Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3 spoiler discussion

Default Mass Effect 3 spoiler discussion

As promised, here we go. Note the title, we're not gonna waste our time with spoiler tags here. If you haven't finished it, don't read on.

To start things off, here's one of a few Downfall takes that have already been done.

Last edited by Kegboy; 03-11-2012 at 07:28 PM.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Mass Effect 3 spoiler discussion

Okay, I just spent a few minutes on the Bioware forum, and man that place is depressing. I did see the Tali reveal though, and I see why people are mad about that, too.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to.../index/9669294

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

LOL at the Tali picture. I'm glad I was never a Tali-mancer. That would have made me angry

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LOL at the Tali picture. I'm glad I was never a Tali-mancer. That would have made me angry
    That's something I always knew was a no-win scenario for Bioware. Of course, I didn't think they'd screw it up that bad.

Personally, I would have just kept her faceless. Wasn't that her whole appeal?

I guess we don't have to use spoiler tags here...

So stop reading if you don't want to see something.

I am still not all the way through the game, but as I mentioned in the other thread it is my understanding that you cannot get an ending where Shephard survives, Anderson survives, the reapers are destroyed and earth is saved, but you have to have a readiness score over 5000. Is this not the case?

Well, it's complicated. Without giving anything away, you can get the "best" ending with a score of 4000, dependent on two things you do (a quick time event and a choice). With a score of 5000, you can fail the quick time event, but you still have to make the "right" choice. And note, if you fail the QTE, it immediately saves your progress. If you miss it and want to try again (like I did), you have to restart the final level.

To get a little spoilery, if all you care about is Shepard surviving, you literally have to make the "right" choice, as in you have 3 paths ahead of you, left (blue), center (green), and right (red). And you have to have the requisite score for him to actually survive.

It should be interesting if it's all dependent on a choice and playing the final level I'm ok with doing that more than once.

Secondly, I guess my view is, Bioware never promised your choices would directly impact the ending, they just said they would impact your Shep's STORY, and for that they are correct, stuff like your rachni decision does change how you experience the story.

I'm not necessarily just concerned about Shep surviving, I've always expected him to die, but I do want to save as much of my crew/friends as I can (good job Bioware on making me care about characters) and I do want to save the Earth and as many planets/races I can. My Shep is not a selfish Shep, so him living is only important if I've already saved as many others as possible.

I'll come back in here with full thoughts once I've actually finished which I'm expecting to be sometime this week assuming I have the time to get my readiness score up to 100% before embarking on the final missions.

I think that's a good view to have. The game is extraordinary, both in gameplay and emotionally. Every detractor I've read has felt the same way. The problem most everyone has is limited to the last 10 minutes. So I would recommend enjoying the journey to the fullest and not preoccupy yourself with how it ends.

Yes, either way, I will have enjoyed the ride and will have to applaud Bioware for creating the first sci-fi video game trilogy that really had caused itself to become something more. A real, breathing universe. Halo had the first crack at that and then dropped the ball with terrible 2nd and 3rd installments as far as the story was concerned.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Just finished. I really liked it. I had played mostly as a renegade after a first paragon playthrough of one and two, my wife started playing as a paragon so I switched and went back to the beginning and played and finished pretty much every possible mission in all 3 games. By the end the game had done such a good job of making me care about my characters I was using paragon choices when I thought they were appropriate, not just picking renegade every time to get my score up. I ended up choosing synthesis and I thought it was right for my renegade Shep to come back a little bit from the edge and sacrifice himself. I understand the complaints but it's such a great game, the ending didn't really bother me.

Mood

Oh and I want to mention that no matter what you think of the rest of the game, the genophage mission on Tuchanka is the crowning achievement of video games. The moral choice was actually difficult and I changed my mind half way through, the Reaper guarding the tower was unreal, the brutes coming after you. It is so good, and Mordin's sacrifice at the end was moving. Culmination of three games worth of backstory going back 1000 years.

No other video game even attempts that, let alone pulls it off.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1221081p1.html

I've never bought into the whole "change the ending" movement, so I find this change in stance by Bioware interesting. They very well may just be trying to weather the storm, or there might be something to it.

It came out last week that the multiplayer was born from them developing an FPS Mass Effect, and there's been talk about an MMO as well. Only problem with that is the destruction of the Mass Relays sure seems to negate any future storytelling. Unless it's about all the combined fleets of the galaxy trying to figure out how to live together on Earth and Mars with no hope of seeing home again. Of course, I'm sure it'll only take the Keepers a couple weeks to clean up the millions of dead bodies in the Citadel, they can all live there.

Or maybe they'll just have a DLC that explains how your crew got on the Normandy and ran away from the fight leaving you and Anderson to do everything.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:

Don't....change....the...ending. How stupid would that be? And it sets a bad precedent for gamers who are already spoiled rotten.

I still haven't beaten it (I know, I know). I've been sucked into multiplayer, but I'm just saying I find it fundamentally silly to change the ending. (I didn't read the rest of Kegboy's post just the article he linked to so maybe he's said something that relates to this) Anyway, I just don't want to see the ending changed it would be incrdibly silly, how would that even work? I guess I can't fully guess without witnessing the ending, but would they just tell you to replay all of ME3 to get a different ending? Seems silly to me.

Mood

I don't think they should change it. Just think the relays being destroyed is potentially problematic..

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

just finished it...wow what a series it has been...this last game was definitely an emotional roller coaster...i wonder of all the characters that died...how many of them died cause of my actions? Were there any possibilities to save the likes of Mordin, Tali, Legion, Miranda and Thane?

Mood

My Tali and Miranda didn't die. Don't know how though.

I had a romance with Miranda...the only reason I could think of her dying is I didn't trust her and did not give her the access to Alliance resources as she was asking for it in the apartment...if thats the case then booo =\

I also had something going on with Tali and thought it would be enough to stop her from committing suicide after I've picked the Geth to have their own life...stupid Quarians killing wiping their whole race out for nothing...so much rage...

Mood

Oh yeah. I gave her that stuff, and I yelled at the quarians till they did what I wanted.

i'm starting to agree with the notion the ending was all just a dream...it felt out of place and weird for me as well with how the character was moving, how it seemed that I would not have died by the husks coming at me as I was reaching the beam to get to Citadel and how my outfit changed and looked nothing like what my character was wearing (it was the same outfit in the dream)....

Mood

Well it seemed like he lost his armor. But I could see it being a dream.

also the side kicks who were with me when everyone blew up by the beam somehow ended up in the Normandy with Joker in the final sequence - lots of things don't add up.

Somehow, someway the ending of this game made me feel like I've just finished watching Inception...

From what I've read, there's a very convoluted way for Mordin to survive. You have to have killed Wrex in 1, then deleted the genophage data in 2, then sabotage the cure in 3. Otherwise Mordin will figure out the cure won't work and you either have to let him fix it and die, or you have to kill him to prevent the cure and stay in the Salarians good graces.

Yep, you killed Miranda by not giving her the data she needed. You would also have had to warn her about Kai Leng and been able to talk her dad into giving up. She was my romance, and had a nice convo with her after we saved her sister. Then they didn't even include her in my death flash (as I remember you get Joker, Anderson, then either Ash, Kaiden, or Liara.)

I saved Tali by having a high enough Paragon score to talk the Quarians out of being idiots. Of course, then their whole freaking fleet (which also happens to be their whole race) followed me to Earth, where they're now stuck on the other side of the galaxy from the homeworld they just won back. That really, really pisses me off.

Thane and Legion die no matter what you do.

As for who gets off the Normandy, that is just beyond me. I've seen different videos that show different people get off, but mine had Garrus and Liara, who were my team on Earth. You'd think that'd be a simple thing to screen for.

Just one more piece of the ending that doesn't add up. Either they got really sloppy or I'm missing something.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:

It is just disappointing the Mass Effect series received the same bad ending treatment as Dragon Age 2 did