Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: ROT IN HELL OBNOXIOUS NEIGHBORS

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default ROT IN HELL OBNOXIOUS NEIGHBORS

    I have been lucky since I bought this condo over 18 months ago, only had to call the cops once for a large party at 3:30 AM, and it was college kids who I figured were just having fun and let the party get out of hand (never had a noise problem after that)

    Well this morning at 1:00AM we were awoken to loud noises from the unit above us. We figuredthe folks were moving furniture or trying to make the sex so i just passed out. At 2:45ish we were awoken again, and the noises did not stop until a little after 0500.

    My wife thought it was a treadmill at first, then she thought it was a bunch of prostitutes. I kind of wonder if they were shooting a porn flick, or having a sex party. The noise was loud bouncing and squeaky noises, and was out of the world annoying as hell

    Did not call the cops because I am not sure if they can do anything about noises that you cannot hear outside, but holy hell it was a PIA.

  2. #2
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,311
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ROT IN HELL OBNOXIOUS NEIGHBORS

    You have a condo owner association and bylaws? Or ask to watch for free.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to indygeezer For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ROT IN HELL OBNOXIOUS NEIGHBORS

    Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You have a condo owner association and bylaws? Or ask to watch for free.
    I love realtors. You all think alike. And I just LOL at your last line

    I reached out to the association, but they also refer me back to the police. I think they can send a "warning" to the owner, but if the unit is rented the turnaround time is quite a while.

    I still havent read the bylaws Mike Ross would be ashamed of me (bad joke)

  5. #4
    Well lubricated Skaut_Ech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,397

    Default Re: ROT IN HELL OBNOXIOUS NEIGHBORS

    I would just install webcam outside their door. At some point I'm sure you'll catch btown, a donkey, 2 midgets and a drifter slinking out in the middle of the night.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skaut_Ech For This Useful Post:


  7. #5
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,882
    Mood

    Default Re: ROT IN HELL OBNOXIOUS NEIGHBORS

    Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would just install webcam outside their door. At some point I'm sure you'll catch btown, a donkey, 2 midgets and a drifter slinking out in the middle of the night.
    So just Btown and one other midget then?

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:


  9. #6
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,124
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ROT IN HELL OBNOXIOUS NEIGHBORS

    We have neighbors who have 10 kids.....who are home-schooled. They are always there.

  10. #7
    Parachromis HC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hartford City
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,805
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ROT IN HELL OBNOXIOUS NEIGHBORS

    When I bought my house 9 years ago my neighborhood was great. Now...not so much. The house right next door to me got foreclosed upon because the people living there had a balloon payment thing with their mortgage that they were apparently unaware of, and their payment nearly tripled I guess. Since then the house sat unoccupied for like 3 years until some slumlord snatched it on the cheap. Now there is this clown that rents it. He works at a resteraunt, but somehow affords 3 late model cars and a 600 dollar rental payment. The dude comes home frequently late at night with his car stereo shaking my walls and waking up my kids. I am going to punch him in the face one of these days. I'm no prude, I have a system myself....but I also have respect and common sense.
    "No one else can see the preservation of the martyr in me" -- Corey Taylor

  11. #8
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,302
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ROT IN HELL OBNOXIOUS NEIGHBORS

    You all got nothing on me. Both neighbors on either side of me have had their houses shot at by gangs within the last year. My two year old sleeps in a bedroom about 10 feet from where one of the bullets struck one of the houses. I wish all it was was stereos and sex noises.

  12. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ROT IN HELL OBNOXIOUS NEIGHBORS

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have been lucky since I bought this condo over 18 months ago, only had to call the cops once for a large party at 3:30 AM, and it was college kids who I figured were just having fun and let the party get out of hand (never had a noise problem after that)

    Well this morning at 1:00AM we were awoken to loud noises from the unit above us. We figuredthe folks were moving furniture or trying to make the sex so i just passed out. At 2:45ish we were awoken again, and the noises did not stop until a little after 0500.

    My wife thought it was a treadmill at first, then she thought it was a bunch of prostitutes. I kind of wonder if they were shooting a porn flick, or having a sex party. The noise was loud bouncing and squeaky noises, and was out of the world annoying as hell

    Did not call the cops because I am not sure if they can do anything about noises that you cannot hear outside, but holy hell it was a PIA.
    I'll bet they were all from IU......

  13. #10
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,279
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll bet they were all from IU......
    Screw you.


    Sent from #HoosierNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  14. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ROT IN HELL OBNOXIOUS NEIGHBORS

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You all got nothing on me. Both neighbors on either side of me have had their houses shot at by gangs within the last year. My two year old sleeps in a bedroom about 10 feet from where one of the bullets struck one of the houses. I wish all it was was stereos and sex noises.
    Thats scary as hell.

    Why havent you moved yet?

  15. #12

    Default Re: ROT IN HELL OBNOXIOUS NEIGHBORS

    Shootings are one thing, but loud noises? I mean...maybe, y'know, actually talk to your neighbors?

  16. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ROT IN HELL OBNOXIOUS NEIGHBORS

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shootings are one thing, but loud noises? I mean...maybe, y'know, actually talk to your neighbors?
    If only it was that easy.

    No one in our building talk to each other. Very diffrent mentallity from what I grew up with with neighbors.

    That said, that house has turned over 3-4 times (we think, its hard to say who is on floor 2, 3 or 4) and it was a short sale that was sitting empty for a while....the whole time while the real estate agent argued that the house was empty.

    Kind of hard to talk to squatters, especially if you never see them.

    That said, since this incident we have had no problems (well besides our AC breaking and plumbing issues, both issues I am OK with)

  17. #14
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,302
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ROT IN HELL OBNOXIOUS NEIGHBORS

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thats scary as hell.

    Why havent you moved yet?
    We've tried to sell twice. The first time we got an offer that fell through and literally like the next day is when the real estate market crashed. The second time we had it on the market we tried to short sale, and we got an offer that was $40k less than we owed and Bank of America wouldn't accept it. So we said to hell with it and stopped paying. That was last summer. This moth marks 12 months of not paying and BofA keeps sending letters saying we can work it out. They don't want the house any more than we do. I figure we will stay and bank our money for as long as they will let us and when they finally kick us out we will move on.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Movies.com: George Lucas Does Something Likeable For a Change: Revenge on Rich Neighbors
    By vapacersfan in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-14-2012, 09:23 AM
  2. ROT IN HELL, 'ROT IN HELL' THREADS!!!
    By SoupIsGood in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-21-2007, 03:46 AM
  3. ROT IN HELL, ROT IN HELL CRITICIZING THREADS!!!
    By btowncolt in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-18-2007, 07:35 PM
  4. Replies: 53
    Last Post: 06-01-2004, 11:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •