Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you a bigger Pacers fan after Friday night

Default Are you a bigger Pacers fan after Friday night

I was thinking about this earlier today.

Are you an even more ardent fan after Friday night.

Are you the same fan now as a week ago.

Are you less of a fan of the Pacers because of Friday night.

I certainly am no less of a fan than I was and I could not be any more of a fan than I already was.
    But I will say this, right now I believe the Pacers need my support more than ever

When a family member is in serious trouble you circle the wagons and you offer more support than you do in good times.

I mentioned this earlier, but let me say again, for many of you who rarely go to games, I would encourage you to go now, they need you, as I mentioned earlier the whole world is watching us right now and let's continue to do what we did Saturday night.

[edit=24=1101174561][/edit]

Default Re: Are you a bigger Pacers fan after Friday night

I don't think I can be any more of a fan than I am. I was supposed to study for a test that has a huge bearing on the rest of my life, but I didn't. That is how big I am. But I don't think I have been PROUD of teh pacers like I am now. I don't think I am so ready to prove the league wrong than I am now. I don;t think I have ever felt so invigorated as I do now. And I am just hoping that we get everyone gets back and we kick the league's ***.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

No way possible to be a bigger fan than I already am.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

sweabs

It's funny you said that Suaveness. I had to study all last weekend for a big exam that I had today.

I couldn't do it - I had to know what was happening with my Pacers...so I don't think I could be a bigger fan anyway.

All I know is the Orlando game just reaffirmed my passion for this Pacers team. I love them.

I had the Pacers Car Flag flying proudly today acers:

Default Honestly...

I think I'm a bigger fan after Saturday night.

What a gutsy, inspirational performance from the remaining players. They played their hearts out. My expectation was that they would get beat by 50 points, but those six guys just wouldn't allow it. After that, any negativity I might have had towards the NBA and the screw job that I knew was about to happen was overcome by my appreciation for those remaining players. Any thought that I might just chuck the NBA and its joke of a Commissioner was eclipsed by my appreciation for Fred Jones, Austin Croshere, David Harrison, James Jones, Eddie Gill and John Edwards.

After Saturday night I realized that my hatred for David Stern and the NBA was eclipsed by my appreciation for this team.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have always been a Pacer fan. I will always be a Pacer fan. This incident has not made me more or less of a Pacer fan.

However, the Pacers have always fielded different versions of the team. I was never able to connect with this team as much as I could with the Rik, Reggie, and Dale team in the 90's. I think my feelings were exemplified by this state as well judging by the attendance and overall enthusiasm for this team.

No longer though. This incident has really given a "us against the world" attitude. I feel really connected to this version of the Pacers.

So I think the topic question should not be "are you a bigger Pacer fan" but rather "do you feel more connected to this specific squad."
    House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

double post, sorry
    [edit=255=1101175791]double post[/edit]

House Sigil:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

triple post, sorry
    [edit=255=1101175742][/edit]

House Sigil:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

quadruple post, sorry
    [edit=255=1101175686]quad post[/edit]

House Sigil:

Default Honestly...

I think I'm a bigger fan after Saturday night.

What a gutsy, inspirational performance from the remaining players. They played their hearts out. My expectation was that they would get beat by 50 points, but those six guys just wouldn't allow it. After that, any negativity I might have had towards the NBA and the screw job that I knew was about to happen was overcome by my appreciation for those remaining players. Any thought that I might just chuck the NBA and its joke of a Commissioner was eclipsed by my appreciation for Fred Jones, Austin Croshere, David Harrison, James Jones, Eddie Gill and John Edwards.

After Saturday night I realized that my hatred for David Stern and the NBA was eclipsed by my appreciation for this team.

pb777

I can honestly say that I am more proud than ever of the Pacers. Not sure if that means I am more of a fan or not, but I feel more passion in my heart for this team than any other Pacers team.

Between now and Feb, the Pacers need us to believe in them and support them. I will proudly do so!

The second half of the season is ours to take, and come playoffs we will be the hottest and most hungry team. I dont think that a championship is out of reach. Nothing in this world comes easy. Every great accomplishment is gained thru greater challenges.

I also think that this may be the start of a new era inside Conseco. Maybe similar to how MSA was - very loud and extremely disruptive to the visiting team. At the Orlando game, everyone-from the balcony to the suites to the lower level season ticket holders-was up and loud as hell! It was a beautiful night to be a part of and I walked away extremely proud of our Pacers.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This is a good question.

I am a bigger fan, but at the same time, one that is much more depressed, because I think we had the best team in the NBA, and that's been ruined now.

I don't live in Indianapolis, and I make it to about 2 games a year.

I'm going to a game on December 27, while it's depressing to think that I won't see Jermaine O'Neal, Ron Artest, or Stephen Jackson, our best players, it's something I can't wait to go to.

I think I'm seeing us play the Spurs in March, by then O'Neal and Jackson will be back, but still, we wont have the team we did, Artest meant so much.

While I now support the team more than ever, I have never been more depressed Pacer-wise and will forever wonder what could have been. We made the improvements neccessary in the backcourt with getting Jackson, and with the rising of Jones and Croshere, I think we would have won it all. I still can't believe our chance has been taken away.

Jermaine O'Neal was playing at another level this year. As it has been mentioned several times, his post game looked stronger. Artest was spectacular in the few games that he played, and Jax was everything we hoped to be, even if he was a little poor on some shot selections.

This is probably the biggest let down we will suffer as Pacers fans.

Here's to what could have been

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

My marginal appreciation for the league as whole has now completely evaporated. I'm no longer a fan of the NBA itself, but my affection for the Pacers was reinforced by their performance Saturday night. Now more than ever I view the Pacers not as a team affiliated with the NBA but more simply as Indiana's team. I know that sounds like a strange dichotomy but it's how I've always approached the organization.

The next two months are going to be very hard. I will be supporting the team each game as I always have done.

Keep up the great work Paul B!
    [edit=57=1101177251][/edit]
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Banned

Yes, I am a BIGGER fan.

I think the league is screwing the Pacers, therefore I want them to have success and shove it up David Stern's a$$.

Also, I keep gaining weight. Every week when I get on the scale, I'm a little bit bigger.

Not a bigger fan, but I am definitely caught up in the "us vs the world" bunker mentality. Every one down here in ATL has been dogging the Pacers, but it just reinforces my support for them. I wish I could have been there on Saturday night.
    [edit=34=1101177694][/edit]

"Also, I keep gaining weight. Every week when I get on the scale, I'm a little bit bigger."

" It seems that I am constantly becoming a bigger fan, and like Roy, I am also becoming a fatter fan."

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm a fan and I can't be a bigger fan that what I already was.I will support my Pacers.And Colts
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Same here too, Suaveness and rcarey.

I had a test today but I can't focus my mind into studying over the weekend. I felt so sad and frustrated of all these happened and the league's harsh ruling on the pacers. But it won't make me less of a pacers fan and I wouldn't blame any of them. They may not did the right thing in this incident; however, I still don't think it is fully their faults. And it also isn't the time for us as fan to jump into the bangwagon and judge who pacers to blame by pointing our fingers.

Plus, I have seen so many positive things of the team after the incident such as the home game on Sat.

NewType

Quote Originally Posted by arkman40
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not a bigger fan, but I am definitely caught up in the "us vs the world" bunker mentality.
    Ditto. Also, I completely lost any respect for the Pistons.

I'm equal on my level of "fan-ness", but I'm troubled. I'm very troubled by this.

Ron and Jackon (Sex) totally lost control and endangered innocent people with the word "INDIANA" blazoned on their chests. They may have been disrespected and their pride may have been damaged, but their response was truly, madly, deeply unacceptable. And the word "INDIANA" was on their chest at the time.

Not Indianapolis, not Bloomington, nothing else...just "INDIANA".

I cannot think of a less "INDIANA" action, in my mind. I think of us Hoosiers as kind, generous, too conservative - but for good reasons. Hoosiers are stubborn in clinging to old-fashioned things like family, no daylight savings time, and old pick ups.

I don't spend a great deal of time thinking how much I appreciate this state where I was raised, but its a good bunch of folks here. Folks who are tested, wise and deeply commited to kindness.

Hoosiers are good natured. We approach life casually, thoughfully, and with patience and wisdom.

We might be a little slow to warm to strangers and new ideas, but we're loyal to people who have proven themselves to be good.

Hoosiers stand up for themselves and others when the situation calls for it, but we're more likely to see most situations as not calling for force or bad feelings between folks. We're peacemakers.

We care about family. We care about the future. We care about being good people. We're a religious bunch here, and we take it seriously - but we also can hold a cynical smirk about ourselves.

These are the values and qualities I have been given by this state and the people in it.

When those guys ran up in the stands, they took the name of my state with it. They took the pride I have in where I'm from and they embarrassed me. Maybe the fans are absolute ****** as people, but too bad. We Hoosiers hold ourselves to a higher standard than that.

Now I believe in redemption, and I believe the wounds suffered from this can heal. I learned these things, too, as a Hoosier.

But right now I can't say I'm proud or a bigger fan or anything. For now, I'm just waiting to see how the name INDIANA is treated.
    "If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you." - Jack Handy

Like everyone else, I don't know that I could possibly be more of a fan. I'm certainly even more anti-Stern and anti-Pistons, though (and that, my friends, is quite an accomplishment).

In fact, as Chauncey would say, I wouldn't mind if David Stern got carjacked and beaten.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

I'm not a bigger fan, unlike some of you guys, and thanks to Dr. Atkins, I'm about thirty pounds lighter than I was at this time last season.

But I'm certainly a happier fan. The "Big Disruption" has already done all of the damage he can do to the Pacers this season. Unfortunately, he had to drag Stephen Jackson and Jermaine O'Neal down to his level. It's a shame SJax lost his cool, too, and I'm really upset about JO's "guilty by association" punishment, but they will be back by mid-season at the latest.

So its all uphill from here. We as fans can rest assured there will be no post-all-star game pout, and no major breakdown when the pressure is on. We won't have to look over our shoulder, wandering when he will erupt next. And even more importantly, neither do the players.

So for that, I'm actually a happier fan.

I love this bunker mentality - Bring 'em on! When JO gets back, and when SJax gets back, I'm going to really like/ identify with the team we'll put on the floor.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not a bigger fan, unlike some of you guys, and thanks to Dr. Atkins, I'm about thirty pounds lighter than I was at this time last season.

But I'm certainly a happier fan. The "Big Disruption" has already done all of the damage he can do to the Pacers this season. Unfortunately, he had to drag Stephen Jackson and Jermaine O'Neal down to his level. It's a shame SJax lost his cool, too, and I'm really upset about JO's "guilty by association" punishment, but they will be back by mid-season at the latest.

So its all uphill from here. We as fans can rest assured there will be no post-all-star game pout, and no major breakdown when the pressure is on. We won't have to look over our shoulder, wandering when he will erupt next. And even more importantly, neither do the players.

So for that, I'm actually a happier fan.

I love this bunker mentality - Bring 'em on! When JO gets back, and when SJax gets back, I'm going to really like/ identify with the team we'll put on the floor.
    Well, I hope you'e content with the strong possibility that no Artest means no championship.

At this point, I'd be willing to sign about anyone as long as it meant sticking it to Stern and winning that elusive title he keeps screwing us out of.

I have and always will bleed Blue and Gold. I love the Pacers. I have felt it has always been one of the top organizations in the entire league. I felt those fans had it coming and someone had to step up and shut them up. I will continue to support the Pacers if it is 6 young rookies, or a solid team with Jermaine O'Neal, Ron Artest, Stephen Jackson, Reggie Miller and everyone else. I wore my Pacers gear around campus proudly today.
    Sorry, I didn't know advertising was illegal here. Someone call the cops!