Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 425

Thread: Mike Wells: Pacers matching Roy's offer sheet!

  1. #51
    Enjoying the Show BrownBearCoffee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Age
    28
    Posts
    385
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells: Pacers matching Roy's offer sheet!

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone monitoring Roys twitter account?
    Took a look. Nothing so far.

  2. #52
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,767

    Default Re: Pacers matching Roy's offer sheet!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From all reports, the decision makers weren't nearly as sure.

    Whose reports?

  3. #53
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,299

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers matching Roy's offer sheet!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From all reports, the decision makers weren't nearly as sure.
    Meh. Rain Man could see that there was only one option. Our front office might be stupid, and I think they are quite often, but they would have to be entirely incompetent, on every level, not to match this deal.

    I still don't understand all the handwringing.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  4. #54

  5. #55
    Bring Back Bender bballpacen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,044

    Default Re: Mike Wells: Pacers matching Roy's offer sheet!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It counts against the salary cap regardless.
    I believe that it wont all count this next year, but will still be spread out over the length of the contract...

  6. #56
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,055
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells: Pacers matching Roy's offer sheet!

    Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We're sure this isn't @MikeWelllsNBA or @MikeWellsMBA or something?
    Yeah cause I don't follow that guy...
    Why so SERIOUS

  7. #57
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,272
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    :


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  8. #58
    Enjoying the Show BrownBearCoffee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Age
    28
    Posts
    385
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers matching Roy's offer sheet!

    On another note, this should certainly put to rest the argument that Simon won't spend.

  9. #59

    Default Re: Mike Wells: Pacers matching Roy's offer sheet!

    Good job on not messing up, front office!

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:


  11. #60
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,055
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells: Pacers matching Roy's offer sheet!

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why are people surprised about this news? I expected them to match it all this time.
    I wasn't, I always said the only time I would worry would be if the Pacers offered another big a decent contract, they didn't so I never really worried about it. But many felt he might, when listening to the thoughts of many sports writers who's projections are only a guess. That is why I stopped reading most of the Roy threads, it started to become a headache of sorts.
    Why so SERIOUS

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Really? For This Useful Post:


  13. #61
    Hall of Famers FrenchConnection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,663
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells: Pacers matching Roy's offer sheet!

    Anybody gonna listen to Roy's appearance on Portland radio? Could be interesting.

  14. #62
    Oh What Could Have Been! fwpacerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,097

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells: Pacers matching Roy's offer sheet!

    Isn't it possible that now Roy doesn't sign the Blazers offer? Couldn't the Pacers just agree in principal with Roy to match the terms and then that gives them more flexibility to sign other FA's?
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin

  15. #63
    streets ahead
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    DC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,754

    Default Re: Mike Wells: Pacers matching Roy's offer sheet!

    Noam Schiller
    Totally want the Blazers to turn around and immediately offer Brook Lopez a max deal. Just screw everybody, ya know?
    1:52 PM - 9 Jul 12

  16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to avoidingtheclowns For This Useful Post:


  17. #64
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,036

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells: Pacers matching Roy's offer sheet!

    I'm happy

  18. #65
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,066

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fwpacerfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Isn't it possible that now Roy doesn't sign the Blazers offer? Couldn't the Pacers just agree in principal with Roy to match the terms and then that gives them more flexibility to sign other FA's?
    No.

    He still has to sign portland's offer, and the pacers still have to file a notification to the NBA that they will match it.

    If Roy doesn't sign the offer sheet, Portland will cut all ties with him and indiana will be able to low ball him with whatever contract offer they want.
    Last edited by Kstat; 07-09-2012 at 02:58 PM.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  19. #66
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,299

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells: Pacers matching Roy's offer sheet!

    Quote Originally Posted by fwpacerfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Isn't it possible that now Roy doesn't sign the Blazers offer? Couldn't the Pacers just agree in principal with Roy to match the terms and then that gives them more flexibility to sign other FA's?
    No. Roy is signing the sheet. End of story.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  20. #67

    Default Re: Mike Wells: Pacers matching Roy's offer sheet!

    Can't wait for a "Roy's overpaid!" thread after every bad game

  21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  22. #68
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,533

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells: Pacers matching Roy's offer sheet!

    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchConnection View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anybody gonna listen to Roy's appearance on Portland radio? Could be interesting.
    Listening right now, I am kind of suspicious about it, I mean unless he had something substantial to say why go on and shoot the breeze with a fanbase you'll never play for?

  23. #69
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,616

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells: Pacers matching Roy's offer sheet!

    What I don't get is why the Pacers FO didn't wait to leak this until Saturday.

    Other than really screwing with us here on PD....I am guessing that deciding not to formally announce that Hibbert would be matched....even to Hibbert himself...wouldn't have prevented the Pacers FO from making any other moves or negotiations. The only thing I can think of is keeping Kaman in a holding pattern until Saturday

    As TBird and many of us here have thought.....my preference would have been for the Pacers FO to "hem and haw" for another 6 days and really screw with the one Team that tried to pilfer one of our RFAs.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  24. #70
    Bring Back Bender bballpacen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,044

    Default Re: Mike Wells: Pacers matching Roy's offer sheet!

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't wait for a "Roy's overpaid!" thread after every bad game
    Better than the unaviodable threads saying how we should have matched after every big game Roy had as a Blazer....

  25. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bballpacen For This Useful Post:


  26. #71
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,533

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells: Pacers matching Roy's offer sheet!

    They are just talking about Mike Wells coming on Portland radio, not Hibbert, at least at this point.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:


  28. #72

    Default Re: Mike Wells: Pacers matching Roy's offer sheet!

    Quote Originally Posted by bballpacen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Better than the unaviodable threads saying how we should have matched after every big game Roy had as a Blazer....
    Well that's certainly true

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  30. #73
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,616

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells: Pacers matching Roy's offer sheet!

    Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Listening right now, I am kind of suspicious about it, I mean unless he had something substantial to say why go on and shoot the breeze with a fanbase you'll never play for?
    Cuz Hibbert is still a nice guy and the Blazers fans gets to see what they will miss out on?

    Any PR is good PR
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  32. #74
    Hall of Famers FrenchConnection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,663
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells: Pacers matching Roy's offer sheet!

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What I don't get is why the Pacers FO didn't wait to leak this until Saturday.

    Other than really screwing with us here on PD....I am guessing that deciding not to formally announce that Hibbert would be matched....even to Hibbert himself...wouldn't have prevented the Pacers FO from making any other moves or negotiations. The only thing I can think of is keeping Kaman in a holding pattern until Saturday

    As TBird and many of us here have thought.....my preference would have been for the Pacers FO to "hem and haw" for another 6 days and really screw with the one Team that tried to pilfer one of our RFAs.
    The only thing that I can think of is that Wells' source is Roy himself. It might be a good idea to let him know, just for public relations reasons.

  33. #75
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells: Pacers matching Roy's offer sheet!

    Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They are just talking about Mike Wells coming on Portland radio, not Hibbert, at least at this point.
    listening to 750 the game in Portland Wells is about to be on next segment I listen on my Iphone with the Tune in app.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 104
    Last Post: 07-09-2012, 05:04 PM
  2. Jeremy Lin agrees to offer sheet with the Rockets,
    By BornReady#6 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-06-2012, 04:44 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-10-2010, 05:00 PM
  4. Utecht signs offer sheet with Bengals
    By McClintic Sphere in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-22-2008, 12:09 PM
  5. Baston to Raptors after Pacers nix offer sheet [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-19-2007, 10:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •