Page 9 of 65 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

Pacer4ever or anyone have a dark horse or a favorite that's playing today other then the top 30ish? Lots of games and don't know who I might be missing.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pacer4ever or anyone have a dark horse or a favorite that's playing today other then the top 30ish? Lots of games and don't know who I might be missing.
    I have been watching games since 12:00 haven't really check the board. How about that Michigan game wow are Bo Ryan teams hard to play.

Kid Im starting to really like is a Euro playing for Partizan, Leo Westermann. He will be a project for sure of sorts but I like how he is playing his upside may be limited;however, I would take a gamble on him in the 2nd.

I'm watching the kid out of South Dakota state right now Nate Wolters. I haven't watched enough tape on him to make an informed opinion yet.

I like Erik Green as a sleeper for us to he would be great value in the 2nd. Phil Pressey reminds me a lot of DJ Augustin when he was with the Bobcats solid floor general but size and defense limits him.

Markell Brown is another kid I really like as a value guy. Marcus Smart is special Dr. Awesome always talked about Kendall Marshall making teammates better he needs to check out Smart. That kid makes his teammates better and has a NBA skill set that will allow him to do it at the next level.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 02-09-2013 at 06:48 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Mood

Also he doesnt play until later and I am not gonna watch it live. I really like Jahii Carson I don't have a opinion on the guy NBA wise yet. I don't think he will come out for a few years due to his size. However,I love his college game from the 3 games I have seen. He is a handful to handle very good PnR player.

Elston Turner vs Pope has been a snooze fest. Pope's defense has been on display but he is off on offense.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Mood

Dwight Powell is impressive, skinny, but skilled and has a good lookin shot. Quick on his feet for his height.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Mood

Jamaal Franklin is exactly what I look for in a wing. He has great length, defense and rebounds like a man. He is a good passer and has a pretty good handle my issue is his polish and maturity. He is already 21 and he needs a lot more work developing IMO. His shot selection is really bad. He reminds me a ton of a more physical Paul George without the 3pt shot in terms of PG at Fresno. He gets to the line at will and knows how to get the foul calls. Just a really good skill set but his shot selection, and out of control play at times could cause him to drop a bit. I would gamble on him for sure. I mean no one who is on the board when we pick I would be completely comfortable with like if we had a higher pick. But he would be a solid guy IMO who when asked to be a glue guy would be a lot more efficient than "the man" that he is at SDST. Dude plays so hard must be something in the water there with him and Kwai a few years ago. He does everything for that team and if he gets a jumper he will be nearly unstoppable to guard.

I doubt he drops and wouldn't really fit as he really can only play SG. However if he falls he would likely be BPA and I would go that route. In this draft we have to go BPA we don't really have a glaring need and even if we did you cant address that with a mid 20s pick.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 02-09-2013 at 09:56 PM.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    No point in trading Granger especially if your plan to replace him is a rookie who wont be NBA ready day 1 IMO. He is a really good athlete with a solid foundation to be a really good player in the future but he really needs to learn the game more and do more of the little things. He will infuriate many coaches IMO misses rotations and just basic stuff. It's correctable but I hope he goes back to Michigan he needs it. I'm not a big fan if he came out I would probably pass very bad defender bad motor ect. currently and the upside isn't worth the reward imo. I'd take Hardaway over him.
    Sounds somewhat similar to what I feel about NASH
    Why so SERIOUS

I'm surprised with the success of Andre Drummond this season that Nerlens Noel isn't the consensus #1 pick in this draft (unless you're Detroit or New Orleans). While Noel isn't the same type of physical specimen Drummond is, it seems to me he has a similar game.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    I'm surprised with the success of Andre Drummond this season that Nerlens Noel isn't the consensus #1 pick in this draft (unless you're Detroit or New Orleans). While Noel isn't the same type of physical specimen Drummond is, it seems to me he has a similar game.
    I think Nerlens will be #1 on draft night.JMO

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

I think Nerlens will be #1 on draft night.JMO

You are assuming Noel will be coming out. That's not a given.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    You are assuming Noel will be coming out. That's not a given.
    Yes it is. In fact, the only one of the Kentucky freshman where it's not a given is Cauley-Stein. Calipari will push all of the other 3 out the door.

Sports Logo

Saw one of the ESPN guys, wanna say Marc Stein, tweet out a couple days ago that if the draft were tomorrow Noel's the consensus #1

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    nbadraft.net has Victor Oladipo as a second rounder. I'm not an IU homer, but Oliadipo resembles a first rounder. One could make a serious argument that he, not Zeller, is IU's best player. He reminds me, strictly basketball wise, of Ron Artest. Very good defensively, and an outstanding finisher around the rim. His jump shot isn't pretty, but it goes still goes in more often than you would think.
    nbadraft.net is pretty terrible

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Yes it is. In fact, the only one of the Kentucky freshman where it's not a given is Cauley-Stein. Calipari will push all of the other 3 out the door.

Got something in writing, link, where Noel is quoted as saying he will be leaving U of K after his freshmen season? If not, it's not a given fact as it's only conjecture and speculation.

Would I be surprised if Noel left? NO, but I'd be disappointed if he did. I don't care if Poythress or Harrow leave. Wiiltjer is left over from last years NCAA champ team. I'm not sure Wiltjer or Archie are NBA ready. We'll just have to wait to see who declares and who doesn't.

Yes, my teams have the color blue in their uniforms and not any red. As a matter of fact, I refuse to wear the color red. I wouldn't drive a red vehicle if you gave it to me! Well, maybe I could be persauded if it was a red Lamborghini. LOL!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    Sounds somewhat similar to what I feel about NASH
    I agree Nash is a project but I am not suggesting trading up for him and trading Granger like people are with Glen. I am saying draft him and developme him like we have done with several other talented players. Good chance he busts but where we are picking it's not like there is a sure fire high upside guy there. I like his skill set and he would be a solid late first rd guy.

Shags I am guessing Noel goes #1 however he has a different body to Drummond. I actually like Noel's tape better than Drummond by a wide margin. However Noel's body is kind of limited he isn't wide like a Drummond or as long like a Davis. His frame isnt perfect that is why he isn't the #1 yet IMO.

JT Noel is coming out there is 0% chance he comes back. His stock would fall as soon as Wiggins declares next year. That concept of him coming back makes 0 sense under any situation. I would put everything I own on that he comes out. Where did you get this crazy idea he will come back? You obviously miss how UK works.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 02-10-2013 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    I agree Nash is a project but I am not suggesting trading up for him and trading Granger like people are with Glen. I am saying draft him and developme him like we have done with several other talented players. Good chance he busts but where we are picking it's not like there is a sure fire high upside guy there. I like his skill set and he would be a solid late first rd guy.

Shags I am guessing Noel goes #1 however he has a different body to Drummond. I actually like Noel's tape better than Drummond by a wide margin. However Noel's body is kind of limited he isn't wide like a Drummond or as long like a Davis. His frame isnt perfect that is why he isn't the #1 yet IMO.

JT Noel is coming out there is 0% chance he comes back. His stock would fall as soon as Wiggins declares next year. That concept of him coming back makes 0 sense under any situation. I would put everything I own on that he comes out. Where did you get this crazy idea he will come back? You obviously miss how UK works.

I'm quite familair with how KY works. I wouldn't bet anything you can't afford to lose that Noel declares, that's all I will say.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    Got something in writing, link, where Noel is quoted as saying he will be leaving U of K after his freshmen season? If not, it's not a given fact as it's only conjecture and speculation.

Would I be surprised if Noel left? NO, but I'd be disappointed if he did. I don't care if Poythress or Harrow leave. Wiiltjer is left over from last years NCAA champ team. I'm not sure Wiltjer or Archie are NBA ready. We'll just have to wait to see who declares and who doesn't.

Yes, my teams have the color blue in their uniforms and not any red. As a matter of fact, I refuse to wear the color red. I wouldn't drive a red vehicle if you gave it to me! Well, maybe I could be persauded if it was a red Lamborghini. LOL!
    Well, no I don't have a link or anything in writing about Noel or any of the other freshman at Kentucky.

But what I do have is a program in Kentucky where 9 out of 17 freshman have gone pro in the last 3 years. Of those 8 who didn't, only 2 ended up or will end up in the NBA (Jones and Lamb). Although maybe Wiltjer will make it 3. And I also have a coach in John Calipari who would never allow Noel to come back if he were a top 3 pick, and he probably wouldn't let Goodwin or Poythress go if they were lottery picks.

The best indicator of future behavior is past behavior, which is why I'm very confident that Noel, Goodwin, and Poythress will be in the NBA next season. Especially with the recruiting class Kentucky's got coming in next season.

Btw, I'm not an IU fan. I really don't have a favorite team in college.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

Mood

Same I am not a fan of any college I look on the outside of each team. Maybe you should do the same like Shags said Cali wont let him come back. It won't matter with the Harrison kids and the recruiting class next year it shouldn't matter. Don't worry your team will be fine next year.

I would be surprised if Wiltjer makes it he si a really bad basketball player outside of shooting and even that he is pretty streaky.

Mood

Ben McLemore has the best form I have ever seen. I just love that kids shooting stroke and his handle is getting better by the game. He now looks good going left early in the season that wasn't the case. I would probably take him #1 if the draft was tomorrow.

Then his defensive game is only matched by a guy like Oladipo. Dude is gonna be a stud at the next level bounce with a jumper and handle and IQ hard to stop that.

Mood

Noel may of just blown his knee out couldn't walk at all looked nasty. So maybe JT is gonna end up right maybe. I really hope it isnt the case it would be a shame an injury cost him a top 3 pick. But his best asset is his mobility so it would be so sad if he tore his knee up.

Mood

https://o.twimg.com/1/proxy.jpg?t=FQ...xiTGa6fjgLXmBM

Knee's aren't suppose to bend like that his whole knee might be blown. that makes me want to puke. I feel so bad for that kid he played his *** off this year. I just feel so bad.

After Noel's injury and Rotnei Clarke's injury maybe they should think about getting rid of those supports so close to the court.

Nerlens and Drummond might be different types of physical specimens, but honestly Noel was (is until last night probably) the much better athlete. He could have put on some muscle and been a much bigger force. I don't think there's any doubt he would have been 1 until last night happened.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

How has Ray McCallum Jr. progressed? Detroit and the Horizon League is as invisible as you can get, but it seemed to me a couple of years go when I saw him play that he had some very nice tools for a PG, though perhaps too much of a score-first mentality. Will he be a second rounder?
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    How has Ray McCallum Jr. progressed? Detroit and the Horizon League is as invisible as you can get, but it seemed to me a couple of years go when I saw him play that he had some very nice tools for a PG, though perhaps too much of a score-first mentality. Will he be a second rounder?
    He is still one of my favorite players in the class. In fact he and his "Gerald Green like team mate are two of my favorite guy to watch.

It's funny you mentioned him he was a monster in the game last night and I just watched it like twenty minutes ago. His shot selection is improving, Love his rebounding and overall floor game he plays "Pacer" Basketball I would strongly consider him as a late 1 early 2nd. Might not be ready right away but I think will become a really good backup player. He would be a good backup on a cheap contract. I have has him as a sleeper since watching him last year for Detroit and I would really like him in BnG. He is kind of like a poor mans Marcus Smart he jut does everything out there on the court for his team. His shooting must improve though IMO if he wants to be a complete player in the league. I really like his defense though it's so improved from last year and his floor game is a lot better. I really love his game. By no means is his defense at an elite level like Marcus Smart (Marcus's defense this year has been beyond insane. But the leadership quality and game you can see the similarities in terms of what they do for their team.

Doug Anderson has CRAZY BOUNCE. Just sucks he isnt that good of a basketball player. I hope we invite him to summer league he is a senior. He would make watching SL 10X better LOL.

EDIT: anyone who hasn't seen his tape yet here is the game last night....... http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/id/758545/

Tbird was dead on when he said Orlando Johnson played "Pacer Basketball" i didnt make that connection with OJ(I believe Tbird went as much to say there was more than a 50% chance OJ would be a Pacer props to him). I believe Ray is the same way I think there is a good chance we target him.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 02-13-2013 at 02:10 PM.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

I remember watching Little Ray be the ball boy at Ball St games growing up. I was so jealous.