Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36

Thread: Mike Wells LIVE CHAT on Indy Star (12-1p)

  1. #1
    Eating some cranbaisins The Sleeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lafayette, IN
    Posts
    940

    Default Mike Wells LIVE CHAT on Indy Star (12-1p)

    http://www.indystar.com/interactive/...om-noon-1-p-m-

    The chat is live from Noon to 1:00pm.
    Last edited by The Sleeze; 06-28-2012 at 12:31 PM.

  2. #2
    Star Platinum Hypnotiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,959

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells LIVE CHAT on Indy Star (12-1p)

    Comment From Alan
    What are the odds we'll make a trade tonight?
    12:04
    IndyStarSports: I was told last night that the Pacers have 3-4 players they're eyeing. Of course, the person I talked to wouldn't reveal who those players were. I still think the Pacers trade the pick or move up.

    Well thats good i guess

  3. #3

    Default Re: Mike Wells LIVE CHAT on Indy Star (12-1p)

    I like wells thinking!! for once...

  4. #4
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,185

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells LIVE CHAT on Indy Star (12-1p)

    12:01


    IndyStarSports:
    Good afternoon everybody. Let's get it rolling
    12:02


    Comment From RJ
    How much power is Bird giving KP in this draft?
    12:02


    IndyStarSports:
    Bird values Pritchard's opinion. That's why he's been pushing for him to be GM for over a year. And that's why Pritchard's will have a significant say. But again, like with David Morway, Bird will have the final say
    12:03


    Comment From Guest
    Do you see Bird coming back in a year?
    12:03


    IndyStarSports:
    Bird will be back in a front office. I just don't see it being with the Pacers. What is it, a tag team, take a year and come back organization? He'll see what opens up around the league next summer and then go from there.
    12:03


    Comment From Alan
    What are the odds we'll make a trade tonight?
    12:04


    IndyStarSports:
    I was told last night that the Pacers have 3-4 players they're eyeing. Of course, the person I talked to wouldn't reveal who those players were. I still think the Pacers trade the pick or move up.
    12:04


    Comment From Cakes
    I've been right on the last two drafts (Psycho T and GHill trade), I'm feeling Will Barton out of Memphis. He's the type of wiry wing Larry has shown affinity for - good or bad (i.e. Paul George, James White, Shawne Williams). See that happeneing?
    12:05

    IndyStarSports:
    Sure you've been right Cakes. Of course people will say that now. Just remember I had Draymond Green in my mock
    12:06


    Comment From Steve
    Hey Mike! It seems that Collison and Granger are the two guys that could get traded tonight...how true is that?
    12:07

    IndyStarSports:
    I'm saying Collison is traded before the season started. I don't see him wanting to come back as Hill's backup if the Pacers re-sign him. Remember Collison lost his job because he was injured and because Hill took off after that. So DC didn't do anything wrong but get injured.
    12:07


    Comment From Gerry
    Hey Mike, Hoops world is reporting that Eric Gordon’s preferred destination is still Indiana over New Orleans and that the Pacers front office is looking to make a sign and trade. I know Herb won’t make an offer to restricted free agents but have you heard anything about any sign and trades for Eric Gordon?
    12:08

    IndyStarSports:
    I'd be shocked if New Orleans let Gordon walk. They're going to build around him and Anthony Davis. And they gave up a future Hall of Famer in CP3 for Gordon.
    12:08


    Comment From Alan
    How high would you rank the trade value of Tyler Hansbrough? Is he worth a mid (teens) pick?
    12:09

    IndyStarSports:
    No, after struggling last season, the Pacers would probably only get a 2nd round pick for Tyler
    12:09


    Comment From Alan
    Do you see Danny Granger in a Pacers uniform next season?
    12:10

    IndyStarSports:
    I do see Granger returning because Paul George isn't ready to handle the roll as the Pacers go-to player yet. Granger isn't an all star but he's still the Pacers best scorer.
    12:10


    Comment From Luke
    Any idea yet on who the Pacers will take this evening?
    12:11

    IndyStarSports:
    Kevin Pritchard said don't read into them bringing Draymond Green, Jeff Tayler and Will Burton back for a 2nd workout. I'm not buying that. Those 3 players are on the Pacers' radar
    12:11


    Comment From K. (Poland)
    Hello Mike. So - which position is Larry Bird going to strenghten tonight?
    12:12

    IndyStarSports:
    Pacers will take the best player available with their pick if they keep it at 26.
    12:12


    Comment From Matt
    Is Pritchard working those phones hard? Any good deals out there?
    12:13

    IndyStarSports:
    Pritchard has been working the phones hard for weeks. I was told he was working them during the predraft camp last month. You won't have to question Pritchard's work ethic. He'll definitely do his best to make a deal
    12:13


    Comment From Roger
    Any chance the Pacers let George Hill walk in free agency?


    12:15

    IndyStarSports:
    The possibility of losing HIll is why the Pacers need to hold onto Collison for now unless they have a backup plan. Hill gets all the negotiating leverage if the Pacers trade Collison tonight because the Pacers won't have a point guard under contract for next season. AJ Price is also a free agent
    12:15


    Comment From Alex
    What are we going to end up paying George Hill? I'm worried we overpay and end up plateuing with the roster that we have.
    12:16

    IndyStarSports:
    I can see Hill getting about $7 million a year. Hill helped his value by showing he can play and start at either backcourt position.
    12:16


    Comment From Guest
    What's more likely... trading down or up in the draft tonight?

    12:17

    IndyStarSports:
    Trading away the pick so that they can a player that's already in the league and they won't have to wait for him to develop
    12:17

    Comment From Guest
    When can the Pacers start working on new contracts for Hibbert and Hill?
    12:18

    IndyStarSports:
    At midnight Saturday night/Sunday morning. Kevin Pritchard said they'll be reaching out to their free agents right at midnight. They want to do their best to keep their starting five intact from last season
    12:19


    Comment From Sandman
    Report from Hoopsworld says that the Pacers Front Office is prepared to make a offer to Eric Gordon. Are you hearing same?
    12:19

    IndyStarSports:
    The Pacers will reach out to Gordon, but they'll likely only go so high because New Orleans plans to match it and Gordon has a history of injury problems.

    Comment From Alan
    How high will the Pacers go in re-signing Roy Hibbert?
    12:21

    IndyStarSports:
    They want to avoid signing Hibbert to a max deal - $16 million a year - but they may have to because there are number of teams looking for a center - Dallas and Houston - to name two of them. The Big Fella is probably worth about $13.5-14 million a year. But he has all the leverage because he made the All Star team last season and lack of true centers in the league
    12:21


    Comment From Matt
    Well one thing Cakes is wrong about, we didn't draft Tyler two years ago
    12:22

    IndyStarSports:
    Get him Matt. It was three years ago. He just insulted Paul George

    Comment From Dan
    If the Pacers choose to stay at 26, do you think Green is the best player available at that point and the best fit for the team? Or another player, say maybe Fab Melo if he drops?
    12:23

    IndyStarSports:
    Fab Melo is a project player. I like Green because he's a four year player. He comes from Michigan State where they preach a blue-collar, lunchbox mentality. Let's not forget David West isn't getting any younger.
    12:23


    Comment From Scott
    If we trade DC and the 26th to move up to 10. Do we pick Rivers or Marshall? Knowing we would need a backup PG.

    Comment From Alan
    Will Jeff Foster find a place in our newly crowded front office?
    12:25

    IndyStarSports:
    Yeah, Foster will likely work in the front office. I'm not sure what his role will be. He was at most, if not all, of the predraft workouts at the fieldhouse. Foster always said he wanted to work in the front office when he retired.

    12:26


    Comment From Dan
    How true are the Collison and 26th pick to Hornets for 10th pick?
    12:27

    IndyStarSports:
    It's true that the Pacers have been pounding the pavement trying to get something done. And yes, they have talked to the Hornets - just like a lot of other teams in the league. That's a deal worth doing if New Orleans agrees to it.
    12:27


    Comment From Roy Hibbert
    What's good Mike? If the Rockets or another team such as Dallas offers me max money, do you see Indy matching?
    12:28

    IndyStarSports:
    Yep, they match. Go ahead and buy you a mansion up in Carmel. Indy's your home for the next few years.
    12:28


    Comment From Nick C.
    Donnie Walsh has been criticized by some for overspending on his own free agents - can we expect that for either Roy Hibbert or George Hill?

    12:29

    IndyStarSports:
    The Pacers will have to overspend if they expect to re-sign Hibbert. I don't see them overspending for Hill. Both sides will likely agree to a fair deal without the Pacers looking bad.
    12:29


    Comment From Jason
    What is your thoughts on the Pacers chances of getting Deron Williams?

    ndyStarSports:
    Slim to none. But I think they should try everything possible to get Williams. Williams wants to play for winner. Dallas is a winner. New Jersey's not. The Pacers are are looking to close the gap on Miami. Miami will be the best in the East as long as LeBron, Wade and Bosh continue to produce
    12:31


    Comment From Ryan
    Whose this Suzie person Bird speaks of?

    IndyStarSports:
    That's Bird's secretary. She was Walsh's secretary before and will remain in that capacity now that he's back. Super nice lady.
    12:32


    Comment From Scott
    Is Brandon Roy a real possibility?
    12:32

    IndyStarSports:
    Very much so depending on money and Roy's health. Pritchard and Roy were together in Portland. Adding a healthy Roy takes pressure off Paul George.
    12:33


    Comment From Ryan
    Would you rather have Hill or Collison? I think Price is a great backup when he's been given the chance.

    ndyStarSports:
    Hill. Collison is at his best when he's always in attack mode. Hill can mix it up by being aggressive and looking to create for others
    12:34


    Comment From ryan
    Why wouldn't Deron Williams want to sign with the Pacers if he wants to win now? It is a perfect fit for both

    12:35

    IndyStarSports:
    Money. Williams is a max player. The Pacers don't have max money. He would be a great fit for the Pacers.
    12:35


    Comment From Brent
    Mike are there any good trade rumors? Give us a little something.....
    12:36

    IndyStarSports:
    The Pacers have been quiet for the most part. Things will pick up in a few hours. The Pacers aren't in panic mode of having to shake up their roster. Keep their starters and add a few pieces off the bench and they'll be fine.
    12:36


    Comment From Trent
    Whos on our trading block tonight for the draft?
    12:36

    IndyStarSports:
    Dahntay and Collison. Danny's name will likely come up at some point, too
    12:37


    Comment From SuprCityIndyFan
    I know you said Danny is likely back, but if you could land a top 5-7 pick, would you pull the trigger?

    12:38

    IndyStarSports:
    Nope because none of those players projected to go in that area will likely be better than Granger.
    12:38


    Comment From Alex
    Didn't Hill turn down an extentsion for $7 million a year?
    12:38

    IndyStarSports:
    No, Pacers offered him $6 million. Hill wanted around $8 million. He'll likely want more now since he ended the season as the starter
    12:39


    Comment From Sam
    Is there any way the Pacers could get Lillard?
    12:39

    IndyStarSports:
    Unlikely. Marshall would be the one they get if they go that route and if they move up.
    12:40


    Comment From William
    Why hasn't Brian Shaw landed a head coaching gig yet?
    12:41

    IndyStarSports:
    I'm baffled he hasn't landed a job. I didn't know Shaw well when he was in LA, but being around him last season gave me a better understanding why Phil Jackson, Kobe and Shaq thought he should have coached the Lakers. I think he gets the Orlando gig, which will be a big play to the Pacers.
    12:41


    Comment From Tony
    Do you see Lance Stephenson becoming a rotation player next season?
    12:42

    IndyStarSports:
    It's all on Lance and if he's hungry enough to put in the work this summer. I think he deserves a shot to be the first guard off the bench. Next season's Leandro Barbosa
    12:42


    Comment From SuprCityIndyFan
    Will the Pacers look to move DC & Tyler before thier deals end? Both do not seem like players we will want to pay a 2nd contract to. (Just my opinion) Thought?
    12:42

    IndyStarSports:
    Yep. I can see both of them being moved at some point, even as early as tonight.
    12:42


    Comment From Jesse
    How much do the Pacers rely on advanced statistics to evaluate talent vs. old school watch the tape approach? It seems like some teams trust metrics more than others...any insight?
    12:43

    IndyStarSports:
    The Pacers, like most other teams in the league, have a person do analytical statistics to try and help them determine what type of player the prospect will be in the NBA. I'm not sure how effective it's been
    12:44


    Comment From Coop
    Does Walsh dislike you as much as Bird does? How will the change impact you?
    12:45

    IndyStarSports:
    Dislike? Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story, Coop. You must be jealous that Bird never called you out at pressers. I don't see Walsh calling anybody out at pressers, not even poor old you. Haha
    12:45


    Comment From William
    What's going to happen when Herb Simon's gone? Should I start looking for new homes in Seattle?

    12:46

    IndyStarSports:
    Being from Seattle and being in Seattle for Game 1 of this year's Finals, the NBA should put an NBA team back there. But it won't be the Pacers. The plan is keep the Pacers in Indy with Simon's son, Stephen, taking over at some point. No worries. Besides the cost of living is outrageous in Seattle.
    12:47


    Comment From Bk
    true pg Scott Machado..??

    7

    IndyStarSports:
    Not in the first round and the Pacers don't have a second round pick
    12:47


    Comment From Joost
    What's Lance Stephenson up to these days, and where does he fit into next year's plans?

    IndyStarSports:
    Stephenson has been living in the gym at the fieldhouse since the season ended. He's also playing in the Pro Am at IUPUI. This is a make or break year for Stephenson
    12:48


    Comment From JP
    Do you really think Draymond Green can help us? i dont see it
    12:49

    IndyStarSports:
    Depends on how much he plays. Don't forget Jeff Pendergraph is on the roster. I've heard he's had a hell of an offseason so far
    12:49


    Comment From Matthew
    Why would Larry Bird prefer KP as GM over David Morway?

    12:50

    IndyStarSports:
    Go back and read some of my old blogs. Here's the condensed version: Bird didn't trust Morway anymore. He didn't think Morway knew a lot about evaluating players. he likes Pritchard's basketball knowledge. And he has a history with Pritchard, going back to when they briefly played together in Boston.
    12:50


    Comment From Kevin
    Why do you say Larry will be back but with another team? Do you think it's from Herb not wanting to exceed the cap or just a change of scenery?
    12:51

    IndyStarSports:
    Because he said he's only taking a year off. He didn't mention anything about retirement. He's been here long enough. He thinks it's time for change.
    12:51


    Comment From Shmoopy
    What's the biggest area of need for the Pacers to address tonight?
    12:51

    IndyStarSports:
    Backup center without question. If not tonight, then during free agency
    12:51


    Comment From SuprCityIndyFan
    If Shaw goes to ORL, is there a name to replace him?
    12:53

    IndyStarSports:
    It's going to be interesting for Vogel if Shaw leaves, which I think will happen. This was the pecking order Vogel had for assistants when he was looking last summer.

    1. Shaw
    2. Mike Woodson
    3. Terry Porter
    4. Sid Lowe.

    All those coaches are currently under contract with other teams. Woodson's obviously New York's head coach
    12:53


    Comment From Omry
    Are the Pacers planning on bringing over any foreign prospects any time soon?
    12:54

    IndyStarSports:
    Foreign prospects and Pacers? That's a foreign concept for the Pacers. They haven't brought any over in my 8 years of covering the team
    12:54


    Comment From Matt
    What would it take to move into the lottery
    12:55

    IndyStarSports:
    Giving up Paul George or Danny Granger. That's not happening.
    12:55


    Comment From Mike
    Any chance the Pacers could lure Steve Nash to Indy?

    12:55

    IndyStarSports:
    Nash is a future Hall of Famer without a doubt, but he's on the decline of his career. Take a pass on it.
    12:56


    Comment From Win
    When all is said and done, who will be the 2nd best player out of this draft?
    12:56

    IndyStarSports:
    I like Kidd-Gilchrest (spelling) and Harrison Barnes
    12:56


    Comment From randy
    How much input will Donnie Walsh have tonight ?
    12:57

    IndyStarSports:
    He'll spend most of it on the sidelines since he didn't watch a lot of college basketball last season. He'll be heavily involved in free agency though
    12:57


    Comment From Shmoopy
    I assume you'll be at BLF during the draft? What will they be serving in the media room?

    12:57

    IndyStarSports:
    I'll be there. Don't know what they'll be serving. I'm on a diet still trying to work off all the media food from the season. Haha
    12:57


    Comment From Brent
    Mike, I know you see Lance play all of the time. I am not seeing that much improvement. Is it confidence are still a lack of maturity? Not trying to be mean to Lance here.

    2:59


    Comment From Mitchell
    Do you think Dauntay Jones could be traded for second round pick? so we could draft Robbie Hummel
    1:00

    IndyStarSports:
    I wouldn't necessarily say Hummel. But I do see Dahntay getting traded at some point. Tonight or next week
    1:00


    Comment From Pacer 31
    Pacers looking at Teague tonight? He was in for a final workout yesterday.
    1:00

    IndyStarSports:
    I heard Teague got worked over in his workout yesterday. He should have stayed at Kentucky. Bad decision by him. He would have been the man next season for the Wildcats
    1:01


    Comment From mike
    If Wroten Jr and Green are on the board at 26? who do the pacers take?

    1:01

    IndyStarSports:
    Green without a doubt. Wroten is a project. And being from Seattle like Wroten, I heard he's got some character issues. That's the last thing the Pacers need.
    Last edited by Sandman21; 06-28-2012 at 12:58 PM.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  5. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  6. #5

    Default Re: Mike Wells LIVE CHAT on Indy Star (12-1p)

    Wells:

    "The possibility of losing HIll is why the Pacers need to hold onto Collison for now unless they have a backup plan. Hill gets all the negotiating leverage if the Pacers trade Collison tonight because the Pacers won't have a point guard under contract for next season. AJ Price is also a free agent"
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:


  8. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,383

    Default Re: Mike Wells LIVE CHAT on Indy Star (12-1p)

    Hill at $7 million is kind of a surprise. I thought they offered that at the mid-season deadline but he held out for more. Why wouldn't that number go up since he finished the year as the starter?

  9. #7
    Eating some cranbaisins The Sleeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lafayette, IN
    Posts
    940

    Default Re: Mike Wells LIVE CHAT on Indy Star (12-1p)

    I'll post the entire chat once it's done for those that can't access it or don't have the time.

  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Sleeze For This Useful Post:


  11. #8
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells LIVE CHAT on Indy Star (12-1p)

    12:29


    Comment From Jason
    What is your thoughts on the Pacers chances of getting Deron Williams?
    12:31

    IndyStarSports:
    Slim to none. But I think they should try everything possible to get Williams. Williams wants to play for winner. Dallas is a winner. New Jersey's not. The Pacers are are looking to close the gap on Miami. Miami will be the best in the East as long as LeBron, Wade and Bosh continue to produce
    .
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  12. #9

    Default Re: Mike Wells LIVE CHAT on Indy Star (12-1p)

    12:35
    Comment From Brent
    Mike are there any good trade rumors? Give us a little something.....

    12:36
    IndyStarSports: The Pacers have been quiet for the most part. Things will pick up in a few hours. The Pacers aren't in panic mode of having to shake up their roster. Keep their starters and add a few pieces off the bench and they'll be fine.

  13. #10

    Default Re: Mike Wells LIVE CHAT on Indy Star (12-1p)

    12:36
    Comment From Trent
    Whos on our trading block tonight for the draft?

    12:36
    IndyStarSports: Dahntay and Collison. Danny's name will likely come up at some point, too

  14. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,383

    Default Re: Mike Wells LIVE CHAT on Indy Star (12-1p)

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hill at $7 million is kind of a surprise. I thought they offered that at the mid-season deadline but he held out for more. Why wouldn't that number go up since he finished the year as the starter?

    12:38
    Comment From Alex
    Didn't Hill turn down an extentsion for $7 million a year?


    12:38 IndyStarSports:
    No, Pacers offered him $6 million. Hill wanted around $8 million. He'll likely want more now since he ended the season as the starter


    My name is Alex, but that's not me. He does think like I do though.

  15. #12

    Default Re: Mike Wells LIVE CHAT on Indy Star (12-1p)

    12:39
    Comment From Sam
    Is there any way the Pacers could get Lillard?

    12:39
    IndyStarSports: Unlikely. Marshall would be the one they get if they go that route and if they move up.

  16. #13
    Star Platinum Hypnotiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,959

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells LIVE CHAT on Indy Star (12-1p)

    8 mil for Hill no kidding id be letting him walk if its that much

  17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hypnotiq For This Useful Post:


  18. #14
    Member Wage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    405

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells LIVE CHAT on Indy Star (12-1p)

    Ugghhh. If we tie up 20M+ on Hill and Hibbert, the second round of the playoffs is going to be our absolute ceiling for a long time.

  19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wage For This Useful Post:


  20. #15
    Parachromis HC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hartford City
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,794
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells LIVE CHAT on Indy Star (12-1p)

    Quote Originally Posted by Wage View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ugghhh. If we tie up 20M+ on Hill and Hibbert, the second round of the playoffs is going to be our absolute ceiling for a long time.
    That is why if it comes to that you sign Hibbert and let Hill walk.
    "Can you take away every single day that we have given to another false prophet" -- Corey Taylor

  21. #16
    Member Wage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    405

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells LIVE CHAT on Indy Star (12-1p)

    Quote Originally Posted by HC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is why if it comes to that you sign Hibbert and let Hill walk.
    I let Hibbert walk too at anything over 13M per. I love the guy, but unless he improves pretty dramatically he is setting himself up to be a franchise crippling contract.

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wage For This Useful Post:


  23. #17
    Parachromis HC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hartford City
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,794
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells LIVE CHAT on Indy Star (12-1p)

    Quote Originally Posted by Wage View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I let Hibbert walk too at anything over 13M per. I love the guy, but unless he improves pretty dramatically he is setting himself up to be a franchise crippling contract.
    I don't....yeah it may be overpaying but name 5 other skilled big men in the NBA.
    "Can you take away every single day that we have given to another false prophet" -- Corey Taylor

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HC For This Useful Post:


  25. #18
    BornRodney ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,923

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells LIVE CHAT on Indy Star (12-1p)

    Two comments I found interesting:

    IndyStarSports:
    Stephenson has been living in the gym at the fieldhouse since the season ended. He's also playing in the Pro Am at IUPUI. This is a make or break year for Stephenson

    IndyStarSports:
    Depends on how much he plays. Don't forget Jeff Pendergraph is on the roster. I've heard he's had a hell of an offseason so far

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:


  27. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Bonaventure, NY
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,835
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells LIVE CHAT on Indy Star (12-1p)

    He said Teague got worked in his workout yesterday and implys we wont pick him because of that.

    That is about the most ridiculousn thing I have read you dont pick a guy on one workout reading things like that drive me crazy.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  29. #20

    Default Re: Mike Wells LIVE CHAT on Indy Star (12-1p)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    8 mil for Hill no kidding id be letting him walk if its that much

    Giving Hill anything more than 6 mil is overpaying him. If he wants 7-8 mil, the Pacers just need to let him walk. My fear is Walsh will pay the 7-8 mil. He can get a true PG like Felton, Miller, etc for less, but Walsh loves Pacer players too much and overpays them. I don't want to see another Cro situation again.

    The FO needs to remember DC started 50 some games for the Pacers and they were playing winning ball. Hill didn't change things that much. Plus the Pacers haven't gotten rid of DC. Where else is Hill going to go and be a starter instead of a bench player?
    Last edited by Justin Tyme; 06-28-2012 at 01:08 PM.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  31. #21
    BornRodney ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,923

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells LIVE CHAT on Indy Star (12-1p)

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He said Teague got worked in his workout yesterday and implys we wont pick him because of that.

    That is about the most ridiculousn thing I have read you dont pick a guy on one workout reading things like that drive me crazy.
    What if they already did not like him very much, and that just added to it? It didn't say they loved him, and now they won't pick him because of this workout. Plus it isn't like that was the first time they had seen him.

  32. #22
    Member Wage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    405

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells LIVE CHAT on Indy Star (12-1p)

    Quote Originally Posted by HC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't....yeah it may be overpaying but name 5 other skilled big men in the NBA.
    I think this is what gets teams into trouble. I don't think you can just overpay above average centers just because it's the market. Look at the playoffs. Hibbert is better than either Big Baby or Haslem, but he didn't impact the game in any significant way over them. And I'm pretty sure both of those guys are in the 5M to 6M range. The way the center market is today, I think you either have to open up the checkbook to an absolutely dominant guy, or get a middle of the road guy for 5M to 7M range. It's the slightly above average at 14M that kills caps.

  33. #23
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,911

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells LIVE CHAT on Indy Star (12-1p)

    Quote Originally Posted by Wage View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think this is what gets teams into trouble. I don't think you can just overpay above average centers just because it's the market. Look at the playoffs. Hibbert is better than either Big Baby or Haslem, but he didn't impact the game in any significant way over them. And I'm pretty sure both of those guys are in the 5M to 6M range. The way the center market is today, I think you either have to open up the checkbook to an absolutely dominant guy, or get a middle of the road guy for 5M to 7M range. It's the slightly above average at 14M that kills caps.
    I disagree. The team was significantly better against the Heat when Hibbert was on the floor protecting the rim and serving as a low post threat. Heck, he's probably the only thing stopping us from being the Heat's whipping boy for the next 5 years because he has something that they simply don't have: a true center with size.

    Also, disagree with Wells' assertion that Nash is too old. There's a lot of GM's that would be happy to have him even at this stage of his career.

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:


  35. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Bonaventure, NY
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,835
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells LIVE CHAT on Indy Star (12-1p)

    Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What if they already did not like him very much, and that just added to it? It didn't say they loved him, and now they won't pick him because of this workout. Plus it isn't like that was the first time they had seen him.
    wasn't the first time they saw him Kevin P was at a ton of UK games. I know for a fact he was at UK Vandy a guy from UK our scouts have seen live at least 5 times if not closer to 20.


    Teague is young and is a guy you draft on potential and groom you expect him to get worked by a senior who is 6'3 220 and a scorer in DJO. They may not like him but I think there is little chance his workout yesterday plays a factor in weather we draft him or not.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 06-28-2012 at 01:31 PM.

  36. #25
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,024
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wells LIVE CHAT on Indy Star (12-1p)

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He said Teague got worked in his workout yesterday and implys we wont pick him because of that.

    That is about the most ridiculousn thing I have read you dont pick a guy on one workout reading things like that drive me crazy.
    Exactly what I was thinking, and really no one knows that could be a smoke screen as well, but either way I would not say that he is out of the picture by any stretch.

    Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What if they already did not like him very much, and that just added to it? It didn't say they loved him, and now they won't pick him because of this workout. Plus it isn't like that was the first time they had seen him.
    What if they already liked him a lot, who knows.

    I will say one thing, I don't mind Wells reporting skills, but sometimes I question his basketball sense, and the talk of the Draymon Green pick is not helping that feeling.
    Why so SERIOUS

Similar Threads

  1. Mike Wells article in the Star
    By doctor-h in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-29-2012, 06:11 PM
  2. Indianapolis Star: Mike Wells
    By Pacers2012 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-12-2010, 02:55 AM
  3. His best in Past? Mike Wells Indy Star
    By indygeezer in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 12-01-2007, 11:34 AM
  4. Mike Wells is having a live chat now.....
    By MagicRat in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 10-11-2006, 11:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •