View Poll Results: DRAFT ORDER METHOD?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Current

3 30.00%
  • NBA Style

7 70.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Season Summary and League Update - Summer Trading has begun! 8-Man Rosters also due!

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Season Summary and League Update - Summer Trading has begun! 8-Man Rosters also due!

ok guys, i apologise for not having everyone keep the deadline for sending in the protected lists (also for having the deadline so early).

usually, you CANNOT make a trade for an unprotected player as they effectively become part of the draft pool as soon as everyone's protected rosters are finalised.

however, in past seasons we have allowed people to modify their protected lists if it was before the deadline. since not everyone has submitted by the deadline it pretty much has become worthless.

so, this is what i'm going to do.

i will consider this a trade that occured before the submission of the protected list.

JS will have 11 players after this trade, and he still can submit 8 protected players.

mourning will now have 13 players before he submits his protected list. he still can only protect 8. he also does not have his second rounder, so he cannot protect 10 players (or more) unless he regains a second round pick somewhere. he can, however, keep 9 by forfeiting his first round draft pick.

after seeing this, JS and mourning, PM me regarding whether you want to continue with the trade or not.

obviously this highlights an important tactic: it is usually not worth it to trade for a player for just a pick during the summer before the protected list as it means you have to cut an extra player.

giving away a pick for a player during the season just means you can drop somebody else from your 12-man roster, which is fine.
    giving away a pick for a player during the draft is also ok as you can keep 13 players until the first game deadline date (then sports.ws automatically drops your 13th player)
    giving away a pick for a player after the protected list deadline and before the draft is also fine, you do not always necessarily go into the draft with exactly 8 players.

again, my apologies for not enforcing the previous deadline (some people either don't check their PMs or are really busy i guess). the new protected list deadline will be August 1, so trading can continue until that date.

also ken (and others who have not), could you submit your list please? thank you!
    Last edited by Frostwolf; 07-18-2012 at 02:05 AM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Season Summary and League Update - Summer Trading has begun! 8-Man Rosters also due!

ACTUALLY, i have thought of another way.

JS and mourning can hold off on this trade until AFTER the protected list deadline.

however, this requires JS to have beasley in his original 8-man roster (so he has to submit a new one). so he ends up with 7 players (and 5 picks), mourning has 9 players (and 3 picks) going into the draft.

PM me and tell me how you want to proceed.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

CHINA GROVE CHIPOODLES
    Brook Lopez
    Channing Frye
    Jonas Valancianas
    Landry Fields
    Chase Budinger
    Darren Collison
    Norris Cole
    Greivis Vasquez

Unprotected
    Carl Landry
    Amir Johnson
    Corey Brewer
    Patrick Patterson

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

HOOPSTOWN HOOPSTERS (diamonddave00)

Protect
    Andrew Bynum
    Tyson Chandler
    Chris Bosh
    Tyreke Evans
    Zach Randolph
    Devin Harris
    Arron Afflalo
    Wilson Chandler

Unprotected
    Jameer Nelson
    Glen Davis
    Jermaine O’Neal
    Dorell Wright

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Definitive list for the Utrecht Lions.

Protected:
    DeMarcus Cousins
    Drew Gooden
    Brandan Wright
    Kyrie Irving
    Ramon Sessions
    Evan Turner
    O.J. Mayo
    Michael Beasley

unprotected
    A.J. Price
    Timofey Mozgov
    Lavoy Allen
    Sebastian Telfair
    Samuel Dalembert
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Philadelphia Clown Babies

Greg Monroe
    Anderson Varejao
    Andrea Bargnani
    David West
    Danny Granger
    Marshon Brooks
    Brandon Knight
    Eric Bledsoe

Gone, but not forgotten:

Mo Williams
    Reggie Jackson
    Jason Richardson
    Gilbert Arenas

Whats the latest on the IKL?

We gonna have a season or are all three leagues going belly up at the same time?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

sorry guys, i've been really busy moving to the US and getting ready for the start of the semester.

currently i have 5 owners that have not replied to my PMs or in some cases even checked into PD for a while.

so i have no idea how to proceed, because finding 5 new owners will be extremely difficult at this stage.

think we should shrink with the people who are remaining?

perhaps we could merge the owners from the AKL and IKL and start over? because i don't see a new commish coming for the AKL either.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostwolf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    sorry guys, i've been really busy moving to the US and getting ready for the start of the semester.

currently i have 5 owners that have not replied to my PMs or in some cases even checked into PD for a while.

so i have no idea how to proceed, because finding 5 new owners will be extremely difficult at this stage.

think we should shrink with the people who are remaining?

perhaps we could merge the owners from the AKL and IKL and start over? because i don't see a new commish coming for the AKL either.
    I offered to help in anyway, be it commish or whatever, but I'd be for a merger/start over if thats what it all dictates. I really just want to play! Especially in a keeper league since the stakes are higher.

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

yea I hope we can atleast have 1 keeper league going - really love that style

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bellisimo For This Useful Post:

streets ahead

If we merge, which one of us gets to be Fantasy Ozzie Silna?

Both my teams suck, I'd be all for getting in from the ground up on a single solid keeper league. With that said, I'l ride both teams to last place without complaint in hopes of rebuilding. So either way.

Someone needs to create a league on the site to see how many owners sign up. Then try to get owners from the other league to take over the teams without owners.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

alright, i've made a league.

search for the "Unified Keeper League"

password is pacersdigest.

we'll see how many we can get, and if we don't get enough we'll invite the owners from the AKL who don't have an IKL team to just join this new one.

I'm in.

Sports Logo

I'm in too. I enjoyed building this young core and looked forward to watching them grow, so I would be in favor of a trimming down and releasing the unowned teams' players into the free agent pool before a merge and a start from scratch, but at this point I'd be down for anything that lets us play this season.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Kuq_e_Zi91 For This Useful Post:

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

I'm in - maybe we should make a new thread about this to announce the league sign up?

Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm in - maybe we should make a new thread about this to announce the league sign up?
    Its a great idea, to drum up interest. Or if we can put together a list of posters who have had staying power on PD, that aren't already in? Heisenberg is a consistent contributor.

Dutch Pacers Fan

Where's my team gone?
    yay, we're going back to the play-offs!

REDBULL INTERNATIONALS (GO!!!!!)

Returning Veterans

Roy Hibbert
    Dwight Howard
    Monta Ellis
    Isaiah Thomas
    Paul Pierce
    Antawn Jamison
    Gustavo Ayon
    Jason Thompson

Free Agents

Baron Davis
    Semih Erden
    Xavier Henry
    Walker Russell

Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...