Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Pacers Digest Background Check

Default Re: Pacers Digest Background Check

Olblu we have 2 things in common, our age and I too was a Big Johnny U. fan.
    Good is the enemy of Great

We're changing the identity of our basketball team -- dramatically. We're a power post team -- a blood-and-guts, old-school, smash-mouth team that plays with size, strength, speed and athleticism. We attack the basket. . . . This is the new identity of our team. It was a great effort. I'm very proud of our guys."
    -- Frank Vogel.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

After reading many of these stories, I have to admit how lucky I feel never to have experienced some of the devastating injuries I've seen described here.

There but for the grace of God go I.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Train For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by A-Train View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    After reading many of these stories, I have to admit how lucky I feel never to have experienced some of the devastating injuries I've seen described here.

Amen

5. The Following User Says Thank You to *astrisk* For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Played from Elementary School through High School. Basketball Career ended when I sprained my ankle (and coincidentally tore some ankle ligaments) during a practice for a church league and let out a GFD. Knew that was a sign to hang it up, heh.

Now I'm the reigning Poolside Basketball Champion. My swimming pool J is lethal.

Banned

I used to play basketball in high school and still play pickup BB once in a while, I'm the kind of guy that can play anything and be decent to good at it, I can play baseball, Soccer, basketball, tennis, volleyball, anything but rollerblades, skate boards or anything related to that I wish I could play sports every day but at 30 years of age I'm starting to get hurt more often, making it hard for me to play anything, at this moment I have this freaking bottom abdominal muscle tear that hurts all times

Started playing B-ball late in life compared to most (6th grade PE class). Never played high school ball. Just pick up games after school. Then I started playing intramural ball in college. Usually put the teams together, scrapping together whatever talent I could find in the dorms. Finally won an intramural championship in grad school. That was 21 years ago. Am still in academia, and the kids call me "Old School," but I'm still putting quality teams together and playing intramurals at IUPUI, where I hope to set a Guinness World Record for longest drought between intramural championships. And I still love playing in the 3-on-3 Hoop It Up tournaments every year. People often think that I'm the father of some of my teammates, but that comes with the territory at my age. If healthy, I plan on playing as long as people are willing to play with me!

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I used to play basketball in high school and still play pickup BB once in a while, I'm the kind of guy that can play anything and be decent to good at it, I can play baseball, Soccer, basketball, tennis, volleyball, anything but rollerblades, skate boards or anything related to that(

we are not going to get over the top with posters that are just "decent to good" ... we need superstars ... the lakers message board has posters that are "great to excellent" at all kinds of sports PLUS they can rollerblade really well...why isn't Hicks willing to acquire these elite level posters for us to discuss Pacers with?

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    we are not going to get over the top with posters that are just "decent to good" ... we need superstars ... the lakers message board has posters that are "great to excellent" at all kinds of sports PLUS they can rollerblade really well...why isn't Hicks willing to acquire these elite level posters for us to discuss Pacers with?
    Good one

Quote Originally Posted by A-Train View Post

I have a ankle I cannot put weight on due to basketball and track. The scar tissue and bone fragments have left me with pain when I walk and no ability to run. If I play basketball now I can literally not walk for around a week.

Being self employed has some major drawbacks. I had one surgery already which left me worse off then when I went in. Now I need my ankle scoped without having the 10-15k it costs for the procedure.

Its amazing how much coaches teach kids to play through pain and injuries. The guilt to win from high school coaches can often times have expensive long term effects.
    Last edited by dohman; 07-11-2012 at 01:12 AM.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Isn't it amazing how much better we used to play the older we get?
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post

I can still play better now than in JR High. Hmm, I guess that pretty much says I wasn't very good. LOL!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    My mom says I'm a pretty big f***'n deal... And I was recruited by somebody on this forum to come to Pacers Digest from ESPN... Whoever is ToneZone... speed?

I don't like basketball.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    That's because at your age, you can't remember past yesterday.
    I would rather be the hammer than the nail