Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Is Conrad right?

Default Re: Is Conrad right?

Quote Originally Posted by rabidpacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hicks has been told by someone at PS&E that he no longer works there... it doesn't appear he has written any articles at all so far this offseason (even Larry's resignation story was written by someone else), and now he's writing for Fox Sports Midwest (which I don't remember him doing before)?

Sounds like he's gone? Knowing PS&E it's possible they are waiting to get their successor in place before announcing the transition...

I just realized this probably means the end of Pacers Crate. That's too bad.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    So then wouldn't one of the PF's be a center? Sounds like it to me....
    You mean after Brad Miller left and we had JO and Foster?!??

Yikes.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ChicagoJ For This Useful Post:

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    That's why this is an easy decision IMO. Worst case, we have an all-star caliber C making about 14.5M/yr. It's hardly a bad contract compared to the last decade...
    Exactly.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ChicagoJ For This Useful Post:

How about we stop being morons and just pay Roy the max and enjoy an All Star center for the next five years. Seriously, what is the issue here? This shouldn't be a debate.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Foul on Smits For This Useful Post:

Some of you really need to open your minds. We're not just investing in some seven foot, 14 and 8 bum. Aside from the defensive presence he presents in the paint, which by the way, would be devastating to lose, there's not many players with the work ethic he has. He's dramatically improved his game every year he's been in the league. Emphasis on ” game”. There's a lot more to the game than just points and rebounds. And oh by the way. Those are going to improve too. He works too hard not too.

His defensive presence isnt nothing compared to his community presence. Area 51, Boys and Girls club. He's been representing us brilliantly on national tv. The other night I asked him on twitter if he was watching the fights, he said ” were you watching, I could come to your house and chill”. I mean I know its just joshing, but I'm talking to a All Star center. I'm talking to someone I'm 100% confident,.will lead my favorite team to a NBA championship and lead me to the drunkest night of party in my life.

I'll max deal that any day. Its not even up for discussion and im sure Pritchard is just trying to screw with Paul Allens offseason. I wouldn't be suprised if Portland pulls the deal to save face.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Foul on Smits For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Jeff Tzucker is the new web manager for the Pacers.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Dale Davis would absolutely be a center in today's game. He'd easily be paid 8 figures too.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Varejao and Kaman? Oh yeahh
    While I really like Varejao, aren't you at least concerned that Varejao has only played in 56 games and Kaman only in 79 games over the past 2 seasons (out of a possible 147 games total). It's like you get a complete player by adding both together. In contrast, Hibbert has played in 146 games, and the game he missed was because we had our playoff spot locked.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    Dale Davis would absolutely be a center in today's game. He'd easily be paid 8 figures too.

While I really like Varejao, aren't you at least concerned that Varejao has only played in 56 games and Kaman only in 79 games over the past 2 seasons (out of a possible 147 games total). It's like you get a complete player by adding both together. In contrast, Hibbert has played in 146 games, and the game he missed was because we had our playoff spot locked.
    I expect the Pacers to do some research and see how healthy this guys are, do you remember the time Tyson Chandler was some kind of injury prone?

Sports Logo

With the Pacers pretty much rebuilding everything about the franchise, you can't lose Hibbert. The fans are just starting to come back to support the Pacers, & letting arguably the most popular player on the roster go is a HUGE mistake. And thats just half of the debate.

How many legit Centres are there in the NBA? Across 30 teams, I can only think of Howard, Bynam, Chandler, Hibbert, Bogut & Perkins that are legit centres. There are people like Garnett, Jefferson & Duncan who play centre, but they are really PFs. I don't see another guy who brings 7'2" plus wingspan to the table every night. Height is the 1 thing in basketball you cant teach.

Also, at just 25, no one has the ceiling that Hibbert has. He is already an All-Star, is a legit MIP award candidate, & still wants to improve his overall game. Some guys rely on natural talent & ability, other guys work harder to enhance theirs
    Matthew F Currie
    Personal Trainer
    London

15. The Following User Says Thank You to matthewfcurrie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    How about we stop being morons and just pay Roy the max and enjoy an All Star center for the next five years. Seriously, what is the issue here? This shouldn't be a debate.
    I'm a little confused. Are you saying some in this forum are morons or the Pacers are being morons?

Some in the forum are looking for alternatives just in case the pacers don't re-sign him. The Pacers will respond after the offer sheet is officially signed by Roy

There is no just in case. Indiana needs to sign him.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Foul on Smits For This Useful Post:

Flipped Off The Refs Larry Staverman's Avatar
    Mood

Here is the part I don't understand.

In January Falk and Hibbert told the front office they weren't interested in an extension and wanted to play out the season and become a RFA. At that point they had to realize that Roy getting a max offer was a real possibility.

Since Roy played well and made the all star team his value didn't decrease after that.

So if the front office knew at that time they would not want to match a max offer, and Roy's value has probably gone up since then, why wouldn't they trade him at the deadline instead of risking coming away with nothing.

My point is if the front office was prepared for all scenarios, and they didn't trade Hibbert, they have to match Portland's offer.
    Last edited by Larry Staverman; 07-06-2012 at 11:21 AM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Larry Staverman For This Useful Post:

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

So, did this topic come from a private conversation or a radio spot or is there a link?

I, too, would like to know what was actually stated if there is a link because it could provide insight from somebody with at least a semblance of direct connection to the situation. That way we would be able to judge for ourselves.

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

What do you think is going to happen? Will the Pacers keep Roy, or is he in dire need of espresso, crisp Pacific air, and chasing the dream becoming the next Bill Walton where many knees have failed before?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Staverman View Post
    Here is the part I don't understand.

In January Falk and Hibbert told the front office they weren't interested in an extension and wanted to play out the season and become a RFA. At that point they had to realize that Roy getting a max offer was a real possibility.

Since Roy played well and made the all star team his value didn't decrease after that.

So if the front office knew at that time they would not want to match a max offer, and Roy's value has probably gone up since then, why wouldn't they trade him at the deadline instead of risking coming away with nothing.

My point is if the front office was prepared for all scenarios, and they didn't trade Hibbert, they have to match Portland's offer.
    I figured they offered a decent offer, thought he'd get a max from someone, possibly. Which was okay, since, you now have a deal for 4 years, instead of 5 and for only 4.5% raises instead of 7%? I mean, in a way, if they match, Portland did them a favor by allowing for less years and smaller raises. Same situation with EJ for NO. Its why people are saying all max contracts aren't created equal.

I think in the new CBA, the ony way you say, I will give you the max to return with full money for 5 years is if it really is a Franchise guy, then you do that ASAP, cuz its Durant or DRose or someone who clearly is the guy.