View Poll Results: Who do the Pacers sign first

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Their own players

    23 63.89%
  • Players from another team(s)

    13 36.11%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28

Thread: Who do the Pacers sign first?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,653

    Default Who do the Pacers sign first?

    Their own free agents or another teams player?

  2. #2
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,285
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Hopefully Brandon Bass but if Roy goes and signs a deal quickly then well match him.


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  3. #3
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,916

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who do the Pacers sign first?

    Falk will strong arm us into signing Hibbert first.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:


  5. #4

    Default Re: Who do the Pacers sign first?

    I don't think we sign any real free agent. Just some scrub to fill out the 13 man roster.

  6. #5
    Member k_lewis93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    541

    Default Re: Who do the Pacers sign first?

    sign hill and hibbert first then make a run for mayo (for the right price) and see if Pritchard can work his magic and get Brandon Roy in here

  7. #6
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,285
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who do the Pacers sign first?

    Quote Originally Posted by k_lewis93 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    sign hill and hibbert first then make a run for mayo (for the right price) and see if Pritchard can work his magic and get Brandon Roy in here
    We can't do that though, we can only go over the cap to sign Roy and Hill, that space is gone if we sign them first.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  9. #7

    Default Re: Who do the Pacers sign first?

    I say we sign Hibbert... then get everyone else... then hill

  10. #8
    Member k_lewis93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    541

    Default Re: Who do the Pacers sign first?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We can't do that though, we can only go over the cap to sign Roy and Hill, that space is gone if we sign them first.
    true...my bad lol

  11. #9

    Default Re: Who do the Pacers sign first?

    Im just asking bc I'm not good at this cap stuff at all but can we sign Hibbert to a max contracts, give bass 6mil, give Brandon Roy about 3-4 mil and resign Hill for 8 mil?

  12. #10
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,285
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who do the Pacers sign first?

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I say we sign Hibbert... then get everyone else... then hill
    I hope Bird taught Roy to be patient and to not go sign an offer quickly if he wants to be here and win. Hopefully we can push for a bigger price guy, then match Hibby. Maybe Batum or Mayo or Gordon push, then Hibbert then Bass then (if we signed OJ or EJ renounce Hill, maybe)
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  13. #11
    Member yoadknux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Israel
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,325

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who do the Pacers sign first?

    I don't think we should sign Bass at all. It doesn't make sense - We have West, Hansbrough, JP, our first rounder, that's 4 power forwards. He will also cost like 6 a year, we have other needs

    I think we will play it safe. No big trades, no major signings. That's too bad too because once we sign Hibbert then we won't be able to add anyone to this current core, and let's face it, our point guard spot is weak.

    I don't know how much $$$ Hibbert's gonna get. I hope not that much. I hope we S&T him too. We'll see
    Quote Originally Posted by Piston Prince
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
    "Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time"

  14. #12
    Member pacers74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Plainfield
    Posts
    2,296

    Default Re: Who do the Pacers sign first?

    I think Mayo will sign pretty fast. The top unrestricted guys usually sign fast. After D.Will and maybe Nash, Mayo is one of the top guys out there. If they want him Pritchard better be calling him at midnight. I could also see B.Roy in here sunday or monday getting checked out by our medical staff.
    The restricted guys will get called after midnight, but it will probably be a little while before they are signed.

  15. #13
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,285
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who do the Pacers sign first?

    Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think we should sign Bass at all. It doesn't make sense - We have West, Hansbrough, JP, our first rounder, that's 4 power forwards. He will also cost like 6 a year, we have other needs

    I think we will play it safe. No big trades, no major signings. That's too bad too because once we sign Hibbert then we won't be able to add anyone to this current core, and let's face it, our point guard spot is weak.

    I don't know how much $$$ Hibbert's gonna get. I hope not that much. I hope we S&T him too. We'll see
    I don't see us bringing West back, though. Bass is younger and cheaper and could be our future PF IMO.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  16. #14
    RLeWorm
    Guest

    Default Re: Who do the Pacers sign first?

    We should try for other FA before ours. Cause if we sign Hibbert and Hill first our cap space will be gone. Go after Mayo!!! Mayo is a beast. He just hasn't been the same cause he has been coming off the bench. But if we sign him we would bring him off the bench so i doubt he will want to come here.

  17. #15
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,285
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who do the Pacers sign first?

    Quote Originally Posted by RLeWorm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We should try for other FA before ours. Cause if we sign Hibbert and Hill first our cap space will be gone. Go after Mayo!!! Mayo is a beast. He just hasn't been the same cause he has been coming off the bench. But if we sign him we would bring him off the bench so i doubt he will want to come here.
    Mayo would at least compete for the start. OJ vs Paul for the starting 2 would do wonders for them both. Just look what happened to DC when he lost- he turned into a monster on the second unit.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  18. #16

    Default Re: Who do the Pacers sign first?

    sign Mayo, sign bass, resign hib, trade dc, hans and picks to houston for lowry, sign hill

    Lowry/Hill
    PG/Mayo/Johnson
    Granger/Mayo/PG
    West/Bass
    Hibbert/PLumlee

  19. #17
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: Who do the Pacers sign first?

    I think Roy will have accepted an offer by tomorrow afternoon, leaving us a three day window to accept his offer, but most importantly to get our free agents. We will sign Brandon Roy after he is cleared by our medical staff to two years, ten million insured.

  20. #18
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,515

    Default Re: Who do the Pacers sign first?

    I think the Pacers sign either Mayo or Dragic First.
    DC and Hansbrough is gonna be dealt for another PF at the trade deadline.

    Maybe an Eric Gordon blockbuster happens.

    I know they keep saying that they want to keep the starting 5 intact, but surely they realize they need a better ball distributor, and a much better back up 4.


    This whole Brandon Roy thing doesn't make sense, he is retired and not a FA so technically the Pacers should be able to talk to him right now. He could have already had the doctors evaluation. Right?
    Last edited by graphic-er; 06-30-2012 at 12:03 PM.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  21. #19

    Default Re: Who do the Pacers sign first?

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    sign Mayo, sign bass, resign hib, trade dc, hans and picks to houston for lowry, sign hill . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the Pacers sign either Mayo or Dragic First.

    . . . Maybe an Eric Gordon blockbuster happens. . .
    JMO, but the Pacers are more likely to sign Eric Gordon than OJ Mayo, since Gordon is a much superior player.

    If the Pacers sign guys early, it will be really good players, not mayo or dragic or bass or anyone like that. Those guys are just guys. Those kind of 'average' players will be signed at the end of the FA season with the money left over after Hibbert, Hill and guys like Nash, DWill or Gordon.

  22. #20
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: Who do the Pacers sign first?

    Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    JMO, but the Pacers are more likely to sign Eric Gordon than OJ Mayo, since Gordon is a much superior player.

    If the Pacers sign guys early, it will be really good players, not mayo or dragic or bass or anyone like that. Those guys are just guys. Those kind of 'average' players will be signed at the end of the FA season with the money left over after Hibbert, Hill and guys like Nash, DWill or Gordon.
    However, I think they are looking for perfect fits for this team. We have four starting positions locked up, and two-three backup positions locked up. Starting point guard, backup power forward, backup shooting guard, and backup small forward are all in question right now. Orlando Johnson and Lance Stephenson are still going to be complimentary players this year, I think. So if the front office thinks that Brandon Bass can be the perfect scoring and inside player off the bench for us, they will go after him as a target player.

    We already know that they think of Brandon Roy as a target player as well as OJ Mayo, with Jamal Crawford being a backup plan, per Mike Wells.

    http://www.indystar.com/article/2012...ews|img|Sports

    Pritchard plans to work the phones in an attempt to add another big man and scorer on the wing. Guards Brandon Roy and O.J. Mayo are two wings players the Pacers plan to pursue. Jamal Crawford could also be a possibility.

    Roy, a former All Star, retired last season because of knee problems but he's attempting a comeback. He and Pritchard were together in Portland.

    Mayo became an unrestricted free agent Friday when the Memphis Grizzlies did not tender a qualifying offer to him. Former Pacers president Larry Bird tried on several occasions to trade for Mayo in the past.

    Crawford signed with Portland instead of the Pacers last season.

  23. #21

    Default Re: Who do the Pacers sign first?

    soo DC wants to stay now.... we should throw our money to sign EJ,Hibbert and Hill. If we could get EJ my oh my would we be a scary team

  24. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who do the Pacers sign first?

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    soo DC wants to stay now.... we should throw our money to sign EJ,Hibbert and Hill. If we could get EJ my oh my would we be a scary team
    If he ever played....... I just don't understand the infatuation with Gordon....

  25. #23

    Default Re: Who do the Pacers sign first?

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If he ever played....... I just don't understand the infatuation with Gordon....
    He can create his own shot, can score/shoot, good defensive player, drives to the rim and is from Indiana

  26. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who do the Pacers sign first?

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He can create his own shot, can score/shoot, good defensive player, drives to the rim and is from Indiana
    I don't care if he is from the Congo if he can do all of that. But, he hasn't done that much and he sure has not proven that he can stay on the floor in fact, quite the opposite. I hope they do not make an offer to a player whose only real resume is that he played for IU at a time when the team was full of problems...Pass!! Besides, our SG of the future is already on the team......

  27. #25
    RLeWorm
    Guest

    Default Re: Who do the Pacers sign first?

    If Gordon really wanted to come here can't he just sign the qualifying offer to become UFA next year?

Similar Threads

  1. Pacers sign Fesenko
    By Hypnotiq in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 219
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 01:54 PM
  2. Should the Pacers sign JJ Reddick?
    By Pacergeek in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-04-2010, 01:00 PM
  3. pacers sign Jasikevicius
    By able in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-12-2005, 06:15 AM
  4. pacers to sign two players
    By rel in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-24-2004, 04:57 PM
  5. PACERS SIGN HARRISON
    By Dukins in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-07-2004, 08:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •