Thread: Revisiting old suggestions - Iggy for Granger?

Sports Logo

Default Revisiting old suggestions - Iggy for Granger?

Why not revisit this?

Iggy+16 for Granger+26

The drop in 10 spots for the Sixers is only because Iggy is owed roughly $3 mil more in salary than Granger....this is merely to balance out the trade when it comes to $$$$.

We need a Player that can create.....or at least pass the ball better....and the Sixers needs some scoring and 3pt shooting
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Revisiting old suggestions - Iggy for Granger?

Well Iguodala isn't a guy you can count on much offensively, so we'd be trading our leading scorer for a guy that's best suited as a third or fourth option... but I love what he brings to the table defensively and in transition. I'd do it for the big jump in draft picks, but I'm not sure we'd instantly become much better.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well Iguodala isn't a guy you can count on much offensively, so we'd be trading our leading scorer for a guy that's best suited as a third or fourth option... but I love what he brings to the table defensively and in transition. I'd do it for the big jump in draft picks, but I'm not sure we'd instantly become much better.
    As you mentioned...he brings something else to the table that Granger doesn't. He may not be as much of a scorer as Granger is.....but he's a relentless attacker of the rim, is very capable and willing passer and is far more consistent on the defensive end.

My main reasoning is to simply change the offense by removing a Player that tends to settles for jumpshots for a Player that attacks the basket.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Iguodala has more value than Granger, and you want them to still let us go up 10 spots? Not going to happen.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Iguodala has more value than Granger, and you want them to still let us go up 10 spots? Not going to happen.
    How does Iggy have more value than Granger?

I think that both have similar trade value...but Iggy is owed roughly a total of $3 mil more over the next 2 seasons than Granger is owed....hence the swap of picks.

But at most...if Picks aren't involved...I'd still do a swap. They both bring different things to the table and would change the flow of the offense.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    How does Iggy have more value than Granger?

I think that both have similar trade value...but Iggy is owed roughly a total of $3 mil more over the next 2 seasons than Granger is owed....hence the swap of picks.

But at most...if Picks aren't involved...I'd still do a swap. They both bring different things to the table and would change the flow of the offense.
    Because I think everyone that knows anything about basketball knows that Iguodala is better at basketball than Granger is. The only thing Granger is better at is shooting and after his showing this past season he may not even be better at that.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Also, I would like to add that on http://www.signandtrade.com if you compare the two players in 18 categories Iguodala wins 11 of them.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Here is a deal that I think would work for three teams in this scenario.

We send Granger, Collison, and Hansborough to LA. LA sends Pau Gasol to Philadelphia, and the Sixers send us Iguadala and a pick.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Why would the relatively young 76ers team want Gasol?

Sports Logo

I think a trade of Iguodala for Granger makes perfect sense for the Pacers. Yes it could be argued that we don't become a better team, but I honestly think we become a different team, especially on the defensive side of the ball. I also think Iggy grabs more rebounds than Granger. Granger's shooting would be missed, but it would result in Paul George getting more shots & overall offensive play, which I think is a good thing. Iggy doesn't need to score, but he can when he wants/is needed too. I'd pull the trigger on this trade, even if it costs me an extra $3mil for a couple of years
    Matthew F Currie
    Personal Trainer
    London