Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What is the maxim price you would sign Hill for?

Default Re: What is the maxim price you would sign Hill for?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It becomes mediocrity if you continue to stay there year after year w/o getting better.
    Then it's a good thing that's not what the team has been doing. .636 winning percentage last year following .441 the year before.

EDIT: and I'd go up to 7.5 mil if we don't sign another PG, though I'd prefer to pay in the 5-6 area while getting a starting 1 like Nash or at least above-average-starter quality.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    I'll go on record saying if the Pacers don't get a true QUALITY PG this off season, they are content with just being a mediocre team this coming season. This is the one position they can't afford not to improve.... plain and simple. JMOAA
    I'd even be happy with DreMiller.....but I'm beginning to think this as well.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

RLeWorm

7-7.5 mill

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    And Jamal Crawford signed for 2 years at 5 mil per. Last years free agency proved that teams are a lot less likely to overpay for mediocre talent under the new cba. I think teams will still pay for max players but Hill falls in the middle just like Crawford. He's a fringe starter not a fringe all star. There is nothing wrong with that but no one under today's cba is going to offer Hill 7 mil, it's not his market value and the Pacers shouldn't pay over market value. Offer him 5 mil after we bring in a free agent with our cap space, then if someone offers him the full MLE match it.
    Huh, dude GH is a starter plain and simple, and offers more than just scoring, Crawford offers scoring, plus add to the fact that Crawford is older. Also Stuckey's contract was done last season as well.

Afflalo got a 5 yr 43 million dollar contract last year.
    Why so SERIOUS

Brains of the Operation.

Weren't there rumors during the season that we were negotiating an extension around 7 million per year and it was turned down?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by littlerichard54 View Post
    Weren't there rumors during the season that we were negotiating an extension around 7 million per year and it was turned down?
    more like 6 i believe
    Why so SERIOUS

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm not as big on George Hill as most people. Sure he hit some timely shots and the team's defense was much better when he was in the lineup but I really think that DC is a better PG. I guess I like my PGs to be able to average more than 2.9 assists per game (something Hill has yet to do in his career). Hill averaged 9 points and 2.9 assists this past year and he missed a lot of games with injuries. When he did play, he struggled to pass the ball into the post and he had a hard time defending the pick and roll. He's better suited to be a SG 6-man off the bench.

I think Nash and Dragic would be better fits for the Pacers so I wouldnt make Hill an offer much higher than the Qualifying Offer with the normal annual raises.

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    Huh, dude GH is a starter plain and simple, and offers more than just scoring, Crawford offers scoring, plus add to the fact that Crawford is older. Also Stuckey's contract was done last season as well.

Afflalo got a 5 yr 43 million dollar contract last year.
    Hill is a good combo guard who didn't even start for us for most of the season and will come of the bench again is we upgrade at the pg as we should. He would start on some teams but not for any team with a good pg and sg. Combo guards usually come off the bench. Comparing to a true sg with the potential of Afflalo is apples to oranges. A lot of players got more money last year but they weren't combo guards. Crawford set the market price.
    Stuckey is also not a combo guard but imo he was overpaid. Both players play the 2 much better then Hill with Afflalo showing promise to perhaps become a top player in the position someday.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    I'm not as big on George Hill as most people. Sure he hit some timely shots and the team's defense was much better when he was in the lineup but I really think that DC is a better PG. I guess I like my PGs to be able to average more than 2.9 assists per game (something Hill has yet to do in his career). Hill averaged 9 points and 2.9 assists this past year and he missed a lot of games with injuries. When he did play, he struggled to pass the ball into the post and he had a hard time defending the pick and roll. He's better suited to be a SG 6-man off the bench.

I think Nash and Dragic would be better fits for the Pacers so I wouldnt make Hill an offer much higher than the Qualifying Offer with the normal annual raises.
    Well a lot of his career he has not been playing strictly point, so that will always screw the numbers.

a couple things he had better than Collison is that he had a 3:1 turnover ratio, also during the last month of the season he had 4.7 ast and 1.1 TO per game which is better than a 4.1 turnover ratio. This shows that he is getting better in that role after he took over the starting spot at PG.

And if your really want to know Nash did not really start out as a passing PG, his skills really developed with time, he did not average more than 5.5 assist until after his 4th year.
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    Hill is a good combo guard who didn't even start for us for most of the season and will come of the bench again is we upgrade at the pg as we should. He would start on some teams but not for any team with a good pg and sg. Combo guards usually come off the bench. Comparing to a true sg with the potential of Afflalo is apples to oranges. A lot of players got more money last year but they weren't combo guards. Crawford set the market price.
    Stuckey is also not a combo guard but imo he was overpaid. Both players play the 2 much better then Hill with Afflalo showing promise to perhaps become a top player in the position someday.
    You are confused if you think Stuckey is not a combo guard. Affalo showed as much promise as Brandon Rush, just without the off the court issues.

As far as Hill, he did not start first because we were going off team chemistry, and when something is not broke why would you change it. 2nd thing, he did not even have a offseason to work with the team to really build up his PG skills or his initial chemistry with the team, all this improved over the year.
    Why so SERIOUS