Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread

Give me Marcus Smart all day for us
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hypnotiq For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Give me Marcus Smart all day for us
    Only way the Pacers get him is if they start losing more games. He'll probably be a late lottery pick. I'd love to have this kid in a Pacers uni.

If not, then Pierre Jackson in the 2nd would be fantastic too.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I like Michael Carter-Williams a lot right now(I love this kids upside could be a star depending on how he progresses easily the best passer in the draft. He just needs more reps and work some kinks out) same with BJ Young. They are different type of players but both would really fill a need on this Pacer team.

Jamaal Franklin was the best player on the court vs UCLA the other night. Don't like his game though just something about him I don't like cant put my finger on it probably the shot selection. I do like how he hits the glass though but our wings already do that really well.
    I am anxious to see how Tony Mitchell has improved about to watch my first North Texas game of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    I like Michael Carter-Williams a lot right now(I love this kids upside could be a star depending on how he progresses easily the best passer in the draft. He just needs more reps and work some kinks out) same with BJ Young. They are different type of players but both would really fill a need on this Pacer team.
    I like MCW too. Him and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope from UGA are the 2-guards that I'm keeping my eye on.

I'm also very intrigued by Rudy Gobert from France. Needs to get stronger, but he has some pretty sick length and athleticism for a 7'1" center and the defensive potential is outstanding.
    Last edited by Doddage; 12-03-2012 at 05:07 PM.

assuming PG gets back... Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

no clue who the hell he is but apparently the Pacers and a few other teams have been scouting this D3 kid AJ Matthews in person

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-...65--ncaab.html

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

They should take a look at Trey Burke and Gary Harris. They should be available if we have a late first round draft pick. They can both be stars in the NBA
    Smothered Chicken!

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    no clue who the hell he is but apparently the Pacers and a few other teams have been scouting this D3 kid AJ Matthews in person

From where the Pacers will be drafting next June he should be on their list. Take him on his potential. He moves
    like DD.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    They should take a look at Trey Burke and Gary Harris. They should be available if we have a late first round draft pick. They can both be stars in the NBA
    Burke will go top15, If Harris is not top15 then he should go back to school because with time he will be. Also has Harris got his shot to be more consistent, I don't think he should come out until that happens, and if not I don't think he would be a good fit for the Pacers, especially looking at all the inconsistency we have had this year with this group.
    Why so SERIOUS

Sports Logo

Interesting.

Pacers should definitely take a flyer in the 2nd round. Then get another 2nd round pick and take Pierre Jackson.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

Mood

I am so disappointed in Tony Mitchell loved the kid last year would of drafted him in the top 10 easy. With the new offense and coach he just doesn't seem the same and isnt playing as smart as he did last year. Really puzzling gives me red flags but I would take a flyer on him still.

Also watching UCLA is why I hate AAU that is the style they play its really frustrating. I wish AAU was outlawed it's killing the game I know it wont happen but it really is killing the game.

Anyone have a request for a mix??? I have decided I will do a mix for several players like I did after we drafted OJ. Just give me a request and will do one if the majority agrees.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

I am so disappointed in Tony Mitchell loved the kid last year would of drafted him in the top 10 easy. With the new offense and coach he just doesn't seem the same and isnt playing as smart as he did last year. Really puzzling gives me red flags but I would take a flyer on him still.

Also watching UCLA is why I hate AAU that is the style they play its really frustrating. I wish AAU was outlawed it's killing the game I know it wont happen but it really is killing the game.

Anyone have a request for a mix??? I have decided I will do a mix for several players like I did after we drafted OJ. Just give me a request and will do one if the majority agrees.
    Marcus smart plz
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Hypnotiq For This Useful Post:

I would like Tony Mitchell...

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Dgreenwell3 For This Useful Post:

I am very curious about Doug McDermott. A sf averaging 26pts a game so far this year shooting 54% from 3 and 2 point range.
    Last year he shot 60% from 2pt range and 47% from 3. With Danny's health questionable the Pacers would do well to have a
    Replacement in mind. Players that shoot with that percentage are rare. If he could take that to the NBA it sure helps Roys game.
    The Pacers absolutely need more offense. If his defense is average with all the other good defenders the Pacers have he woul be a good addition.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

I am curious to see what he does as the season progresses.
    AJ Matthews would be very interesting for the Pacers. I suspect he would rebound very well for the Pacers.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

20. The Following User Says Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

Oladipo would be a good second round player to take if he came out this year. Physically talented and agressive going to the hoop.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

22. The Following User Says Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

Draftexpress has a really good write up and video evaluation. He does all the things the Pacers do not do well.
    Spaces the floor, moves constantly, shoots extremely well, and has a high bball IQ. He would be a fine addition.
    With Grangers questionable health he would definitely help the team concept. Average defender. That can be masked.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    I am very curious about Doug McDermott. A sf averaging 26pts a game so far this year shooting 54% from 3 and 2 point range.
    Last year he shot 60% from 2pt range and 47% from 3. With Danny's health questionable the Pacers would do well to have a
    Replacement in mind. Players that shoot with that percentage are rare. If he could take that to the NBA it sure helps Roys game.
    The Pacers absolutely need more offense. If his defense is average with all the other good defenders the Pacers have he woul be a good addition.
    meh if we are looking for a scorer I would much rather go with senior Erik Green dude is just what this team needs. He fits the mold of what the Pacers want in a pg and fits the scorer mold. He gets to the line at will which is something we need he can get you 10pts in a blink of an eye. Doug will play in the NBA because the kid can stroke it but he will be really limited IMO. I need to study him more but I don't see him guarding 3s in the NBA. Also I don't see his post game transferring versus NBA length.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 12-09-2012 at 04:19 PM.

Mood

Also watching Smart reminds me so much of watching Rondo at UK. Kid does everything on the floor and smart as they come doesn't play like a freshmen. Love how he looks for the contact real physical player he wears his opponents down. His talents would be wasted in our system. He needs freedom at the next level. However he would fit in our power post type of game he is solid in the post. He and Nash are both great post players for Ok St.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 12-09-2012 at 04:22 PM.

Also watching Smart reminds me so much of watching Rondo at UK. Kid does everything on the floor and smart as they come doesn't play like a freshmen. Love how he looks for the contact real physical player he wears his opponents down. His talents would be wasted in our system. He needs freedom at the next level. However he would fit in our power post type of game he is solid in the post. He and Nash are both great post players for Ok St.

Unfortunately Smart is highly unlikely to be available anywhere close to where the Pacers would pick.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

meh if we are looking for a scorer I would much rather go with senior Erik Green dude is just what this team needs. He fits the mold of what the Pacers want in a pg and fits the scorer mold. He gets to the line at will which is something we need he can get you 10pts in a blink of an eye. Doug will play in the NBA because the kid can stroke it but he will be really limited IMO. I need to study him more but I don't see him guarding 3s in the NBA. Also I don't see his post game transferring versus NBA length.
    I like the free throws. Can he do that in the NBA? Can he break down defenses and can he defend? We do have a healthy point.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    Unfortunately Smart is highly unlikely to be available anywhere close to where the Pacers would pick.
    I realize that but I watch every prospect I can no matter how high or low they are projected. I love watching scouting and then in a few years being able to say I was right or wrong about a kid. Then trying to get better at it and learning from the mistakes I make evaluating. Plus you never know with the draft who would of thought Granger would drop to the Pacers? Plus we could trade up anything can happen. Like I said his talent would be wasted in our system hope he goes to a team that lets him be him. He is a triple double waiting to happen he does everything really well.

EDIT: Also way to early to call anyone a lock for a spot he could blow his knee out tomorrow and drop a bit. Really anything can happen lots of ball left to play before the season is over lots of stock will change from now and draft night.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 12-12-2012 at 06:33 PM.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

owl

Mood

I could get on board with LeBryan Nash his versatility would really make our 2nd unit better. I would probably plug him in as the backup 4 from day one. I think he can play both the 3/4 at the NBA level but he really intrigues me as a face up 4. His handle would give us so many options offensively I really love his power post game. He would fit what we do.

UCLA reminds me of UCONN last season. Too much blue chip talent with no coach to control it.

Shabazz might float through this season without ever showing what he can really do.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

In his last game McDermott was 4-7 from 2 and 6-8 from 3 with 4-5 free thows for 30 points and 6 rebounds.
    Shooting 55% from 2 and 52% from 3 for the year.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-