View Poll Results: What remaining "role position" should the Pacers fill, if they pick up Mayo or Lee? (or, w

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • scoring wing to play alongside Mayo/Lee

    3 5.77%
  • big man to back-up West and Hibbert

    35 67.31%
  • passing/facilitating point guard to distribute to bench scorers

    11 21.15%
  • Other (post your comment below)

    3 5.77%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 37

Thread: Besides Mayo/Lee, who else do you want the Pacers pick up? (read post before poll)

  1. #1
    #RiseOfTheKing imbtyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nashville, IN
    Posts
    1,630
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Besides Mayo/Lee, who else do you want the Pacers pick up? (read post before poll)

    The big question is this:
    If we get a combo guard in Mayo or Lee, what position do we look to upgrade with ANY remaining cash?
    1. scoring wing to play alongside Mayo/Lee
    2. big man to back-up West and Hibbert
    3. passing/facilitating point guard to distribute to bench scorers
    4. Other (post your own answer)


    While most people are pining over OJ Mayo and Courtney Lee as our back-up shooting guard to add to the line-up, I'm busy looking for other small pieces we could pick up to finish rounding out the roster. Obviously (as I mention constantly), this includes Gerald Green, who I think would be a great scoring threat at the 3, alongside either of Mayo or Lee. He played 25.2 mpg in 31 games for the Nets, got 12.9 ppg at 48% from the field, 39% from 3 (around 49% in games where he made at least one 3 [20 games out of 31]). He's more than "just a dunker", and has matured severely in his ~3 years overseas. His attitude isn't something to be worried about anymore. Just putting everyone on the same level of understanding as I am.

    Besides Green (whose campaign I will support severely), there are other free agents (and other tradable players) who are still available who could provide role minutes off the bench. The following players are still on the block (but not necessarily players I want us to pick up, just a list of availables):
    • Patty Mills (the Aussie formerly of Portland)
    • DeJuan Blair
    • Greg Stiemsma
    • Jerryd Bayless (basically DC, but I like Bayless more)
    • CJ Miles
    • Boris Diaw
    • Josh Howard
    • Shannon Brown
    • Jonny Flynn
    • Michael Redd
    • Lou Williams
    • Terrence Williams
    • Carl Landry (heard a lot of praise from other Pacers fans, but not too fixed on him personally)
    • Aaron Brooks
    • Ramon Sessions? (is he still available? He can make plays, which is something we could use. Also, will he come off the bench?)
    • Marreese Speights
    • Jordan Hill
    • Carlos Delfino (apparently, the Pacers had a meeting, and showed "significant interest?" in him about a week ago)
    • JJ Hickson
    • Anthony Tolliver
    • Anthony Randolph (is he still avilable?)
    • Robin Lopez (RFA)
    • Baron Davis (loves to pass, would be a good veteran presence off the bench. But who knows if he comes back from this injury)
    • Kyrylo Fesenko (wouldn't hurt to re-sign him for cheap)
    • DJ Augustin (did he get re-signed?)
    • Greg Oden
    • Antawn Jamison
    • Chris Kaman
    • WAY MORE


    As well as some of our Summer League guys:

    • Jarrid Famous
    • Matt Rogers
    • Ben Hansbrough
    • Reggie Hamilton
    • Matt Janning
    • Tyren Johnson
    • Chris Kramer
    • Hamady Ndiaye
    • Robert Vaden


    Not sure who else could be listed, but these are the ones I gathered who are still available. Seeing as how we need a more presence in the post, I would consider JJ Hickson, Anthony Randolph, Marreese Speights, Jordan Hill, Oden, and/or Robin Lopez (though he's a RFA). That's just a personal selection of big men who may be available to sign on short/low risk terms. Besides them, I'd like to see any of our Summer League guys earning a spot on the official, but I'm not going to hold my breath; if there was any chance of them making the team, they would have done so since last year's "Fan Jam" and preseason.

    Let me know who you're interested in. There is a lot of talent available, who could be role players for cheap. That's definitely something we could use if all we end up with is Mayo or Lee (or neither, for that matter).
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.



  2. #2
    Member Grangerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lorain, Ohio
    Posts
    87
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Besides Mayo/Lee, who else do you want the Pacers pick up? (read post before poll)

    lets sign Kaman or Brand for 2nd unit

  3. #3
    Star Platinum Hypnotiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,939

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Besides Mayo/Lee, who else do you want the Pacers pick up? (read post before poll)

    Delfino we need shooters and we need a backup for Danny

  4. #4
    Member pacers74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Plainfield
    Posts
    2,284

    Default Re: Besides Mayo/Lee, who else do you want the Pacers pick up? (read post before poll)

    JJ Hickson, or Jordan Hill. But they are probably over priced.

  5. #5
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Greenfield, IN
    Posts
    3,221
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Besides Mayo/Lee, who else do you want the Pacers pick up? (read post before poll)

    Jarrid Famous or Stanko. Otherwise a PG.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Attending the University of Louisville in August!
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  6. #6
    Danny Granger PowerRanger DGPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Whiteland, IN
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,950

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Besides Mayo/Lee, who else do you want the Pacers pick up? (read post before poll)

    I'd like Bayless to back up Hill and Jordan Hill would be a nice backup to West
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to DGPR For This Useful Post:


  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,586

    Default Re: Besides Mayo/Lee, who else do you want the Pacers pick up? (read post before poll)

    Third big is easily the biggest hole on the team. Not backup two guard. Not even point guard. We have a late pick rookie and a guy that had a terrible year last year competing for the right to play about 24mpg.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ozwalt72 For This Useful Post:


  10. #8

    Default Re: Besides Mayo/Lee, who else do you want the Pacers pick up? (read post before poll)

    Gerald Green, camby and mills
    "Did we learn anything?"-Jonathan Ames

    "No, but thats okay, It's a good thing to stay in the dark about things - it keeps life more interesting."- George Christopher


  11. The Following User Says Thank You to BornReady#6 For This Useful Post:


  12. #9
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    4,969

    Default Re: Besides Mayo/Lee, who else do you want the Pacers pick up? (read post before poll)

    Pick up Bayless, Delonte West or trade for Reggie Jackson (Reggie is my #1 option!).

    Trade DC, DJ and Hans (Trade Lance if the Pacers pick up another SG).

    Pick up a backup SF (Gerald Green, Royce White (cause I'm full of optimism and sunshine), or Corey Brewer)

    Pick up a PF (Don't have any ideas since I think Hickson and Randolph are off the market, but making a trade with Houston makes sense) Please dear God, don't allow the Pacers to go into the season with Hans and Plumlee as the main backups. Hans should be a 3PF, or better yet, traded.
    Last edited by Sparhawk; 07-09-2012 at 09:26 PM. Reason: more detail
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  13. #10
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,627

    Default Re: Besides Mayo/Lee, who else do you want the Pacers pick up? (read post before poll)

    Quote Originally Posted by BornReady#6 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gerald Green, camby and mills
    Gerald Green has had a lot of immaturity issues in the past and Camby has already signed with NY
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  14. #11
    Member Handoverfist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    117

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Besides Mayo/Lee, who else do you want the Pacers pick up? (read post before poll)

    Dejuan Blair or Carl Landry

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Handoverfist For This Useful Post:


  16. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,580

    Default Re: Besides Mayo/Lee, who else do you want the Pacers pick up? (read post before poll)

    I'd love to make a deal to get Robin Lopez but the Suns are as thin up front as we are.

    A rotation of Hibbert, West & Lopez would be very solid.

    It was nice to see Green finally get his act together last season. He would be an outstanding backup.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Jose Slaughter For This Useful Post:


  18. #13

    Default Re: Besides Mayo/Lee, who else do you want the Pacers pick up? (read post before poll)

    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gerald Green has had a lot of immaturity issues in the past and Camby has already signed with NY
    he has actually grown up a lot

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:


  20. #14
    Boom Baby! QuickRelease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,642

    Default Re: Besides Mayo/Lee, who else do you want the Pacers pick up? (read post before poll)

    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gerald Green has had a lot of immaturity issues in the past and Camby has already signed with NY
    He had a really good year last year. His time away from the NBA seems to have really matured him.

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QuickRelease For This Useful Post:


  22. #15
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: Besides Mayo/Lee, who else do you want the Pacers pick up? (read post before poll)

    Quote Originally Posted by Handoverfist View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dejuan Blair or Carl Landry
    I'd see if I could get either of these two in a trade/sign-and-trade for Tyler.

  23. #16
    Member BornReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,593

    Default Re: Besides Mayo/Lee, who else do you want the Pacers pick up? (read post before poll)

    Bayless and Brand!

  24. #17
    Member Derek2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    1,576
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Besides Mayo/Lee, who else do you want the Pacers pick up? (read post before poll)

    Blair all day. I love the rotation of Hill/DC/Danny/Paul/Mayo-Lee/Dahntay.

    Hibbert/West/Tyler/Pendy/Plumlee? *shudder* Throw Blair or another hard working, efficient big in there and you're starting to look real nice.

  25. #18
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,716

    Default Re: Besides Mayo/Lee, who else do you want the Pacers pick up? (read post before poll)

    I'd rather go big and pick up Brand, if possible. Then try to trade Collison/Hans for a scoring wing.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  27. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Besides Mayo/Lee, who else do you want the Pacers pick up? (read post before poll)

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd rather go big and pick up Humpries if possible. Then try to trade Collison/Hans for a scoring wing.
    I agree with your thinking but disagree with the player

  28. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    naptown
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,657
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Besides Mayo/Lee, who else do you want the Pacers pick up? (read post before poll)

    Scott Machado for the min over a 3 year deal mostly unguaranteed like the one the Cavs sign Kevin Jones to. (I would guarantee it if it was the sweeter he needed to sign with us)

    I still think he has starters upside and can be a great backup in the interim if he receives the proper coaching.

    and then add whoever "the market has dried up for" to a team friendly deal at wing and big.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 07-10-2012 at 12:11 AM.

  29. #21
    #RiseOfTheKing imbtyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nashville, IN
    Posts
    1,630
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Besides Mayo/Lee, who else do you want the Pacers pick up? (read post before poll)

    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gerald Green has had a lot of immaturity issues in the past and Camby has already signed with NY
    Nooo. See below.

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    he has actually grown up a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He had a really good year last year. His time away from the NBA seems to have really matured him.
    These are true. Green grew up a lot when he realized he wasn't "too cool for the NBA", got shipped overseas, and learned to play like a man, instead of a boy. As much as I'd hate to see it happen this way, I'd love for Brooklyn to lose Green's respect, either by trading him off for Dwight, or not signing him, or whatever. Then we can pick up the pieces. I fear he'd pick the Bulls (or whoever) over us. But he's a lot more mature than people give him credit for these days. He could totally be a high-volume scorer off the bench, and potentially earn more minutes than Mayo/Lee.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.



  30. #22
    #RiseOfTheKing imbtyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nashville, IN
    Posts
    1,630
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Besides Mayo/Lee, who else do you want the Pacers pick up? (read post before poll)

    For those selecting "back-up big man" as their choice, I have this to say: we currently have West, Hibbert, Pendergraph, Hansbrough, and Plumlee under contract. If Pendergraph comes out and performs like we need him to, he'll be the perfect replacement for Hansbrough, and we won't have to upgrade. However, Dahntay Jones is not (or won't be) the back-up we need behind Granger and Paul. I'm not saying it's a guarantee, but we should put a little more faith in New Jeff than we did before. Or look at Plumlee to play all the backup 4/5 minutes available (weird). As far as a facilitating point guard goes, I like Patty Mills, but he's more undersized than DC, and I'm not sure how he distributes. I'd like to see Augustin and Sessions, if they kept the passing roles. And I would easily take Jerryd Bayless over DC any day.

    Hopefully, though, we can package Tyler and DC for a non-FA, whose availability we are yet unaware of. I can't wait until things start picking up on Wednesday. I still really, really, really hope we get Mayo or Lee, as well as Green and any of Augustin/Sessions/Bayless. Besides all these guys, my main big men I'd go for are Jordan Hill (will probably get re-signed by LAL), or Robin Lopez (unfortunately a RFA), or just re-sign Lou and Fes. If no one else picks them up (of which there is a good chance), then I would rather have Lou in Hans' spot, and Fes cleaning up the leftover minutes.

    Again, I would hope that Pendergraph shows out better than Hansbrough, though. So an extra big man would be unnecessary.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.



  31. #23
    Plumlee Fan Jeremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    153
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Besides Mayo/Lee, who else do you want the Pacers pick up? (read post before poll)

    I want to keep Ben Hansbrough. I think he would be a solid third point guard. I also would like to get Elton Brand to back up West.

  32. #24
    Member adamscb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Terre Haute
    Age
    22
    Posts
    495

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Besides Mayo/Lee, who else do you want the Pacers pick up? (read post before poll)

    i'm really liking the fact that the pacers are good enough now, we're debating who our backups should be it's nice to be relevant again.

  33. #25
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,603

    Default Re: Besides Mayo/Lee, who else do you want the Pacers pick up? (read post before poll)

    Brand...low salary.
    Mahinmi...low salary.
    Brooks in trade...low salary.
    Corey Brewer in trade for Hans. Almost same salary as Hans. Providing we get Brand or a better backup PF.
    Trade Jones for TPE if Brewer is obtained.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-29-2010, 01:50 AM
  2. Replies: 102
    Last Post: 11-15-2006, 01:25 PM
  3. Post here if you can read this forum
    By Hicks in forum Yahoo! Fantasy League
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-14-2006, 10:05 AM
  4. Did anybody read the Washington Post today
    By Frank Slade in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-13-2005, 10:38 PM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-13-2005, 05:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •