Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33

Thread: Houston Rockets are trying to trade Scola, Lowry and Martin

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Houston Rockets are trying to trade Scola, Lowry and Martin

    Man I would love to have Scola and Lowry.

    @IAMAGM: Rockets put Luis Scola on the trade block (with Kyle Lowry & Kevin Martin) http://t.co/TZgbXgit

  2. #2
    Plumlee Fan Jeremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    153
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Houston Rockets are trying to trade Scola, Lowry and Martin

    Last edited by Jeremy; 06-30-2012 at 02:27 PM.

  3. #3
    RLeWorm
    Guest

    Default Re: Houston Rockets are trying to trade Scola, Lowry and Martin

    Lowry>dragic all day everyday

  4. #4

    Default Re: Houston Rockets are trying to trade Scola, Lowry and Martin

    Tyler, DC, future 1st for Scola, Lowry?

    Yes, I know its a dream but worth a try. They're under cap aren't they? Could we just give them more cap space for those guys? Aren't they after going Dwight anyways?
    Last edited by Pacerfan; 06-30-2012 at 02:30 PM.

  5. #5
    Plumlee Fan Jeremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    153
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Houston Rockets are trying to trade Scola, Lowry and Martin

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tyler, DC, future 1st for Scola, Lowry?
    Neither West nor Scola will want to come off the bench.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,599

    Default Re: Houston Rockets are trying to trade Scola, Lowry and Martin

    Scola would be a ridiculously awesome way of kicking Hansbrough's 40.5% from the floor out the door. Too bad he can't play next to West. I'd be all for Lowry but we'd probably have to give up too much to get him.

  7. #7
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,113

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Houston Rockets are trying to trade Scola, Lowry and Martin

    This is so they can clear up room to take a shot at Roy (or Deron Williams)....
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  9. #8
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,250
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Houston Rockets are trying to trade Scola, Lowry and Martin

    Give me Scola, but i don't want Lowry.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  10. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Houston Rockets are trying to trade Scola, Lowry and Martin

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tyler, DC, future 1st for Scola, Lowry?

    Yes, I know its a dream but worth a try.
    I would do Tyler+Plummet+DC+Born ready+ pick for Scola+Lowry

    Lowry,PG,DG,West,Roy

    Hill,DJ,OJ,Scola,Pender?

  11. #10

    Default Re: Houston Rockets are trying to trade Scola, Lowry and Martin

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is so they can clear up room to take a shot at Roy (or Deron Williams)....
    It's almost a given that someone's going to offer Roy the max, so we might as well go and get those guys for nothing and then resign Roy. By the way, does anyone know what Lowry and Scola's salaries and years left are?

  12. #11
    Smooth tadscout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Greenfield
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,838
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Houston Rockets are trying to trade Scola, Lowry and Martin

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Neither West nor Scola will want to come off the bench.
    West is such a team player I highly doubt he would mind coming of the bench (he could still get 30 min, he and scola can play center against most back ups).

    Remember people were saying the same about Collison and he wants to be back.
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

  13. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Houston Rockets are trying to trade Scola, Lowry and Martin

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's almost a given that someone's going to offer Roy the max, so we might as well go and get those guys for nothing and then resign Roy. By the way, does anyone know what Lowry and Scola's salaries and years left are?
    Lowry's salary is 5.7 and 6 and Scola is 9, 10 and 11.

  14. #13

    Default Re: Houston Rockets are trying to trade Scola, Lowry and Martin

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lowry's salary is 5.7 and 6 and Scola is 9, 10 and 11.
    Ok thanks. Lowry's contract is great and Scola's might be a little high for our salary space but it would only be for one year because DWest's contract ends next year and Scola can take his spot.

  15. #14
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,113

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Houston Rockets are trying to trade Scola, Lowry and Martin

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's almost a given that someone's going to offer Roy the max, so we might as well go and get those guys for nothing and then resign Roy. By the way, does anyone know what Lowry and Scola's salaries and years left are?
    I aint saying not to go after these guys, I'm saying wait until we got Roy locked in. The fewer teams that can potentially offer Roy the max, better off we'll be! Why help another team drive up the price on one of our RFAs?
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  16. #15

    Default Re: Houston Rockets are trying to trade Scola, Lowry and Martin

    No, no and no. Scola is 32, undersized, plays poor defense and averaged 6.5 rebounds per game. lol.

    Martin is 1 dimensional and probably would not accept a bench role.

    Lowry is the most intriguing of the 3, but they'll probably ask for too much and I am concerned by the fact that he had serious beef with his coach or management. I'd much rather hang on to DC than trade assets for Lowry.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to 3rdStrike For This Useful Post:


  18. #16

    Default Re: Houston Rockets are trying to trade Scola, Lowry and Martin

    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdStrike View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, no and no. Scola is 32, undersized, plays poor defense and averaged 6.5 rebounds per game. lol.

    Martin is 1 dimensional and probably would not accept a bench role.

    Lowry is the most intriguing of the 3, but they'll probably ask for too much and I am concerned by the fact that he had serious beef with his coach or management. I'd much rather hang on to DC than trade assets for Lowry.
    Didn't realize Scola was that old. Not sure about his contract anymore.

  19. #17
    Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Crawfordsville, IN
    Posts
    2,559

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Houston Rockets are trying to trade Scola, Lowry and Martin

    I think the only guy we would even consider would be Lowry and the lowest offer the Rockets will consider is something like DC, Hansbrough, and picks. I think they would go after Paul George and even maybe Roy Hibbert first.

  20. #18
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,296

    Default Re: Houston Rockets are trying to trade Scola, Lowry and Martin

    Kevin Mchale has to pissed. They are trading away all his players and getting really young.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  21. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Houston Rockets are trying to trade Scola, Lowry and Martin

    I'd have some interest in Kyle Lowry, but I wouldn't overpay for him. He's not proven to be good enough, long enough, for that.

    D.C., 1st, and $3.43M chopped off their current cap would be my top offer.

  22. #20

    Default Re: Houston Rockets are trying to trade Scola, Lowry and Martin

    I said on draft night the Rockets would be trading a PF when they drafted White and Terrence Jones. That gave them 4 PF's in
    Scola
    Patterson
    Terrence Jones
    White

    Houston is in full rebuild with trying now to trade Scola, Marten, and Lowry.

    Lowry is a better PG than Hill and will be cheaper, so the Pacers should trade for Lowry and let Hill walk with his wannabe 8 mil contract.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  24. #21
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,703

    Default Re: Houston Rockets are trying to trade Scola, Lowry and Martin

    Scola is old, slow, can't jump with a bad contract...pass!
    Martin, if Rockets give Pacers Patterson and take Pendergraph.
    Lowry just isn't that good for what they will want for him...stay clear!
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  25. #22
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,027

    Default Re: Houston Rockets are trying to trade Scola, Lowry and Martin

    Lowry seems too much like a score first point guard for my taste. Can anyone show me video that he has decent court vision?
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  26. #23
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,265

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Houston Rockets are trying to trade Scola, Lowry and Martin

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is so they can clear up room to take a shot at Roy (or Deron Williams)....
    Yep....this is exactly what they are doing.....they are clearing the decks to make a MAX contract offer at Roy. DWill and Dwight aren't going there.

    Since KMart's already an Expiring Contract.....I'm guessing that some Team will offer them a 1st round draft pick and a TPE for Martin. They just want to clear him from the cap.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  27. #24
    The Mole ColeTheMole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    551

    Default Re: Houston Rockets are trying to trade Scola, Lowry and Martin

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lowry seems too much like a score first point guard for my taste. Can anyone show me video that he has decent court vision?


    DG for 3

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to ColeTheMole For This Useful Post:


  29. #25
    Member BornReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,705

    Default Re: Houston Rockets are trying to trade Scola, Lowry and Martin

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Scola is old, slow, can't jump with a bad contract...pass!
    Martin, if Rockets give Pacers Patterson and take Pendergraph.
    Lowry just isn't that good for what they will want for him...stay clear!
    hahah that'd be sweet. unfortunately trades are two way things.

Similar Threads

  1. Lowry, Scola lead Rockets over Raptors (AP) [Y! Sports]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-28-2012, 11:10 PM
  2. Martin, Scola lead Rockets to rare road victory [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-19-2010, 09:00 PM
  3. Houston Rockets guard Kyle Lowry bruises bone in right knee [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-08-2010, 05:00 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-30-2010, 03:20 PM
  5. Houston Rockets guard Kyle Lowry out a week with sprained ankle [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-30-2010, 05:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •