Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 67 of 67

Thread: Plumlee press conference

  1. #51
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,267

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Plumlee press conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was standing next to you at the draft party when Roy Hibbert was drafted, there was a very loud cheer that went up because people already knew we were trading for that pick.

    Paul George was not booed at his draft.

    I think that the front office like to take on the entire Reggie Miller was boo'ed mentality and use that to try and shove it in people's faces that they are smarter than us and that any fan criticism of their draft picks is nothing more than bumbling hillbilly rubes.

    I'm not saying that some fans don't over react but to say the entire fan base does one thing or the other is just blatantly wrong and both the media & the front office tend to do this.
    The only draft choices I remember garnering THIS much backlash was Tyler. And it was no where near as bad as this. Aside from that :

    Most were happy with the G.Hill acquisition
    Most were happy with PG
    Roy was met with 50/50 excitement and disappointment but most were happy with BRush(with some preferring we kept Bayless)

  2. #52
    Undefeated
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Carmel
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,010

    Default Re: Plumlee press conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think we should all call him Plum-Lee instead of Plumlee
    How about Chun-Li, cause he kick's ***?
    Danger Zone

  3. #53
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,272
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Plumlee press conference

    I remember being happy with the Tyler pick. I have no idea why.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  4. #54
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,249

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Plumlee press conference

    Quote Originally Posted by LA_Confidential View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Question? If Plumlee turns out to be a Jeff Foster clone, (Hustle, Toughness, Rebounding, Defense, Leadership, Longevity) will we Pacers fans be satisfied?
    Would I be satisfied? Yes. Hell, he would probably become one of my favorite players(and I ****ing hate Dukies).

    That being said, he was not that player in college, even against teams like Lehigh who didn't have a player over 6'8. What makes you think he will become that in the NBA? Jeff Foster would have had 15+ rebounds against Lehigh, which is probably cutting Jeff short.

    BUT, lets all jump on this magical rainbow train and pretend that he is capable of becoming that - a lot of my opinion will still factor in how the players(who were obviously more talented) fair out. I'm sure some of them wouldn't be as good as Jeff Foster, but if any of them fulfill their potential, it would be hard to overlook that, even for a Jeff Foster clone which only actually exists in magical lollipop land.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:


  6. #55
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,324

    Default Re: Plumlee press conference

    If Plumlee turns out to be somewhat like Foster, I'll actually be impressed. But I won't be completely happy unless Jeff Taylor, Moultrie, Quincy Miller and PJIII turn out to be nothing.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  7. #56
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,036

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Plumlee press conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, but at that low of a pick, a high risk high reward player isn't very high risk. Perry Jones was a lottery talent, and could have learned from West a bit. Teague would have been a steal. One year more in college, he was almost certainly a lottery talent. He would have been a project, but a better one than Plumlee nonetheless.
    That's true. But could either of the two backup Hibbert?

  8. #57
    Star Platinum Hypnotiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,968

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Plumlee press conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's true. But could either of the two backup Hibbert?
    PJ3 can play SF/PF

    i dont see what the problem was with Lou as backup center sure he is a but undersized but i thought he did the job

  9. #58
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,272
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Plumlee press conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's true. But could either of the two backup Hibbert?
    No but my secret draft wish was still there, Festus Ezeli. I would have taken him over Plumlee any day.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  10. #59

    Default Re: Plumlee press conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's true. But could either of the two backup Hibbert?
    No but that's drafting based off need which isn't advisable at 26 where you should hop on any great talent available. Perry Jones was there. I hope people bump these threads so they can say, "Look how Miles Plumlee is our 3rd big man and everyone likes him and Perry Jones has done nothing!" but I doubt that is going to happen.

  11. #60
    Member pacers74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Plainfield
    Posts
    2,289

    Default Re: Plumlee press conference

    It sounds like PJ3 wasn't even in there plan at all. They seem like they were more worried about the fantam team moving up to try and get Miles before our pick. I am not going to let this efect my fandom. If he pans out and plays 15 minutes a game and is a decent backup to Roy I will be happy. If not, oh well he was a late first round pick most don't pan out.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to pacers74 For This Useful Post:


  13. #61
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,036

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Plumlee press conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i dont see what the problem was with Lou as backup center sure he is a but undersized but i thought he did the job
    Against Miami Lou couldn't stop them from getting to the rim. I love Lou and I'm sure that he tried but in the end the job was not done. It was evident that we needed more size to stop the endless lay ups.

    That kid gives us size. I'm willing to accept anyone that can fix that need of ours.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  15. #62
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,036

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Plumlee press conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No but my secret draft wish was still there, Festus Ezeli. I would have taken him over Plumlee any day.
    I have not seen either Plumlee or Ezeli play. I've read several stuff about them but I cannot judge a player before I watch him play.

    From what I've read, they are both raw on the offensive side but they have upside as defenders and rebounders. Plumlee is more athletic based on the workouts.

    So, why would you want Ezeli? I'm guessing that you have better knowledge since you have apparently watched both of them play.

    I wouldn't say no to Ezeli either. We'll see who turnouts to be better. I just wanted someone to be our defensive big off the bench since Frank does not seem to trust Fes

  16. #63
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,036

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Plumlee press conference

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No but that's drafting based off need which isn't advisable at 26 where you should hop on any great talent available. Perry Jones was there.
    I'll say it once again. BPA is subjective.

    A more talented player is not necessarily the best one. Fit does matter.

  17. #64
    Member pogi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    469
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Plumlee press conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Against Miami Lou couldn't stop them from getting to the rim. I love Lou and I'm sure that he tried but in the end the job was not done. It was evident that we needed more size to stop the endless lay ups.

    That kid gives us size. I'm willing to accept anyone that can fix that need of ours.
    I've seen Plumlee play, and I'm not too sure he'll help us on defense against teams like Miami any better than Hans or Lou.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to pogi For This Useful Post:


  19. #65
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,247

    Default Re: Plumlee press conference

    I didn't like the pick, but I see a few positives.

    First, he is bigger than Tyler and Lou. We needed a bit more size in the middle with Hibbert out. Second, he hits the boards pretty well. Over 7 boards in 20 minutes at Duke. In comparison, Tyler grabbed about 8 in 30 minutes at NC. Third, Miles doubled Tyler's blocks as a senior. Fourth, Miles has always scored pretty efficiently when he does it...and will probably be able to go up in traffic and dunk, unlike Hans. Miles is simply a different player and plays bigger than Tyler...something the Pacers really need in the paint. Strength is often a problem for bigs in the NBA, and I doubt that will be a problem for him. Miles is also a late bloomer and his college career as a whole may not be a great indicator. Finally, he played in a great program with players who overshadowed him. We may find that he's better than expected.

    Anyway, that's my cup-half-full view of Plumlee. I think he's probably an upgrade over Pendergraph at minimum.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  21. #66
    Member PacersAllDay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Normal, IL
    Age
    28
    Posts
    35

    Default Re: Plumlee press conference

    "We think he can be a lot like Jeff Foster."


  22. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersAllDay For This Useful Post:


  23. #67
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,036

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Plumlee press conference

    Quote Originally Posted by pogi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've seen Plumlee play, and I'm not too sure he'll help us on defense against teams like Miami any better than Hans or Lou.
    If he fails to do those things then he'll be a bad pick. But let's give him a chance first.

Similar Threads

  1. Press Conference 12 P.M. Friday
    By DGPR in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-25-2010, 08:36 AM
  2. Pacers Press Conference
    By QuickRelease in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 05-12-2009, 10:43 PM
  3. Press Conference?
    By CompACE in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-11-2008, 11:25 AM
  4. 3:30 Press Conference, What Going Down?
    By Targaflorio in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 163
    Last Post: 03-26-2008, 12:45 AM
  5. Artest press conference
    By able in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-20-2004, 10:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •