Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Dwight Howard deal

Default Re: The Dwight Howard deal

What about Tyler Hans and D Jones for Humphries? Orlando gets two expiring deals, we replace Hans with Humphries, Humphries basically replaces Hans and Jones on our cap so we still have 12 mil to find a replacement wing (obviously looking for a player in the 2-4 mil range).

Hans and Jones' spots in the rotation are two of our biggest weaknesses, right? We could upgrade them both with minimal cap impact.

Damn
    FOLLOW ME: @WarnerSays

IU > Kentucky

Biggest PHILLIES PHAN in Indiana

“And as I go,I go with just a few words left to say,a few words I want to address to Colts fans everywhere, thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. I truly have enjoyed being your quarterback. Thank you.”
    - Peyton Manning

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

From what I heard Nets said it was over for Howard and he messed up everything when he signed his extension.

No need fro them to have to go through all this to get Dwight. I wonder how much tension there will be if they are not winning the games that they suspect they should win, Dwight has been acting like a real big baby lately.
    Why so SERIOUS

Quote Originally Posted by Aw Heck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Deron Williams
    Joe Johnson
    Gerald Wallace
    ?
    Dwight Howard

So should they just go ahead and announce Billy King as Executive of the Year now or...?
    That's something like $67 million for next season just for those four players. How would they fill out the rest of the roster?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

the same way the Miami Heat did....

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Well, if this is the case then we need to start making moves. Re-signing Hibbert is a MUST now.
    FOLLOW ME: @WarnerSays

IU > Kentucky

Biggest PHILLIES PHAN in Indiana

“And as I go,I go with just a few words left to say,a few words I want to address to Colts fans everywhere, thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. I truly have enjoyed being your quarterback. Thank you.”
    - Peyton Manning

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    the same way the Miami Heat did....
    Miami's top four players in salary made $53 million last year, and the luxury tax penalities weren't as steep.

I'm pretty sure the Russian billionaire is more concerned with his new toy than he is about the luxury tax. He might be the only NBA owner that doesn't care.

Maybe he will in the future, but right now he wants to buy his way to an NBA title. If it costs him an extra $50 million in taxes, I honestly believe he'll do it anyway.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

That's kind of what I was wondering. Luxury tax be damned!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Russian billionaire is more concerned with his new toy than he is about the luxury tax. He might be the only NBA owner that doesn't care.

Maybe he will in the future, but right now he wants to buy his way to an NBA title. If it costs him an extra $50 million in taxes, I honestly believe he'll do it anyway.
    They said on Mike and Mike this morning he makes $42M a DAY. I don't think he's too worried about that much in a year.

Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Smits Happens View Post
    That's something like $67 million for next season just for those four players. How would they fill out the rest of the roster?
    Thing is they will have to do the trade before they sign D WIlliams or it won't happen.
    Why so SERIOUS

Don't get me wrong, I think after 1-2 years of taking a beating, his enthusiasm will wear off. Right now, I think money is no object. The man wants a golden ball in his trophy case.

The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

As Orlando works to unload Dwight Howard, Magic focusing on Lakers' Andrew Bynum as top target, sources tell Y! Sports. Story soon on site
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

RLeWorm

Lol the Nets Russian owner doesn't give a damn about the tax, he is a billionare

Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA
    RT @JRudolphSports Source: Lakers are prepared to offer Andrew Bynum and Metta World Peace for Dwight Howard, provided DH signs extension.

I have to think the story posted on ESPN is purely speculation.

The biggest problem is that it make no sense for Orlando. Taking on possibly bad contracts in Lopez and Humphries along with getting nothing close to a franchise-stabilizing player. And then a bunch of picks in the 20s. Problem two is it assumes both of those Nets players want to play in Orlando. That only makes sense if they're overpaid, and then we're back to the first problem.

Sports Logo

I am surprised that the Magic aren't forcing any Team to take on Hedo, JRich, Duhon or QRich in any deal.

EDIT - Nevermind......it looks like JRich will likely have a one-way ticket mailed to him if Dwight is sent packing.

https://twitter.com/BQRMagic/statuse...23176746090499

Report: Magic will try to offload JRich in any Dwight trade http://sbn.to/KYzB0f
    That's $25 mil in outgoing salary that any Team has to match in order to take on Dwight.
    Last edited by CableKC; 07-03-2012 at 05:48 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kraft View Post
    I have to think the story posted on ESPN is purely speculation.

The biggest problem is that it make no sense for Orlando. Taking on possibly bad contracts in Lopez and Humphries along with getting nothing close to a franchise-stabilizing player. And then a bunch of picks in the 20s. Problem two is it assumes both of those Nets players want to play in Orlando. That only makes sense if they're overpaid, and then we're back to the first problem.
    At this point, I think that the Magic are re-tooling...not rebuilding. Remember.....you can't rebuild if you have huge long-term contracts like Hedo and JRich on the books. They are in the position to do what the Nuggets did when they lost Marsh-Melo....they got back a huge influx of talent that allowed them to remain competitive and be a Playoff Team.

Getting Lopez, Marshon Brooks, draft picks and whatever Humphries can get the Magic would be a good start.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This thing with the Nets is a mess, and I never saw it as much of a possibility. You're talking about S&T'ing multiple people at once. They have to agree to salaries that will match the rest of the salaries in the trades, so you have to convince them to split the salary between them in a way that makes them both happy, and you have to find them homes they want to go to.

I guess it's not impossible, but it's highly unlikely.

Mood

I really dislike Dwight Howard. That is all.
    "Can you take away every single day that we have given to another false prophet" -- Corey Taylor

Mood

Damn that is a lot to give for DH in my opinion. Lopez and Humphries may not be all-star caliber talent but I'd take either one over Tyler. I have never been too high on DH myself. Yes, he is very good but also he is like a high maintenance girlfriend. Add the rest of the Nets team needs and I don't see them having much of a bench at all. Adding Brooks to me is over the top. He is young and only going to get better. I'd love to see him in a Pacers uni myself. Add the three 1st rounders and I am amazed. What happens if DH is injured for a significant amount of time. Who do they throw out to back him up? If they end up losing him from Injury for a significant amount of time, Orlando might be looking at a lottery pick in that year. He already is showing some decline with the recent back surgery. He is only gonna start having physical issues the way he takes a beating from opposing teams down in the paint. I think it is a good trade for Orlando and the start of rebuilding their team.

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    The Nets won't win the east this year. They aren't wade and lebron, they still need more pieces, like a 4 and some bench. What are the odds Orlando doesnt want Humphries? Because I do..

Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    I don't in ANYWAY would want to help the Nets achieve their goal to sign Dwight, so no thanks to Humphries. And to the topic opener: you do that trade as New Jersey without a moment of hesitation. It's really a no-brainer IMHO. The question is though why Orlando would do this? Humphries and Lopez will command a good portion of their capspace aswell and they aren't in a good position salarywise as it is.

Probably because Howard is telling every other team he is not going to sign with them. Screwed up... thats what that is IF true.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Dwight Howard is such a d-bag.

Anyway, I think the best deal Orlando should consider is to trade for Bynum. He's got better value that any of the Nets can offer, at the same time they'll not help a team at the same conference. If only Howard is not such a demanding POS, he would have already joined the Nets without this drama..