Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32

Thread: Pacers talking to Asik?

  1. #1

    Default Pacers talking to Asik?

    No link, but maybe someone on Twitter could veriify this.

    Hoopshype.com says that per Mike Wells' Twitter, the Pacers have reached out to Asik.

    His per 36 rebounding numbers are nice, though he's not much of a scorer.

  2. #2
    can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,352

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers talking to Asik?

    https://twitter.com/MikeWellsNBA/sta...88326036623361
    The Pacers are already looking at other options at center. They've reached to out Omer Asik, who was with Chicago last season
    http://sulia.com/channel/nba-free-ag...source=twitter
    No, that does not mean the Pacers won't match Portland's offer to Hibbert. Time will tell on that. Pritchard and Walsh are just doing their job.
    Don't want Roy at the max? Asik at 8+ million would just be so much fun.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Pacers talking to Asik?

    i'd assume just due diligence.

    i'm surprised that everything is getting to the press though, what a change in management style.

    maybe it's intentional? maybe this is Pritch telling Portland: "think before you offer Roy the max, because you are likely to end up paying it".

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to ballism For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers talking to Asik?

    I'd take Asik at 8 mil and try a S&T with Hill and Hibbert for Lillard.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  7. #5
    can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,352

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers talking to Asik?

    We also "reached out" to Jamal Crawford.

    Gross.

  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  9. #6
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Pacers talking to Asik?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd take Asik at 8 mil and try a S&T with DC and Hibbert for Lillard.
    i fear it would be one of those 'good job, good effort' moments. Way too pricy for a SnT.

  10. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,857
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers talking to Asik?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd take Asik at 8 mil and try a S&T with Hill and Hibbert for Lillard.
    Neil Olshey and Paul Allen laugh you off the phone with that offer. No way they trade Lillard.

  11. #8
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers talking to Asik?

    Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i fear it would be one of those 'good job, good effort' moments. Way too pricy for a SnT.
    I'd up it to include a future first and swap DC in for Hill if they wanted.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  12. #9
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers talking to Asik?

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Neil Olshey and Paul Allen laugh you off the phone with that offer. No way they trade Lillard.
    Again we don't have to do the S&T we could just match. Which I would prefer.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  13. #10

    Default Re: Pacers talking to Asik?

    Just thinking here, but is it possible to get Nash, Mayo, and a bruising Center for similar money that would be paid to Roy?
    I am not familiar with Asik but he rebounds well for limited minutes and shouldnt be that expensive.
    Personally, I would rather get bigs who protect the paint and rebound while the offense comes from the wings and point. OKC has a similar style which I really like.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to troyc11a For This Useful Post:


  15. #11
    Smooth tadscout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Greenfield
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,838
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers talking to Asik?

    Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i'd assume just due diligence.

    i'm surprised that everything is getting to the press though, what a change in management style.

    maybe it's intentional? maybe this is Pritch telling Portland: "think before you offer Roy the max, because you are likely to end up paying it".
    It is due diligence...

    The press leaks are probably at least 90% agents... our FO can't control what agents do.
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

  16. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers talking to Asik?

    Asik and Plumlee? Please kill me now !!!

  17. #13
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Pacers talking to Asik?

    Quote Originally Posted by troyc11a View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just thinking here, but is it possible to get Nash, Mayo, and a bruising Center for similar money that would be paid to Roy?
    I am not familiar with Asik but he rebounds well for limited minutes and shouldnt be that expensive.
    Personally, I would rather get bigs who protect the paint and rebound while the offense comes from the wings and point. OKC has a similar style which I really like.
    no. if we let Roy go, it only saves us ~5 mil of cap. it's basically Roy or a midlevel player.

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ballism For This Useful Post:


  19. #14

    Default Re: Pacers talking to Asik?

    Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    no. if we let Roy go, it only saves us ~5 mil of cap. it's basically Roy or a midlevel player.
    Ok, is that because Roy has "Bird" rights? I mean 15 mill a year is a far cry from the $5 mill you just mentioned.

  20. #15
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Pacers talking to Asik?

    Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is due diligence...

    The press leaks are probably at least 90% agents... our FO can't control what agents do.
    well, you can just ask the agent to keep it low profile. they aren't obliged to listen, and the players themselves are chatty, but I'd guess you can limit the chatter.
    but maybe the FO is more than fine with it. soon the Pacers will be getting more press than both NY teams combined, lol.

  21. #16
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Pacers talking to Asik?

    Quote Originally Posted by troyc11a View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok, is that because Roy has "Bird" rights? I mean 15 mill a year is a far cry from the $5 mill you just mentioned.
    yes, that, combined with his very low rookie salary. The NBA "assumes" Roy is only going get 5 mil via his Bird rights because he was paid so little before. So he only counts for 5 mil until he gets resigned.

  22. #17

    Default Re: Pacers talking to Asik?

    Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yes, that, combined with his very low rookie salary. The NBA "assumes" Roy is only going get 5 mil via his Bird rights because he was paid so little before. So he only counts for 5 mil until he gets resigned.
    But that 15mill per year would still be spent right? So theoretically the team could add more pieces if Roy left!

  23. #18
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Pacers talking to Asik?

    Quote Originally Posted by troyc11a View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But that 15mill per year would still be spent right? So theoretically the team could add more pieces if Roy left!
    well, yes, but only over several years, via exceptions or trades.

  24. #19
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,957

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers talking to Asik?

    Just pay Roy. Asik's a nice player, but at that price, you might as well just pay Hibbert.

  25. #20

    Default Re: Pacers talking to Asik?

    We could match Hibbert, and trade him to NO for Gordon... ?
    Removed link to my website after a PM from Able.

  26. #21

    Default Re: Pacers talking to Asik?

    One word: Leverage

    Kevin Pritchard is a shrewd basketball mind who wants to win. He will do what needs to be done. This is why Larry only left after Pritchard was here for sure.

    Donnie is good but he's just too old to be doing all these different angles and we know how he works. Pritchard has his hands all over this offseason and I for one am very happy. Also, if Larry is having his back surgery as planned, all this traveling, etc would be a lot for him to handle.

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacerfan For This Useful Post:


  28. #22

    Default Re: Pacers talking to Asik?

    Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just pay Roy. Asik's a nice player, but at that price, you might as well just pay Hibbert.
    At what price are you referring? Asik is not worth anywhere near what Roy is. Asik is about 3-4mill a year player. If he can get $8-9 mill yearly then he should get it somewhere else. I would rather overpay for Roy than a stiff.

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to troyc11a For This Useful Post:


  30. #23
    Parachromis HC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hartford City
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,804
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers talking to Asik?

    I'd way rather have Humphries.
    "No one else can see the preservation of the martyr in me" -- Corey Taylor

  31. #24
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,215

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers talking to Asik?

    Quote Originally Posted by notque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We could match Hibbert, and trade him to NO for Gordon... ?
    Per the new CBA, We can't do that for six months, or until right before the trade deadline. (Like with Nene last yr when he was traded to WSH)

  32. #25
    Member granger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    378

    Default Re: Pacers talking to Asik?

    I m telling you all guys, as Turk, who has been watching Asik for long time since he become Pro in our league, his defence far far superior then Roy obviously (man,help,pNr whatever). But also he is better then Roy those aspects; team player, doesnt ***** doesnt moan whatever the role he given, protect the rim whoever attacking, non-stop motor, agile, quick.. I know Bulls fans crying like, he doesnt have offence waa why Rockets offering that much money to him waa, but he actualy as a guy who start playing ball later then everybody, he made some nice improvment on his touch around basket and has couple of go to post moves. But they never give him ball on Bulls, I belive they just want to show him as limited rim protector, but as you see there are some clever scouts and GM's in this league. He is gona worth every penny.

Similar Threads

  1. Scalabrine takes Asik's spot for Bulls in Game 5 [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-26-2011, 08:10 PM
  2. Source: Bulls' Asik (leg) likely done for season [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-25-2011, 12:30 PM
  3. No shootaround: Bulls' Asik (leg) game-time call [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-24-2011, 12:50 PM
  4. Bulls' Asik day to day with muscle injury in leg [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-23-2011, 02:50 PM
  5. OTL talking Pacers
    By pwee31 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 06:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •