Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chad Ford's 10.0

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Chad Ford's 10.0

I'd rather trade #26 and Tyler (and the cap savings for Utah) for Millsap, plus either a swap option on a future first or a second.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pacergod2 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Also, Barnes' upside is Granger. Barnes needs to get a lot stronger for the NBA game and he defers to long threes more than he ever considers going to the rack. I would NOT trade Granger for Barnes, as Granger is a veteran and is ready to win now. Plus, he has been loyal to us, so I wouldn't even consider this deal. The only way I would trade Granger at the draft would be for Thomas Robinson (or Davis obviously).
    Last edited by pacergod2; 06-28-2012 at 10:00 AM.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to pacergod2 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thing is Teague never even came in for a workout, also I am surprised that Quincy Miller is not on this list.
    He worked out for the Pacers yesterday I do believe.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    Thing is Teague never even came in for a workout, also I am surprised that Quincy Miller is not on this list.
    Teague worked out for us yesterday.

"The Pacers ended their first private workout today with guys they've brought back for a second time. Those players were Draymond Green (Michigan State), Jeff Taylor (Vanderbilt), Kim English (Missouri), and Will Barton (Memphis). They have a final private workout set for tomorrow with two players they haven't brought in yet for a workout.

Check out after the jump the two prospects they will bring in 24 hours before the draft.

Indiana will have in Marquis Teague (Kentucky) and Darius Johnson-Odom (Marquette) in tomorrow. Teague is a favorite of some to draft at 26 and he's expected to go anywhere from 20-30 on draft night. Johnson-Odom is expected to go anywhere from late first to mid second."

http://www.indycornrows.com/2012/6/2...ler-hansbrough

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jrod Jones For This Useful Post:

Draymond Green doesn't fill a need. We already have some players who aren't any good.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Mood

I think Teague is way more likely the pick if he falls to us than Green.
    Why so SERIOUS

The thing with Teague falling to us is that we would absolutely need to get rid of either Collison or Hill. Collison seems like the obvious choice, but his value on draft night comes earlier then we will be able to know if Teague makes it to us. Regardless I think we should trade Collison + Hansbrough for the best possible draft pick while trying to keep 26 to grab a guy like Teague.

It is very possible that he doesn't make it to us though (I've seen mocks projecting him as high as Orlando)

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod Jones View Post
    The thing with Teague falling to us is that we would absolutely need to get rid of either Collison or Hill. Collison seems like the obvious choice, but his value on draft night comes earlier then we will be able to know if Teague makes it to us. Regardless I think we should trade Collison + Hansbrough for the best possible draft pick while trying to keep 26 to grab a guy like Teague.

It is very possible that he doesn't make it to us though (I've seen mocks projecting him as high as Orlando)
    We could always trade Collison for a future first or a couple of 2nd rounders, or 2nd rounder and another player.
    Why so SERIOUS

Doesn't Teague seem like a redundant choice? I haven't seen anything from him that suggests his upside is higher than his brother's, and for that we might as well keep Collison.

If we could somehow trade Collison for an earlier first round pick (#10-18 Range), while holding onto #26 to select Teague, I think it would be a good day for us.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdStrike View Post
    Doesn't Teague seem like a redundant choice? I haven't seen anything from him that suggests his upside is higher than his brother's, and for that we might as well keep Collison.
    Teague is only redundant if we keep Collison. Drafting Teague allows us to trade Collison, who has substantially more trade value then Teague

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Jrod Jones For This Useful Post:

Teague will have to learn the position like any rookie, but doesn't he have more upside in the long run, for sure. Anyone disagree? I guess mainly I'd like to see if Teague can get through a Pick and Roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod Jones View Post
    Teague is only redundant if we keep Collison. Drafting Teague allows us to trade Collison, who has substantially more trade value then Teague
    One thing that Teague has that Collison will never have is size. They have roughly the same speed and quickness, with maybe DC having a slight edge. I think the increase in size alone gives Teague a little more potential for defensive purposes. But I agree, we only take Teague if we trade DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    Teague will have to learn the position like any rookie, but doesn't he have more upside in the long run, for sure. Anyone disagree? I guess mainly I'd like to see if Teague can get through a Pick and Roll.
    i thought i saw teague was listed at 6-2. if that is the case, then he is definitely bigger than collison. and he does have great quickness. i would be fine with teague.
    but please no draymond green!
    that would REALLY disappoint me.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to clownskull For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    I'd rather trade #26 and Tyler (and the cap savings for Utah) for Millsap, plus either a swap option on a future first or a second.
    sounds pretty terrible for Utah.
    an above average starter for a mediocre backup and, realistically, a chance to get another backup.
    they do save a few mil, but it's not like they need money now, their big summer is 2013.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to ballism For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    Basically, anyone watching him in the tournament last season really didn't like what they saw. The guy shot the ball incredibly poorly, turned it over, made bad plays/decisions etc. It was awful.
    Watching Barnes play with Marshall, then watching him play without Marshall is like watching two completely different players.

People just don't understand how Marshall makes the other 4 players on the court so much better. Even Lou and Hansbrough would always be a threat if the ball is in Marshall's hands. They interviewed players from UNC and one of them said Marshall will see that a guy is open before the guy himself even realizes it.

Mood

If we stay at 26 then pick Teague by all means. That doesn't mean not going after a lottery pick, though. I want Marshall. I want him NOW. He is the next Steve Nash.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    If we stay at 26 then pick Teague by all means. That doesn't mean not going after a lottery pick, though. I want Marshall. I want him NOW. He is the next Steve Nash.
    Not nearly the shooter, scorer, or crafty enough to get into the lane like Nash. I'm not a huge fan of Nash, but he is a future hall of famer. Marshall would be best served to go to a team that plays with a faster pace, that has an abundance of scorers/finishers that can feed off his passing ability.

If we got Marshall, I wouldn't be too disappointed, but I wouldn't expect him to be GREAT, multiple all-star like Nash

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by clownskull View Post
    i thought i saw teague was listed at 6-2. if that is the case, then he is definitely bigger than collison. and he does have great quickness. i would be fine with teague.
    but please no draymond green!
    that would REALLY disappoint me.

Teague measured at 6'1" without shoes. Collison measured 6'0.25" without shoes, so you get 3/4 of an inch more with Teague. Teague has a longer reach, but they both had the same standing reach at 8'.0.5".

It looks like their size isn't really that much different.
    Last edited by pacers74; 06-28-2012 at 11:48 AM.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to pacers74 For This Useful Post:

The Pacers need a Center. Right now they have West, Hansbrough and Pendergraph under contract. Any free agent (including Hibbert) or team (if the Pacers have to trade) knows the Pacers are desparate for a Center. They would have leverage and the Pacers would most likely have to overpay a Center. Drafting a Center will help the Pacers gain leverage. Obvioulsy it would be nice to be able to trade down and get a Tyler Zeller, but even at #26 a Feb Melo or Festus would give s a big body and could give us a few mpg. Draft a Center and then sign Hibbert and Hill.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to sav For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPride33 View Post
    if barnes does drop to warriors, would u trade him for granger?

The Pacers are not going to trade Granger. They are going to do everything possible to keep the playoff starting five intact. Since Bird is in charge of the draft, Hansbrough will not be traded tonight. Collison, Jones and the #26 pick are the main assets that the Pacers may use in a trade...tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by pacers74 View Post
    Teague measured at 6'1" without shoes. Collison measured 6'0.25" without shoes, so you get 3/4 of an inch more with Teague. Teague has a longer reach, but they both had the same standing reach at 8'.0.5".

It looks like their size isn't really that much different.

It's not just DC's height that makes him undersized..it's his, weight. He's like 160, so bigger point guards are able to out muscle him very easily. Teague is 6'2 180 with a 6'7 wingspan and 40.5 Vertical, DC is 6'1 and 165 with a 6'3 wingspan, 33.5 vert.

There is a pretty decent difference in the strength and athleticism department.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPride33 View Post
    if barnes does drop to warriors, would u trade him for granger?
    No....PURELY for SalaryCap reasons. Trading Granger to the Warriors means that we have to take on either RJeff or Biedrin's Bad Contract just to make the Salaries match up. If it was a straight up #7+Dorell Wright trade for Granger...sure, I'd consider it....but add in RJeff or Biedrins to the the mix...and it's a STRONG NO for me.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by wseward View Post
    If we somehow move into the top 10 and end up with either lillard or waiters I will be ecstatic.
    Neither will fall past the 8th pick. The Blazers or Raptors seem a likely destination for Lillard and Waiters is getting a lot of buzz from the Warriors camp.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    -Trade Hans to GS for #30
    -Buy OKC #28
    -Trade DC + 26 + 30 to Portland for #6 - Draft Lillard
    -Draft Quincy Miller at #28
    The Blazers wouldn't do that trade. Lillard has WAY MORE upside than DC and is better than anything that they can get at 26 and 30.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post: