Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36

Thread: Which team would you rather see take the floor?

  1. #1

    Default Which team would you rather see take the floor?

    Simple which team would you rather see take to the floor opening night this upcoming season?

    Team A:
    PG: Hill, DC, Lance
    SG: Gordon, BRoy, Orlando
    SF: Danny, PG, Dahntay
    PF: West, Tyler, Lou
    C: Kaman(or Camby), Plumlee, Oden

    Still a play off contender, and very deep which was our biggest advantage last year. We either sign Kaman or Camby in this scenario.

    Team B:

    PG: Hill, DC, Lance
    SG: PG, BRoy, Orlando
    SF: Danny, Dahntay, FA Filler
    PF: West, Tyler, Lou
    C: Hibbert, Plumlee, Oden

    Basically same team we filled last year.

    I pose this question because everyone seems upset about the Roy thing, but in reality if we can sign EG and a decent defensive minded C, we can get more scorers and be a more rounded team than last year.
    "Did we learn anything?"-Jonathan Ames

    "No, but thats okay, It's a good thing to stay in the dark about things - it keeps life more interesting."- George Christopher


  2. #2

    Default Re: Which team would you rather see take the floor?

    man just stacking team A aren't we... but realistically I think that could happen if we somehow get EJ here..... Team A all day if Camby is the center

  3. #3
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,273
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Team a... As much as I love Roy.


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  4. #4
    Member BigAndy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    22
    Posts
    73
    Mood

    Default Re: Which team would you rather see take the floor?

    I really like team A, but it would be nice if we could get a little bit of a point guard upgrade too. Having one that could distribute the ball to all those scorers would come in handy.

  5. #5
    Brian Mac_Daddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    University Heights
    Age
    28
    Posts
    569
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Which team would you rather see take the floor?

    I like how Oden and Brandon Roy are just tagged in on the end of both options... Not that I wouldn't mind having either or both (assuming they can play about 10-15 minutes a piece. Just not a whole lot of chatter regarding either.

    I'd be fine fielding either team, really. There's just no real way we'd be able to field BRoy, Hill, EJ, Kaman, West, DG, and Oden with our salary cap.


  6. #6
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,361

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Which team would you rather see take the floor?

    B because WE'RE. NOT. GETTING. ERIC. GORDON.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  8. #7

    Default Re: Which team would you rather see take the floor?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    B because WE'RE. NOT. GETTING. ERIC. GORDON.
    Is this a fact? If so please show proof.

    And see guys wouldnt be so bad to lose Roy if we could replace him with good scoring talent.
    "Did we learn anything?"-Jonathan Ames

    "No, but thats okay, It's a good thing to stay in the dark about things - it keeps life more interesting."- George Christopher


  9. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Which team would you rather see take the floor?

    Quote Originally Posted by BornReady#6 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Simple which team would you rather see take to the floor opening night this upcoming season?

    Team A:
    PG: Hill, DC, Lance
    SG: Gordon, BRoy, Orlando
    SF: Danny, PG, Dahntay
    PF: West, Tyler, Lou
    C: Kaman(or Camby), Plumlee, Oden

    Still a play off contender, and very deep which was our biggest advantage last year. We either sign Kaman or Camby in this scenario.

    Team B:

    PG: Hill, DC, Lance
    SG: PG, BRoy, Orlando
    SF: Danny, Dahntay, FA Filler
    PF: West, Tyler, Lou
    C: Hibbert, Plumlee, Oden

    Basically same team we filled last year.

    I pose this question because everyone seems upset about the Roy thing, but in reality if we can sign EG and a decent defensive minded C, we can get more scorers and be a more rounded team than last year.
    I am so tired of everyone trying to ram Gordon or Nash down our throats that I hope we never sign either player.......

  10. #9

    Default Re: Which team would you rather see take the floor?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    B because WE'RE. NOT. GETTING. ERIC. GORDON.
    Why not? If the front office wanted to go with a sign and trade route in a three team deal in which we get EJ, Portland gets Hibbert, and NO gets ???

  11. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Which team would you rather see take the floor?

    Quote Originally Posted by BornReady#6 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is this a fact? If so please show proof.

    And see guys wouldnt be so bad to lose Roy if we could replace him with good scoring talent.
    It doesn't matter if you can score if you have no interior defense and Roy's scoring inside. You would have a bunch of three point chuckers and haven't we already tried that? I agree there is no way Gordon or Nash come here. They will get better opportunities and more money elsewhere..... If we don't sign Roy, the chances of signing any free agents goes way down....

  12. #11
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,361

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Which team would you rather see take the floor?

    New Orleans will match any offer he gets.

    He is not coming. People need to get over this damn pipe dream, because it ISN'T happening.

    Even if we COULD land him, it would cost us Paul George at the VERY least.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  13. #12
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,361

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Which team would you rather see take the floor?

    Quote Originally Posted by IndyJones View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why not? If the front office wanted to go with a sign and trade route in a three team deal in which we get EJ, Portland gets Hibbert, and NO gets ???
    Once Roy signs the offer sheet, we can't even do a S+T.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  14. #13
    Pop your balloon Hitman02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    93

    Default Re: Which team would you rather see take the floor?

    Team B- I like the defense a lot more than Team A's.

  15. #14
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Which team would you rather see take the floor?

    Quote Originally Posted by BornReady#6 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is this a fact? If so please show proof.

    And see guys wouldnt be so bad to lose Roy if we could replace him with good scoring talent.
    It's not a fact that he won't be here, but it's a fact that it's extremely difficult to make it happen based on the circumstances, so to just assume that's a plan B we can make happen is a mistake. If we lose Roy, it's still really unlikely we get Gordon.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  17. #15
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,645

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Which team would you rather see take the floor?

    I think you meant for Team A to be:

    PG: Hill, DC, Lance
    SG: BRoy, Orlando, Gordon (injured)
    SF: Danny, PG, Dahntay
    PF: West, Tyler, Lou
    C: Kaman(or Camby), Plumlee, Oden (injured)

    HTH. HAND.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  19. #16

    Default Re: Which team would you rather see take the floor?

    To make some use of this thread, I'm on the verge of pretty much expecting Oden to sign here after his layoff now. Assuming Pritchard's still around next year anyway.

  20. #17
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,303

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Which team would you rather see take the floor?

    Quote Originally Posted by BornReady#6 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is this a fact? If so please show proof.

    And see guys wouldnt be so bad to lose Roy if we could replace him with good scoring talent.
    Let's go through this again.

    1. NO is matching any offer to EG, even if it's a Max. So there's that (I really wish we'd all move on) The ONLY 2 ways that Gordon comes to the Pacers is if he tells NO he absolutely doesnt want to play there, and we agree to a trade (unlikely) or Gordon signs a qualifying offer with NO, becomes an unrestricted FA NEXT YEAR, and we sign him out right. Other than those two options, WE CAN'T GET GORDON!
    2. We cant do a sign and trade once Roy (or EG for that matter) signs an offer sheet. It's not allowed. So ALL S&T idea's are a NO GO.
    3. We wouldn't have the CAP ROOM to field "team A", but it is definitely a nice fantasy team.
    4. Where is this Oden talk coming from? HE'S NOT PLAYING THIS YEAR!

    Nash isn't coming here. D-Will isn't coming here. So at this point, we either:

    1. Re-sign Roy, and hope to sign 1-2 more impactful FA's (a mix of Bass, Landry, Mayo, B. Roy, etc) and probably let G.Hill walk.

    -OR-

    2. We Re-sign G.Hill, sign someone like Kaman for 2-3 yrs (for only about 2-3 million less) and then hope to sign 1-2 other impactful FA's that are available.

    Barring a trade of DG, or DC, I don't see too many other realistic options for the Pacers to improve the roster this offseason.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  22. #18
    Brian Mac_Daddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    University Heights
    Age
    28
    Posts
    569
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Which team would you rather see take the floor?

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To make some use of this thread, I'm on the verge of pretty much expecting Oden to sign here after his layoff now. Assuming Pritchard's still around next year anyway.
    I'm still trying to make sense of how we even end up with Team A. Team B is much more logical in terms of salaries.


  23. #19
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,073

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Oden? Seriously? Oden?

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  24. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Which team would you rather see take the floor?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oden? Seriously? Oden?
    I wouldn't mind signing Oden and let him get paid while he rehabs and we carry his as out 14th player. IF he can ever play, it would be nice to have him but we do have Miles Plumlee......

  25. #21
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Which team would you rather see take the floor?

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    HTH. HAND.
    ??

  26. #22
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,273
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Which team would you rather see take the floor?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oden? Seriously? Oden?
    You have to remember he put up awesome numbers when healthy. Even at the third center for just a few minutes a game, he could contribute.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  27. #23
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,073

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Brandon Roy put up great numbers when he was healthy too....wait, that isn't helping.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  28. #24

    Default Re: Which team would you rather see take the floor?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You have to remember he put up awesome numbers when healthy. Even at the third center for just a few minutes a game, he could contribute.
    you didn't finish the sentence. contribute.... to Indy's big and tall stores

  29. #25
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,645

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Which team would you rather see take the floor?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ??
    Hope This Helps. Have A Nice Day.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Does nobody see what Dunleavy does on the floor?
    By Jon Theodore in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 11-02-2010, 11:05 AM
  2. Hibbert a floor leader?
    By DieHard in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-07-2010, 11:43 PM
  3. Pippen hits floor, helps team to victory in Finland [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-07-2008, 12:40 PM
  4. Pacers need Bender on floor
    By able in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-22-2005, 05:28 PM
  5. Kobe just got carried off the floor
    By Shade in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-14-2005, 02:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •