Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 67

Thread: Plumlee press conference

  1. #1
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,377

    Default Plumlee press conference

    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Plumlee press conference

    Lmao Walsh. Reggie and Person were 20+ppg scorers in college and All-Americans.

  3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,189

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Plumlee press conference

    He's got a point though, we tend to boo our draft picks a LOT (except for Damon Bailey). Hell, I remember sitting on Facebook rejoicing and begging Larry not to trade Paul George two drafts ago, everyone else on Facebook was flipping their lids and calling for Larry's head.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    billbradley
    Guest

    Default Re: Plumlee press conference

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lmao Walsh. Reggie and Person were 20+ppg scorers in college and All-Americans.
    And both lottery picks...

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to billbradley For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    Pacers Fan For Life J7F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Seymour, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,055

    Default Re: Plumlee press conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's got a point though, we tend to boo our draft picks a LOT (except for Damon Bailey). Hell, I remember sitting on Facebook rejoicing and begging Larry not to trade Paul George two drafts ago, everyone else on Facebook was flipping their lids and calling for Larry's head.
    Dare I say our fan base is almost as bad as the Knicks fans in this regard? I'm glad they don't hold the draft in Indy... Or we would look like the a-holes...
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J7F For This Useful Post:


  10. #6
    Member BigAndy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    22
    Posts
    73
    Mood

    Default Re: Plumlee press conference

    lol at Pritchard saying that Plumlee is about being tough and blocking shots.
    Last edited by BigAndy; 06-29-2012 at 01:15 PM. Reason: typo

  11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BigAndy For This Useful Post:


  12. #7
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,189

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Plumlee press conference

    Quote Originally Posted by J7F View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dare I say our fan base is almost as bad as the Knicks fans in this regard? I'm glad they don't hold the draft in Indy... Or we would look like the a-holes...
    They did one year. Ironically, it was the year we drafted Bailey.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

    J7F

  14. #8
    10 - 32 - 50 31andonly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,579

    Default Re: Plumlee press conference

    Oh ******, he's got David Harrison's number.
    Thank you Jeff.

  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 31andonly For This Useful Post:


  16. #9
    Obviously ur not a golfer 5_7_Clash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    322

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Plumlee press conference

    He's No. 13!! Hahaha...

  17. #10
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,377

    Default Re: Plumlee press conference

    Kind of a negative presser, very defensive. I think KP and Donnie spend alot of time just trying to justify themselves.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  18. #11
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Plumlee press conference

    No no no no no no no no NOT 13
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  19. #12
    Parachromis HC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hartford City
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,794
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Plumlee press conference

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kind of a negative presser, very defensive. I think KP and Donnie spend alot of time just trying to justify Larry.
    fixed
    "Can you take away every single day that we have given to another false prophet" -- Corey Taylor

  20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HC For This Useful Post:


  21. #13
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,377

    Default Re: Plumlee press conference

    Seemed like half the media wasn't even there, I didn't here any questions from local news stations.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  22. #14
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,189

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Plumlee press conference

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kind of a negative presser, very defensive. I think KP and Donnie spend alot of time just trying to justify themselves.
    Have you seen how crude some of the questions being submitted on Twitter for the video interview they are about to do with Plumlee? I don't blame Pritch and Donnie for being defensive! I'm absolutely disgusted with what much of the fanbase has submitted.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  23. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  24. #15
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,717

    Default Re: Plumlee press conference

    I cannot remember the last pick that people were happy with. I know that ius a blanket statement, but even Paul george a lot of people had never heard of him. Probably the last pick everyone was happy with was granger

  25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  26. #16
    Member Jrod Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ann Arbor
    Posts
    170

    Default Re: Plumlee press conference

    After a night of sleep I really have come to terms with the fact that the frontoffice wanted a backup C, and decided that Plumlee was the best option for the position. I am not so upset with the pick (I think his size and athleticism gives him a good chance to stick around on the bench for multiple years) as I am with the fact that he could absolutely have been drafted 10-15 picks later.

    The thing that bugs (I guess bugged now) me with Bird's draft strategy is that he refuses to look at how the league views players and use it to his advantage. If he saw Plumlee as the answer to our backup 5 slot, thats great. BUT he should have the wherewithal to know that there are big names dropping to his pick and he could get back some sort of value while still getting the guy he wants. With PJIII, Moultrie, Teague, etc. all available at our pick it just makes sense to scan the market and see who is interested in moving up. Maybe the Warriors want to move up 4-5 picks to secure either PJIII or Moultrie if they planned on taking a bigman and Ezeli was just the best big left. Maybe the Bobcats were hoping that Teague fell 3 more picks, but would have been interested in leapfrogging the bulls for a shot at a starting PG. The Cavs drafted Bernard James, a center, with the 33rd pick. You don't think Ezeli, PJIII and Moultrie would have interested them?

    Even if we only get a future 2nd in return, making a move down 2, 3, even 10 spots shows a certain amount of savvy-ness from that I just don't see.

    Its only the 26th pick so its not a crucial mistake, its just something that I think Bird has never seriously included in his draft plan, and I think it was one of his biggest weaknesses.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Jrod Jones For This Useful Post:


  28. #17
    Parachromis HC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hartford City
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,794
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Plumlee press conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have you seen how crude some of the questions being submitted on Twitter for the video interview they are about to do with Plumlee? I don't blame Pritch and Donnie for being defensive! I'm absolutely disgusted with what much of the fanbase has submitted.
    Not overly thrilled with the pick at this point, but I have to agree.
    "Can you take away every single day that we have given to another false prophet" -- Corey Taylor

  29. #18

    Default Re: Plumlee press conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I cannot remember the last pick that people were happy with. I know that ius a blanket statement, but even Paul george a lot of people had never heard of him. Probably the last pick everyone was happy with was granger
    I think most people liked trading for George Hill, the local player.

  30. #19

    Default Re: Plumlee press conference

    90% would have been happy if we traded up for Zeller or drafted any one of a dozen players with demonstrated basketball ability, rather than a guy who I guess is considered consistent since he scored 4 points against Belmont to open his final college season and 4 points against Lehigh in his career finale.

    We got the reaction we would have gotten if we had drafted Tom Prichard, because we drafted a 3" taller version of Tom Pritchard who happened to have aced a jumping drill. Or if you prefer, a homeless man's Solomon Jones, at least based on actual collegiate production
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:


  32. #20
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Plumlee press conference

    Anyone else having trouble loading the Ask Miles video stream?
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  33. #21
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,189

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Plumlee press conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone else having trouble loading the Ask Miles video stream?
    Try again, they literally just started about 10 seconds ago.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  35. #22
    The Nite Owl LA_Confidential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,542

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Plumlee press conference

    Question? If Plumlee turns out to be a Jeff Foster clone, (Hustle, Toughness, Rebounding, Defense, Leadership, Longevity) will we Pacers fans be satisfied?

  36. #23
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Plumlee press conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Try again, they literally just started about 10 seconds ago.
    I got it, thanks. I thought the player plugin for firefox had crashed when the player didn't load. Turns out they just hadn't started yet.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  37. #24

    Default Re: Plumlee press conference

    Quote Originally Posted by LA_Confidential View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Question? If Plumlee turns out to be a Jeff Foster clone, (Hustle, Toughness, Rebounding, Defense, Leadership, Longevity) will we Pacers fans be satisfied?
    I'd be thrilled. I cheered for Solmon Jones to succeed too.

    Jeff showed Hustle, Toughness, Rebounding, Defense, Leadership, Longevity in college. Would he have been outmuscled and shut down by undersized centers from Belmont, Lehigh, and UNC-Greensboro?
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:


  39. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Bonaventure, NY
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,836
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Plumlee press conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd be thrilled. I cheered for Solmon Jones to succeed too.

    Jeff showed Hustle, Toughness, Rebounding, Defense, Leadership, Longevity in college. Would he have been outmuscled and shut down by undersized centers from Belmont, Lehigh, and UNC-Greensboro?
    you are forgetting Butler Matt Howard ate him up. If he had the motor of Matt Howard I would love this pick I just didnt see it.

    the Lehigh game was LOL his PnR defense was atrocious that game he made CJ McCollum look like Drose on the drive. (CJ is good mind you a 1st rd pick next year IMO but playing Duke he shouldn't look that good)

Similar Threads

  1. Press Conference 12 P.M. Friday
    By DGPR in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-25-2010, 08:36 AM
  2. Pacers Press Conference
    By QuickRelease in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 05-12-2009, 10:43 PM
  3. Press Conference?
    By CompACE in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-11-2008, 11:25 AM
  4. 3:30 Press Conference, What Going Down?
    By Targaflorio in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 163
    Last Post: 03-26-2008, 12:45 AM
  5. Artest press conference
    By able in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-20-2004, 10:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •