Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FA remaining on the pacer radar

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default FA remaining on the pacer radar

So Jamal Crawford, Brandon Roy, Brandon Bass, an others have allready signed with teams. All I am hearing is that Mayo is the front runner to be signed in Indy, chris Kaman(if Roy hibbert isn't retained) then Courney Lee. Anyone else out there that anyone knows of? The paces are letting very much out.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: FA remaining on the pacer radar

It will be one of Lee or Mayo that we sign and thats it

Mood

I hope it's mayo personally, even tho the price is a lil high

Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar

Sports Logo

Kinda disappointed with free agency especially if we don't retain Roy. I would hope that with the remaining FA's that we can get Mayo.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by PGisthefuture View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kinda disappointed with free agency especially if we don't retain Roy. I would hope that with the remaining FA's that we can get Mayo.
    Ya I really wish we could keep hibbert. If Portland offers Batum a max contract then I think they might pull the offer away from Roy maybe

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Piston Prince
    Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
    "Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time"

If you let Roy walk blow it up. Chris Kaman and OJ Mayo are not cost effective additions.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    If you let Roy walk blow it up. Chris Kaman and OJ Mayo are not cost effective additions.
    If this team gets blown up right after the season we just had you can say goodbye to any chance of the fan base getting stronger.

I think Mayo would be a great addition and Kaman I'm kinda iffy on. Kaman is better than nothing in my opinion, but yeah Roy should be our main objective, then Mayo...

Quote Originally Posted by PGisthefuture View Post
    If this team gets blown up right after the season we just had you can say goodbye to any chance of the fan base getting stronger.

I think Mayo would be a great addition and Kaman I'm kinda iffy on. Kaman is better than nothing in my opinion, but yeah Roy should be our main objective, then Mayo...
    The fanbase already blows. If they think adding Kaman and Mayo, who will both undoubtedly be overpaid, will stir any excitement then Pritchard hasn't been here long enough and Walsh was gone too long. Someone tell me what OJ Mayo does well enough to be worth the money he's going to get other than be a #1 high school recruit. If we're getting all cost effective all of a sudden then play Orland Johnson in the exact same role you would Mayo for like 1/9th the cost. The results would be a net gain financially. And I say that with completely confidence.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Blow it up... I'd fear Roy Hibbert wouldn't be the only thing moving to the Pacific Northwest.
    I don't know if the franchise could handle another 3 to 5 years of fan apathy.
    "IF" Roy isn't brought back without a plan in place I'm willing to bet the new plan isn't to build a contender, but to build a team that has a shot to JUST make the play-offs.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Roaming Gnome For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

The fanbase already blows. If they think adding Kaman and Mayo, who will both undoubtedly be overpaid, will stir any excitement then Pritchard hasn't been here long enough and Walsh was gone too long. Someone tell me what OJ Mayo does well enough to be worth the money he's going to get other than be a #1 high school recruit. If we're getting all cost effective all of a sudden then play Orland Johnson in the exact same role you would Mayo for like 1/9th the cost. The results would be a net gain financially. And I say that with completely confidence.
    You make good points, I'm not trying to argue or anything. I agree overpaying for Mayo is not the best thing to do. The fan base does suck pretty bad, but it was showing some promise during the playoffs. If we don't make the playoffs we will go back to the days where nobody cares about the Pacers.

I am also eager to see what Orlando Johnson can do, who knows he could be as good or better than Mayo.

Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Gnome View Post
    Blow it up... I'd fear Roy Hibbert wouldn't be the only thing moving to the Pacific Northwest.
    "IF" Roy isn't brought back without a plan in place I'm willing to bet the new plan isn't to build a contender, but to build a team that has a shot to JUST make the play-offs.
    I agree the franchise couldn't sustain it. And it'd be completely their own fault. So **** em.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

The last part may very well be true, sadly. All I'm saying is, the last thing this team needs is another year where we are average/a .500 ball club. I think making the playoffs is more important than rebuilding at this point.

Another thing I was thinking about... Aren't small market teams like ours suppose to build and obtain their talent through the draft? So, why is the FO dragging their feet on keeping a guy they developed from...The Draft?
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Roaming Gnome For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Here's a nifty, sortable tracker.

NBA.com - 2012 NBA Free Agent Tracker

Besides Mayo and Kaman, there are a couple of good forwards available in Ersan Ilyasova and Kris Humphries.

Also, three underrated young big men who are still available: Jason Thompson, Robin Lopez, and Jordan Hill.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

I agree the franchise couldn't sustain it. And it'd be completely their own fault. So **** em.
    That's where I am at aswell. Why invest my precious (latenight/early morning)time and money on a team that contend to just make the playoffs and call it a day after that. I want the team I'm a fan of to be more ambitious, otherwise we are going to become a team that simply raises what middle of the first round draft picks we have and that pan out nicely for other teams to take when their contract is up. And at the sametime we would be getting some scrabs and leftovers in FA and get a chance with rejects with failed elsewhere and get a chance with us to rejuvenate their careers before moving on. Anything like that to me is unacceptable to support.

I wasn't aware we would be content with being the Clippers pre-Griffin out east.

Now it's not july 11th and I REALLY hope it won't work out like this, but to me the signs haven't been encouraging and the FO has to prove something better then just overpaying for Hill and Mayo, while letting our only effective twoway frontcourt player leave for nothing or scrabs. Let's just hope Walsh and KP are playing it like geniouses and have everybody fooled and get something really sweet out of their asses.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Undefeated

Another thing I was thinking about... Aren't small market teams like ours suppose to build and obtain their talent through the draft? So, why is the FO dragging their feet on keeping a guy they developed from...The Draft?
    Who are we dragging our feet on? I think you are confused about how free agency works.
    Danger Zone

Yup. I'm not getting that either. And worse sub Roy's contract as overpaid to move on and ... overpay for a George Hill and an O.J. Mayo and possible for a Kaman.

I think all of this is premature since nothing can be finalized until the end of next week. Just saying.

I would rather be the hammer than the nail

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alabama-Redneck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    Here's a nifty, sortable tracker.

NBA.com - 2012 NBA Free Agent Tracker

Besides Mayo and Kaman, there are a couple of good forwards available in Ersan Ilyasova and Kris Humphries.

Also, three underrated young big men who are still available: Jason Thompson, Robin Lopez, and Jordan Hill.
    Thanks for a little perspective! There are also trades to be made and who knows what that could bring.

True. You give up stuff in trades too though. Sometimes it's just capspace, but if you want something of real value you are going to have to give something of real value up aswell...

Quote Originally Posted by Rogco View Post
    Who are we dragging our feet on? I think you are confused about how free agency works.
    Just freaking out about the possibility of losing Hibbert. Guess I'll save my anger another 8 days "IF" we don't match.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Roaming Gnome For This Useful Post:

Yes they are but we'll being financially responsible. Max contracts are meant for elite players the front office will make the best of a tough situation. Idk. Why everyone is acting like this is a slam dunk to match. We've all watched him play he doesn't excel at one facet of his game. He is replaceable IMO just like everyone else on this roster.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

I AM Mahinmi
    Last edited by Pacer Fan; 07-06-2012 at 08:51 AM.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Just freaking out about the possibility of losing Hibbert. Guess I'll save my anger another 8 days "IF" we don't match.
    My preference would be to keep Roy but I can see where there is some concern as to whether Roy translates to a
    championship. Keep cap flexibility and go after Ibaka? If no Roy then what? Fes and Plumlee? Kaman?
    I suspect the team feels Roy is not worth a max deal. If he gets hurt the Pacers are really in trouble. So spread out the risk on several bigs?
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-