Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 60 of 60

Thread: Pacers going after Brandon Roy

  1. #51
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers going after Brandon Roy

    If we signed him, and he could play 10 minutes a night, I'd be happy. He can step up for the game winner and we have no one that can consistently.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  2. #52
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,745

    Default Re: Pacers going after Brandon Roy

    The man with little to no cartilage in his knees, has a degenerative problem. Has played like 120 games in 3 years...hmmm.

    I'd have to pass unless it's like 3-4 mil per w/ team options. Heck, let's bring Greg Oden in for 2 mil per w/ team options.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  3. #53
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,367

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers going after Brandon Roy

    Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    sunny beaches
    There are no sunny beaches in Oakland.
    Last edited by CableKC; 06-30-2012 at 08:40 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  5. #54
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,367

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers going after Brandon Roy

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we signed him, and he could play 10 minutes a night, I'd be happy. He can step up for the game winner and we have no one that can consistently.
    Unless his Doctors say that he is limited to 10 mpg....he's not going to come to Indy ( or any Team ) just to play for 10 minutes a game. I'd leave it open.....I'd offer him the chance to play as many minutes as he can handle and however many minutes the Team Doctors would allow him to play.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  6. #55
    RLeWorm
    Guest

    Default Re: Pacers going after Brandon Roy

    Brandon Roy is smart enough to find different ways to score the ball. Bring him to Indy!

  7. #56
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,042

    Default Re: Pacers going after Brandon Roy

    Quote Originally Posted by Smits Happens View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I loved how in that article they didn't even bother mentioning what the appeal of the Warriors would be.
    Everyone knows the appeal there is the opportunity to play with Brandon Rush a fellow BR'er.

  8. #57
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,367

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers going after Brandon Roy

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What does that matter unless your the owner. The cap numbers won't change and as a fan thats all that matters to me.
    I'm not concerned about the impact to the Salary Cap....but I can see why it would be it would matter to a Cost-Conscious Owner that maybe considering whether they want to offer a 2 to 3 year guaranteed Contract to a Player with obvious problems about his knees. Insurance makes a huge difference....look at the situation the Knicks are in with Amare, his uninsured knees with his $64 mil contract.

    The problem is that I doubt that insurance will cover a Player with known knee problems.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  9. #58
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,997

    Default Re: Pacers going after Brandon Roy

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The man with little to no cartilage in his knees, has a degenerative problem. Has played like 120 games in 3 years...hmmm.

    I'd have to pass unless it's like 3-4 mil per w/ team options. Heck, let's bring Greg Oden in for 2 mil per w/ team options.
    JO is not coming back. Just get that out of your head...

  10. #59
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers going after Brandon Roy

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unless his Doctors say that he is limited to 10 mpg....he's not going to come to Indy ( or any Team ) just to play for 10 minutes a game. I'd leave it open.....I'd offer him the chance to play as many minutes as he can handle and however many minutes the Team Doctors would allow him to play.
    I meant that as a floor for possible minutes rather than a limit, unless he can't physically.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  11. #60
    BornRodney ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,926

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers going after Brandon Roy

    It would be funny and confusing to have Brandon Roy and Roy Hibbert and Paul George and George Hill

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Tyler Hansbrough, Brandon Rush out for Pacers against Nets [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-28-2011, 06:10 PM
  2. Why should Roy, Brandon or Josh re-sign with the Pacers?
    By SMosley21 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-03-2011, 08:56 PM
  3. Replies: 39
    Last Post: 12-01-2010, 06:33 PM
  4. Pacers pick up Brandon Rush's option despite suspension [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-29-2010, 07:00 PM
  5. Brandon Roy
    By Roy Munson in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-18-2006, 10:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •