Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 58

Thread: The Dwight Howard deal

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default The Dwight Howard deal

    Nets are set to give up 3 first round picks plus Lopez, Humphries and Brooks.

    I realize he's the best at what he does but I'm not sure he's worth that. That's 3 good to very good players plus 3 unknown commodities in the picks in exchange for 1 very good to great player who appears to be more high maintenance than your average teenage girlfriend.

  2. #2
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,528

    Default Re: The Dwight Howard deal

    I do it everyday, 3 good players, 3 mid to late 1st rounders for the best center in the game. Without question or hesitation. Nets could win the East, if this happens, imo.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Star Platinum Hypnotiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,968

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Dwight Howard deal

    This is the same package of players that has been going around for months and nothing has ever come of it so whats different this time ?

  5. #4
    Stirring the pot _The_Future_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bloomington,IN
    Posts
    204

    Default Re: The Dwight Howard deal

    Well, if this is the case then we need to start making moves. Re-signing Hibbert is a MUST now.
    FOLLOW ME: @WarnerSays

    IU > Kentucky

    Biggest PHILLIES PHAN in Indiana

    “And as I go,I go with just a few words left to say,a few words I want to address to Colts fans everywhere, thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. I truly have enjoyed being your quarterback. Thank you.”
    - Peyton Manning

  6. #5

    Default Re: The Dwight Howard deal

    Orlando sure is in an unenviable position. They don't want Dwight and he doesn't want them, but no one is willing to really pony up for him. Houston is apparently still trying but it sure seems to me like Orlando thinks Dwight is worth way more than anyone is ready to pay. The best offer has already come and gone. It wouldn't surprise me to just see him walk next summer.

  7. #6
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,725

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Dwight Howard deal

    If this clown had kept his mouth shut last year and not signed that extension then couldn't he have outright signed here because of NJ's cap space? Instead, they are forced to gut their team for him.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  9. #7

    Default Re: The Dwight Howard deal

    Deron Williams
    Joe Johnson
    Gerald Wallace
    ?
    Dwight Howard

    So should they just go ahead and announce Billy King as Executive of the Year now or...?
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

  10. #8
    Member Smits Happens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Roswell, GA
    Posts
    314

    Default Re: The Dwight Howard deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Aw Heck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Deron Williams
    Joe Johnson
    Gerald Wallace
    ?
    Dwight Howard

    So should they just go ahead and announce Billy King as Executive of the Year now or...?
    That's something like $67 million for next season just for those four players. How would they fill out the rest of the roster?

  11. #9
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,055
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Dwight Howard deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Smits Happens View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's something like $67 million for next season just for those four players. How would they fill out the rest of the roster?
    Thing is they will have to do the trade before they sign D WIlliams or it won't happen.
    Why so SERIOUS

  12. #10
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,528

    Default Re: The Dwight Howard deal

    The Gerald Wallace thing looked to be a joke, huge mistake giving up an only top 3 protected pick, paying him 10 million a year....now it looks like a nice piece to the puzzle, really crazy.

  13. #11
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,272
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    The Nets won't win the east this year. They aren't wade and lebron, they still need more pieces, like a 4 and some bench. What are the odds Orlando doesnt want Humphries? Because I do..


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Steagles; 07-03-2012 at 08:29 AM.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  15. #12
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,987

    Default Re: The Dwight Howard deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Nets won't win the east this year. They aren't wade and lebron, they still need more pieces, like a 4 and some bench. What are the odds Orlando doesnt want Humphries? Because I do..


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    I don't in ANYWAY would want to help the Nets achieve their goal to sign Dwight, so no thanks to Humphries. And to the topic opener: you do that trade as New Jersey without a moment of hesitation. It's really a no-brainer IMHO. The question is though why Orlando would do this? Humphries and Lopez will command a good portion of their capspace aswell and they aren't in a good position salarywise as it is.

    Probably because Howard is telling every other team he is not going to sign with them. Screwed up... thats what that is IF true.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  16. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Dwight Howard deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't in ANYWAY would want to help the Nets achieve their goal to sign Dwight, so no thanks to Humphries. And to the topic opener: you do that trade as New Jersey without a moment of hesitation. It's really a no-brainer IMHO. The question is though why Orlando would do this? Humphries and Lopez will command a good portion of their capspace aswell and they aren't in a good position salarywise as it is.

    Probably because Howard is telling every other team he is not going to sign with them. Screwed up... thats what that is IF true.
    What is screwed up about that? He has the power and he should use it to go where he wants to go. If the team had the power, they would send him somewhere they wanted him to go... Howard played himself into this position and he should take advantage of it. It will be a long time before he gets there again if ever........

  17. #14

    Default Re: The Dwight Howard deal

    Please the nets are becoming my frontrunner for the heat killers next year.....

    You got Howard who can dominate bosh, Wallace can attempt to guard Lebron, wade had to guard Johnson, leaving d will to impose his will on the heats PGs! That's scary! They can have some of us on their bench and still be contenders for a ring.

  18. #15
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    3,390

    Default Re: The Dwight Howard deal

    Why do all these new Big 3 teams have to be in the Eastern conference? It kinda forces Indiana to match Hibbert (which we should). If this trade goes down, I'm all for Nash, B. Roy, Gordon, or bust.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:


  20. #16

    Default Re: The Dwight Howard deal

    If you can keep deron Williams you give virtually anything you can for Howard. The Heat, not just with Lebron but with Shaq have taught us tha given the chance to gave 2 genuine top 10 players, you have to grab it. You can fill the pieces around them later.

  21. #17
    Member Derek2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    1,580
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Dwight Howard deal

    Hmmmm. I truly hope Orlando gets close, then says **** you and trades his *** to Russia's national team for that FPS Russia guy on youtube.


    Hate seeing a petulant child like him getting his way...yet I love the NBA. Odd.

    EDIT:
    @KBergCBS
    Orlando GM Rob Hennigan also trying to engage the Hawks, Rockets, Lakers and possibly Mavs in Howard talks. Full-court press.

    @KBergCBS
    The Brooklyn scenario isn't imminent, and it isn't the only one Orlando is working on, sources say.
    Last edited by Derek2k3; 07-03-2012 at 08:53 AM.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Derek2k3 For This Useful Post:


  23. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: The Dwight Howard deal

    There are talks that AK47 was also going to the Nets, Dwill, JJ, Wallace,AK47 and Howard? damn.

  24. #19
    Game over man Willbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    194
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Dwight Howard deal

    Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

    For Nets-Magic to progress on a Dwight Howard deal, a 3rd team needed to take Kris Humphries in a sign-and-trade, league source tells Y!

    Wasnt this somebody's dream scenario?
    "He's a strong physical presence out there on both ends of the court. He's a man. There's a reason he was an All-Star." -- Vogel on David West

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Willbo For This Useful Post:


  26. #20
    Member ejwallace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    839
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Dwight Howard deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Willbo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

    For Nets-Magic to progress on a Dwight Howard deal, a 3rd team needed to take Kris Humphries in a sign-and-trade, league source tells Y!

    Wasnt this somebody's dream scenario?
    Yes please, I would love to have a Humphries....

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to ejwallace For This Useful Post:

    HC

  28. #21
    Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,266

    Default Re: The Dwight Howard deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Willbo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

    For Nets-Magic to progress on a Dwight Howard deal, a 3rd team needed to take Kris Humphries in a sign-and-trade, league source tells Y!

    Wasnt this somebody's dream scenario?
    We have the cap space to sign Humphries outright without having to give up assets in a S&T. There's no advantage to us to participate in this deal.

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:


  30. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: The Dwight Howard deal

    Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We have the cap space to sign Humphries outright without having to give up assets in a S&T. There's no advantage to us to participate in this deal.
    They will have to give us a pick for sure.

  31. #23

    Default Re: The Dwight Howard deal

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They will have to give us a pick for sure.
    But who? All of Brooklyn's next few years of first round picks are going to Orlando. Unless you want Brooklyn's 2019 first round pick. Orlando sure as hell isn't going to send any of their first round picks. A second round pick isn't going to do it either.
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

  32. #24
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,272
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Mine wilbo!


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  34. #25
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,272
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There are talks that AK47 was also going to the Nets, Dwill, JJ, Wallace,AK47 and Howard? damn.
    Really? AK47? This could work for Brooklyn.


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

Similar Threads

  1. Dwight Howard for Amare?
    By 90'sNBARocked in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-06-2012, 09:32 PM
  2. Dwight Howard
    By pacergod2 in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-04-2011, 09:12 PM
  3. Dwight Howard
    By vapacersfan in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-20-2011, 02:55 AM
  4. Dwight Howard...
    By Kid Minneapolis in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-26-2009, 02:27 PM
  5. Would you trade JO for Dwight Howard?
    By GetOdom in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-01-2006, 06:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •