Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 549

Thread: Let's talk about Miles Plumlee

  1. #226

    Default Re: Let's talk about Miles Plumlee

    Alex Raskin:Shocked to see so many #Pacers fans doubting Miles Plumlee, especially considering he's from Warsaw, IN. Guy is an athletic freak

    Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz1zC4IQZBk

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pacers20 For This Useful Post:


  3. #227
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,091

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's talk about Miles Plumlee

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think is amazing how they are always looking for the next Jeff Foster like he was some kind of superstar or something, stupid decision making, I hope they don't screw free agency the same way they screwed the draft.
    I can only hope for Plumlee's sake he can figure out a way to do one thing well. If he can learn to rebound, maybe we'll give him like $100 million like we did to Foster.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:


  5. #228
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,011

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's talk about Miles Plumlee

    There wasn't any player there that was going to fill the biggest hole, which is what you said though. That, which is a scorer off of the bench IMHO, needs to be filled with a proven player, not an untested rookie who's a long shot late first round draft pick.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  7. #229
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,091

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's talk about Miles Plumlee

    Quote Originally Posted by pacers20 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Alex Raskin:Shocked to see so many #Pacers fans doubting Miles Plumlee, especially considering he's from Warsaw, IN. Guy is an athletic freak

    Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz1zC4IQZBk
    If being from Warsaw, IN and playing high school basketball in North Carolina, and then college basketball at Duke University doesn't endear you to Hoosiers, what will?

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:


  9. #230

    Default Re: Let's talk about Miles Plumlee

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think what I'm most bummed about, is that our front office watched every game last year, and concluded that the biggest hole that needed filled, was the the one left by Jeff Foster's absence.

    Until the decision makers are willing to acknowledge the real problems with the roster they've constructed, it will never be fixed.
    thats wat free agency is for....... why in the world would they want PJ3 who has no knees or anything. If miami passed on him there has got to be something wrong. OKC just hoping he doesn't get hurt.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:


  11. #231
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,292

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's talk about Miles Plumlee

    Quote Originally Posted by 5_7_Clash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This actually isn't his fault. Duke played a 3 man rotation with their bigs. They all got 15-20 min a game which is what he averaged. Their whole scheme was perimeter oriented while he was there.
    ********. Coach K may be a stubborn *******, but if Plumlee was good enough to help him win more, he'd have played a hell of a lot more than 20 minutes a night. The reason their whole scheme was perimeter oriented was becuase their big guys were garbage. Has there ever been a first rounder who played 4+ years in college that didn't play 20 minutes per game?
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  12. #232
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,091

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's talk about Miles Plumlee

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There wasn't any player there that was going to fill the biggest hole, which is what you said though. That, which is a scorer off of the bench IMHO, needs to be filled with a proven player, not an untested rookie who's a long shot late first round draft pick.
    Even if that was the biggest hole (I don't buy that at all) there were many better options to help fill that void than the guy who averaged 5 points a game as a 24 year old senior.

  13. #233

    Default Re: Let's talk about Miles Plumlee

    I just hope he dominates the summer league in Orlando especially when we play OKC (if PJ3 plays)

  14. #234
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,208

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's talk about Miles Plumlee

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    thats wat free agency is for....... why in the world would they want PJ3 who has no knees or anything. If miami passed on him there has got to be something wrong. OKC just hoping he doesn't get hurt.
    After we re-sign Roy and probably Hill, what will we realistically have left for other FA? I think we MIGHT have enough cash to get one more player in FA.

  15. #235
    Enjoying the Show BrownBearCoffee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Age
    28
    Posts
    385
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's talk about Miles Plumlee

    Pacers.com has the Plumlee jersey up for sale. I am thinking about investing in about 10 of them for when the value increases...

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrownBearCoffee For This Useful Post:


  17. #236
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,091

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's talk about Miles Plumlee

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    thats wat free agency is for....... why in the world would they want PJ3 who has no knees or anything. If miami passed on him there has got to be something wrong. OKC just hoping he doesn't get hurt.
    I never said a word about Perry Jones III. There were at least half a dozen other options that would have made more sense.

    Edit: For what it's worth, I'd have probably taken Moultrie and been totally satisfied, but if not him, I don't know how we passed on Marquis Teague.
    Last edited by Mackey_Rose; 06-29-2012 at 10:53 AM.

  18. #237

    Default Re: Let's talk about Miles Plumlee

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Even if that was the biggest hole (I don't buy that at all) there were many better options to help fill that void than the guy who averaged 5 points a game as a 24 year old senior.
    Soo?? We traded the 12th pick in the 2008 NBA draft for Lou Amundson... who can't even score 2 feet from the basket...

  19. #238
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,011

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's talk about Miles Plumlee

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Even if that was the biggest hole (I don't buy that at all) there were many better options to help fill that void than the guy who averaged 5 points a game as a 24 year old senior.
    There were "many better options" for a proven scorer for the bench still on the board? Okay....

  20. #239
    Member TOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,871

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's talk about Miles Plumlee

    I'm sure it's already been posted but I don't have time to go through the entire thread.

    Did anyone see Bill Simmons comment on the Pacers drafting Plumlee??


    Welcome to Draft Diary XVI
    10:04 — Instead of taking Miles Plumlee at no. 26, Indiana should have just walked over to Perry Jones and dumped a bucket of manure on him. That's tonight's first pick that elicited outright laughter from everyone in my living room. It's almost like they knew Larry Bird was leaving and wanted to take one last white guy in his honor, only all the white guys got taken and they still stubbornly stuck to the plan. Nope, we promised we'd do it for Larry … just take Plumlee, it will be fine …

    Sweet.... even writers on ESPN are making fun of our franchise and the fact that Larry Bird is obsessed with bad white players.
    "I have never taken the high road, but I tell other people to ’cause then there’s more room for me on the low road."

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Useful Post:


  22. #240
    Obviously ur not a golfer 5_7_Clash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    331

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's talk about Miles Plumlee

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ********. Coach K may be a stubborn *******, but if Plumlee was good enough to help him win more, he'd have played a hell of a lot more than 20 minutes a night. The reason their whole scheme was perimeter oriented was becuase their big guys were garbage. Has there ever been a first rounder who played 4+ years in college that didn't play 20 minutes per game?
    I don't disagree. I'm just pointing out that his minutes weren't based solely on his performance.

  23. #241
    Member TOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,871

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's talk about Miles Plumlee

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    thats wat free agency is for....... why in the world would they want PJ3 who has no knees or anything. If miami passed on him there has got to be something wrong. OKC just hoping he doesn't get hurt.

    DeJuan Blair had no ACL's and everyone passsed on him.

    Good move by the other 29 teams.
    "I have never taken the high road, but I tell other people to ’cause then there’s more room for me on the low road."

  24. #242
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,011

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's talk about Miles Plumlee

    Hibbert is a bad white player? Rush is bad white player? Paul George is a bad white player? Lance Stephenson is a bad white player?

    I guess Tyler Hansborough being white trumps multiple black guys.

  25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  26. #243
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,208

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's talk about Miles Plumlee

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think is amazing how they are always looking for the next Jeff Foster like he was some kind of superstar or something, stupid decision making, I hope they don't screw free agency the same way they screwed the draft.
    This is what I was thinking when I heard Bird'd post-draft comments. Why are we trying to find the next Jeff Foster? lol. I loved Jeff but I personally would want someone with more talent instead. But that's just me.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  28. #244
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,081

    Default Re: Let's talk about Miles Plumlee

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hate the pick.

    I also hated drafting that big stiff from Georgetown named Hibbert.
    I liked the Hibbert pick. But I really like your comment.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  29. #245
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,208

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's talk about Miles Plumlee

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibbert is a bad white player? Rush is bad white player? Paul George is a bad white player? Lance Stephenson is a bad white player?

    I guess Tyler Hansborough being white trumps multiple black guys.
    Though I disagree with him, I think TOP was referring to Murphy, Dunleavy, Diener and Mcbob as opposed to players that were drafted by Bird

  30. #246
    Member TOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,871

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's talk about Miles Plumlee

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibbert is a bad white player? Rush is bad white player? Paul George is a bad white player? Lance Stephenson is a bad white player?

    I guess Tyler Hansborough being white trumps multiple black guys.

    Troy Murphy, Mike Dunleavy, Peja Stojakovic, Tyler Hansbrough, Josh McRoberts, Travis Deiner, Lou Amundson, Fes and now Miles Plumlee. Which of those guys were that great for us? I don't think I'd call any of them good. At one point, I think we had like 5 white guys on the team. Also, Brandon Rush got traded for a white guy and George/Stephenson have only been on the team for 2 years. We'll never know what would have happened since Bird is gone now.

    Bill Simmons isn't a Pacers fan and he commented on it. Not sure why my comment upsets you when even non-fans of the Pacers know that Bird likes white players.
    Last edited by TOP; 06-29-2012 at 11:03 AM.
    "I have never taken the high road, but I tell other people to ’cause then there’s more room for me on the low road."

  31. #247
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,525

    Default Re: Let's talk about Miles Plumlee

    Wheels are wobbling here... come on fellas.

  32. #248
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,011

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's talk about Miles Plumlee

    Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Troy Murphy, Mike Dunleavy, Peja Stojakovic, Tyler Hansbrough, Josh McRoberts, Travis Deiner, Lou Amundson, and now Miles Plumlee. Which of those guys were that great for us? I don't think I'd call any of them good. At one point, I think we had like 5 white guys on the team. Also, Brandon Rush got traded for a white guy and George/Stephenson have only been on the team for 2 years. We'll never know what would have happened since Bird is gone now.
    A team with 5 white guys means they have 7 non-white guys.... This white/black this is so overblown and idiotic.

    Bill Simmons does what Bill Simmons does. He was a writer for Jimmy Kimmel. I don't think his tongue-in-cheek comedic lines should be taken all that seriously.
    Last edited by Since86; 06-29-2012 at 11:02 AM.

  33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  34. #249
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,762

    Default Re: Let's talk about Miles Plumlee

    Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sure it's already been posted but I don't have time to go through the entire thread.

    Did anyone see Bill Simmons comment on the Pacers drafting Plumlee??


    Welcome to Draft Diary XVI



    Sweet.... even writers on ESPN are making fun of our franchise and the fact that Larry Bird is obsessed with bad white players.
    you are joking right .

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  36. #250
    Member sav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    North Central Indiana
    Posts
    263

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's talk about Miles Plumlee

    Plumlee is a great pcik at #26.

    What the Pacers needed heading into the draft was a starting center (re-sign Hibbert), a starting PG (re-sign Hill), someone that could score off the bench and a back up center. There are multiple free agents that can score off the bench.

    Plumlee at 6'11" 250 gives us size at back up center. Re-signing Hibbert along with Plumlee should make the center position solid for many years.

    Now we need to find a wing man that can score. Once we sign Hill, we will have Collison to trade or we could sign a free agent...Brandon Roy (if healthy) maybe?

Similar Threads

  1. Airline miles
    By graphic-er in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-15-2012, 07:10 PM
  2. Plumlee
    By Pacergeek in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-10-2011, 02:50 PM
  3. Nate Miles
    By IUfan4life in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-30-2011, 03:05 PM
  4. Warriors Cut Aaron Miles
    By TheLemonSong in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-10-2006, 03:09 PM
  5. CJ Miles
    By Jesus Shuttlesworth in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-11-2005, 06:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •