Page 11 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 1619

Thread: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

  1. #251
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,491

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Here's a semi-plausible scenario I would be tickled pink with: Gary Harris for some reason declares for the NBA draft and is around for the Pacers pick. He's not NBA ready yet, and I think he will stay in school, and I think if he declared he would probably rise up the draft boards, but that would be awesome. Give him some time and he's going to be really, really good.

  2. #252
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,882
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    I honestly haven't watched enough Gary Harris. I just figure he wont come out so why bother. If he declares I will come back and watch him closer though.

    In the games I have seen Michigan San Digeo st ect. I didn't really consider him a legit threat to come out baaed on what I saw.

  3. #253
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,882
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    The more I watch Gary the more I get the impression he is the reverse of Gerald Green. Gary is a very good basketball player, just not a very good athlete by NBA standards. With that said I take a very good basketball player over a very good athlete every time.

  4. #254
    Grow some nuts Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,672

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here's a semi-plausible scenario I would be tickled pink with: Gary Harris for some reason declares for the NBA draft and is around for the Pacers pick. He's not NBA ready yet, and I think he will stay in school, and I think if he declared he would probably rise up the draft boards, but that would be awesome. Give him some time and he's going to be really, really good.
    I've definitely been thinking about it as he's come on the last few weeks after a few down games. I still think he'll stay another year, but he'd be a really great pick. Plus it'd be nice for him to play for at least one of my teams.

  5. #255
    Grow some nuts Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,672

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    I like Adrian Payne's skillset a ton too, kid's just so inconsistent

  6. #256
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,491

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    On Chad Ford's current Big Board Alex Len of Maryland is #7 and Cody Zeller is #9. Who would you guys take?


    Obviously, I'm a homer, and would probably take Zeller at this point. Len is really inconsistent despite his incredibly physical profile. I know what I'm getting with Zeller. With Len...I'm not so sure.

  7. #257
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,453

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On Chad Ford's current Big Board Alex Len of Maryland is #7 and Cody Zeller is #9. Who would you guys take?


    Obviously, I'm a homer, and would probably take Zeller at this point. Len is really inconsistent despite his incredibly physical profile. I know what I'm getting with Zeller. With Len...I'm not so sure.
    I'd probably take Zeller, though I don't think Zeller will be all that good for a high lottery pick.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

  8. #258
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    20,706

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    What do you guys think about Seth Curry?
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  9. #259
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,286
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    I'm as big of a homer as you'll find for the Hoosiers, but I wouldn't want Zeller if I owned a lottery pick. I don't think he will be a great NBA player. The only team I think that would get good use of him in a way that helps him would be OKC, who owns a lottery pick. Going up against Ibaka and Perkins every day, Zeller would bulk up really quick.


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  10. #260
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    20,706

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm as big of a homer as you'll find for the Hoosiers, but I wouldn't want Zeller if I owned a lottery pick. I don't think he will be a great NBA player. The only team I think that would get good use of him in a way that helps him would be OKC, who owns a lottery pick. Going up against Ibaka and Perkins every day, Zeller would bulk up really quick.
    What if he fell so far that we could draft him?
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  12. #261
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,286
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What if he fell so far that we could draft him?
    I'd take him, because he at least has some upside... Unlike another white center we drafted last year. That low, upside is hard to find. I just don't think he will be a star. Solid player, but not lottery material IMO.


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  14. #262
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    20,706

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd take him, because he at least has some upside... Unlike another white center we drafted last year. That low, upside is hard to find. I just don't think he will be a star. Solid player, but not lottery material IMO.
    Can he play PF in the NBA? That's the big question, imo.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  15. #263
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,667

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    WNBA players make around 50K from what I read about Courtney Paris a few years back. Paying Dleague guys another 50K especially the elite one and done guys could be the solution. Have a 17-19 year old draft and have a rookie pay scale. Say the #1 pick gets 100k and move down from there. That 100k would be life changing for most of these guys who grew up in poverty. It would not only make the college game better but it would be better for the Dleague and NBA. Make it like baseball where they take education seriously.
    Really? Really? Are you really trying to float the idea that making 17-19 year-olds eligible for the draft is going to help the quality of basketball played in the NCAA? Am I understanding you correctly?

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:


  17. #264
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Lawrence County
    Posts
    31

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Who would be a better center for the next five years, Cody Zeller or Big Roy?

  18. #265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernIndianaFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who would be a better center for the next five years, Cody Zeller or Big Roy?
    Roy

  19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dgreenwell3 For This Useful Post:


  20. #266
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,882
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Roy
    Ya wont even be a debate IMO. Of course I am not factoring money into the equation.

    Ben McLemore has had a bad week.


    I think I am going to try to transfer and work for Fred Hoiberg. I love that mans coaching. If I can earn my way as a video guy there I would be in heaven.

    Elijah Johnson is making me eat crow for at least this game. unstoppable right now.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 02-26-2013 at 12:15 AM.

  21. #267
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,882
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Wow Bill Self has to be going fully gray after that sequence it couldn't be good for his health. I probably would of lost my mind terrible play by his players.


    McLemore again doesn't demand the ball in OT he is to selfless.

    WOW JOHNSON!!! Jayhawks are going to win basically been all Elijah.

  22. #268
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,498

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    I think Zeller is decent value anywhere outside of the top 10. I think he can be a starter on a good team. Just not the star.

    Elijah's game was pretty crazy last night. Don't know what to make of that.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  23. #269
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    3,170

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernIndianaFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who would be a better center for the next five years, Cody Zeller or Big Roy?
    Roy will be a better center when he's 60 then Zeller is now
    Smothered Chicken!

  24. #270
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,149

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Roy will be a better center when he's 60 then Zeller is now
    Can we put hoosierguy and Coopdog23 in an 8' x 8' cage, and let them fight to the death?

  25. #271
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    3,170

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can we put hoosierguy and Coopdog23 in an 8' x 8' cage, and let them fight to the death?
    I'm super tired of Roy Zeller comparisons. Roy is a top notch NBA center, Zeller will not be
    Smothered Chicken!

  26. #272
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,149

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Roy will be a better center when he's 60 then Zeller is now
    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm super tired of Roy Zeller comparisons. Roy is a top notch NBA center, Zeller will not be
    Fair. Although any thoughts of Roy being a top notch center seem weird right now. But the 1st quote above is just a dumb thing to say.

  27. #273
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    3,170

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fair. Although any thoughts of Roy being a top notch center seem weird right now. But the 1st quote above is just a dumb thing to say.
    I hate how people are bagging on Roy, he's not as bad as people are saying and people are over hyping Zeller
    Smothered Chicken!

  28. #274
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,498

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    I've only seen one person compare Roy to Zeller in this entire thread.

    For starters, even ignoring any talent differences, they are pretty much entirely different players.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  29. #275
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,358

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

    Is anybody saying Zeller is going to be a center in the NBA? That is ludicrous.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

Similar Threads

  1. Who Stays? Who Goes? 2012-2013.
    By WhoLovesYaBaby? in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-04-2012, 12:25 PM
  2. 2012 NBA draft prospects thread
    By pacer4ever in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 600
    Last Post: 05-30-2012, 09:08 PM
  3. International prospects for the 2012 NBA Draft
    By Nuntius in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-14-2012, 08:11 AM
  4. 2012 NFL Draft Discussion Thread
    By Trophy in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 403
    Last Post: 05-02-2012, 10:32 PM
  5. Reach in 2012 or wait until 2013
    By Really? in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-09-2012, 11:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •