end up with the 8th best record which translates to the #23 pick. At the present time, I'm leaning on trading out of the draft. That might be hard to do in a weak draft tho. The 014 draft should be a good draft. Just have to wait and see how the mock drafts close to the draft shows who might be available at #23.

    #23 picks from previous 10 drafts

    012 John Jenkins
    011 Nikola Mirotic
    010 Trever Booker
    009 Omri Casspi
    008 Kosta Koufos
    007 Wilson Chandler
    006 Boone
    005 Francico Garcia
    004 Sergi Monia
    003 Travis Outlaw

    Not much there to get overly excited about, so I don't expect it to be any different this year either.

  8. #533

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not too sure of that. The link I am providing is Dunleavy's draft class. He may not have been the 3rd best player, but at very worst it is debatable.

    The slot you are taken should be a factor towards your expectations, but so should the overall draft class.

    IMO Dunleavy was a decent 3rd pick based on what else was there.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_NBA_Draft

    THe expectations of Dunleavy due to his draft placement were a sore spot with the GS fans. They expected more from a #3 pick, and it was irrelevant to them how the overall draft was rated. He was their pick, and he wasn't the player they envisioned that a player at #3 should be.

  9. #534
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,536
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    THe expectations of Dunleavy due to his draft placement were a sore spot with the GS fans. They expected more from a #3 pick, and it was irrelevant to them how the overall draft was rated. He was their pick, and he wasn't the player they envisioned that a player at #3 should be.
    That is a problem with the fans then. I mean Dunleavy may have been the most talented player in the draft. Who did GS fans want the team to take? It is not like they passed on Lebron James and Chris Paul to take Dunleavy.

  10. #535
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    20,679

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree with Tony Mitchell I have been on his bandwagon for ages. If I was in the draft room I would tell the GM that he might be the riskiest guy in the draft. However he is a top 5 talent (maybe higher in this draft) in a draft if you can get him to play like he is capable of. With the way our staff has developed players he is worth the gamble IMO, as long as our area scout thinks he is a good kid.
    I can agree with this. We don't have any big needs that stand out and we're doing a good job at developing players indeed.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  11. #536
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,882
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Just read Thomas from Memphis hired an agent. Terrible decision he was awful in his two years at Memphis. One of the most hyped kids in HS who fizzed out under Pasturne seems like a trend for him. Not a big fan of his coaching. But Thomas declaring is so shocking I don't see him getting picked high at all.

  12. #537
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,882
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I figure the Pacers will end up with the 8th best record which translates to the #23 pick. At the present time, I'm leaning on trading out of the draft. That might be hard to do in a weak draft tho. The 014 draft should be a good draft. Just have to wait and see how the mock drafts close to the draft shows who might be available at #23.

    #23 picks from previous 10 drafts

    012 John Jenkins
    011 Nikola Mirotic
    010 Trever Booker
    009 Omri Casspi
    008 Kosta Koufos
    007 Wilson Chandler
    006 Boone
    005 Francico Garcia
    004 Sergi Monia
    003 Travis Outlaw

    Not much there to get overly excited about, so I don't expect it to be any different this year either.
    I wanted Nik Mirotic in the worst way. Another top 10 value who fell because he couldn't come over for 5 years due to a horrible buy out. That kid is special though Bulls have a good one in him and he fits what Thibs does will be great in that motion offense.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  14. #538

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    I can agree with this. We don't have any big needs that stand out and we're doing a good job at developing players indeed.

    WHAT?

    The Pacers have needed a b/u PG since DC was traded. You can color Augustin gone, so that means the Pacers need a b/u PG for the future. As far as I'm concerned, they need a more talented big for the future as well.

  15. #539
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    20,679

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wanted Nik Mirotic in the worst way. Another top 10 value who fell because he couldn't come over for 5 years due to a horrible buy out. That kid is special though Bulls have a good one in him and he fits what Thibs does will be great in that motion offense.
    I agree. Mirotic can play. I've watched him enough in Europe in order to know that he will be good in the NBA.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  16. #540
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    20,679

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    WHAT?

    The Pacers have needed a b/u PG since DC was traded. You can color Augustin gone, so that means the Pacers need a b/u PG for the future. As far as I'm concerned, they need a more talented big for the future as well.
    Do we need a b/u PG? Of course.

    Do I think that we can find one in the draft? No.

    We need an experienced b/u PG. A veteran. Not a rookie.

    That's my opinion, of course
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  17. #541
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    20,679

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    By the way, I just read that Steven Adams is declaring for the NBA Draft in order to provide for family.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  18. #542

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do we need a b/u PG? Of course.

    Do I think that we can find one in the draft? No.

    We need an experienced b/u PG. A veteran. Not a rookie.

    That's my opinion, of course

    I agree the need for an experienced b/u PG, but it does not mean you don't have a need at PG for the future... b/u or otherwise.

  19. #543
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,882
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    By the way, I just read that Steven Adams is declaring for the NBA Draft in order to provide for family.
    Plumlee 2.0 decent athlete who has no skill and very uncoordinated

  20. #544

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Plumlee 2.0 decent athlete who has no skill and very uncoordinated
    No need for a repeat.

    Out of curosity what do you think of Russ Smith? Seems his size is not in his favor.

  21. #545
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,882
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No need for a repeat.

    Out of curosity what do you think of Russ Smith? Seems his size is not in his favor.
    Love him for the Pacers he will be a TO machine early in his career but I think that can improve. Need to be patient with him but he solves a need a defensive stopper vs quick guards. He is one of the only pgs I would draft for the Pacers in this draft.

    love his feet on defense and he is going to be a pest for opposing pgs. If he is sitting there early in the 2nd I would trade up and nab him and give him a 3 year deal like OJ. We need a cheap bench who we can gel together and he would fit the bill of what I am looking for in a backup pg. I am sure Vogel will get some good info on him from Pitino, but I love him as a late 1st guy great value IMO .

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  23. #546
    B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Basketball heartland
    Posts
    2,215

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    My PG prospects list
    1: Marcus Smart
    2: CJ McCollum
    3: Michael Carter Williams
    4: Trey Burke
    5: Lorenzo Brown
    6: Nate Wolfers
    7: Myck Kabongo
    8: Russ Smith
    9: Shane Larkin
    10: Erick Green
    11: Isaiah Canaan

    .
    There are no great PG prospects this draft. Probably the only ones with perennial All Star potential is Smart and MCW . The best fit for the Pacers that would be available in the late 1st and 2nd round would be Russ Smith as P4E already said and Kabongo. Burke seems more like a Kemba Walker type.

  24. #547
    Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,563

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee 2.0 decent athlete who has no skill and very uncoordinated
    Age 19 vs age 23 would seem to make a big difference.

    Dunno, I like him as a prospect. Good combo of size and mobility in a big man. Still very raw of course but could see him becoming a very good defender down the road.

  25. #548
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,286
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    If he was left on the board when the Pacers pick, I would love to see us pick up Jeff Withey. He is a better version of Plumlee.


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  27. #549
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,882
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Age 19 vs age 23 would seem to make a big difference.

    Dunno, I like him as a prospect. Good combo of size and mobility in a big man. Still very raw of course but could see him becoming a very good defender down the road.
    I totally agree age wise I just dont see it in him. Most 18 to 19 year olds at least show signs ala Drummond at UCONN. He was Adams bad on offense but man could he move his feet and had better tools by far and feel for the game. Adams just looks clueless on the court and it didn't improve much all season. I just don't like him at all Daniel Orton was only 19 when he was drafted and we are still waiting for his potential to show . Orton had the same issues at the Dleague and NBA level that I see in Adams, just has no clue how to play basketball and use his size and mobility. Athleticism does no good when you dont know how to use it. Adams just doesn't understand his size and play his size. I am normally a fan of project kids if I can see the light at the end of the tunnel ala Myers Leonard last year Drummond the year prior. With Adams I just see no upside and value at all. I do think he ends up playing for a few years 7fters don't grow on trees. But I dont think he is ever a good player. JMO and I will probably be totally wrong lets just hope for his sake I am.

  28. #550
    Member Miller_time04's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Martinsville
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,343
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If he was left on the board when the Pacers pick, I would love to see us pick up Jeff Withey. He is a better version of Plumlee.


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    I think he goes top 20 for sure. I want us to draft a back up point or back up PF.

Similar Threads

  1. Who Stays? Who Goes? 2012-2013.
    By WhoLovesYaBaby? in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-04-2012, 12:25 PM
  2. 2012 NBA draft prospects thread
    By pacer4ever in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 600
    Last Post: 05-30-2012, 09:08 PM
  3. International prospects for the 2012 NBA Draft
    By Nuntius in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-14-2012, 08:11 AM
  4. 2012 NFL Draft Discussion Thread
    By Trophy in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 403
    Last Post: 05-02-2012, 10:32 PM
  5. Reach in 2012 or wait until 2013
    By Really? in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-09-2012, 11:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •