Thread: What If We Don't Resign Hibbert AND Hill? (Another option)

Default What If We Don't Resign Hibbert AND Hill? (Another option)

That would be a ton of money to throw at Nash and Kaman. Just throwing stuff out there. Is there anybody that would prefer Nash/Kaman over Hill/Hibbert? That would definitely be more of a short term solution and still not sure Nash would come for any amount of money.

Sports Logo

Default Re: What If We Don't Resign Hibbert AND Hill? (Another option)

I think that we'd just have to match what the Raptors are offering to have a fighting chance....$12 mil per year / 3 seasons. With that said....I think that we can match Hibbert's offer, let GH go ( yes, maddening ) and then have enough space to make a run at Nash with the same offer ( if not slightly more ) that the Raptors gave him.

However, the ideal situation would be do to offer a $12 mil per year / 3 season offer to Nash ( see if he bites ) and then match both Hibbert and GH. Is it possible to do make an offer to Nash for $12 mil per year while matching both GH and Hibbert?

I'm thinking send out Hansbrough to the Bobcats for a future 1st round pick without getting anything back?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I agree id let Hill go i have a feeling he will stop the pacers from signing any meaningful Free agency acquisition.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree id let Hill go i have a feeling he will stop the pacers from signing any meaningful Free agency acquisition.
    Although someone will have to confirm....I thought that if we end up matching a $8 mil per year offer for GH ( yes, that seems high ) and the MAX offer for Hibbert....there'd still be roughly $7 to 8 mil in CapSpace that we can spend on Free Agents....which I think can be devoted to a single FA.

On top of that...if we go after a PG or PF...we can send out DC or Hansbrough to help with the Capspace.
    Last edited by CableKC; 07-02-2012 at 02:41 AM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Although someone will have to confirm....I thought that if we end up matching a $8 mil per year offer for GH ( yes, that seems high ) and the MAX offer for Hibbert....there'd still be roughly $7 to 8 mil in CapSpace that we can spend on Free Agents....which I think can be devoted to a single FA.

On top of that...if we go after a PG or PF...we can send out DC or Hansbrough to help with the Capspace.
    Bingo... people are overacting to thinking Hibbert's contract would handcuff us... we could sign another key FA, and make trades.
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post
    Bingo... people are overacting to thinking Hibbert's contract would handcuff us... we could sign another key FA, and make trades.
    I thought the Pacers had 12 mil in cap room after Hill's 4 mil and Hibbert's 6 mil cap holds? So, if Hib gets the max and Hill gets 8, that's all our cap space. Am I right?

We could still sign up to 12 mil in free agents befire we go over the cap to sign them both if we wanted.

Right?

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I think that we'd just have to match what the Raptors are offering to have a fighting chance....$12 mil per year / 3 seasons. With that said....I think that we can match Hibbert's offer, let GH go ( yes, maddening ) and then have enough space to make a run at Nash with the same offer ( if not slightly more ) that the Raptors gave him.

However, the ideal situation would be do to offer a $12 mil per year / 3 season offer to Nash ( see if he bites ) and then match both Hibbert and GH. Is it possible to do make an offer to Nash for $12 mil per year while matching both GH and Hibbert?

I'm thinking send out Hansbrough to the Bobcats for a future 1st round pick without getting anything back?
    I would much rather have GH signed to a long term contract at $8 million than having an aging and declining Nash for $12 million. Nash would be a year or two bandaid. Hill could be part of the team for years to come and he can play two positions.......

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    I would much rather have GH signed to a long term contract at $8 million than having an aging and declining Nash for $12 million. Nash would be a year or two bandaid. Hill could be part of the team for years to come and he can play two positions.......
    I definitely agree. And to add to that, our style of play does not play to Nash's strengths. He needs to go to a fast paced team that places little emphasis on defense, or post play. He was at his best when he played with 3 other 3pt shooters, and Amare in the Pick N Roll. These ARE NOT strengths of the Pacers.

Would he help our offense for 2 or 3 years? Yes, but we would have to completely overhaul our offensive system, change our defensive principles, and those system changes don't play to the strengths of our personnel.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

I'm not sure where to post this, but a player that is a UFA to no one has mentioned is Camby. I realize he's long in the tooth, but he could be used as a filler replacement for Hibbert until something better is gotten. He rebs, blocks shots, plays "D", and can get you some points. I can't imagine his cost is going to be that high. He can tutor Plumlee as well.

He'd be good as just a b/u C who can give you rebs, "D", and patrolling the paint. Something to consider.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We don't resign either so we can throw money at Old, Ancient, and/or Moses, then I lead the torch and pitchfork mob towards BLFH.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    We don't resign either so we can throw money at Old, Ancient, and/or Moses, then I lead the torch and pitchfork mob towards BLFH.

I never expected some to be enthralled with the idea. Your view is duely noted. Although you might want to do some checking b4 you make a comment about age, it helps.

011-012 season stats

Camby in 24 MPG ... 9 rebs... 1.8 BS

Hibbert in 30 MPG ... 8.8 rebs... 1.7 BS

This in 5+ min less than Hibbert. He'd be the top rebounder and shot blocker on the Pacers last year AND 12 years older than Hibbert!

I guess you missed the part of him being signed as a b/u too? Is your idea of a rookie who has never laced up his sneakes on a NBA court the ideal b/u C? Or maybe you like often injured Pendergraph better.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have a real hard time thinking we should throw money at players who are OLDER than our head coach, hence Old (Kaman), Ancient (Nash), and/or Moses (Camby). (And yes, I know Nash and Camby are the same age, I had to differentiate).
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

So we're just assuming Kaman and/or Nash and/or Camby want to play in Indiana above all other possibilities for them? Particularly with Roy gone? Really? Really.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post: