Thread: Why Miles Plumlee deserves a chance

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Why Miles Plumlee deserves a chance

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think everyone is unhappy about the pick because better value was there at every level.

The comparison to Jeff Foster is hilarious to me. Jeff was a veteran sub par starter who had very little offensive game what so ever. Miles will be lucky to be a Jeff Foster and even if he is you don't pass up players with more potential than Jeff Foster who drop to your lap in the late first.

Personally I am glad Bird is gone from doing the drafts and this will be like the Brandon Rush Roy Hibbert picks where I am more excited about the second pick than I am the first.
    Not everone is upset with our draft pick. One does not expect much from the 26th pick. It takes a while for big men to develop. Look how much Hibbert has improved since he was drafted. Plumlee has the physical tools to be a first rate back up and even bring some nasty attitude to the second team. If he can spell Hibbert and keep his minutes down and play a little at PF, he will be a good pick. So many here obsessed about a PG but when did you ever hear Bird and company say that they were not happy with the PG situation the way it is now? We picked up two pieces with potential with our late first rounder and buying a second rounder. Good draft considering the conditions. It will take one of our starters to pull in a starter. I'm not sure the Pacers want to do that. Simon is happy just having a team make the playoffs and won't spend the money to produce a real contender. That is why Bird is leaving in my opinion.......

Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    Well, there goes the notion that he could've been had in the second round, let alone all the way down at #56.
    Even if that's what would have happened, get better value for your pick and let this guy go.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

So my big question that I don't have a real answer to having not watched many Duke games is whether or not he's good passer. I'm trying to take comfort in the comparisons to Foster, but to me it seemed like Foster became a much bigger impact on the team when he learned to pass well. In fact, having him and Mike Dunleavy on the floor together actually worked out quite well for us a lot of the time because of their uncanny connection.

Basically, I'd feel better about him not being an offensive threat if I knew he could see the floor as a 7 footer should. Can anybody shed some light here?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    I just think with our coaching staff and the hard working guys that we already have, PJIII would have made sense. He's got skills, but lacking in the motivation. I'm more than positive our guys/staff would get the most out of PJIII. Oh well, hope he proves every team that passed on him wrong.

I really want this draft stickied, so we can come back in a few years and see if the majority of us were wrong or right.
    I think with PJIII his college coaching was not good from the standpoint he did not really have a set role, and also he probably prefers playing a wing role instead, so he was kind of in between both and never really looked comfortable doing either. But as many stated he should mesh very well with OKC, he will really help them next year if he is healthy.
    Why so SERIOUS

He is our poor man's Dale Davis.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

I'm all for this pick, excited when I heard it last night, Plumlee is what we didn't have all season coming off the bench. He will provide 7 feet of muscle with a 40" vertical. He is already better then Lou (Lou on his best game). I am glad we didn't take a project or bad knees at pick 26. Pacers filled a need last night more then taking the best available hopeful. Props to Larry for having the stones to do the unpopular pick.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."