Thread: 9-1 doesn't lie...

Hybrid View

Default 9-1 doesn't lie...

The second Ohio team up much more of a fight; congrats to the Bengals for their effort. The Steelers are proving once again that they are a team to be contended with. The team just finds ways to win.

Jay, I didn't get to watch the game...How'd we look?

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 9-1 doesn't lie...

We looked great last night... I've been so busy that I only watched bits and pieces of the Bengals and Redskins games, but aside from the time when my St. Bernard threw up on the kitchen floor (and it smelled even worse than you'd think), I watched all of last night's game.

Ben played a nearly-perfect game again. Although he threw 18 passes, I think, and that's a little bit too much. Excellent clock management. Duce was a little rusty, but I think it was the right call to stick with him.

I could see the Steelers going into the playoffs with the idea of playing Staley for two series, then the Bus for one, then back to Staley for two, etc.

Once again, Dick LeBeau's defense was outstanding - although they gave up more yards than I would've liked. But just like the 1995 team coached by Cowher and LeBeau, when its time to make a stop to keep/ push a team out of scoring range, they deliver. Now, the 1995 team would also deliver a take-away, our DBs this season are solid (I love how hard Hope and Pooo-ah-la-whahoo hit) but they are not Woodson/ Lake/ Perry/ Williams/ Flowers/ Figures - caliber.

Jason Gilden had a big sack for Jacksonville. I miss him.

It was an interesting point that Jack Del Rio made, the Steelers will "let you hang around." In part, that's because Bill and Dick are very confident that the defense will make the necessary stops. And also because Cowher doesn't like to throw more than 20 times per game.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Yeah, I was thinking about that yesterday. The offense is not explosive by any means, but it doesn't need to be. It's effective. This is a balanced football team, on all 3 sides of the ball. I've been hearing talk of what would happen if the Colts met the Steelers in the playoffs, and I've been pondering that as well. Some say the Colts offense would be way too much for the Steelers, but then I believe the Steelers defense is like none other the Colts have seen all year and that that would be a positive. I don't think the Colts defense could contain our running game or special teams. Overall, it would be a pretty evenly-matched contest; but of course Pittsburgh would triumph in the end.

11-1!

12-1. And Ben's finally looking like a rookie.

Still, as long as he throws less than twenty passes in a game, I like our chances.

This is the time of year that I'm glad we aren't relying on a passing game. Duce Staley Right. Duce Staley Left. Jerome Bettis right down the middle. I love it.

Here's hoping the Giants really do start Manning against Dick LeBeau's defense this week. That'll be fun!! Coughlin has coached against Bill and Dick before, he should know better...

I don't like gloating, but I knew we would have this type of a season, and I predicted Jerome back to being his former self. I'm so happy at the moment.

In your defense, I thought you were high when you suggested Jerome Bettis still had some good games left.