Page 39 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: Portland offers Roy max (via Sam Amick)

Default Re: Portland offers Roy max (via Sam Amick)

It's not bad enough that they got the number 1 pick with big man Greg Oden in that VERY SAME draft we picked Roy at 17 from . But just because of their crappy luck with injuries they have to now go after our big man.. Paul Allen can suck my hairy arse ...

SCREW Portland....

I can't wait till we find out if Simon/Pritchard/Walsh have the balls to NOT match and lock up our face of this franchise... this waiting around is killing me ... Because like a few others on here, if they fark this up and drive Roy out if Indy I'm done with the Pacers, and I am done with the NBA for awhile...
    Pretty bad, and it should speak volumes when the Pacer's Digest winner of this year's sunshiner award would call it quits and be done with the ineptness of this team if they screw this up...

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    It's not bad enough that they got the number 1 pick with big man Greg Oden in that VERY SAME draft we picked Roy at 17 from . But just because of their crappy luck with injuries they have to now go after our big man.. Paul Allen can suck my hairy arse ...

SCREW Portland....

If Hibbert is wearing a Blazers jersey next season, anyone that blames Portland is (A) in denial and (B) a hypocrite.

3. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Yup! We just have to sign Hibbert. It's as simple as that.

As we can see in FA it's quite tough for Indy to sign a topflight free agent, so we better keep our own cornerstones under contract as long as it's not crippling our franchise and I in no way see that with the contract which Hibbert got offered from Portland. Match it, FO.

IF we don't and I think there is only a very slim chance of that happenning I am going to be quite pissed, dissappointed and disillusioned. If they don't even want to pay Roy then what's the use of following the team. But, again I think we will simply match the Trailblazers offer, not worried at all.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mourning For This Useful Post:

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Is Hibbert really worth that much? Was he "great" all season or merely while matched up against a team whose center went down with an abdominal strain? I'm asking seriously because many of you saw much more of Roy than I was able to watch this year. Especially those that went to the games I ask, is he worth it?

I recall early in his carrier there were constant calls to trade Rik Smits because he was a foul machine and couldn't stay in the game. DW stuck with him, and the core of the team, and let them learn together over the years. (It's a process) Then, as needed he added special veterans....like Mullie and Smooth. Veterans that brought experience and special talents. DW is back and why should we expect him to act differently than we have seen in the past? If the answer to my question above is "yes" or "he will be" then we can expect DW to match or work out a 5 year deal. If he decides not to match, it will be because he knows the kid isn't worth it.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to indygeezer For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's not bad enough that they got the number 1 pick with big man Greg Oden in that VERY SAME draft we picked Roy at 17 from .

Oden was drafted in 07, Roy in 08.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Pretty bad, and it should speak volumes when the Pacer's Digest winner of this year's sunshiner award would call it quits and be done with the ineptness of this team if they screw this up...
    Sounds like you're ready to turn in your crown.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Ugh.

Conrad Brunner, who (especially during the Walsh era) tends to be a mouthpiece for the front office, just spent five minutes going on and on about why Roy wouldn't be a smart guy to match on a max deal. That's another red flag to me. Talked about how doing so sets a bad precedent for re-signing West and eventually PG, leading to being stuck in mediocrity (which, btw, what does that really say about his opinion of our 2012 team he used to seem more supportive of), how you shouldn't call Roy an all-star center because that should be reserved for players who are in or a threat to be in the all-star game every year and Roy isn't... sounds like a lot of rationalization to me. Not good.

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

He also made it sound like Kaman wasn't worth the money either.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Ugh.

Conrad Brunner, who (especially during the Walsh era) tends to be a mouthpiece for the front office, just spent five minutes going on and on about why Roy wouldn't be a smart guy to match on a max deal. That's another red flag to me. Talked about how doing so sets a bad precedent for re-signing West and eventually PG, leading to being stuck in mediocrity (which, btw, what does that really say about his opinion of our 2012 team he used to seem more supportive of), how you shouldn't call Roy an all-star center because that should be reserved for players who are in or a threat to be in the all-star game every year and Roy isn't... sounds like a lot of rationalization to me. Not good.
    I wouldn't worry too much about it cause as soon as we do sign him he'll do a 180 and talk about how it was a no-brainer type move that we had to do to keep this franchise going forward. If they're really worrried about setting bad precedents for contracts look no further than one George Hill, that is..if the numbers being reported on his contract are true.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheDon For This Useful Post:

That doesn't sound good, especially with new orleans's lightning-quick response to Gordon's deal....

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Cant take potentially 8-9 more days of this.....

21. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:

I think you'll get your answer in six.

One way or the other, you won't need more than a day to figure out Indiana's intentions.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Ugh.

Hey, but on the bright side we officially signed Miles Plumlee!

I wouldn't read too much into anything just yet. I think the Pacers and Roy's agent are still negotiating. Roy hasn't agreed to sign any offer sheets yet. I think if negotiations were over, Roy would have agreed to sign the Blazers' offer. So far, all he's said is that he's leaning towards signing it.

I think the Pacers are trying to talk Roy into taking a 5-year deal for less than the max and Roy's agent is going to want to get the full 5-year max. I think Roy announcing he's going to sign the Blazers' offer is the official signal that negotiations are over and it's do-or-die time for the Pacers.
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aw Heck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Aw Heck View Post
    I wouldn't read too much into anything just yet. I think the Pacers and Roy's agent are still negotiating. Roy hasn't agreed to sign any offer sheets yet. I think if negotiations were over, Roy would have agreed to sign the Blazers' offer. So far, all he's said is that he's leaning towards signing it.

I think the Pacers are trying to talk Roy into taking a 5-year deal for less than the max and Roy's agent is going to want to get the full 5-year max. I think Roy announcing he's going to sign the Blazers' offer is the official signal that negotiations are over and it's do-or-die time for the Pacers.
    This needs to be read carefully.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rexnom For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    That doesn't sound good, especially with new orleans's lightning-quick response to Gordon's deal....
    I think that was partially brought about by Gordon's statement about his heart belonging in Phoenix...
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

The Pacers FO said that their top priority was to re-sign both Hibbert and Hill this offseason. Nothing that has come out of the front office is suggesting otherwise.

We were looking to sign Kaman last year WITH Hibbert already on the roster.

Again, if you focus on the facts, you'll be right as rain.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wells said today Roy IS signing the Portland deal on the radio. I am confused on why anyone thought differently.

And the Aldridge article also said that Herb has given the okay to go either way after they review the offer. Pretty obvious that means he's signing it.

I'm still trying to figure out why people still think the pacers are negotiating with Roy...there's nothing left to negotiate at this point.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out why people still think the pacers are negotiating with Roy...
    We have to talk ourselves into reasons why the front office has remained quiet on this. That's the one I'm going with.

This just sucks, are we going to have to wait untul the 14th to find out if we are going to match, or will the front office let us know before then? I mean if they aren't going to match will they let us know or will we have to wait until they don't match the deal on the 14th?

My bad. I guess Roy has indeed already verbally agreed to sign the offer sheet with Portland: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/roy-hib...230029410.html

Well, I guess it's do-or-die time.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Aw Heck For This Useful Post:

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

We have to talk ourselves into reasons why the front office has remained quiet on this. That's the one I'm going with.
    Not just the Pacers FO; Hibbert's camp has been surprisingly quiet too. Along with clues to the FO's thinking (i.e. we know Pacers want to keep Roy, we know they think he's not worth a max deal, we know they're willing to offer the 5th year to compensate) and it all adds up to a pretty big possibility.

What I can't figure out is why there's people who wouldn't even acknowledge the possibility. Trading money for years is as old as the hills in NBA negotiation.

...because verbal contacts are just as old...

The only way both Roy and Portland concede to alter the deal is in case of a sign and trade.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

My bad. I guess Roy has indeed already verbally agreed to sign the offer sheet with Portland: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/roy-hib...230029410.html

Well, I guess it's do-or-die time.
    Don't give up too soon. It's the same report that's been giving everyone the heeby-jeebies. Honestly, some journalists can't seem to tell the difference. I'll wait for Mike Wells, or somebody like Woj etc to confirm it before giving up on my theory.

Just as an example: Jeremy Lin was previously reported to have verbally agreed to the Rockets' offer sheet, with some reports saying it's 3 years $24m, others saying its 4 years, $32m. Now the word is JLin is going to "mull over" Houston's offer; i.e. keeping the door open to competing offers from oh let's say Toronto, who just happened to have just lost out on Steve Nash.

Anyway, we'll all know for certain pretty soon.