Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 47 of 47

Thread: Nash's Next Move (Hollinger ESPN Insider column)

  1. #26

    Default Re: Nash's Next Move (Hollinger ESPN Insider column)

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey, we could get Jason Kidd or better yet, John Stockton is available!! Might have to buy him a pair of short shorts....... Nash is a joke for the Pacers. He isn't coming here now or any time. So, as you say, cut the bullshyt.........
    Dude, you just got schooled and your only response is an insult? That doesnt help your argument at all. I enjoyed reading the back and forths until then.

    Nash would sell tons of tickets at BLF. He would be a monumental upgrade for our offense and allow the team to move one of the backup pg's. Together with the addition of a healthy Pendergraph, an athletic 7' like Plumlee, that this team would be much better. They played Miami competitive and would only get better.
    The only negative Nash would bring is his poor defense. But, he cant be any worse than Collison.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to troyc11a For This Useful Post:


  3. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Nash's Next Move (Hollinger ESPN Insider column)

    Quote Originally Posted by troyc11a View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dude, you just got schooled and your only response is an insult? That doesnt help your argument at all. I enjoyed reading the back and forths until then.

    Nash would sell tons of tickets at BLF. He would be a monumental upgrade for our offense and allow the team to move one of the backup pg's. Together with the addition of a healthy Pendergraph, an athletic 7' like Plumlee, that this team would be much better. They played Miami competitive and would only get better.
    The only negative Nash would bring is his poor defense. But, he cant be any worse than Collison.
    Get this through your head. Nash won't play for Indiana. He will go to Toronto or possibly one of the NY team. I assure you that Indiana is not in his top five teams so stop the dreaming about something that can never happen. I don't know how many tickets he would sell in Indiana. I don't think as many as you do........ or as many as he will in Toronto.... I think Magic Johnson is available too....

  4. #28
    thx4tehmRys Danny! daschysta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Geist, Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,952
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Nash's Next Move (Hollinger ESPN Insider column)

    Quote Originally Posted by RLeWorm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wade not on superstar level? i have to disagree. He is 30 but still has plenty of ball left in him. Did u see what happen in game 4 against us? He was fire and didn't surprise me one bit. Played very well in the finals also.
    In the finals he only averaged 22 ppg on bad efficiency by his standards, he's still good, but certainly declining.

  5. #29

    Default Re: Nash's Next Move (Hollinger ESPN Insider column)

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Get this through your head. Nash won't play for Indiana. He will go to Toronto or possibly one of the NY team. I assure you that Indiana is not in his top five teams so stop the dreaming about something that can never happen. I don't know how many tickets he would sell in Indiana. I don't think as many as you do........ or as many as he will in Toronto.... I think Magic Johnson is available too....
    This whole thread is about speculation. If there is none, then there is no need for this. Why dont you pass me along Nash's phone number so I can ask him myself? Until he signs somewhere it is still possible. The same goes for DWilliams and anyone else.

  6. #30
    The Nite Owl LA_Confidential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,566

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Nash's Next Move (Hollinger ESPN Insider column)

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Get this through your head. Nash won't play for Indiana. He will go to Toronto or possibly one of the NY team. I assure you that Indiana is not in his top five teams so stop the dreaming about something that can never happen. I don't know how many tickets he would sell in Indiana. I don't think as many as you do........ or as many as he will in Toronto.... I think Magic Johnson is available too....
    Good job. Keep it up and your statements will have even less credibility than they already have on PD. Or are we dreaming of something that can never happen?

  7. #31

    Default Re: Nash's Next Move (Hollinger ESPN Insider column)

    Quote Originally Posted by LA_Confidential View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good job. Keep it up and your statements will have even less credibility than they already have on PD. Or are we dreaming of something that can never happen?
    I find it funny that on a thread which is based on the thought of Nash coming to Indy we have a self proclaimed no-it-all who wants to argue that he is not coming. If that is the case then he should START HIS OWN THREAD entitled "Nash is not coming to Indy"!

  8. #32
    The Nite Owl LA_Confidential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,566

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Nash's Next Move (Hollinger ESPN Insider column)

    Quote Originally Posted by troyc11a View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I find it funny that on a thread which is based on the thought of Nash coming to Indy we have a self proclaimed no-it-all who wants to argue that he is not coming. If that is the case then he should START HIS OWN THREAD entitled "Nash is not coming to Indy"!

    That's the perfect description for the guy.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to LA_Confidential For This Useful Post:


  10. #33
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: Nash's Next Move (Hollinger ESPN Insider column)

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Pacers' biggest weakness last season was their inability to score efficiently. How would Nash not improve that significantly?

    With Nash, the Pacers would be the second-best team in the East (yes, even better than Chicago w/Rose).
    Disregard anything that loon has to say- it is a sad, lying troll that offers nothing of value to this board or society for that matter.

    It looks like more and more people on here are coming to the realization of just how pathetic and disruptive this cretin is.
    Last edited by hoosierguy; 06-30-2012 at 10:04 PM.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post:


  12. #34

    Default Re: Nash's Next Move (Hollinger ESPN Insider column)

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Disregard anything that loon has to say- it is a sad, lying troll that offers nothing of value to this board or society for that matter.
    I think Shade made a good point. We played Miami as tough as anyone but Boston and woiuld be better with Nash. Defense would be a bigger question though!

  13. #35
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,341

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Nash's Next Move (Hollinger ESPN Insider column)

    David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt

    Knicks, Heat, Pacers, Raptors &?Suns expected to make their pitch to Steve Nash Sunday, per source. Not certain if all teams will be in NYC.
    Expand

    Reply
    Retweet
    Favorite
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  15. #36

    Default Re: Nash's Next Move (Hollinger ESPN Insider column)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt

    Knicks, Heat, Pacers, Raptors &?Suns expected to make their pitch to Steve Nash Sunday, per source. Not certain if all teams will be in NYC.
    Expand

    Reply
    Retweet
    Favorite
    Like I just said! If he has not signed, there is a chance!!!!!!! If he wants to win AND get paid, we are his best bet!

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to troyc11a For This Useful Post:


  17. #37

    Default Re: Nash's Next Move (Hollinger ESPN Insider column)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt

    Knicks, Heat, Pacers, Raptors &?Suns expected to make their pitch to Steve Nash Sunday, per source. Not certain if all teams will be in NYC.
    Expand

    Reply
    Retweet
    Favorite
    Yup, exactly what you would want your front office to do. Kevin Pritchard would not go without giving it a shot. As unlikely as it may seem, it's always worth giving it a try. Nash may not choose Indiana, but it won't be for a lack of our FO trying.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacerfan For This Useful Post:


  19. #38
    Professional Beachcomber mildlysane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Port Charlotte, Florida
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,263
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Nash's Next Move (Hollinger ESPN Insider column)

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Get this through your head. Nash won't play for Indiana. He will go to Toronto or possibly one of the NY team. I assure you that Indiana is not in his top five teams so stop the dreaming about something that can never happen. I don't know how many tickets he would sell in Indiana. I don't think as many as you do........ or as many as he will in Toronto.... I think Magic Johnson is available too....
    Come on now.....obvious troll is being obvious. I thought your reason for him not coming here was his defense. Now it is just that he won't come here. P** on anyone's Wheaties lately?

  20. #39
    RLeWorm
    Guest

    Default Re: Nash's Next Move (Hollinger ESPN Insider column)

    work your magic Pritchard!

  21. #40

    Default Re: Nash's Next Move (Hollinger ESPN Insider column)

    Thats right! You never know (except for some on this board who already know). Give it a shot and see what happens.

  22. #41
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,254

    Default Re: Nash's Next Move (Hollinger ESPN Insider column)

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dwayne could play on a crutch and be better than any player the Pacers have. Some players there will move on and other will move in. How about if they get Ray Allen? I am not convinced that the Pacers could have beaten Chicago without Rose but certainly not if thry had him. There will always be players willing to sign for less to play with Miami but they certainly would not have done that. I also do not think we could have beaten Boston this year. They took Miami to seven game if you were watching. Miami would have beaten the Pacers 4-0 if they had Bosh and basically won three in a row after they adapted to him being gone. James just cranks it up and scores whatever is necessary and we do not have players who can do that. Miami would not be interested in Nash because they don't need that kind of PG. Lucky for us, Nash will avoid the Pacers like a plague.....
    Sure, Wade is a monster right now but his time is coming. His game is predicated on extreme athleticism and that starts to drop off rapidly in your early 30's...right where he is right now. His knee surgery isn't supposed to be a big deal, but it all adds up. Age takes away that explosiveness. All this while the guys guarding him like Paul George and George Hill will be better and more experienced next year. Will we beat them next year? I doubt it but I do believe we will be more competitive. All of their best players were at the very top of their game. Other than Granger, none of our guys are vets. Combine that with the fact Battier, Miller and Haslem are going to all be worse next year, the Heat are not getting better OlBlu. I seriously doubt their chances to repeat. Also, if they get Ray Allen, they better have a nurse on staff. Is he 50 years old yet? Another year isn't going to do him any good either.

    As for Chicago without Rose, you have to be kidding. They were not effective at all without Rose and lost to Philly 4-1. The same Philly team that lost to Boston...who lost to Miami.

    As for Boston, we had our way with them through the season. I think we match up far better against them than Miami who destroyed us during the regular season. Perhaps we would lose, but it's hard to say. The fact the series went 7 games with the Heat had more to do with advertising dollars. The Heat were laughing after game one...after they had to fight through the Pacers. They knew game 1 they'd beat the Celtics because they could tell the Pacers were better.

  23. #42
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,272
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Nash's Next Move (Hollinger ESPN Insider column)

    Glad to see we have an aggressive GM who will at least try to recruit players. If Nash doesn't sign, its his loss, not on our FO's head.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  25. #43
    The Nite Owl LA_Confidential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,566

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Nash's Next Move (Hollinger ESPN Insider column)

    Just knowing we will make a play gets me excited about the possibility. Players always say they will do what's best. Well Mr Nash, Indiana is the best option that you have interns of a healthy contact and a chance.to immediately compete. Unless you want to go back to Canada you'd be a fool to pass up the best opportunity you've had since Robert Horry broke your nose. Oops did I just say that out loud.

  26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LA_Confidential For This Useful Post:


  27. #44
    Member Derek2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    1,580
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Nash's Next Move (Hollinger ESPN Insider column)

    Off topic, but I hate how blocked users show up in quotes.

    Seriously guys, there are certain posters that are not interested in furthering the discussion by communicating in a semi-rational way. Some people truly enjoy being what I would call "cynical" or a killjoy, and life is better when they are ignored.

    Regarding Nash, it would be interesting to see this offense with him running the floor. I feel that Granger/Paul/Hibbert would benefit immensely from having a point that could get them the ball in the right spots with more than 4/5 seconds on the clock. I am a bit wary of locking up $12M+/year in a 38 year old with a bad, BAD back though...regardless, I'm excited!

  28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Derek2k3 For This Useful Post:


  29. #45

    Default Re: Nash's Next Move (Hollinger ESPN Insider column)

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Off topic, but I hate how blocked users show up in quotes.

    Seriously guys, there are certain posters that are not interested in furthering the discussion by communicating in a semi-rational way. Some people truly enjoy being what I would call "cynical" or a killjoy, and life is better when they are ignored.

    Regarding Nash, it would be interesting to see this offense with him running the floor. I feel that Granger/Paul/Hibbert would benefit immensely from having a point that could get them the ball in the right spots with more than 4/5 seconds on the clock. I am a bit wary of locking up $12M+/year in a 38 year old with a bad, BAD back though...regardless, I'm excited!
    It is refreshing to see TPTB going after future HOF's. I would not be surprised if they talk to guys like Ray Allen either. Hey, its just a phone call! I remember hearing Charles Barkley say that Lebron should have tried to come to Indiana due to all the young players. He said they could rule the NBA for the next 6-7 years. No way that happens in Miami!

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to troyc11a For This Useful Post:


  31. #46
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,341

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Nash's Next Move (Hollinger ESPN Insider column)

    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  33. #47
    Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,080

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Nash's Next Move (Hollinger ESPN Insider column)

    I agree with others - thank goodness we're at least trying for Nash. That's all I ask for.

  34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-19-2010, 09:51 PM
  2. Hollinger: Marbury move might make great sense for C's [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-25-2009, 12:00 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-18-2007, 11:27 AM
  4. Insider Request (Hollinger Story)
    By AesopRockOn in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-27-2006, 10:04 PM
  5. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-25-2006, 08:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •