Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chad Ford's 10.0

Hybrid View

Default Chad Ford's 10.0

in the spoiler.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft...aft-version-10

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by ballism; 06-28-2012 at 04:43 AM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ballism For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Chad Ford's 10.0

Please no Draymond Green that would be a sour way to end Larry's job

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hypnotiq For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Please no Draymond Green that would be a sour way to end Larry's job
    i hear ya. i don't want him either. but then again how often has larry taken the guy the experts think he will take?
    not too often so- i hope larry fools them again.

It's interesting that we are actually looking into top 10. I assumed mid 1st/late lottery at best.
    That #10 for DC+#26 rumor has always seemed a big stretch to me. But who knows.
    At least we are ambitious.

Although to be honest, unless it's a top 7 pick, I'd rather have something like #16 and #18 from the Rockets.
    #8-10 = someone like Austin Rivers or Dion Waiters
    #16-20 = Sullinger, Royce White, Moultrie, maybe PJ3 or Terrence Ross... I'd much rather have two of those.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ballism For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Also, Barnes' upside is Granger. Barnes needs to get a lot stronger for the NBA game and he defers to long threes more than he ever considers going to the rack. I would NOT trade Granger for Barnes, as Granger is a veteran and is ready to win now. Plus, he has been loyal to us, so I wouldn't even consider this deal. The only way I would trade Granger at the draft would be for Thomas Robinson (or Davis obviously).
    Last edited by pacergod2; 06-28-2012 at 10:00 AM.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to pacergod2 For This Useful Post:

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Ford
    Pacers' Big Board:
    1. Fab Melo
    2. Draymond Green
    3. Marquis Teague
    4. Will Barton
    5. Kim English
    These are the guys that we're rumored to like according to leaks, so I can why Chad thinks this is the Pacers' big board. That said, I hope those leaks turn out to be deliberate misinformation spread by the FO. Wouldn't it be funny if the scouts are backslapping themselves right now over Chad Ford's article

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    These are the guys that we're rumored to like according to leaks, so I can why Chad thinks this is the Pacers' big board. That said, I hope those leaks turn out to be deliberate misinformation spread by the FO. Wouldn't it be funny if the scouts are backslapping themselves right now over Chad Ford's article
    Seriously who had the Pacers getting anyone but Tyler in recent years. Granger wasn't going to slip, no hint on trade for Rush or pick of Roy, Paul George only because his talent ranked him in that range but nothing about the Pacers liking him or working him out extra...I don't think even Shawne Williams was an expected pick.

The rumors are actually coming on way too strong for me to believe because if there was a leak this bad someone would be in big trouble. Feels like the Green angle is a bit forced right now.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    Seriously who had the Pacers getting anyone but Tyler in recent years. Granger wasn't going to slip, no hint on trade for Rush or pick of Roy, Paul George only because his talent ranked him in that range but nothing about the Pacers liking him or working him out extra...I don't think even Shawne Williams was an expected pick.

The rumors are actually coming on way too strong for me to believe because if there was a leak this bad someone would be in big trouble. Feels like the Green angle is a bit forced right now.
    Yup. Even with Tyler, I looked up some old mocks and couldn't find many sites expecting us to nab Hans at 13, with most mocks projected him going later. DX had us picking Lawson, draft.net had us picking Blair.

I remembered some people mocking Paul George to us (but not many - in fact DX and draft.net had Luke Babbitt going to us), but mostly he was a fan favorite on the board.

I don't really buy Green and I don't think it would be Melo either. Someone like Jeff Taylor feels more like it. Or hopefully we'd be opportunistic and nab a higher talent who drops because of injury, etc concerns.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    Yup. Even with Tyler, I looked up some old mocks and couldn't find many sites expecting us to nab Hans at 13, with most mocks projected him going later. DX had us picking Lawson, draft.net had us picking Blair.

I remembered some people mocking Paul George to us (but not many - in fact DX and draft.net had Luke Babbitt going to us), but mostly he was a fan favorite on the board.

I don't really buy Green and I don't think it would be Melo either. Someone like Jeff Taylor feels more like it. Or hopefully we'd be opportunistic and nab a higher talent who drops because of injury, etc concerns.
    Whoever falls on the Pacers Big Board is who we pick.....that Player will be the BPA. Like always, you can count on some Player dropping for one reason or another.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Dutch Pacers Fan

Hmm do think it is somewhat interesting that the Kings rejected Lowry+#16 for #5, Lowry is a borderline all-star at this point and would've been, had his season not derailed due to injuries. I can understand though, as they have no real need for a PG, since they made Thomas theirs at the expense of Evans. The trade doesn't work for them, but they would definitely get the most value in this trade. Still they're nowhere close to competing so just stocking up on assets would seem like the way to go.
    Yay, I don't know if we're going back to the play-offs!

Quote Originally Posted by pacersgroningen View Post
    Hmm do think it is somewhat interesting that the Kings rejected Lowry+#16 for #5, Lowry is a borderline all-star at this point and would've been, had his season not derailed due to injuries. I can understand though, as they have no real need for a PG, since they made Thomas theirs at the expense of Evans. The trade doesn't work for them, but they would definitely get the most value in this trade. Still they're nowhere close to competing so just stocking up on assets would seem like the way to go.
    But if MKG or Robinson fall to #5, it would be a bummer. I'd consider that trade on draft night.

Twitter @M_Murph11 PacerPride33's Avatar

if barnes does drop to warriors, would u trade him for granger?
    Murph

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPride33 View Post
    I'm not sure of the answer, but its occurred to me recently, whats there NOT to like about Barnes. He seems to have everything you'd describe in a guy who could be a potential all star at the next level. Why is he not considered a home run type pick?

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    I'm not sure of the answer, but its occurred to me recently, whats there NOT to like about Barnes. He seems to have everything you'd describe in a guy who could be a potential all star at the next level. Why is he not considered a home run type pick?
    Because he has all those skills and has only had 2 very good college years.

As an aside, if the Bobcats draft anyone other than Thomas Robinson at #2, would anybody else consider trading them Tyler for #31? I would do it if I could get a chance at a guy like Barton, Machado, or Fournier.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OakMoses For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Basically, anyone watching him in the tournament last season really didn't like what they saw. The guy shot the ball incredibly poorly, turned it over, made bad plays/decisions etc. It was awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    Basically, anyone watching him in the tournament last season really didn't like what they saw. The guy shot the ball incredibly poorly, turned it over, made bad plays/decisions etc. It was awful.
    Watching Barnes play with Marshall, then watching him play without Marshall is like watching two completely different players.

People just don't understand how Marshall makes the other 4 players on the court so much better. Even Lou and Hansbrough would always be a threat if the ball is in Marshall's hands. They interviewed players from UNC and one of them said Marshall will see that a guy is open before the guy himself even realizes it.

Mood

I think Teague is way more likely the pick if he falls to us than Green.
    Why so SERIOUS

The Pacers are not going to trade Granger. They are going to do everything possible to keep the playoff starting five intact. Since Bird is in charge of the draft, Hansbrough will not be traded tonight. Collison, Jones and the #26 pick are the main assets that the Pacers may use in a trade...tonight.

Sports Logo

No....PURELY for SalaryCap reasons. Trading Granger to the Warriors means that we have to take on either RJeff or Biedrin's Bad Contract just to make the Salaries match up. If it was a straight up #7+Dorell Wright trade for Granger...sure, I'd consider it....but add in RJeff or Biedrins to the the mix...and it's a STRONG NO for me.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

....because his handle sucks? Wings that can't dribble generally dont become superstars.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    ....because his handle sucks? Wings that can't dribble generally dont become superstars.
    Danny Granger?.....Actually I think that Barnes will be DG with maybe a little more athleticism.

If we somehow move into the top 10 and end up with either lillard or waiters I will be ecstatic.

Both those players could end up being the best player from this draft outside of anthony davis.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by wseward View Post
    If we somehow move into the top 10 and end up with either lillard or waiters I will be ecstatic.
    Neither will fall past the 8th pick. The Blazers or Raptors seem a likely destination for Lillard and Waiters is getting a lot of buzz from the Warriors camp.

Mood

Lol,

Who could have imagined at the start of the season that PJIII and Q.Miller would slip all the way to the 20's, well in some projections atleast.

It would be great if both slipped to 26, but I have to say I might still take Miller before PJIII, I think he will have a brighter career as a 3 than PJIII will have as a 4.
    Why so SERIOUS

-Trade Hans to GS for #30
    -Buy OKC #28
    -Trade DC + 26 + 30 to Portland for #6 - Draft Lillard
    -Draft Quincy Miller at #28
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

rel