Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chad Ford's 10.0

Default Re: Chad Ford's 10.0

I love Michigan State. They are my 2nd favorite college basketball team after Butler. I admire the hell out of Izzo and their program, but Green is not an NBA player. He's an amazing college basketball player because he is able to offset his size and athleticism issues with his hugely superior basketball IQ, work ethic, and ball handling. However, in the NBA, his basketball IQ isn't going to be enough anymore. When it comes to a team with a starting 5 that appears to be set, I want backups who have an elite physical skill that can help carry the bench. A lot of teams have 3 point shooters come off the bench, good defensive bigs, good volume scorers, we don't have any of that. Our bench is built like a starting lineup, and IMO that is a terrible way to build a team. I think our starters are pretty awesome, and while I'd love to see Eric Gordon and/or Steve Nash added to them, the starters can beat the best teams. The bench is so weak though.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

If the workouts are any indication, Wells said reports are that he got killed yesterday at the Pacers workout.

Comment From Pacer 31
    Pacers looking at Teague tonight? He was in for a final workout yesterday.
    1:00

IndyStarSports:
    I heard Teague got worked over in his workout yesterday. He should have stayed at Kentucky. Bad decision by him. He would have been the man next season for the Wildcats
    1:01

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...dy-Star-(12-1p)
    Last edited by Speed; 06-28-2012 at 01:16 PM.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First off kind of surprised Bird is making the pick, I understand that he has been there for most of the process, but he is making the start for a new GM and new President, seems a little weird, but I bet they will add a lot of insight on the pick so it may not seem as weird as it seems.
    I don't get why he's making the pick. Green IS NOT a DW pick.....heck, I don't get the sense that he'd be a KP pick as well. But if the overall philosophy that Bird is laying down that DW will have to follow is to simply "play it safe", then I'd rather draft Jeff Taylor. The only reason why I can see picking Green over another "safe bet" like Taylor is simply because he brings a totally different skillset to the table thatn Taylor does.

Either way, I get a real strong "Hansbrough" feel to this pick if Green is chosen. I recall that many were disappointed that the Pacers appeared to have "aimed real low" by drafting Hansbrough...then he came out and played real well...thus surprising many of us....then the rest of the NBA adjusted to his game...and we now see he has more "shortcomings" and have thus "soured" on him. I just have this feeling that we will be going through the same thing with Green is he is the guy that is picked.
    Last edited by CableKC; 06-28-2012 at 01:21 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

As far as a Center Pacers need to grab a 2nd and get O'Quinn, use the pick on a differnt position, a guy with tons of potential.
    Why so SERIOUS

Eating some cranbaisins The Sleeze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    ...Either way, I get a real strong "Hansbrough" feel to this pick if Green is chosen...
    Me too. I think Green has a better jumper than Hansbrough, but overall they would seem to be similar.

Wells hints that West isn't getting any younger, and the Pacers could view Draymond Green as the long-term answer? I'm not sure I see it.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

If we could pick up a late 2nd rounder, how would anyone feel about Quincy Acy as a high energy guy off the bench?

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    If the workouts are any indication, Wells said reports are that he got killed yesterday at the Pacers workout.

Comment From Pacer 31
    Pacers looking at Teague tonight? He was in for a final workout yesterday.
    1:00

IndyStarSports:
    I heard Teague got worked over in his workout yesterday. He should have stayed at Kentucky. Bad decision by him. He would have been the man next season for the Wildcats
    1:01

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...dy-Star-(12-1p)
    Maybe he would have been academically ineligible if he went back....I kid, I kid....sort of

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by The Sleeze View Post
    Me too. I think Green has a better jumper than Hansbrough, but overall they would seem to be similar.
    They are very different, different attributes and different playing styles.

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    Wells hints that West isn't getting any younger, and the Pacers could view Draymond Green as the long-term answer? I'm not sure I see it.
    Yeah, I already mentioned I am not sure about his basketball sense, Wells that is. But yeah If Draymond is our backup plan for when West leaves then we have big problems in the future.
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

a reason I didnt like Teague watched him live playing vs my HS Warren and the kid was a thug in every sense of the word very very inmature at the old Lance Stephenson level. At one point in the game he went over in front of our coach and said **** you watch this *****.

But word is Coach Cal changed him and he doesn't act that way anymore. I liked the way he played last half of the year at UK he moved into my top pgs and would draft him before that I would of passed easily.

I like his game tough and really wants to win I think he would be solid if we let BShaw develop him especially on defense he has the tools to defend he just didnt.

Dakich talking Arnett Moultrie I wouldn't touch him at all. He doesn't defend has 0 motor is soft and not a good teammate I dont get his hype. I also dont see his rebounding translate very well he got boards based on size he didn't really block out and use fundamentals . I guess being 6'11 and being athletically will take you places.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 06-28-2012 at 01:59 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by The Sleeze View Post
    I don't get this sentiment at all. To me, Green and Hans are the exact opposite kind of player. Green is all subtlety and skill while Hans is 100% muscle and crashing around. Green is an excellent passer, has a fantastic nose for the ball, has great hands, is solid at picking and popping, catches and shoots in one very quick, clean motion, has a good back to the basket game with plenty of moves to keep his defender off balance, and has nice handles. Hansbrough has none of that. He just piles into a defender with his shoulder, elbows him in the head, and throws the ball at the basket over and over until it eventually goes in. Green sees everything that's happening on the floor. Hansbrough sees the ball and the basket, and that's it.

I'm not saying I think Green will turn into a great NBA player or anything... I honestly have no clue if he will or not. All I'm saying is the thought that his game is even remotely comparable to Hansbrough's is baffling to me.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to bphil For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    Wait, you mean that there's a chance that West could be getting younger but he's not?

Green IS NOT the long-term answer to our PF needs. His ceiling is Ryan Gomes...not much of a ceiling that I'd want to aim for when it comes to our future Starting PF.
    Last edited by CableKC; 06-28-2012 at 02:14 PM.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    If we stay at 26 then pick Teague by all means. That doesn't mean not going after a lottery pick, though. I want Marshall. I want him NOW. He is the next Steve Nash.
    I like your avatar, BTW and I agree. I've been hoping for Teague at 26, but I'd love to trade up and get Marshall. However, he's much more of a Mark Jackson type of PG than Steve Nash. He isn't the shooter/scorer Nash is.

Either way, if we get a PG, DC will most likely be traded.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    These are the guys that we're rumored to like according to leaks, so I can why Chad thinks this is the Pacers' big board. That said, I hope those leaks turn out to be deliberate misinformation spread by the FO. Wouldn't it be funny if the scouts are backslapping themselves right now over Chad Ford's article
    Seriously who had the Pacers getting anyone but Tyler in recent years. Granger wasn't going to slip, no hint on trade for Rush or pick of Roy, Paul George only because his talent ranked him in that range but nothing about the Pacers liking him or working him out extra...I don't think even Shawne Williams was an expected pick.

The rumors are actually coming on way too strong for me to believe because if there was a leak this bad someone would be in big trouble. Feels like the Green angle is a bit forced right now.

billbradley

Adrian Wojnarowski: Teams gauging Ohio State's Jared Sullinger believe he won't be selected before No. 20. Despite back problems, there's interest in 1st round.
    Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz1z7CEm8ZO

21. The Following User Says Thank You to billbradley For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bphil View Post
    I don't get this sentiment at all. To me, Green and Hans are the exact opposite kind of player. Green is all subtlety and skill while Hans is 100% muscle and crashing around. Green is an excellent passer, has a fantastic nose for the ball, has great hands, is solid at picking and popping, catches and shoots in one very quick, clean motion, has a good back to the basket game with plenty of moves to keep his defender off balance, and has nice handles. Hansbrough has none of that. He just piles into a defender with his shoulder, elbows him in the head, and throws the ball at the basket over and over until it eventually goes in. Green sees everything that's happening on the floor. Hansbrough sees the ball and the basket, and that's it.

I'm not saying I think Green will turn into a great NBA player or anything... I honestly have no clue if he will or not. All I'm saying is the thought that his game is even remotely comparable to Hansbrough's is baffling to me.
    I was agreeing with Cable that the pick would be like when we picked Hansbrough and he would probably not be the answer......I wasn't comparing their style of play. I only threw in the jumpshot comment as that might be the one thing that helps Green possibly succeed where Hansbrough is failing, but ultimately I still see Green as not panning out.

billbradley

Change at #26

Analysis: The Pacers had a terrific workout with Melo. They need size, and with Roy Hibbert testing the free agent waters in two days, they may really need size.

Trade Scenarios: The Pacers have looked to try to get into the top 10. They have a pretty good chip in Darren Collison if they want to use it. Tyler Hansbrough is also in play.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    Seriously who had the Pacers getting anyone but Tyler in recent years. Granger wasn't going to slip, no hint on trade for Rush or pick of Roy, Paul George only because his talent ranked him in that range but nothing about the Pacers liking him or working him out extra...I don't think even Shawne Williams was an expected pick.

The rumors are actually coming on way too strong for me to believe because if there was a leak this bad someone would be in big trouble. Feels like the Green angle is a bit forced right now.
    Yup. Even with Tyler, I looked up some old mocks and couldn't find many sites expecting us to nab Hans at 13, with most mocks projected him going later. DX had us picking Lawson, draft.net had us picking Blair.

I remembered some people mocking Paul George to us (but not many - in fact DX and draft.net had Luke Babbitt going to us), but mostly he was a fan favorite on the board.

I don't really buy Green and I don't think it would be Melo either. Someone like Jeff Taylor feels more like it. Or hopefully we'd be opportunistic and nab a higher talent who drops because of injury, etc concerns.

Pretty positive Chad Ford had us taking Hans

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    Yup. Even with Tyler, I looked up some old mocks and couldn't find many sites expecting us to nab Hans at 13, with most mocks projected him going later. DX had us picking Lawson, draft.net had us picking Blair.

I remembered some people mocking Paul George to us (but not many - in fact DX and draft.net had Luke Babbitt going to us), but mostly he was a fan favorite on the board.

I don't really buy Green and I don't think it would be Melo either. Someone like Jeff Taylor feels more like it. Or hopefully we'd be opportunistic and nab a higher talent who drops because of injury, etc concerns.
    Whoever falls on the Pacers Big Board is who we pick.....that Player will be the BPA. Like always, you can count on some Player dropping for one reason or another.

Ford gets it really close, right before the draft.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

If the Pacers stay at 26 and Fab Melo is there, I have no doubt the Pacers would take him. Problem is he won't be there at 26.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Pretty positive Chad Ford had us taking Hans
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    Ford gets it really close, right before the draft.
    Exactly. Chad Ford is bound to change his mock a few more times before the end.

Mood

Lol,

Who could have imagined at the start of the season that PJIII and Q.Miller would slip all the way to the 20's, well in some projections atleast.

It would be great if both slipped to 26, but I have to say I might still take Miller before PJIII, I think he will have a brighter career as a 3 than PJIII will have as a 4.
    Why so SERIOUS