Announcement

Collapse

The Rules of Pacers Digest

Hello everyone,

Whether your are a long standing forum member or whether you have just registered today, it's a good idea to read and review the rules below so that you have a very good idea of what to expect when you come to Pacers Digest.

A quick note to new members: Your posts will not immediately show up when you make them. An administrator has to approve at least your first post before the forum software will later upgrade your account to the status of a fully-registered member. This usually happens within a couple of hours or so after your post(s) is/are approved, so you may need to be a little patient at first.

Why do we do this? So that it's more difficult for spammers (be they human or robot) to post, and so users who are banned cannot immediately re-register and start dousing people with verbal flames.

Below are the rules of Pacers Digest. After you have read them, you will have a very good sense of where we are coming from, what we expect, what we don't want to see, and how we react to things.

Rule #1

Pacers Digest is intended to be a place to discuss basketball without having to deal with the kinds of behaviors or attitudes that distract people from sticking with the discussion of the topics at hand. These unwanted distractions can come in many forms, and admittedly it can sometimes be tricky to pin down each and every kind that can rear its ugly head, but we feel that the following examples and explanations cover at least a good portion of that ground and should at least give people a pretty good idea of the kinds of things we actively discourage:

"Anyone who __________ is a liar / a fool / an idiot / a blind homer / has their head buried in the sand / a blind hater / doesn't know basketball / doesn't watch the games"

"People with intelligence will agree with me when I say that __________"

"Only stupid people think / believe / do ___________"

"I can't wait to hear something from PosterX when he/she sees that **insert a given incident or current event that will have probably upset or disappointed PosterX here**"

"He/she is just delusional"

"This thread is stupid / worthless / embarrassing"

"I'm going to take a moment to point and / laugh at PosterX / GroupOfPeopleY who thought / believed *insert though/belief here*"

"Remember when PosterX said OldCommentY that no longer looks good? "

In general, if a comment goes from purely on topic to something 'ad hominem' (personal jabs, personal shots, attacks, flames, however you want to call it, towards a person, or a group of people, or a given city/state/country of people), those are most likely going to be found intolerable.

We also dissuade passive aggressive behavior. This can be various things, but common examples include statements that are basically meant to imply someone is either stupid or otherwise incapable of holding a rational conversation. This can include (but is not limited to) laughing at someone's conclusions rather than offering an honest rebuttal, asking people what game they were watching, or another common problem is Poster X will say "that player isn't that bad" and then Poster Y will say something akin to "LOL you think that player is good". We're not going to tolerate those kinds of comments out of respect for the community at large and for the sake of trying to just have an honest conversation.

Now, does the above cover absolutely every single kind of distraction that is unwanted? Probably not, but you should by now have a good idea of the general types of things we will be discouraging. The above examples are meant to give you a good feel for / idea of what we're looking for. If something new or different than the above happens to come along and results in the same problem (that being, any other attitude or behavior that ultimately distracts from actually just discussing the topic at hand, or that is otherwise disrespectful to other posters), we can and we will take action to curb this as well, so please don't take this to mean that if you managed to technically avoid saying something exactly like one of the above examples that you are then somehow off the hook.

That all having been said, our goal is to do so in a generally kind and respectful way, and that doesn't mean the moment we see something we don't like that somebody is going to be suspended or banned, either. It just means that at the very least we will probably say something about it, quite possibly snipping out the distracting parts of the post in question while leaving alone the parts that are actually just discussing the topics, and in the event of a repeating or excessive problem, then we will start issuing infractions to try to further discourage further repeat problems, and if it just never seems to improve, then finally suspensions or bans will come into play. We would prefer it never went that far, and most of the time for most of our posters, it won't ever have to.

A slip up every once and a while is pretty normal, but, again, when it becomes repetitive or excessive, something will be done. Something occasional is probably going to be let go (within reason), but when it starts to become habitual or otherwise a pattern, odds are very good that we will step in.

There's always a small minority that like to push people's buttons and/or test their own boundaries with regards to the administrators, and in the case of someone acting like that, please be aware that this is not a court of law, but a private website run by people who are simply trying to do the right thing as they see it. If we feel that you are a special case that needs to be dealt with in an exceptional way because your behavior isn't explicitly mirroring one of our above examples of what we generally discourage, we can and we will take atypical action to prevent this from continuing if you are not cooperative with us.

Also please be aware that you will not be given a pass simply by claiming that you were 'only joking,' because quite honestly, when someone really is just joking, for one thing most people tend to pick up on the joke, including the person or group that is the target of the joke, and for another thing, in the event where an honest joke gets taken seriously and it upsets or angers someone, the person who is truly 'only joking' will quite commonly go out of his / her way to apologize and will try to mend fences. People who are dishonest about their statements being 'jokes' do not do so, and in turn that becomes a clear sign of what is really going on. It's nothing new.

In any case, quite frankly, the overall quality and health of the entire forum's community is more important than any one troublesome user will ever be, regardless of exactly how a problem is exhibiting itself, and if it comes down to us having to make a choice between you versus the greater health and happiness of the entire community, the community of this forum will win every time.

Lastly, there are also some posters, who are generally great contributors and do not otherwise cause any problems, who sometimes feel it's their place to provoke or to otherwise 'mess with' that small minority of people described in the last paragraph, and while we possibly might understand why you might feel you WANT to do something like that, the truth is we can't actually tolerate that kind of behavior from you any more than we can tolerate the behavior from them. So if we feel that you are trying to provoke those other posters into doing or saying something that will get themselves into trouble, then we will start to view you as a problem as well, because of the same reason as before: The overall health of the forum comes first, and trying to stir the pot with someone like that doesn't help, it just makes it worse. Some will simply disagree with this philosophy, but if so, then so be it because ultimately we have to do what we think is best so long as it's up to us.

If you see a problem that we haven't addressed, the best and most appropriate course for a forum member to take here is to look over to the left of the post in question. See underneath that poster's name, avatar, and other info, down where there's a little triangle with an exclamation point (!) in it? Click that. That allows you to report the post to the admins so we can definitely notice it and give it a look to see what we feel we should do about it. Beyond that, obviously it's human nature sometimes to want to speak up to the poster in question who has bothered you, but we would ask that you try to refrain from doing so because quite often what happens is two or more posters all start going back and forth about the original offending post, and suddenly the entire thread is off topic or otherwise derailed. So while the urge to police it yourself is understandable, it's best to just report it to us and let us handle it. Thank you!

All of the above is going to be subject to a case by case basis, but generally and broadly speaking, this should give everyone a pretty good idea of how things will typically / most often be handled.

Rule #2

If the actions of an administrator inspire you to make a comment, criticism, or express a concern about it, there is a wrong place and a couple of right places to do so.

The wrong place is to do so in the original thread in which the administrator took action. For example, if a post gets an infraction, or a post gets deleted, or a comment within a larger post gets clipped out, in a thread discussing Paul George, the wrong thing to do is to distract from the discussion of Paul George by adding your off topic thoughts on what the administrator did.

The right places to do so are:

A) Start a thread about the specific incident you want to talk about on the Feedback board. This way you are able to express yourself in an area that doesn't throw another thread off topic, and this way others can add their two cents as well if they wish, and additionally if there's something that needs to be said by the administrators, that is where they will respond to it.

B) Send a private message to the administrators, and they can respond to you that way.

If this is done the wrong way, those comments will be deleted, and if it's a repeating problem then it may also receive an infraction as well.

Rule #3

If a poster is bothering you, and an administrator has not or will not deal with that poster to the extent that you would prefer, you have a powerful tool at your disposal, one that has recently been upgraded and is now better than ever: The ability to ignore a user.

When you ignore a user, you will unfortunately still see some hints of their existence (nothing we can do about that), however, it does the following key things:

A) Any post they make will be completely invisible as you scroll through a thread.

B) The new addition to this feature: If someone QUOTES a user you are ignoring, you do not have to read who it was, or what that poster said, unless you go out of your way to click on a link to find out who it is and what they said.

To utilize this feature, from any page on Pacers Digest, scroll to the top of the page, look to the top right where it says 'Settings' and click that. From the settings page, look to the left side of the page where it says 'My Settings', and look down from there until you see 'Edit Ignore List' and click that. From here, it will say 'Add a Member to Your List...' Beneath that, click in the text box to the right of 'User Name', type in or copy & paste the username of the poster you are ignoring, and once their name is in the box, look over to the far right and click the 'Okay' button. All done!

Rule #4

Regarding infractions, currently they carry a value of one point each, and that point will expire in 31 days. If at any point a poster is carrying three points at the same time, that poster will be suspended until the oldest of the three points expires.

Rule #5

When you share or paste content or articles from another website, you must include the URL/link back to where you found it, who wrote it, and what website it's from. Said content will be removed if this doesn't happen.

An example:

If I copy and paste an article from the Indianapolis Star website, I would post something like this:

http://www.linktothearticlegoeshere.com/article
Title of the Article
Author's Name
Indianapolis Star

Rule #6

We cannot tolerate illegal videos on Pacers Digest. This means do not share any links to them, do not mention any websites that host them or link to them, do not describe how to find them in any way, and do not ask about them. Posts doing anything of the sort will be removed, the offenders will be contacted privately, and if the problem becomes habitual, you will be suspended, and if it still persists, you will probably be banned.

The legal means of watching or listening to NBA games are NBA League Pass Broadband (for US, or for International; both cost money) and NBA Audio League Pass (which is free). Look for them on NBA.com.

Rule #7

Provocative statements in a signature, or as an avatar, or as the 'tagline' beneath a poster's username (where it says 'Member' or 'Administrator' by default, if it is not altered) are an unwanted distraction that will more than likely be removed on sight. There can be shades of gray to this, but in general this could be something political or religious that is likely going to provoke or upset people, or otherwise something that is mean-spirited at the expense of a poster, a group of people, or a population.

It may or may not go without saying, but this goes for threads and posts as well, particularly when it's not made on the off-topic board (Market Square).

We do make exceptions if we feel the content is both innocuous and unlikely to cause social problems on the forum (such as wishing someone a Merry Christmas or a Happy Easter), and we also also make exceptions if such topics come up with regards to a sports figure (such as the Lance Stephenson situation bringing up discussions of domestic abuse and the law, or when Jason Collins came out as gay and how that lead to some discussion about gay rights).

However, once the discussion seems to be more/mostly about the political issues instead of the sports figure or his specific situation, the thread is usually closed.

Rule #8

We prefer self-restraint and/or modesty when making jokes or off topic comments in a sports discussion thread. They can be fun, but sometimes they derail or distract from a topic, and we don't want to see that happen. If we feel it is a problem, we will either delete or move those posts from the thread.

Rule #9

Generally speaking, we try to be a "PG-13" rated board, and we don't want to see sexual content or similarly suggestive content. Vulgarity is a more muddled issue, though again we prefer things to lean more towards "PG-13" than "R". If we feel things have gone too far, we will step in.

Rule #10

We like small signatures, not big signatures. The bigger the signature, the more likely it is an annoying or distracting signature.

Rule #11

Do not advertise anything without talking about it with the administrators first. This includes advertising with your signature, with your avatar, through private messaging, and/or by making a thread or post.
See more
See less

Mike Wells LIVE CHAT on Indy Star (12-1p)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Wells LIVE CHAT on Indy Star (12-1p)

http://www.indystar.com/interactive/...om-noon-1-p-m-

The chat is live from Noon to 1:00pm.
    Last edited by The Sleeze; 06-28-2012, 12:31 PM.
    I know "Sleeze" is spelled incorrectly. I spell it this way because it's based on a name.

Re: Mike Wells LIVE CHAT on Indy Star (12-1p)

Comment From Alan
    What are the odds we'll make a trade tonight?
    12:04
    IndyStarSports: I was told last night that the Pacers have 3-4 players they're eyeing. Of course, the person I talked to wouldn't reveal who those players were. I still think the Pacers trade the pick or move up.

Well thats good i guess
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

Comment

I like wells thinking!! for once...

Comment

12:01

IndyStarSports:
        Good afternoon everybody. Let's get it rolling
        12:02

Comment From RJ
        How much power is Bird giving KP in this draft?
        12:02

IndyStarSports:
        Bird values Pritchard's opinion. That's why he's been pushing for him to be GM for over a year. And that's why Pritchard's will have a significant say. But again, like with David Morway, Bird will have the final say
        12:03

Comment From Guest
        Do you see Bird coming back in a year?

IndyStarSports:
        Bird will be back in a front office. I just don't see it being with the Pacers. What is it, a tag team, take a year and come back organization? He'll see what opens up around the league next summer and then go from there.

Comment From Alan
        What are the odds we'll make a trade tonight?

IndyStarSports:
        I was told last night that the Pacers have 3-4 players they're eyeing. Of course, the person I talked to wouldn't reveal who those players were. I still think the Pacers trade the pick or move up.

Comment From Cakes
        I've been right on the last two drafts (Psycho T and GHill trade), I'm feeling Will Barton out of Memphis. He's the type of wiry wing Larry has shown affinity for - good or bad (i.e. Paul George, James White, Shawne Williams). See that happeneing?
        12:05

IndyStarSports:
        Sure you've been right Cakes. Of course people will say that now. Just remember I had Draymond Green in my mock
        12:06

Comment From Steve
        Hey Mike! It seems that Collison and Granger are the two guys that could get traded tonight...how true is that?
        12:07

IndyStarSports:
        I'm saying Collison is traded before the season started. I don't see him wanting to come back as Hill's backup if the Pacers re-sign him. Remember Collison lost his job because he was injured and because Hill took off after that. So DC didn't do anything wrong but get injured.
        12:07

Comment From Gerry
        Hey Mike, Hoops world is reporting that Eric Gordon’s preferred destination is still Indiana over New Orleans and that the Pacers front office is looking to make a sign and trade. I know Herb won’t make an offer to restricted free agents but have you heard anything about any sign and trades for Eric Gordon?
        12:08

IndyStarSports:
        I'd be shocked if New Orleans let Gordon walk. They're going to build around him and Anthony Davis. And they gave up a future Hall of Famer in CP3 for Gordon.
        12:08

Comment From Alan
        How high would you rank the trade value of Tyler Hansbrough? Is he worth a mid (teens) pick?
        12:09

IndyStarSports:
        No, after struggling last season, the Pacers would probably only get a 2nd round pick for Tyler
        12:09

Comment From Alan
        Do you see Danny Granger in a Pacers uniform next season?
        12:10

IndyStarSports:
        I do see Granger returning because Paul George isn't ready to handle the roll as the Pacers go-to player yet. Granger isn't an all star but he's still the Pacers best scorer.
        12:10

Comment From Luke
        Any idea yet on who the Pacers will take this evening?
        12:11

IndyStarSports:
        Kevin Pritchard said don't read into them bringing Draymond Green, Jeff Tayler and Will Burton back for a 2nd workout. I'm not buying that. Those 3 players are on the Pacers' radar
        12:11

Comment From K. (Poland)
        Hello Mike. So - which position is Larry Bird going to strenghten tonight?
        12:12

IndyStarSports:
        Pacers will take the best player available with their pick if they keep it at 26.
        12:12

Comment From Matt
        Is Pritchard working those phones hard? Any good deals out there?
        12:13

IndyStarSports:
        Pritchard has been working the phones hard for weeks. I was told he was working them during the predraft camp last month. You won't have to question Pritchard's work ethic. He'll definitely do his best to make a deal
        12:13

Comment From Roger
        Any chance the Pacers let George Hill walk in free agency?

12:15

IndyStarSports:
        The possibility of losing HIll is why the Pacers need to hold onto Collison for now unless they have a backup plan. Hill gets all the negotiating leverage if the Pacers trade Collison tonight because the Pacers won't have a point guard under contract for next season. AJ Price is also a free agent
        12:15

Comment From Alex
        What are we going to end up paying George Hill? I'm worried we overpay and end up plateuing with the roster that we have.
        12:16

IndyStarSports:
        I can see Hill getting about $7 million a year. Hill helped his value by showing he can play and start at either backcourt position.
        12:16

Comment From Guest
        What's more likely... trading down or up in the draft tonight?

12:17

IndyStarSports:
        Trading away the pick so that they can a player that's already in the league and they won't have to wait for him to develop
        12:17

Comment From Guest
        When can the Pacers start working on new contracts for Hibbert and Hill?
        12:18

IndyStarSports:
        At midnight Saturday night/Sunday morning. Kevin Pritchard said they'll be reaching out to their free agents right at midnight. They want to do their best to keep their starting five intact from last season
        12:19

Comment From Sandman
        Report from Hoopsworld says that the Pacers Front Office is prepared to make a offer to Eric Gordon. Are you hearing same?
        12:19

IndyStarSports:
        The Pacers will reach out to Gordon, but they'll likely only go so high because New Orleans plans to match it and Gordon has a history of injury problems.

Comment From Alan
        How high will the Pacers go in re-signing Roy Hibbert?
        12:21

IndyStarSports:
        They want to avoid signing Hibbert to a max deal - $16 million a year - but they may have to because there are number of teams looking for a center - Dallas and Houston - to name two of them. The Big Fella is probably worth about $13.5-14 million a year. But he has all the leverage because he made the All Star team last season and lack of true centers in the league
        12:21

Comment From Matt
        Well one thing Cakes is wrong about, we didn't draft Tyler two years ago
        12:22

IndyStarSports:
        Get him Matt. It was three years ago. He just insulted Paul George

Comment From Dan
        If the Pacers choose to stay at 26, do you think Green is the best player available at that point and the best fit for the team? Or another player, say maybe Fab Melo if he drops?
        12:23

IndyStarSports:
        Fab Melo is a project player. I like Green because he's a four year player. He comes from Michigan State where they preach a blue-collar, lunchbox mentality. Let's not forget David West isn't getting any younger.
        12:23

Comment From Scott
        If we trade DC and the 26th to move up to 10. Do we pick Rivers or Marshall? Knowing we would need a backup PG.

Comment From Alan
        Will Jeff Foster find a place in our newly crowded front office?
        12:25

IndyStarSports:
        Yeah, Foster will likely work in the front office. I'm not sure what his role will be. He was at most, if not all, of the predraft workouts at the fieldhouse. Foster always said he wanted to work in the front office when he retired.

12:26

Comment From Dan
        How true are the Collison and 26th pick to Hornets for 10th pick?
        12:27

IndyStarSports:
        It's true that the Pacers have been pounding the pavement trying to get something done. And yes, they have talked to the Hornets - just like a lot of other teams in the league. That's a deal worth doing if New Orleans agrees to it.
        12:27

Comment From Roy Hibbert
        What's good Mike? If the Rockets or another team such as Dallas offers me max money, do you see Indy matching?
        12:28

IndyStarSports:
        Yep, they match. Go ahead and buy you a mansion up in Carmel. Indy's your home for the next few years.
        12:28

Comment From Nick C.
        Donnie Walsh has been criticized by some for overspending on his own free agents - can we expect that for either Roy Hibbert or George Hill?

12:29

IndyStarSports:
        The Pacers will have to overspend if they expect to re-sign Hibbert. I don't see them overspending for Hill. Both sides will likely agree to a fair deal without the Pacers looking bad.

Comment From Jason
        What is your thoughts on the Pacers chances of getting Deron Williams?

ndyStarSports:
        Slim to none. But I think they should try everything possible to get Williams. Williams wants to play for winner. Dallas is a winner. New Jersey's not. The Pacers are are looking to close the gap on Miami. Miami will be the best in the East as long as LeBron, Wade and Bosh continue to produce
        12:31

Comment From Ryan
        Whose this Suzie person Bird speaks of?

IndyStarSports:
        That's Bird's secretary. She was Walsh's secretary before and will remain in that capacity now that he's back. Super nice lady.
        12:32

Comment From Scott
        Is Brandon Roy a real possibility?
        12:32

IndyStarSports:
        Very much so depending on money and Roy's health. Pritchard and Roy were together in Portland. Adding a healthy Roy takes pressure off Paul George.
        12:33

Comment From Ryan
        Would you rather have Hill or Collison? I think Price is a great backup when he's been given the chance.

ndyStarSports:
        Hill. Collison is at his best when he's always in attack mode. Hill can mix it up by being aggressive and looking to create for others
        12:34

Comment From ryan
        Why wouldn't Deron Williams want to sign with the Pacers if he wants to win now? It is a perfect fit for both

12:35

IndyStarSports:
        Money. Williams is a max player. The Pacers don't have max money. He would be a great fit for the Pacers.

Comment From Brent
        Mike are there any good trade rumors? Give us a little something.....
        12:36

IndyStarSports:
        The Pacers have been quiet for the most part. Things will pick up in a few hours. The Pacers aren't in panic mode of having to shake up their roster. Keep their starters and add a few pieces off the bench and they'll be fine.

Comment From Trent
        Whos on our trading block tonight for the draft?

IndyStarSports:
        Dahntay and Collison. Danny's name will likely come up at some point, too
        12:37

Comment From SuprCityIndyFan
        I know you said Danny is likely back, but if you could land a top 5-7 pick, would you pull the trigger?

12:38

IndyStarSports:
        Nope because none of those players projected to go in that area will likely be better than Granger.

Comment From Alex
        Didn't Hill turn down an extentsion for $7 million a year?

IndyStarSports:
        No, Pacers offered him $6 million. Hill wanted around $8 million. He'll likely want more now since he ended the season as the starter
        12:39

Comment From Sam
        Is there any way the Pacers could get Lillard?

IndyStarSports:
        Unlikely. Marshall would be the one they get if they go that route and if they move up.
        12:40

Comment From William
        Why hasn't Brian Shaw landed a head coaching gig yet?
        12:41

IndyStarSports:
        I'm baffled he hasn't landed a job. I didn't know Shaw well when he was in LA, but being around him last season gave me a better understanding why Phil Jackson, Kobe and Shaq thought he should have coached the Lakers. I think he gets the Orlando gig, which will be a big play to the Pacers.
        12:41

Comment From Tony
        Do you see Lance Stephenson becoming a rotation player next season?
        12:42

IndyStarSports:
        It's all on Lance and if he's hungry enough to put in the work this summer. I think he deserves a shot to be the first guard off the bench. Next season's Leandro Barbosa

Will the Pacers look to move DC & Tyler before thier deals end? Both do not seem like players we will want to pay a 2nd contract to. (Just my opinion) Thought?

IndyStarSports:
        Yep. I can see both of them being moved at some point, even as early as tonight.

Comment From Jesse
        How much do the Pacers rely on advanced statistics to evaluate talent vs. old school watch the tape approach? It seems like some teams trust metrics more than others...any insight?
        12:43

IndyStarSports:
        The Pacers, like most other teams in the league, have a person do analytical statistics to try and help them determine what type of player the prospect will be in the NBA. I'm not sure how effective it's been
        12:44

Comment From Coop
        Does Walsh dislike you as much as Bird does? How will the change impact you?
        12:45

IndyStarSports:
        Dislike? Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story, Coop. You must be jealous that Bird never called you out at pressers. I don't see Walsh calling anybody out at pressers, not even poor old you. Haha
        12:45

Comment From William
        What's going to happen when Herb Simon's gone? Should I start looking for new homes in Seattle?

12:46

IndyStarSports:
        Being from Seattle and being in Seattle for Game 1 of this year's Finals, the NBA should put an NBA team back there. But it won't be the Pacers. The plan is keep the Pacers in Indy with Simon's son, Stephen, taking over at some point. No worries. Besides the cost of living is outrageous in Seattle.
        12:47

Comment From Bk
        true pg Scott Machado..??

IndyStarSports:
        Not in the first round and the Pacers don't have a second round pick
        12:47

Comment From Joost
        What's Lance Stephenson up to these days, and where does he fit into next year's plans?

IndyStarSports:
        Stephenson has been living in the gym at the fieldhouse since the season ended. He's also playing in the Pro Am at IUPUI. This is a make or break year for Stephenson
        12:48

Comment From JP
        Do you really think Draymond Green can help us? i dont see it
        12:49

IndyStarSports:
        Depends on how much he plays. Don't forget Jeff Pendergraph is on the roster. I've heard he's had a hell of an offseason so far
        12:49

Comment From Matthew
        Why would Larry Bird prefer KP as GM over David Morway?

12:50

IndyStarSports:
        Go back and read some of my old blogs. Here's the condensed version: Bird didn't trust Morway anymore. He didn't think Morway knew a lot about evaluating players. he likes Pritchard's basketball knowledge. And he has a history with Pritchard, going back to when they briefly played together in Boston.
        12:50

Comment From Kevin
        Why do you say Larry will be back but with another team? Do you think it's from Herb not wanting to exceed the cap or just a change of scenery?
        12:51

IndyStarSports:
        Because he said he's only taking a year off. He didn't mention anything about retirement. He's been here long enough. He thinks it's time for change.

Comment From Shmoopy
        What's the biggest area of need for the Pacers to address tonight?

IndyStarSports:
        Backup center without question. If not tonight, then during free agency

If Shaw goes to ORL, is there a name to replace him?
        12:53

IndyStarSports:
        It's going to be interesting for Vogel if Shaw leaves, which I think will happen. This was the pecking order Vogel had for assistants when he was looking last summer.

1. Shaw
        2. Mike Woodson
        3. Terry Porter
        4. Sid Lowe.

All those coaches are currently under contract with other teams. Woodson's obviously New York's head coach
        12:53

Comment From Omry
        Are the Pacers planning on bringing over any foreign prospects any time soon?
        12:54

IndyStarSports:
        Foreign prospects and Pacers? That's a foreign concept for the Pacers. They haven't brought any over in my 8 years of covering the team
        12:54

Comment From Matt
        What would it take to move into the lottery
        12:55

IndyStarSports:
        Giving up Paul George or Danny Granger. That's not happening.

Comment From Mike
        Any chance the Pacers could lure Steve Nash to Indy?

IndyStarSports:
        Nash is a future Hall of Famer without a doubt, but he's on the decline of his career. Take a pass on it.
        12:56

Comment From Win
        When all is said and done, who will be the 2nd best player out of this draft?

IndyStarSports:
        I like Kidd-Gilchrest (spelling) and Harrison Barnes

Comment From randy
        How much input will Donnie Walsh have tonight ?
        12:57

IndyStarSports:
        He'll spend most of it on the sidelines since he didn't watch a lot of college basketball last season. He'll be heavily involved in free agency though

Comment From Shmoopy
        I assume you'll be at BLF during the draft? What will they be serving in the media room?

IndyStarSports:
        I'll be there. Don't know what they'll be serving. I'm on a diet still trying to work off all the media food from the season. Haha

Comment From Brent
        Mike, I know you see Lance play all of the time. I am not seeing that much improvement. Is it confidence are still a lack of maturity? Not trying to be mean to Lance here.

2:59

Comment From Mitchell
        Do you think Dauntay Jones could be traded for second round pick? so we could draft Robbie Hummel
        1:00

IndyStarSports:
        I wouldn't necessarily say Hummel. But I do see Dahntay getting traded at some point. Tonight or next week

Comment From Pacer 31
        Pacers looking at Teague tonight? He was in for a final workout yesterday.

IndyStarSports:
        I heard Teague got worked over in his workout yesterday. He should have stayed at Kentucky. Bad decision by him. He would have been the man next season for the Wildcats
        1:01

Comment From mike
        If Wroten Jr and Green are on the board at 26? who do the pacers take?

1:01

IndyStarSports:
        Green without a doubt. Wroten is a project. And being from Seattle like Wroten, I heard he's got some character issues. That's the last thing the Pacers need.
        Last edited by Sandman21; 06-28-2012, 12:58 PM.
        "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "

Comment

Wells:

"The possibility of losing HIll is why the Pacers need to hold onto Collison for now unless they have a backup plan. Hill gets all the negotiating leverage if the Pacers trade Collison tonight because the Pacers won't have a point guard under contract for next season. AJ Price is also a free agent"
          The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!).

Comment

Hill at $7 million is kind of a surprise. I thought they offered that at the mid-season deadline but he held out for more. Why wouldn't that number go up since he finished the year as the starter?

Comment

I'll post the entire chat once it's done for those that can't access it or don't have the time.
              I know "Sleeze" is spelled incorrectly. I spell it this way because it's based on a name.

Comment

Comment From Jason
                What is your thoughts on the Pacers chances of getting Deron Williams?
                12:31

IndyStarSports:
                Slim to none. But I think they should try everything possible to get Williams. Williams wants to play for winner. Dallas is a winner. New Jersey's not. The Pacers are are looking to close the gap on Miami. Miami will be the best in the East as long as LeBron, Wade and Bosh continue to produce
                Senior at the University of Louisville.
                Greenfield ---> The Ville

Comment

Comment From Brent
                  Mike are there any good trade rumors? Give us a little something.....

IndyStarSports: The Pacers have been quiet for the most part. Things will pick up in a few hours. The Pacers aren't in panic mode of having to shake up their roster. Keep their starters and add a few pieces off the bench and they'll be fine.

Comment

Comment From Trent
                    Whos on our trading block tonight for the draft?

IndyStarSports: Dahntay and Collison. Danny's name will likely come up at some point, too

Comment

Originally posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
                      Hill at $7 million is kind of a surprise. I thought they offered that at the mid-season deadline but he held out for more. Why wouldn't that number go up since he finished the year as the starter?

Comment From Alex
                      Didn't Hill turn down an extentsion for $7 million a year?

12:38 IndyStarSports:
                      No, Pacers offered him $6 million. Hill wanted around $8 million. He'll likely want more now since he ended the season as the starter

My name is Alex, but that's not me. He does think like I do though.

Comment

Comment From Sam
                        Is there any way the Pacers could get Lillard?

IndyStarSports: Unlikely. Marshall would be the one they get if they go that route and if they move up.

Comment

8 mil for Hill no kidding id be letting him walk if its that much
                          Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

Comment

Ugghhh. If we tie up 20M+ on Hill and Hibbert, the second round of the playoffs is going to be our absolute ceiling for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Wage View Post
                              Ugghhh. If we tie up 20M+ on Hill and Hibbert, the second round of the playoffs is going to be our absolute ceiling for a long time.
                              That is why if it comes to that you sign Hibbert and let Hill walk.
                              "The greatest thing you know Comes not from above but below" Danzig

Comment

Working...
                              X