Thread: Dwight Howard Saga: Drama Continues

Default Dwight Howard Saga: Drama Continues

ESPN Channel Ticker,~11:30P
    No Author

"Magic C Dwight Howard wants to be traded to Nets, ESPN's Chris Brussard reports. Howard made request during Friday meeting with new Magic GM Rob Hennigan, who was non-committal about possible trade, according to sources.

Howard approached players union last week about possible legal complaint against team, according to report. Howard feels team blackmailed him into picking up his option for next year and hoped complaint against Magic could negate his option and make him a free agent. Union has no plans to pursue legal action against Magic."

LOLZ.

Default Re: Dwight Howard Saga: Drama Continues

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/81...-brooklyn-nets

By Chris Broussard | ESPN The Magazine

Dwight Howard met with new Orlando Magic general manager Rob Hennigan on Friday and told him he wants to be traded to the Brooklyn Nets, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

Howard and Hennigan sat down face to face in Los Angeles, meeting for the first time since Hennigan became Orlando's GM nearly two weeks ago.

Hennigan was noncommital when Howard told him he wants to be traded to Brooklyn, sources said.

Hennigan did not tell Howard whether he would trade him. His intentions were merely to hear the thoughts of the Magic superstar.

Howard picked up the option for the final year of his contract with Orlando on March 15. But since then, he has grown increasingly disgruntled with the organization, even telling people close to him that he feels the Magic blackmailed him into signing the "opt-in" clause.

Howard shared his feelings of being blackmailed by the Magic with the NBA Players Association last week, sources said. He -- either himself or through his representatives -- approached the union wondering if he might have a legal complaint against the club.

The goal of such a complaint would be to eliminate his "opt-in," thereby allowing Howard to become a free agent this summer.

Sources said the union has no plans to pursue any such legal action against the Magic.

Friday was not the first time Howard asked the Magic to trade him. In December, before the lockout-shortened season began, he asked Orlando to deal him to the Nets.

Howard never rescinded his trade offer, even after picking up his option on the day of the trade deadline.

After undergoing surgery on his back in April, Howard asked then-Magic GM Otis Smith to trade him to the Nets, according to sources. Smith said he would seek a trade, but the Magic fired Smith shortly after the season ended.

v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

What a tool.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

Makes it likely that their free agents will want to stay, for now.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

This might be good for us if Dallas thinks they have a good chance to trade for Dwight. They might not bid on Roy.

Mood

What does his contract look like? What would a trade to the Nets leave on that team?

I mean, if they re-sign DWill, then they add Dwight's salary, how on earth will they field a team? What's their cap situation now?

As an aside (or maybe this is more on topic than my questions), the NBA absolutely MUST find a way to stop this nonsense. When you work for any other company, you don't get to tell the company what to do, no matter how high you can jump. The formation of the "superteam" may get some bandwagon fans, but it disgusts the old school and traditionalist crowd. And the whining and demanding of employee to employer creates a ever-widening gap between these players and their fans, and does not help the image of the NBA at all.

As an aside to the aside, speaking of the NBA's image, if I'm Stern, I'd close the doors to the public on draft night. If they can't be mature enough to shut the heck up while the Commish is trying to talk, I wouldn't blame him a bit if he took his ball and went home. I'm no bigger fan of the guy than anyone else, but it's embarrassing to me that NBA fans go to this and try to make a mockery of him. Maybe it's just me, but that's rude and irritating. Have some respect.

OK, now I sound like IndyGeezer, so I'm gonna go take my fiber and soak my teeth, lol
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

8. The Following User Says Thank You to pizza guy For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well now that Howard is likely going to Brooklyn, Deron will stay and that ****er Cuban is going to offer Roy the max. ****.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well now that Howard is likely going to Brooklyn, Deron will stay and that ****er Cuban is going to offer Roy the max. ****.
    No he's not. Orlando will probably trade Howard anywhere but the Nets after him trying to get out his contract.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wow, this is shenanigans way, way beyond "The Decision." What a baby.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

"Everyone's values are defined by what they will tolerate when it is done to others." - William Greider

12. The Following User Says Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pizza guy View Post

As an aside to the aside, speaking of the NBA's image, if I'm Stern, I'd close the doors to the public on draft night. If they can't be mature enough to shut the heck up while the Commish is trying to talk, I wouldn't blame him a bit if he took his ball and went home. I'm no bigger fan of the guy than anyone else, but it's embarrassing to me that NBA fans go to this and try to make a mockery of him. Maybe it's just me, but that's rude and irritating. Have some respect.

OK, now I sound like IndyGeezer, so I'm gonna go take my fiber and soak my teeth, lol
    You're a young guy, people have been booing Stern at the draft since before you were born, its nothing new, and its happens every year. And no it was not worse this year than any other year. Infact in years past the draft used to be heavy attended by fans in NYC. I dont' even think its a packed house anymore.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

As for Howard, my gosh why did even sign on for the last year. What an idiot. It will be the same scenario as last season. No team is going to trade for him because he will not sign an extension.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Banned

We should ignore this thread as a symbol to ignore that clown, let's not let this guy to screw up with free agency again.

Make up your mind Dwight! Jeez.

v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pace Maker View Post
    Shut your mouth Dwight! Jeez.
    I agree.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

To think Stan lost his job because of this guy. I know he isn't well liked around here, but you have to respect him as a coach.

This is worse than anything Lebron did.

Seriously.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

He makes Lebron out to be the Pope. At least Lebron played to the last second with Cleveland without whining before the free-agency and leaving, Dwight's been at this for years, and when he's even given teams (Lakers) that he'd accept a trade to, he changes his mind and is now Brooklyn only.

I can't wait to see the first Dwight's new team at Orlando.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I wonder if any idiot bought one of those loyalty shirts and what they think now.

Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:

This is approaching Decision-level ridiculousness. at Dwight.

Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    What a tool.
    Wow, I was scrolling down to type exactly this!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This guy is such a moron. Had he kept his mouth completely shut (like Lebron) throughout last season then he could have simply opted out of his contract right now and outright signed with the Nets. But by acting like a complete baby last season by opening his mouth and giving hints that he wanted out, he backed himself into a corner where he felt he had to stay with Orlando for another season. Now if he actually does get traded there, he is going to force the Nets to trade good assets for him when he could have just signed there all along had never opened this massive can of worms.

This is exactly what I predicted would happen. He is maybe the biggest prima-donna in the NBA right now. Moral of the story: When you are in the last year of your contract, handle it like Lebron did in 09-10 and refuse to discuss any business in the middle of the season. Don't handle it like Dwight did. Look at the mess he has made for himself and team.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 07-01-2012 at 11:26 AM.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post: