Thread: The Dwight Howard deal

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The Dwight Howard deal

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't in ANYWAY would want to help the Nets achieve their goal to sign Dwight, so no thanks to Humphries. And to the topic opener: you do that trade as New Jersey without a moment of hesitation. It's really a no-brainer IMHO. The question is though why Orlando would do this? Humphries and Lopez will command a good portion of their capspace aswell and they aren't in a good position salarywise as it is.

Probably because Howard is telling every other team he is not going to sign with them. Screwed up... thats what that is IF true.
    What is screwed up about that? He has the power and he should use it to go where he wants to go. If the team had the power, they would send him somewhere they wanted him to go... Howard played himself into this position and he should take advantage of it. It will be a long time before he gets there again if ever........

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Howard should not be obligated to give a list if teams he would re sign with. if that kills his trade value, so be it, but that is %100 fair. If he has his heart set on playing for the nets after this year, then he shouldn't have to agree to an extension with another team.

That said, Howard has conducted himself like a petulant child, and he deserves what he gets.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If the Nets somehow get Howard and develop into a true contender, I wonder how popular they will become? Surely they would steal some casual fans away from the Knicks, particularly those fans that live in Brooklyn and Queens.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    If the Nets somehow get Howard and develop into a true contender, I wonder how popular they will become? Surely they would steal some casual fans away from the Knicks, particularly those fans that live in Brooklyn and Queens.
    They'll probably already get Brooklyn and some Queens, Staten Island and Manhattan fans that are tired of the Knicks crap.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

Mood

I'm watching the Nathan's Hot Dog eating contest, and they interviewed a guy from Brooklyn and asked if he was a Knicks fan, and he said "I was until the NETS moved to BROOKLYN!". So, yes, the Knicks are losing fans in Brooklyn.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

Orlando sure is in an unenviable position. They don't want Dwight and he doesn't want them, but no one is willing to really pony up for him. Houston is apparently still trying but it sure seems to me like Orlando thinks Dwight is worth way more than anyone is ready to pay. The best offer has already come and gone. It wouldn't surprise me to just see him walk next summer.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

There are 2, maybe 3 players in the NBA who have more value than Dwight. Orlando should be asking for more than the ****** deal that New Jersey was offering.

I still don't understand why Orlando doesn't just send him out for Andrew Bynum. If you can't have the best center in the game, at least get the second best one and whatever else can be packaged with him.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    There are 2, maybe 3 players in the NBA who have more value than Dwight. Orlando should be asking for more than the ****** deal that New Jersey was offering.

I still don't understand why Orlando doesn't just send him out for Andrew Bynum. If you can't have the best center in the game, at least get the second best one and whatever else can be packaged with him.

By definition, value is what someone is willing to pay. Having said that, I understand your perspective but disagree because it only pertains to what you get on the court. Knucklehead factor is off the charts with this guy. He's more high maintenance than the worst girlfriend imaginable. A friend and I discussed this the other day and the problem with Dwight is that he's never had to be a man. He'd full grown and possibly the strongest athlete in the NBA, but that doesn't mean he ever learned to be a man.