Page 8 of 65 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not a big Thomas guy, he is lazy. Maybe our team could light a fire under his butt, but he's really lazy.
    I don't think he is lazy he just isn't physically gifted as most, really bad laterally. He would be a really solid 2nd rd pick IMO, he is a guy I look at and see the flaws but I think he can play a role on a NBA team. He just knows how to put the ball in the hoop.

Kind of like Greg Smith when he was at Fresno he looked lazy at first glance , but he grew on me after watching him more because I saw what he could do for an NBA team and not what he couldn't do,

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    but a private workout wouldn't tell me anything, i'm sure he will look great in a private workout. I want to see how he has improved playing 5v5 that was where he sucked as a freshman.

I like Thomas too as a bench scorer at the 3/4.
    Yeah, I guess by private I meant team, they need to see how he can control an offense, make open shots and draw defenders an get it to a man while he is open, he has always been quick an a flashy passer, but I think he struggled in a lot of areas last year, so he will get to play some this year, I forgot that his suspension is not all season long so that could also help or hurt him.
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

But for me MCW just cant do the things Smart can. It's like a 5 tool baseball player(Marcus Smart) compared to just a contact hitter( MCW).

Marcus literally does everything really well on the court a great passer defender steals, blocks, rebounds good offensive player ect. That is why I compare him to Rondo in the sense he does everything on the court. His defense is really really good and MCW is just a one trick pony for me. Plus his jump shot isn't broke it isn't going in as much as it should but his mechanics are good and will improve.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 01-11-2013 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    Interesting guy that I saw listed late in the mock is Deshaun Thomas, I may be in the minority, but I like him better than the guy from MSU last year, and if you can get him as a role player that late in the 2nd I would take that in a heartbeat, he has slimmed down some, and seemed to be hitting his 3 consistently. He would probably always be a bench guy due to his size and quickness, but he can score and knows how to put himself in position to grab boards.

But I will echo what you are saying it is still early and I can see their draft board changing a ton.
    He was very impressive vs. Purdue, shooting off the dribble, off the catch-and-shoot, in traffic, with a much-improved quicker release IMO, and getting to loose balls and rebounds.

I think he will be a good very early 2nd round pick, but who knows- he could sneak into the late 1st. It will be interesting how he fares in upcoming games vs. Michigan and IU. I think he has worked on his conditioning, footwork, shot mechanics, and may be an NBA bench contributor. Similarities? Maybe Morris Peterson?
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 01-11-2013 at 03:47 PM.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Mood

My new capture card came in today and the editing software on it is much easier than my old one. I should be able to have a Marcus Smart mix done in a short period. School starts Monday, I don't know how soon, but the new software is amazing will cut my editing time by a lot especially for full games. I can do voice over now too, don't know if I will but nice option to have for sure.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If we don't want to draft a PG in the first round, Louisville point Payton Siva could be there in the second round
    "We want Miami"

Miami in the process of destroying #1 Duke. Miami center looks interesting as second rounder. Miami up 24 in the second.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Kenny Kadji
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    Kenny Kadji
    He isnt their center more a stretch 4 when healthy, Reggie Johnson(another NBA spect) is their center but he is out I believe. I don't like Kadji dude is like 28(exaggeration) he is older than Plumlee I believe and bad NBA body and pretty soft. I dont see him as a real good NBA prospect

With that said I haven't been able to watch hoops in a few weeks with all my school. This morning I watched a few games but time is limited really sucks.

He isnt their center more a stretch 4 when healthy, Reggie Johnson(another NBA spect) is their center but he is out I believe. I don't like Kadji dude is like 28(exaggeration) he is older than Plumlee I believe and bad NBA body and pretty soft. I dont see him as a real good NBA prospect

With that said I haven't been able to watch hoops in a few weeks with all my school. This morning I watched a few games but time is limited really sucks.
    Kadji put on quite a show last night. I am not concerned about the age as the Pacers don't need real young players necessarily.
    Considering where the Pacers will draft AJ Matthews,Kadji and Oladipo are what they will have to look at.
    I really like McDermott as a scorer for the Pacers but he is playing his way to a higher pick than where the Pacers will be at.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Oladipo will be off the board before the Pacers pick I think. Unless he or the Pacers severely falls off to end their seasons.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Oladipo will be off the board before the Pacers pick I think. Unless he or the Pacers severely falls off to end their seasons.
    I agree he may rise higher than even most expected I could see him having a Johnny Flynn Dion Watiers level of jump. I know one thing for sure I think Victor is a much better prospect than Waiters but I really didnt like Waiters for the NBA.

I like Aaron Afflalo as a NBA comp may even be a better ball handler. I hate giving out NBA comps because I see him a lot different than AA but he is probably the best guy I can think of as an NBA comp.

McDermott is gonna have trouble at the NBA level he will be able to shoot but I feel he is really gonna have a hard time in certain areas of the game.

I agree with Dakich we need a pg who can guard quicks. DC as much as he struggle with all other types of pgs he was a good defender versus the small quick guys. I dont know if we address that in the draft or what but come playoff time we need a guy who can guard quicks Hill cant and DJ cant guard anyone.

I think anyone we draft in this class is going to be a project guy not a rotation guy year one. I mean as much as I like LeBryan Nash and Tony Mitchell for our team I dont see them as NBA ready rookies.

I think we draft an mid to high upside project in the first maybe even a euro and take a low upside NBA ready guy in the 2nd like an Erick Green or Richard Howell(has that one NBA skill rebounding) or even a Deshuan Thomas someone like that.

I agree with Dakich we need a pg who can guard quicks. DC as much as he struggle with all other types of pgs he was a good defender versus the small quick guys. I dont know if we address that in the draft or what but come playoff time we need a guy who can guard quicks Hill cant and DJ cant guard anyone.

I think anyone we draft in this class is going to be a project guy not a rotation guy year one. I mean as much as I like LeBryan Nash and Tony Mitchell for our team I dont see them as NBA ready rookies.
    The best, quickest point guards in the game, no one can really guard. No point in drafting for that.

Nash I saw a couple of games, seems to have a really bad, "over it" attitude.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    The best, quickest point guards in the game, no one can really guard. No point in drafting for that.

Nash I saw a couple of games, seems to have a really bad, "over it" attitude.
    they can be contained for sure we don't have anyone to guard the likes of J.J Barea and Ty Lawson for example and that will get really exposed in the playoffs.

Nash is still learning the game his shot selection and decsion making is never going to be great. I think Fran F shed a lot of light on why that is the case. Fran said he has people in his ear telling him he is an NBA SG and that is really bad advice. He is a 3,4 who can be a really great mid post player at the NBA now if he doesn't believe that is his game I would be weary I hope for his sake he will change. But that is the reason he isn't a lottery pick currently IMO.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

they can be contained for sure we don't have anyone to guard the likes of J.J Barea and Ty Lawson for example and that will get really exposed in the playoffs.
    Shouldn't get that exposed unless we play OKC in the finals. The east won't have speedy pg in the playoffs like Barea, Lawson, Collison and Lillard. We can deal with Rondo's speed and Nelson probably won't be in the playoffs.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Mood

Marshall Henderson is everything thats wrong with basketball IMO. Reminds me so much of Duke last year watching Rivers destroy that team.

I just hate the style of ball that kid plays actually thinking about turning the game off I just hate it. Noel is really growing on me you can tell he is taking to coaching he is a lot more polished than he was early this year. Archie to me is like Will Barton will be a solid NBA player just a major project who would be worth the risk if he falls to us. The other UK players I have no interest in outside of WCS.

Marshall Henderson is everything thats wrong with basketball IMO. Reminds me so much of Duke last year watching Rivers destroy that team.

I just hate the style of ball that kid plays actually thinking about turning the game off I just hate it. Noel is really growing on me you can tell he is taking to coaching he is a lot more polished than he was early this year. Archie to me is like Will Barton will be a solid NBA player just a major project who would be worth the risk if he falls to us. The other UK players I have no interest in outside of WCS.
    Not to mention, he's cerifiably insane.

Glenn Robinson III then trade Granger for a point guard or power forward.
    I'm a Beast

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by PaulGeorge View Post
    Glenn Robinson III then trade Granger for a point guard or power forward.
    No point in trading Granger especially if your plan to replace him is a rookie who wont be NBA ready day 1 IMO. He is a really good athlete with a solid foundation to be a really good player in the future but he really needs to learn the game more and do more of the little things. He will infuriate many coaches IMO misses rotations and just basic stuff. It's correctable but I hope he goes back to Michigan he needs it. I'm not a big fan if he came out I would probably pass very bad defender bad motor ect. currently and the upside isn't worth the reward imo. I'd take Hardaway over him.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 02-02-2013 at 11:28 PM.

nbadraft.net has Victor Oladipo as a second rounder. I'm not an IU homer, but Oliadipo resembles a first rounder. One could make a serious argument that he, not Zeller, is IU's best player. He reminds me, strictly basketball wise, of Ron Artest. Very good defensively, and an outstanding finisher around the rim. His jump shot isn't pretty, but it goes still goes in more often than you would think.
    David "And One" West

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    nbadraft.net has Victor Oladipo as a second rounder. I'm not an IU homer, but Oliadipo resembles a first rounder. One could make a serious argument that he, not Zeller, is IU's best player. He reminds me, strictly basketball wise, of Ron Artest. Very good defensively, and an outstanding finisher around the rim. His jump shot isn't pretty, but it goes still goes in more often than you would think.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...siers/1868619/

I don't think he'll be a second rounder. I'm really impressed with his game. He's offers all the physicality and athleticism that the NBA requires and he can handle the ball. No reason he can't contribute at the NBA level. Even if he's only a defensive presence off the bench. He absolutely has NBA level talent.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:

Hate linking to Kravitz. but meh.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

Mood

getting caught up on some tape after class have watched 3 Baylor games today. My god Isiah Austin rebounds out of area like an elite rebounder. I didn't realize he was such a good rebounder until today. He is unique I would think he will be a perfect fit for a team like the Wizards or someone like that John Wall and him would be a good match. Pierre Jackson holds him back quite a bit IMO.

Mood

I have Victor in the class of fringe top 5 picks right now. I think he is a much better prospects than Waiters last year and I would be comfortable taking him in that range pretty easily. I see him having a Westbrook type rise ib the draft process and really he has a lot of traits that Westbrook had that caused him to rise. Word is that OKC fell in love with the work ethic just like Vic. I have Smart, Burke all in that range currently. Ben McLemore and Victor are probably my favorite guys in this class.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Trey Burke is so much like DJ Augustine from Texas, It's absolutely scary. DJ was a better shooter and ball handler tho.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."