Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 91

Thread: Hibbert not loyal ? "Leaning toward signing with the blazers if he had the choice ?"

  1. #51
    Member *astrisk*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    484
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hibbert not loyal ? "Leaning toward signing with the blazers if he had the choice ?"

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You really should have a look at Portland's roster.
    I have... It's LMA (all-Star).. Wes Matthews (Solid).. Rookie PG Lillard (Questions whether he can score against NBA Players... Hell, D1 Players are valid)... and 7 Free Agents

    Batum, I would say is solid, but even he is considered over-rated and inconsistent by many accounts (Like Hibbert)and his tenure in Portland is being seriously questioned. Especially if the Hibbert deal goes on past July 11th.

    The addition of Hibbert may make them contenders for a Playoff Spot. But they are not title contenders for ATLEAST 3 years...

    OH, and does anyone want to argue that Roy isn't gonna get his lunch EATEN, NIGHTLY by Western Conference Centers? If he goes over there, he has played in his last All-Star Game...

  2. #52
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,069

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Portland has Lamarcus Aldridge. Even with just he and Roy, that wouldn't be a rebuild. You could fill out the roster with role players and still make the playoffs.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  3. #53

    Default Re: Hibbert not loyal ? "Leaning toward signing with the blazers if he had the choice ?"

    Old-timers will remember a free agent Reggie Miller remarking how he was very impressed after being wined and dined by, of all people, the New York Knicks.

    Some things are leaked for leverage purposes.

    I think that this one will end in a similar fashion, with Roy and Area 55 staying in Indy
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:


  5. #54
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Hibbert not loyal ? "Leaning toward signing with the blazers if he had the choice ?"

    Quote Originally Posted by *astrisk* View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The addition of Hibbert may make them contenders for a Playoff Spot. But they are not title contenders for ATLEAST 3 years...
    There's a difference between not winning titles and rebuilding.
    The way you are using 'rebuilding', we are rebuilding too.
    If the Blazers get Roy, they'd have 2 All Stars, 2 solid starters, a high lotto rookie, a few decent bench guys and could potentially add another ~midlevel piece this year (or resign Hickson). On top of that, there's upside in that roster going forward. It's a very exciting situation, especially for someone like Roy for whom Aldridge would be the perfect frontcourt partner.

  6. #55
    Member *astrisk*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    484
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hibbert not loyal ? "Leaning toward signing with the blazers if he had the choice ?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Portland has Lamarcus Aldridge. Even with just he and Roy, that wouldn't be a rebuild. You could fill out the roster with role players and still make the playoffs.
    C'mon KStat. You are not serious... An arguement could be made that they would still be the WORST team in the Northwest Division. Thunder, Nuggets, Jazz, T-Wolves?

  7. #56
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,069

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    If you have two all stars up front, filling out your roster becomes extremely easy.

    All star C + all star PF= playoffs.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  8. #57
    Get well PG! QuickRelease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,769

    Default Re: Hibbert not loyal ? "Leaning toward signing with the blazers if he had the choice ?"

    Any chance Bill Walton played up Portland to Roy?

  9. #58
    Member *astrisk*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    484
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hibbert not loyal ? "Leaning toward signing with the blazers if he had the choice ?"

    Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's a difference between not being title contenders and rebuilding.
    The way you are using 'rebuilding', we are rebuilding too.
    If the Blazers get Roy, they'd have 2 All Stars, 2 solid starters, a high lotto rookie, a few decent bench guys and could potentially add another ~midlevel piece this year (or resign Hickson). On top of that, there's upside in that roster going forward. It's a very exciting situation, especially for someone like Roy for whom Aldridge would be the perfect frontcourt partner.
    I never said that they didn't have some tools... Hell, I might have all the bricks on my lot, but no house and still be rebuilding... It took the Heat 2 years to win a title with 3 great players... LaMarcus is great teamate. But, lets not be ridiculous...

  10. #59
    Member *astrisk*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    484
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hibbert not loyal ? "Leaning toward signing with the blazers if he had the choice ?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you have two all stars up front, filling out your roster becomes extremely easy.

    All star C + all star PF= playoffs.
    Roy, NOT AN ALL-STAR in the West!!!

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to *astrisk* For This Useful Post:


  12. #60

    Default Re: Hibbert not loyal ? "Leaning toward signing with the blazers if he had the choice ?"

    The addition of Hibbert may make them contenders for a Playoff Spot. But they are not title contenders for ATLEAST 3 years...

    OH, and does anyone want to argue that Roy isn't gonna get his lunch EATEN, NIGHTLY by Western Conference Centers? If he goes over there, he has played in his last All-Star Game...
    Both great points, not to mention how far he would be from DC and Gtown.
    "Did we learn anything?"-Jonathan Ames

    "No, but thats okay, It's a good thing to stay in the dark about things - it keeps life more interesting."- George Christopher


  13. #61
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,069

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Right. There's just no way Hibbert would make the all star team in the west over the immortal Marc Gasol!

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  14. #62
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,960

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hibbert not loyal ? "Leaning toward signing with the blazers if he had the choice ?"

    It's just posturing by his agent I wouldn't take it personally.

  15. #63
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Hibbert not loyal ? "Leaning toward signing with the blazers if he had the choice ?"

    Quote Originally Posted by *astrisk* View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I never said that they didn't have some tools... Hell, I might have all the bricks on my lot, but no house and still be rebuilding... It took the Heat 2 years to win a title with 3 great players... LaMarcus is great teamate. But, lets not be ridiculous...
    you are all over the place. first you say it's not a favorable situation for Roy and they'll be rebuilding. then you turn it into "they won't win a title soon". Noone is pegging them as a title favorite. Your initial point made no sense though.

  16. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hibbert not loyal ? "Leaning toward signing with the blazers if he had the choice ?"

    Quote Originally Posted by *astrisk* View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Roy, NOT AN ALL-STAR in the West!!!
    He isn't an All Star in the East either unless someone is injured. Players get injured in the West too......

  17. #65
    Member *astrisk*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    484
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hibbert not loyal ? "Leaning toward signing with the blazers if he had the choice ?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Right. There's just no way Hibbert would make the all star team in the west over the immortal Marc Gasol!
    To quote your #1 fan Ballism from a few days ago...

    "Anyway, the Western conference would be incredible. Most of the teams would have a great center. Howard, Bynum, Cousins, Bogut, two Gasols, Duncan, Anthony Davis, Al Jefferson, Gortat, Pekovic...."--- Ballism (about the possibility of Howard to Houston)

    Hibbert not as good as atleast 4 or 5 of those...

  18. #66
    Plumlee Fan Jeremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    153
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hibbert not loyal ? "Leaning toward signing with the blazers if he had the choice ?"

    I'll believe it when I hear it from him.

  19. #67
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,069

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    ...which 4 or 5 centers is hibbert clearly below?

    Keeping in mind, pau gasol is not a center.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  20. #68
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,960

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hibbert not loyal ? "Leaning toward signing with the blazers if he had the choice ?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...which 4 or 5 centers is hibbert clearly below?

    Keeping in mind, pau gasol is not a center.
    Dwight Howard.

    And I think you could make the case for any of Marc Gasol, Andrew Bynum, Tyson Chandler, and DeMarcus Cousins. But point taken.

  21. #69
    Member *astrisk*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    484
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hibbert not loyal ? "Leaning toward signing with the blazers if he had the choice ?"

    Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you are all over the place. first you say it's not a favorable situation for Roy and they'll be rebuilding. then you turn it into "they won't win a title soon". Noone is pegging them as a title favorite. Your initial point made no sense though.
    It's not favorable to go from Pacers= potential title contenders, this year... to Blazers= rebuilding the next 3...

    No one is pegging them as title favorites.. Never said they were. I also NEVER said they would win one soon. I said they wouldnt even compete for one for ATLEAST 3 years.

    Ballism, stop hating on my posts buddy. I've been very consistent

  22. #70
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Hibbert not loyal ? "Leaning toward signing with the blazers if he had the choice ?"

    Quote Originally Posted by *astrisk* View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To quote your #1 fan Ballism from a few days ago...
    shall we be childish now?

    Quote Originally Posted by *astrisk* View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not favorable to go from Pacers= potential title contenders, this year... to Blazers= rebuilding the next 3...
    and i said that the Blazers wouldn't be rebuilding.

    Quote Originally Posted by *astrisk* View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I also NEVER said they would win one soon.
    Nor did I say you were.

  23. #71
    Member *astrisk*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    484
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hibbert not loyal ? "Leaning toward signing with the blazers if he had the choice ?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...which 4 or 5 centers is hibbert clearly below?

    Keeping in mind, pau gasol is not a center.
    K-Stat, Nice try... I never said "Clearly Below" when referring to Centers in the West...

    But, Hibbert is NOT as good as Bynum, Cousins, Marc Gasol, Al Jefferson and probably even Tim Duncan... and for the purpose of consistency, you can add Howard to that list... Because of the list I gave and my comment immediately following.

  24. #72
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Hibbert not loyal ? "Leaning toward signing with the blazers if he had the choice ?"

    Not sure what Howard has to do with it, he's not in the West as of yet.

    I don't consider Hibbert a clear All Star in either conference, nor is he certain to miss it. He's a marginal All Star. But Aldridge is a better player than anyone on the Pacers roster, and his defensive and offensive strengths happen to coincide with Roy's weaknesses. It would also be a deep team with a legitimate starter at every spot and enough flexibility to add a bench. They wouldn't be a rebuilding team by any reasonable definition.

  25. #73
    Member *astrisk*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    484
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hibbert not loyal ? "Leaning toward signing with the blazers if he had the choice ?"

    Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure what Howard has to do with it, he's not in the West as of yet.

    I don't consider Hibbert a clear All Star in either conference, nor is he certain to miss it. He's a marginal All Star. But Aldridge is a better player than anyone on the Pacers roster, and his defensive and offensive strengths happen to coincide with Roy's weaknesses. It would also be a deep team with a legitimate starter at every spot and enough flexibility to add a bench. They wouldn't be a rebuilding team by any reasonable definition.
    "Anyway, the Western conference would be incredible. Most of the teams would have a great center. Howard, Bynum, Cousins, Bogut, two Gasols, Duncan, Anthony Davis, Al Jefferson, Gortat, Pekovic...."--- Ballism (about the possibility of Howard to Houston)

    It's cool man... Who's inconsistent now?

  26. #74
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Hibbert not loyal ? "Leaning toward signing with the blazers if he had the choice ?"

    Quote Originally Posted by *astrisk* View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "Anyway, the Western conference would be incredible. Most of the teams would have a great center. Howard, Bynum, Cousins, Bogut, two Gasols, Duncan, Anthony Davis, Al Jefferson, Gortat, Pekovic...."--- Ballism (about the possibility of Howard to Houston)

    It's cool man... Who's inconsistent now?
    but Howard is not in Houston...
    Last edited by ballism; 07-02-2012 at 11:16 AM. Reason: grammar

  27. #75
    Member *astrisk*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    484
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hibbert not loyal ? "Leaning toward signing with the blazers if he had the choice ?"

    Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    but Howard is not in Houston...
    and? What is your point? It was your comment, dude... You can say what you want to about Howard not being in Houston... Doesn't change what you said about most of the teams in the WEST having GREAT Centers...

    Ballism, just stop... You can't talk your way out of this one..

Similar Threads

  1. Hibbert: "Something about Noah justs gets under my skin"
    By Steagles in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 03-09-2012, 03:15 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-18-2012, 10:54 AM
  3. Who would you be loyal to?
    By El Pacero in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 10-17-2011, 11:29 AM
  4. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-13-2011, 03:50 PM
  5. Should we "Brook Lopez" Roy Hibbert?
    By Thesterovic in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-31-2009, 08:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •