Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 68

Thread: It may be the time to move George or Granger

  1. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Posts
    684

    Default Re: It may be the time to move George or Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You have to give up talent to get talent. Paul George will most likely never the the type of player Eric Gordon already is. Is NOLA asks for George, you give it to them all day long. Eric Gordon makes us a contender in the East.
    I'm certainly not convinced of that. Gordon didn't look any more impressive than Paul George in his second year. Gordon did score significantly more points (about 5 ppg more), although I'm also pretty sure Gordon wasn't ranked 6th in the NBA in steals per game per 48 min his sophomore season.

    Another damning stat is that out of Gordon's 4-year career, he has only once played more games in a season than George just played in the abbreviated 2011-2012 season. George played more games in the shortened season than Gordon played from 2010 through 2012. No thanks on giving George plus another player for this guy.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IndyPacer For This Useful Post:


  3. #27
    Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,098

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: It may be the time to move George or Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Eric Gordon did have the injury prone perception, then we would probably never even have an opportunity to get him. Perceived or otherwise.
    Why not? Him reportedly wanting to play here isn't impacted by his injuries, and he's still commanding max money.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:


  5. #28

    Default Re: It may be the time to move George or Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He might be as productive, but it is at a lower efficiency.

    Gordon is talked about on this board because he is good, not because he is from Indiana. (see dozens of other hoosiers that don't get a lick of talk here) He might get more talk than a equally good player because he is from Indiana, but he would be talked about no matter where he is from.
    I have to disagree with that. Gordon is really good when healthy but not nearly good enough for the majority of this board to overlook the fact he misses as many games as he plays.
    Also, how can you say Mayo is less efficient? He actually plays the entire season and produces in far less mpg!

  6. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,064

    Default Re: It may be the time to move George or Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by troyc11a View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have to disagree with that. Gordon is really good when healthy but not nearly good enough for the majority of this board to overlook the fact he misses as many games as he plays.
    Also, how can you say Mayo is less efficient? He actually plays the entire season and produces in far less mpg!
    Exactly, Gordon does more while doing less.

  7. #30

    Default Re: It may be the time to move George or Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why not? Him reportedly wanting to play here isn't impacted by his injuries, and he's still commanding max money.
    its not likely we can sign him for anything considerably less.... the Hornets would just match it and laugh that they got him less than the max

  8. #31
    Member Reginald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fishers, IN
    Posts
    193

    Default Re: It may be the time to move George or Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by troyc11a View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Besides, the only reason Gordon is talked about on this board so much is because he is from Indianapolis and went to IU. He was from another state (or College) the poster who mentioned trading for him would get killed on this board.
    Interesting theory. I kind of like him because he's a career 20-pt scorer who can get to the rim and create his own shot, but maybe that's just me. Well, maybe it's just me and U.S. Men's Basketball, which invited Kobe Bryant, James Harden, Chris Paul, Russell Westbrook, Deron Williams and Eric Gordon to camp. I like Gordon; are those other guards any good?
    "Reggie Miller is the hardest player to guard." --Kobe Bryant

    "Playing Reggie Miller drives me nuts. It's like chicken-fighting with a woman." --Michael Jordan

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Reginald For This Useful Post:


  10. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: It may be the time to move George or Granger

    Danny's value is so low right now we'll be lucky to get anything good in return.

  11. #33

    Default Re: It may be the time to move George or Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting theory. I kind of like him because he's a career 20-pt scorer who can get to the rim and create his own shot, but maybe that's just me. Well, maybe it's just me and U.S. Men's Basketball, which invited Kobe Bryant, James Harden, Chris Paul, Russell Westbrook, Deron Williams and Eric Gordon to camp. I like Gordon; are those other guards any good?
    I am not questioning his talent. I am questioning his durability. If he is missing nearly whole seasons in his prime, how much time will he miss due to injuries when he ages? It would be a horrible trade to get rid of DG or PG for a guy who is not durable and WILL miss significant time. The guy cant stay healthy in the NBA and couldnt stay healthy in college - PASS

  12. #34
    thx4tehmRys Danny! daschysta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Geist, Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,952
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: It may be the time to move George or Granger

    I would maybe give up george for Gordon, if we have to give up no other major assets, resign Hibbert and contend, but I disagree about the potential argument, we only do that trade because we are on the cusp of contending, and New ORleans is not. Gordon Constantly being injured tips this in the direction of bad idea though. George can in 2 years be just as valuable as Gordon, I stay with him if that's the price. If we get Gordon it's going to be because Gordon demanded here and we have so much leverage we can force the Hornets to deal with us.
    Last edited by daschysta; 07-03-2012 at 02:10 PM.

  13. #35

    Default Re: It may be the time to move George or Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting theory. I kind of like him because he's a career 20-pt scorer who can get to the rim and create his own shot, get injured, miss the majority of games due to injury, and looks nice sitting behind the bench during games in an expensive suit,but maybe that's just me. Well, maybe it's just me and U.S. Men's Basketball, which invited Kobe Bryant, James Harden, Chris Paul, Russell Westbrook, Deron Williams and Eric Gordon to camp. I like Gordon; are those other guards any good?
    Glad I could fix it for you!

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to troyc11a For This Useful Post:


  15. #36
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,962

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: It may be the time to move George or Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting theory. I kind of like him because he's a career 20-pt scorer who can get to the rim and create his own shot, but maybe that's just me. Well, maybe it's just me and U.S. Men's Basketball, which invited Kobe Bryant, James Harden, Chris Paul, Russell Westbrook, Deron Williams and Eric Gordon to camp. I like Gordon; are those other guards any good?
    And Jamal Magloire once made an all-star team. And Luke Ridnour was on an Olympic team roster. Not saying Gordon isn't a good player, but that doesn't exactly mean he's arrived.

  16. #37

    Default Re: It may be the time to move George or Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And Jamal Magloire once made an all-star team. And Luke Ridnour was on an Olympic team roster. Not saying Gordon isn't a good player, but that doesn't exactly mean he's arrived.
    The guy is a terrific talent. But he has missed over 80 games due to injury the last 2 seasons. He also couldnt make it thru a full season in college. Do we really want to give up PG or DG and a max contract for a guy who will not make it thru the season?
    All this ridiculous love for Gordon would turn to anger once we got to see him miss over half of every season because of injury. Im just hoping someone else is stupid enough to pay him max money to be on the injured list.

  17. #38
    Member mb221's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    OC, MD
    Age
    30
    Posts
    300

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: It may be the time to move George or Granger

    Couldn't stay healthy in college? You realized he played 32 of 33 games during his one season at IU?

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mb221 For This Useful Post:


  19. #39

    Default Re: It may be the time to move George or Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by mb221 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Couldn't stay healthy in college? You realized he played 32 of 33 games during his one season at IU?
    I do remember him being sub-standard (at least according to his standards) after the wrist injury.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Karlton For This Useful Post:


  21. #40

    Default Re: It may be the time to move George or Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by mb221 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Couldn't stay healthy in college? You realized he played 32 of 33 games during his one season at IU?
    I realized he played the last part of the season with a cast on hi broken hand! I also remember he was a shadow of himself after the injury.

  22. #41
    Member mb221's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    OC, MD
    Age
    30
    Posts
    300

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: It may be the time to move George or Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by troyc11a View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I realized he played the last part of the season with a cast on hi broken hand! I also remember he was a shadow of himself after the injury.
    That is entirely different than saying he couldn't make it through a whole season of college. He played big minutes the entire season. Also, if you take a look at his game log, he still was plenty productive. Plus, the whole team slumped at the end of the season with the coaching mess.

  23. #42

    Default Re: It may be the time to move George or Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by mb221 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is entirely different than saying he couldn't make it through a whole season of college. He played big minutes the entire season. Also, if you take a look at his game log, he still was plenty productive. Plus, the whole team slumped at the end of the season with the coaching mess.
    I said he couldnt stay healthy in college. The injury at the end of the year qualifies him for not making it thru the season healthy! It was merely a taste of what was to come once he got to the NBA

  24. #43
    Plumlee Fan Jeremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    153
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: It may be the time to move George or Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by Mac_Daddy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Gordon can stay on the floor, he makes us a contender if we bring back Roy.
    This

  25. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: It may be the time to move George or Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This
    Silliness. Gordon has never shown that he can make a team a contender from college on up. Never has so much energy been wasted on a player with so few accomplishments and big problem getting on the floor.......

  26. #45

    Default Re: It may be the time to move George or Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How is this NOT another Eric Gordon thread?

    Everyone seems absolutely convinced in these scenarios that Gordon is coming back as an old self he really hasn't been in the NBA. The most likely scenario is that he comes back as a 60-game-per-season player you are PRAYING stays healthy through the playoffs. How is it any kind of no-brainer to throw assets and money at that probability?


    Most people seem to be more then happy to give Roy a max contract with the hope that one day he'll earn it. It's different, I know, but it's still a gamble. At least Gordon has the talent to justify a max deal.

    As for the op's question. I think it's a given, sooner then later Danny needs to go to make room for Paul. Even if that means taking a step back in the standings.

    Gordon probably won't happen because I can't see us dealing Paul, but Granger for Monta might still be an option. He may or may not be better than Danny, but at least he balances the roster out. I actually think a Hill/Ellis back court compliment each other very well despite being a little undersized.

  27. #46

    Default Re: It may be the time to move George or Granger

    Ah, as the off season starts the 1st of the annual "trade Granger" threads. I'm surprised it took this long to happen. I wonder how many more threads will be started about trading Granger b4 the season starts?

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  29. #47

    Default Re: It may be the time to move George or Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ah, as the off season starts the 1st of the annual "trade Granger" threads. I'm surprised it took this long to happen. I wonder how many more threads will be started about trading Granger b4 the season starts?
    Granger is not going anywhere. People on here are amazing. There are threads suggesting the Pacers need to trade Granger, West, and George. Didn't any of these knuckleheads watch this team? We have a really good team with a strong core (providing Roy is back). We need to add talent to it not trade it away!

  30. #48

    Default Re: It may be the time to move George or Granger

    I agree that George and Granger are not a good combination on offense, although not too bad together on defense when they are both playing with motivation.

    The big difference between the two at this point in time is their salary package. If we are looking to upgrade another starting position with a medium to large salary player, then we may need to shed some salary. That means that it is Granger who would have to go. I think that P. George's three-point scoring would go up if he were playing SF without Granger's competition for shot opportinuities.

    I see G. Hill as the first guard off the bench, rotating backing up upgraded starting point guard and upgraded starting shooting guard.

    That leaves us needing the upgrades.

    I think that Goran Dragic is looking for about 10M/year; maybe we could get him for a little less, but not much.

    If we did get Dragic or another point guard upgrade, Collison would need to be traded. It would make sense to send Granger and perhaps someone else along with Collison to New Orleans for Gordon. I believe that Granger is still attractive and that New Orleans could use both him and Collison.

    I have not done the salary math. Can anyone do it? Preferably including a near max five year salary for Hibbert.

    The Gordon risk is not so extreme when we already have Hill in place behind him.

  31. #49
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,115
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: It may be the time to move George or Granger

    Oh my. I would like a healthy player like Gordon....but this is getting crazy. REBOOT in 10....9....8...

  32. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: It may be the time to move George or Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by johndozark View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree that George and Granger are not a good combination on offense, although not too bad together on defense when they are both playing with motivation.

    The big difference between the two at this point in time is their salary package. If we are looking to upgrade another starting position with a medium to large salary player, then we may need to shed some salary. That means that it is Granger who would have to go. I think that P. George's three-point scoring would go up if he were playing SF without Granger's competition for shot opportinuities.

    I see G. Hill as the first guard off the bench, rotating backing up upgraded starting point guard and upgraded starting shooting guard.

    That leaves us needing the upgrades.

    I think that Goran Dragic is looking for about 10M/year; maybe we could get him for a little less, but not much.

    If we did get Dragic or another point guard upgrade, Collison would need to be traded. It would make sense to send Granger and perhaps someone else along with Collison to New Orleans for Gordon. I believe that Granger is still attractive and that New Orleans could use both him and Collison.

    I have not done the salary math. Can anyone do it? Preferably including a near max five year salary for Hibbert.

    The Gordon risk is not so extreme when we already have Hill in place behind him.

    What in the world makes you think NO would take that package for Gordon? We are not getting Gordon (praise the Lord) and that is that. He is an injury prone guard who hasn't accomplished anything but missing a lot of games..... Enough already......

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 03-08-2011, 01:35 PM
  2. Time to move on
    By PacerDude in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-26-2009, 02:55 PM
  3. Time to move on.
    By pacercoltfan in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 11-07-2007, 05:16 PM
  4. Is it time to move JO?
    By Shade in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-11-2007, 02:25 AM
  5. Oh Well time to move on.
    By obnoxiousmodesty in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-04-2004, 11:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •