Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 549

Thread: Let's talk about Miles Plumlee

  1. #51

    Default Re: Let's talk about Miles Plumlee

    Quote Originally Posted by Shabazz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nah, McRoberts is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more skilled.

    Miles Plumlee is an uncoordinated big man. That is why he couldn't even hold his starting spot at Duke. He isn't even in the same hemisphere as McRoberts. But he has muscles, so the Pacers like him.
    Josh McRoberts had a 31.5 in vert. Plumlee has a 40.5 in vert. Not in the same hemisphere, indeed.

  2. #52
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,061

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's talk about Miles Plumlee

    Quote Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Go ahead and keep minimizing this craptastic pick, PD faithful. But the bottom line is Larry Bird fell in love with yet another non-athletic, over-his-head white guy. This pick is in the Isiah Thomas/Knicks GM zip code of incompetence.
    I hate the pick, but Miles Plumlee is actually really athletic.

  3. #53
    pacer fan since 88-89 Mr_Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis/Noblesville
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,501

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's talk about Miles Plumlee

    I said it before and I'll say it again.....No Draymond Green??? No Perry Jones III??? thanks Larry
    And the walls came tumbling down.....

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's talk about Miles Plumlee

    Quote Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Go ahead and keep minimizing this craptastic pick, PD faithful. But the bottom line is Larry Bird fell in love with yet another non-athletic, over-his-head white guy. This pick is in the Isiah Thomas/Knicks GM zip code of incompetence.
    You assumed one of the most athletic big men in pre-draft history was nonathletic because he's white?

  5. #55
    Psycho T!!!!! Shabazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    236

    Default Re: Let's talk about Miles Plumlee

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At least it's not as bad as the Hansbrough pick, but it's the same ****.
    You must be smoking rocks.
    <---- Hansbrough smiling in the training room after Gerald Henderson's cheap shot. UNC won the game, Tyler was happy so he took this picture. Roy Williams keeps it on his desk.

  6. #56
    John Ringo ApNeDtRiEeW's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Kokomo
    Age
    26
    Posts
    358

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's talk about Miles Plumlee

    Quote Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Go ahead and keep minimizing this craptastic pick, PD faithful. But the bottom line is Larry Bird fell in love with yet another non-athletic, over-his-head white guy. This pick is in the Isiah Thomas/Knicks GM zip code of incompetence.
    Un-athletic? Explain please.

  7. #57
    Since 1984 1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,811

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's talk about Miles Plumlee

    Remember folks, a backup center in free agency costs at least three times what Plumlee will cost. This may give us extended flexibility. I must admit, I truly expected us to trade up for a true point guard. However, we will see where this shall lead. Please, don't overpay George Hill!

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to 1984 For This Useful Post:


  9. #58
    Psycho T!!!!! Shabazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    236

    Default Re: Let's talk about Miles Plumlee

    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdStrike View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Josh McRoberts had a 31.5 in vert. Plumlee has a 40.5 in vert. Not in the same hemisphere, indeed.


    Yes, we all know Plumlees can jump. This point has been well known by anyone who follows basketball for about 5-6 years now. All three Plumlee brothers are great leapers. The youngest one, a true center, won the McD slam dunk contest and then sat the whole season at the end of Duke's bench.

    If jumping high is all you care about, you must be thrilled. But the point still stands than McRoberts is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more skilled than Miles Plumlee.
    <---- Hansbrough smiling in the training room after Gerald Henderson's cheap shot. UNC won the game, Tyler was happy so he took this picture. Roy Williams keeps it on his desk.

  10. #59
    Member Reginald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fishers, IN
    Posts
    193

    Default Re: Let's talk about Miles Plumlee

    For those paying attention, as far as I could tell on the ESPN ticker no first round draft pick drew over a 10% "F" grade in their insta-polling, save for the Pacers' pick, which came in at over 36%.

    #TheHickfromFrenchLickcansuckit
    "Reggie Miller is the hardest player to guard." --Kobe Bryant

    "Playing Reggie Miller drives me nuts. It's like chicken-fighting with a woman." --Michael Jordan

  11. #60
    Psycho T!!!!! Shabazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    236

    Default Re: Let's talk about Miles Plumlee

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hate the pick, but Miles Plumlee is actually really athletic.

    Yes, all three Plumlee brothers are great at jumping.

    That may be why Miles had so many highlight missed dunks last year when he wasn't being called for traveling or fumbling the ball out of bounds.
    <---- Hansbrough smiling in the training room after Gerald Henderson's cheap shot. UNC won the game, Tyler was happy so he took this picture. Roy Williams keeps it on his desk.

  12. #61

    Default Re: Let's talk about Miles Plumlee

    Our off season is now over! We over pay for the 2 free agents we have that eats all the cap space we have and go into the season with Miles as the biggest addition.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to will567 For This Useful Post:


  14. #62
    Member Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    885

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's talk about Miles Plumlee

    Quote Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Go ahead and keep minimizing this craptastic pick, PD faithful. But the bottom line is Larry Bird fell in love with yet another non-athletic, over-his-head white guy. This pick is in the Isiah Thomas/Knicks GM zip code of incompetence.
    Give me a break dude GTFO. Hans and Plum are at least physical and athletic. Yet another genius who thinks white=unathletic.

  15. #63
    Pacers 4 Life.31 and only Pacers4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    25
    Posts
    611

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's talk about Miles Plumlee

    You guys are all being ridiculous. It's not even that bad. Come back tomorrow and at least stake your argument in some sort way that carries any validity besides he sucks.

    Psycho T and him together? Do I go to bed dreaming about that? Obviously not.. But I can SEE it. I think we added another piece.. A very cheap one. Who the eff knows how this will end up? No one so just hop on and ENJOY the ride.
    Reggie Miller is a God. Period.

    Passion. Pride. Pacers.

    It's ALWAYS Miller Time.
    #31 & Only


  16. #64
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,061

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's talk about Miles Plumlee

    Quote Originally Posted by Shabazz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, all three Plumlee brothers are great at jumping.

    That may be why Miles had so many highlight missed dunks last year when he wasn't being called for traveling or fumbling the ball out of bounds.
    Stop wasting your time. We all hate the pick. Your Duke bashing isn't even needed here. We hate him on our own.

  17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  18. #65
    John Ringo ApNeDtRiEeW's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Kokomo
    Age
    26
    Posts
    358

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's talk about Miles Plumlee

    Quote Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For those paying attention, as far as I could tell on the ESPN ticker no first round draft pick drew over a 10% "F" grade in their insta-polling, save for the Pacers' pick, which came in at over 36%.

    #TheHickfromFrenchLickcansuckit
    Ok, time for bed

  19. #66
    Get well PG! DGPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Whiteland, IN
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,034

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's talk about Miles Plumlee

    This has to mean our night is over if we couldn't score a late 2nd round pick for this turd. Larry really screwed the pooch on this one and you can quote me on that.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

  20. #67
    Member Merz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,087
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's talk about Miles Plumlee

    Anyone want to talk about Scott Haskin, while we are at it?

  21. #68
    Twitter @M_Murph11 PacerPride33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lafayette IN
    Posts
    268

    Default Re: Let's talk about Miles Plumlee

    ONE OF THE ABSOLUTE WORST DRAFT PICKS IN THE HISTORY OF THE NBA. MILES IS NOTHING MORE THAN A TALLER HANSBRO AND LOU
    Murph

  22. #69
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,061

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's talk about Miles Plumlee

    36th pick is ours...

  23. #70
    Member Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    885

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's talk about Miles Plumlee

    Quote Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For those paying attention, as far as I could tell on the ESPN ticker no first round draft pick drew over a 10% "F" grade in their insta-polling, save for the Pacers' pick, which came in at over 36%.

    #TheHickfromFrenchLickcansuckit
    Yep, noticed that.

  24. #71
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,061

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's talk about Miles Plumlee

    Draymond Green, come on down!

  25. #72
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,061

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's talk about Miles Plumlee

    Never mind, he's going to Golden State. Sorry I'm ruining these.

  26. #73
    Member Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    885

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's talk about Miles Plumlee

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacers4Life View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You guys are all being ridiculous. It's not even that bad. Come back tomorrow and at least stake your argument in some sort way that carries any validity besides he sucks.

    Psycho T and him together? Do I go to bed dreaming about that? Obviously not.. But I can SEE it. I think we added another piece.. A very cheap one. Who the eff knows how this will end up? No one so just hop on and ENJOY the ride.
    I'll try, but I don't want the kool-aid. I'm drunk on the hater-aid at the moment.

  27. #74
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,061

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's talk about Miles Plumlee

    Hopefully, we traded Miles Plumlee for the 36th pick.

  28. #75
    Psycho T!!!!! Shabazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    236

    Default Re: Let's talk about Miles Plumlee

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stop wasting your time. We all hate the pick. Your Duke bashing isn't even needed here. We hate him on our own.
    That's not even Duke bashing. That is the honest truth based on watching the kid play the majority of the games he played in college.

    Repeatedly the Plumlee brothers would attempt highlight dunks when easy dunks or layups would do. It resulted in some spectacular misses. But Mason at least was skilled enough to make his moves without turning the ball over. Mason Plumlee is a legit 1st rounder. Miles has bad hands, bad footwork, and I can't believe someone drafted him in the first round.
    <---- Hansbrough smiling in the training room after Gerald Henderson's cheap shot. UNC won the game, Tyler was happy so he took this picture. Roy Williams keeps it on his desk.

Similar Threads

  1. Airline miles
    By graphic-er in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-15-2012, 07:10 PM
  2. Plumlee
    By Pacergeek in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-10-2011, 02:50 PM
  3. Nate Miles
    By IUfan4life in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-30-2011, 03:05 PM
  4. Warriors Cut Aaron Miles
    By TheLemonSong in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-10-2006, 03:09 PM
  5. CJ Miles
    By Jesus Shuttlesworth in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-11-2005, 06:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •