Thread: I tell myself Portland's max offer is still 4M a year less than what we paid JO in 2003

Default I tell myself Portland's max offer is still 4M a year less than what we paid JO in 2003

At the very least, it helps me get to sleep at night.
    "Reggie Miller is the hardest player to guard." --Kobe Bryant

"Playing Reggie Miller drives me nuts. It's like chicken-fighting with a woman." --Michael Jordan

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: I tell myself Portland's max offer is still 4M a year less than what we paid JO in 2003

Roy Hibbert isn't nearly as good as JO was when he signed that contract.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Default Re: I tell myself Portland's max offer is still 4M a year less than what we paid JO in 2003

Nice comparison, except...
    JO avged 19/10.5/2.3 and 20.8/10.3/2.3 before he got his contract, was a 2 times all-star, I think won MIP too, was great during the playoffs (22.8/17.5/3 !!!!!!!!!!!) was a young, rising legit franchise player.
    Hibbert.. 12.7/7.5/1.8 and 12.8/8.8/2. One time all-star. Legit franchise player?..

Even if you don't look at stats, JO was something special. He had a combination of size, athleticism and shooting that big guys dream about. JO was dominating, on both ends.
    Hibbert is... Hibbert. An above average center that has decent production but plays limited minutes because of conditioning.

I'd gladly take prime JO with his horrid contract all-over again then have Hibbert maxed. At least we would be legit contenders with no cap space. Better than pretenders with no cap space.
    Last edited by yoadknux; 07-02-2012 at 09:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Piston Prince
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
    "Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time"

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yoadknux For This Useful Post:

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

That's not a fair comparison IF only because the max JO would receive today, in the same circumstances, would be different then what he received back in 2003 and thus the max Roy would receive today is also vastly different then what he would have received if it were 2003 with the same circumstances as today.

Either way I think we have to match. I see it as big, but not franchise crippling huge not too mention Roy gives us an advantage at a position over atleast 70% of the other teams, also the position hardest to fill with quality players.

Now Hill and his (probably) 8+ million $ request... that's an entirely differen matter IMHO.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nice comparison, except...
    JO avged 19/10.5/2.3 and 20.8/10.3/2.3 before he got his contract, was a 2 times all-star, I think won MIP too, was great during the playoffs (22.8/17.5/3 !!!!!!!!!!!) was a young, rising legit franchise player.
    Hibbert.. 12.7/7.5/1.8 and 12.8/8.8/2. One time all-star. Legit franchise player?..

Even if you don't look at stats, JO was something special. He had a combination of size, athleticism and shooting that big guys dream about. JO was dominating, on both ends.
    Hibbert is... Hibbert. An above average center that has decent production but plays limited minutes because of conditioning.

I'd gladly take prime JO with his horrid contract all-over again then have Hibbert maxed. At least we would be legit contenders with no cap space. Better than pretenders with no cap space.
    Great post!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but overall it equals out to around nearly 70 million, and three years less than JO was guaranteed.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to clicky2 For This Useful Post: