Page 40 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1305

Thread: Portland offers Roy max (via Sam Amick)

Default Re: Portland offers Roy max (via Sam Amick)

I just cleared this up with Wells. He made it 100% clear: Roy has decided to sign Portland's offer sheet.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Also, I was informed by someone with PS&E that Conrad no longer works for them. So there's that.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just cleared this up with Wells. He made it 100% clear: Roy has decided to sign Portland's offer sheet.
    Apparently I have been on everyone's ignore for 4 days.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

I need a six day break from this site.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rexnom For This Useful Post:

Mike Wells ‏@MikeWellsNBA
    @SMosley21: gut reaction, do you think Indy matches? (No)

If Wells/Conrad think Roy is gone, I think he's gone. But if he is gone we better not sit on our a$$ and only sign Kaman. If Hibbert walks sign Bass,Kaman and Mayo or Lee

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

I posted this in the Conrad thread, thought it might help in this thread.

Centers - Okur, Thabeet, Oden are all gone.
    PF - JJ Hickson was not extended his QO, so he is gone.
    SF - Nic Batum is prolly going to the Wolves, he, like Gordon, has made it clear that he doesn't want to return to Portland and he wants to play for the Wolves.
    SG - Jamal Crawford is walking, he opted out.
    PG - Raymond Felton is gone, he may end up in NY, but he wont be back to the Blaze. Jonny Flynn was not extended his QO, so he is gone.

Blazers have
    PG - Lillard - rookie scale
    G - Nolan Smith 1.3mil., Elliot Williams 1.4mil.
    SG - Mathews 6.5mil., Will Barton - rookie scale
    SF - Luke Babbit 1.9mil.
    PF - LA - 14mil., Shawne Williams opted in for 3.1mil., It is possible Blazers might do a buy out on Williams.
    C - Kurt Thomas 1.3mil., Meyers Leonard - rookie scale

Blazers are under 30mil not including Rookie Contracts and Nic Batum.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

If they don't match Roy, anyone got numbers on how much they'd have to spend? Counting the GHill money we now know about?

Sorry if its been posted and I missed it.

If the Pacers are going to deliberately downgrade their center position by not matching Roy, they sure as hell better be doing it to seriously upgrade another position. That's the only way I can justify not matching Roy. And even then, I will still be pissed.

Looking out at the free agent landscape, I don't see how they do that.
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aw Heck For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

36mil in salaries not including Hibbert, Hill and Plumlee. Hill and Plumlee could be signed after FA's if Pacers where to go over the cap.

if cap is 58mil, it leaves 22mil to spend before Hill and Plumlee. Pacers could go over the cap and stay under Luxury tax level. Not sure what Luxury Tax amount is? Something like 70 mil?
    Last edited by Pacer Fan; 07-05-2012 at 12:53 PM.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Aw Heck View Post
    If the Pacers are going to deliberately downgrade their center position by not matching Roy, they sure as hell better be doing it to seriously upgrade another position. That's the only way I can justify not matching Roy. And even then, I will still be pissed.

Yeah. If they aren't going to match Roy, why the heck have they not done anything else?

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He's not coming back to Indiana. There's just too much specualtion right now. If Indy were going to match, they would have announced it. Maybe we can get a couple of late 1st round picks for Roy. We are going to suck next year and the year after that and the year after that.
    Last edited by Pacersalltheway10; 07-05-2012 at 12:58 PM.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    “@SMosley21: gut reaction, do you think Indy matches?” (No)

If Wells/Conrad think Roy is gone, I think he's gone. But if he is gone we better not sit on our a$$ and only sign Kaman. If Hibbert walks sign Bass,Kaman and Mayo or Lee
    IF he's gone then I have big beef with how our FO handled this. I think it was pretty obvious to almost anyone that he was going to get a max offer. The FO had to know that aswell... IF they didn't want to go that way why the hell didn't they trade him before the trade deadline and get back something.

Also IF we get back Bass, Kaman and/or Lee this summer with Roy gone I will puke. You lost a MAJOR asset and you get back some middle talent guys without much growth. IF they let Roy go they better get somebody really good back aswell, but that's going to cost us a lot in a trade aswell (Im not counting on us ever attracting a top notch FA).... Just sign the dude!
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Mourning For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

This is what I have been saying for the longest time....if Hibbert is switched out with Kaman...with the $2.5 to 4.5 mil in Cap Savings....they better be using it to do something.

But honestly, my faith in this FO is so low right now....I can see them letting Hibbert go, overpay Kaman somehow, and then go after a Wing Player ( Lee, Delfino or BRoy ), a Frontcourt Player ( maybe Bass if we are lucky ) and a cheap 3rd string PG.

The only way that I would be ( in anyway ) somewhat optimistic about letting Hibbert go would be if we sign Kaman for $10 mil a year for 3 years, sign BRoy and Bass, trade Hansbrough for some future pick and than pickup some young prospect PG ( maybe Reggie Hamilton ) for cheap.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

That's Wells' gut reaction. Not encouraging, but still. He doesn't seem to be right half the time anyway. Based on everything the front office said, I'll still be surprised if we don't match. I'll wait until something actually happens to pass judgment or panic.

I don't really get why we wouldn't just match, even though Kaman is a solid C, he isn't helping us progress in the coming years. I wonder if we have any trades we're working on? Wasn't Tyreke Evans available? He's averaged about 19/5/5 for his career. Can't shoot from outside, but he can get to the rim and that's what we need. Maybe he'd be a nice fit. I know Larry used to like him.

It will be a sad day in Indy when/if Roy leaves. This would be 100x worse than letting Brad Miller walk. Even if they bring in an all star at some other position, it will still hurt. Roy is the heart and soul of the team for gods sake. We are just starting to get the fans back and Roy has finally become a huge fan hero. It would be bad on so many levels.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    So I'm wrong then. Oh well, too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ESutt7 View Post
    That's Wells' gut reaction. Not encouraging, but still. He doesn't seem to be right half the time anyway. Based on everything the front office said, I'll still be surprised if we don't match. I'll wait until something actually happens to pass judgment or panic.

I don't really get why we wouldn't just match, even though Kaman is a solid C, he isn't helping us progress in the coming years. I wonder if we have any trades we're working on? Wasn't Tyreke Evans available? He's averaged about 19/5/5 for his career. Can't shoot from outside, but he can get to the rim and that's what we need. Maybe he'd be a nice fit. I know Larry used to like him.
    I hadn't considered Tyreke Evans or someone like him, that's interesting. Here's the thing, we really don't know what dominoes are going to fall based on whats going to happen with Roy Hibbert.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out why people still think the pacers are negotiating with Roy...there's nothing left to negotiate at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    Apparently I have been on everyone's ignore for 4 days.
    I'm not trying to be a d*ck here or anything....cuz I know that the two of you ( and others ) have been trying to clear this up.....but I'm directing this question mainly at you and Kstat ( or anyone else that really knows )....since the both of you appear to have a clearer understanding of what can and cannot happen.

At this point...is there a scenario ( I'm desperate here, so I'm thinking ANY SCENARIO ) where the Hibbert ends up on the Blazers but the Pacers get something ( ANYTHING ) of value from the Blazers?

I am simply trying to find out if there is the possibility that the Pacers don't lose Hibbert for nothing.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

That's where I'm at. No better / cheaper center is walking through that door, sure as hell no superstars either. So WTF is this brilliant plan they have if they're not going to match?

I thought the plan was to maintain our core and add some complimentary piece or pieces. If we let Roy go, our next few moves are to GET BACK TO where we just were.

If this happens, the ultimate buzzkill that has been this past few weeks will be complete.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    @SMosley21: gut reaction, do you think Indy matches? (No)

Hasn't Bass already decided to "RE-SIGN" with Boston.

Wells' gut instinct was that Bird was staying on as the team President, as well.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

"What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:

If is comes down to Kaman and Mayo or Roy Hibbert, what would you pick?

There's number of years on the contract, etc, but just straight up, who would you say makes them better, next year. Is it even close?

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

...this year.

But space last season gave them Barbosa for a late 2nd round pick. Space allowed them to take Hill for draft rights too, and allowed them to do that knowing they'd have a legit shot at resigning him.

Portland will be paying for a nice kid who got flustered by guys like Joel Anthony, and they are HOPING he continues to improve. If he stays with Indy I'll be hoping the same thing. He has the right attitude to improve, but their are limits. For example, no one thinks his attitude is enough to turn his skill level into Ewing or Hakeem or Jabbar. His ceiling is lower than that no matter how much effort he puts in.

The Pacers were able to sincerely talk to guys like Nash, EJ and Kaman because they finally cleared out some overspending mistakes. We are enjoying the fruits of that labor so let's not act like we don't know what's at stake with Roy's deal. It could go well or it could go south, and south could hurt.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    It will be a sad day in Indy when/if Roy leaves. This would be 100x worse than letting Brad Miller walk. Even if they bring in an all star at some other position, it will still hurt. Roy is the heart and soul of the team for gods sake. We are just starting to get the fans back and Roy has finally become a huge fan hero. It would be bad on so many levels.
    That was another thing. Conrad was poo-pooing the 'fans being back' because to him it doesn't apparently (my word) count until they show up in November.

Well, genious, guess what losing Roy does? MAKE THAT LESS DAMN LIKELY.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post: