Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Results 201 to 218 of 218

Thread: (7/9/2012) IND vs PHI "Orlando Summer League" Official Gamethread

  1. #201
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Posts
    2
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: (7/9/2012) IND vs PHI "Orlando Summer League" Official Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by rel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    pretty refreshing to see 'Orlando Johnson' is trending in Indy right now. Glad to see more hoosiers are paying attention.
    All the bars had this game on in Santa Barbara. Orlando played a good game but still has a lot to improve on. I'm hoping his shot selection improves against OKC tomorrow.

  2. #202
    Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In the Washington DC area
    Posts
    4,302
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: (7/9/2012) IND vs PHI "Orlando Summer League" Official Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by granger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what a pass by Lance!
    I dont want any weekass sg freeagent like mayo. Just give Lance his minutes. Its not we r gona be champhion either way..
    Lance can't shoot from outside. Mayo is very good from deep range and also creates his own shot.

  3. #203
    Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In the Washington DC area
    Posts
    4,302
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: (7/9/2012) IND vs PHI "Orlando Summer League" Official Gamethread

    Think Burke (the strength coach, right?) is coaching so they run fewer sets and more streetball/guard-oriented?

  4. #204
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,628

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: (7/9/2012) IND vs PHI "Orlando Summer League" Official Gamethread

    Lance played with great poise and he was under control. He made several strong drives to the basket actually looking to pass. He could've had 10 assists if his teammates could've made some shots.

    OJ has good scoring ability. He's a good 2nd round prospect. He's sort of a poor mans Barbosa so maybe that's what the Pacers have in mind for him.

    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.

  5. #205
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,837

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: (7/9/2012) IND vs PHI "Orlando Summer League" Official Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lance played with great poise and he was under control. He made several strong drives to the basket actually looking to pass. He could've had 10 assists if his teammates could've made some shots.

    OJ has good scoring ability. He's a good 2nd round prospect. He's sort of a poor mans Barbosa so maybe that's what the Pacers have in mind for him.

    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    Oh my god... do you know what you just did? thats nearly a banable offense around here.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  7. #206
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: (7/9/2012) IND vs PHI "Orlando Summer League" Official Gamethread

    Not reading the thread, I haven't seen the game and I know nothing of the outcome, but it will replay tomorrow morning at 7 for those who might have missed it.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  8. #207
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,931

    Default Re: (7/9/2012) IND vs PHI "Orlando Summer League" Official Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh my god... do you know what you just did? thats nearly a banable offense around here.
    Nearly??

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:


  10. #208
    '12 PD Sunshiner awardee Kemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A-Town , Indiana
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,976

    Default Re: (7/9/2012) IND vs PHI "Orlando Summer League" Official Gamethread

    Wow.. I'm stealing that for my sig
    Last edited by Kemo; 07-10-2012 at 07:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:


  12. #209
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,938

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: (7/9/2012) IND vs PHI "Orlando Summer League" Official Gamethread

    So, I spent most of the game watching Plumlee and here's what I saw.

    Pros:

    1) He sets nice screens. It's refreshing to see that he is a guy who actually tries to set screens and free up the guard instead of rolling to the basket before contact. He also actively tries to set as many screens as possible. When the ball-handler is in his side he'll actively look for him and try to set up a screen.

    2) He seems to know how to pass. He is not a great passer or anything but he can get the job done. He doesn't seem like a black hole.

    3) His jumper seems ok. Yes, he tends to fade away when shooting which in most cases is bad. Yes, his release is strange. But the release seems to synergize well with the fade so the shot that is produced seems good.

    4) He made 75% of his FTs. If he is able to hit them in a 70% clip then I'll be very happy. Of course, the sample size is very small and I need to see more.

    5) He did try to establish good post position in any chance he got.

    Neutral:

    1) His rebounding is a bit weird. He is not always active. He did grab double digit rebounds but sometimes he was content just blocking out and letting his other teammates get the boards. That's not necessarily back but it can backfire.

    Cons:

    1) He is not a good second leaper. When he jumps for a block, he will not recover quickly to grab the board. In fact, most of the times he doesn't even jump for a second time.

    2) He is very raw offensively. He seems to have decent footwork but his touch around the basket is bad. He did seem to finish strong when he had the chance even though he missed one dunk.

    3) He didn't struck me as someone who could block a lot of shots. He does not seem to know how to do it yet. Roy and the coaches could help him in that department a lot.

    4) He is not moving a lot when he is in the weak side. Of course, there were no set plays so his off the ball movement couldn't be great but I'd like to see him trying to go around his defender in order to acquire a better position for an offensive board.

    Overall, I like Plumlee. If Roy can help him develop a back to the basket game then he'll be a solid backup.

  13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  14. #210
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,525

    Default Re: (7/9/2012) IND vs PHI "Orlando Summer League" Official Gamethread

    Nice work Nuntius.

    On passing. I know T Bird always puts emphasis on this little appreciated skill, but he looks like he might be able to make great outlet passes, which really can ignite a fastbreak unit on the floor. Lord knows they need it. Now lets see if DC can figure out to jump stop at the FT line and make a bounce pass to someone filling a lane....or lets see if someone can fill a lane, maybe too.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:


  16. #211
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,290

    Default Re: (7/9/2012) IND vs PHI "Orlando Summer League" Official Gamethread

    Is this going to be the game thread for today too?
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  17. #212
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,290

    Default Re: (7/9/2012) IND vs PHI "Orlando Summer League" Official Gamethread

    Moe Harkless follows his 9pt performance with 2pts. He's only played about 10min though.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  18. #213
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,292

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: (7/9/2012) IND vs PHI "Orlando Summer League" Official Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by MyFavMartin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think Burke (the strength coach, right?) is coaching so they run fewer sets and more streetball/guard-oriented?
    No. Dan Burke is a normal assistant coach.

    Shawn Windle is the strength coach.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  19. #214
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Posts
    684

    Default Re: (7/9/2012) IND vs PHI "Orlando Summer League" Official Gamethread

    It seems like some of the key negatives of Plumlee could be corrected or learned. On the other hand, how does one explain the fact that he didn't seem to learn some of these things under one of the best coaches in college basketball? I guess we must also consider the fact that he will be playing every day against an 7'2" NBA All-Star center in practice. If he can't learn and improve from that, I don't know what to say. I'm hoping for the best. I do like what I've seen so far, though.

    Is there anyone who can teach him to learn to use those incredible athletic gifts? I'm up for anything that could work. I'd be up for bringing Bill Walton back to help, even if he says more loony stuff about Beethoven or whatever goes through that guy's head.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KkrccHEAqg

  20. #215
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,938

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: (7/9/2012) IND vs PHI "Orlando Summer League" Official Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by IndyPacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On the other hand, how does one explain the fact that he didn't seem to learn some of these things under one of the best coaches in college basketball?
    I don't think that Coach K has anything to do with big man development. I still remember him playing Team USA with Elton Brand, Chris Bosh and LeBron James at the 5 and completely forgetting Dwight Howard on the bench in Saitama. Of course, I was glad he did since this helped my NT to beat Team USA and advance to the Finals

    I get it that he's considered a legendary coach in the USA but I don't put too much stock into how he uses his big men.

  21. #216

    Default Re: (7/9/2012) IND vs PHI "Orlando Summer League" Official Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think that Coach K has anything to do with big man development. I still remember him playing Team USA with Elton Brand, Chris Bosh and LeBron James at the 5 and completely forgetting Dwight Howard on the bench in Saitama. Of course, I was glad he did since this helped my NT to beat Team USA and advance to the Finals

    I get it that he's considered a legendary coach in the USA but I don't put too much stock into how he uses his big men.
    Boo this man!

    But no I completely agree on Coach K, who was the last good big man from Duke? Is it Boozer?

  22. #217
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,938

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: (7/9/2012) IND vs PHI "Orlando Summer League" Official Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by pezasied182 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Boo this man!
    The thought of the guy in your avatar saying "Boo this man" is hilarious

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  24. #218
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,628

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: (7/9/2012) IND vs PHI "Orlando Summer League" Official Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow.. I'm stealing that for my sig


    It's not that ridiculous if you remember DD as a rookie.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 47
    Last Post: 01-24-2012, 06:27 PM
  2. Vegas "Post-Summer League" (Pacers mentioned)
    By imbtyler in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-26-2011, 03:06 PM
  3. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-27-2011, 02:41 PM
  4. NBA Summer League "Careers in Sports" Conference
    By underwave in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-02-2009, 12:37 AM
  5. Tbird's "Masterplan for summer of 2008" Challenge
    By thunderbird1245 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-04-2008, 01:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •