Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Pacers Interested in Fab Melo?

  1. #1
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,279
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Pacers Interested in Fab Melo?

    http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsi...g-his-workout/


    Syracuse’s Fab Melo said the mock drafts he’s looked at have him going anywhere between 15-30 in the first round of next week’s draft.

    The Pacers wouldn’t be upset if Melo was still available when they pick at No. 26.

    Melo, along with Chris Johnson (Dayton), Jarrod Jones (Ball State), Kyle O’Quinn (Norfolk State), Miles Plumlee (Duke) and Jonathon Simons (Houston), worked out for the Pacers on Tuesday.

    Melo, who had his sophomore season at Syracuse cut short because of academic problems, turned a lot of heads during his workout in front of the Pacers front office and coaching staff.

    “He was off the charts,” one person who watched him said.

    Melo averaged 7.8 points, 5.8 rebounds and 2.9 blocks last season at Syracuse.

    The center’s defensive game is definitely ahead of his offensive game.

    The Pacers wouldn’t be drafting Melo, who spent two seasons with the Orangeman, to be their starting center. Their goal is to re-sign starting center Roy Hibbert to a long-term deal once free agency begins July 1.

    That means Melo wouldn’t have the pressure of stepping on the court and contributing right away on offense. He can focus on defending and rebounding.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  2. #2
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,279

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Interested in Fab Melo?

    I wonder how much Jarrod Jones had to pay the Pacers to show up. What a disappointment he was.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Pacers Interested in Fab Melo?

    sssmmmoke screen!

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:


  5. #4
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,851

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Interested in Fab Melo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    sssmmmoke screen!
    When it comes to Bird...I get the sense that he is the type that "keeps his cards close to his vest" as opposed to one that "puts up smokescreens". Walsh was the type to throw up decoy flares all over the place to really screw with the other GMs so that they have no clue what the Pacers will do...but I think that Bird is the type to hunker down with his "poker face" and while giving the opposing Teams no clue as to whether the Pacers will "stand pat" or "go all in".

    In other words, I don't think that Bird is the type to play these types of games.....he's more one that won't give you any indication as to what on earth he's going to do ( see the PG or Hansbrough picks ).
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  7. #5
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,075
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Interested in Fab Melo?

    This whole thing came from one quote that some guy made, that is the only thing of any type of substance with this whole article. He probably did a good job but I would like more than "He was off the charts"
    Why so SERIOUS

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Really? For This Useful Post:


  9. #6
    Member OakMoses's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montana
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,031

    Default Re: Pacers Interested in Fab Melo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This whole thing came from one quote that some guy made, that is the only thing of any type of substance with this whole article. He probably did a good job but I would like more than "He was off the charts"
    I sat down at the computer to post the exact same thing.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

    - Salman Rushdie

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to OakMoses For This Useful Post:


  11. #7
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,967

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Interested in Fab Melo?

    I wouldn't be disappointed if we drafted him. A) He's Big B) He feels a need. You could do worse than rolling the dice on someone with size and defense.

    However, I still am holding hope that someone falls, and yes...he may have dominated in his workout for us, but who was he up against? None of those guys jump out at me.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:


  13. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Posts
    684

    Default Re: Pacers Interested in Fab Melo?

    We could certainly do worse at #26. Having Hibbert and Melo at center would be fantastic. If only we could get someone to consistently deliver the ball to them...
    Last edited by IndyPacer; 06-20-2012 at 08:55 PM.

  14. #9
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,615

    Default Re: Pacers Interested in Fab Melo?

    If you look back, I believe every player Bird drafted in the first round since he has been GM, he worked out before the draft (exception: K. Lenoard)
    Sittin on top of the world!

  15. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Interested in Fab Melo?

    I would be concerned if they were not interested in him.......

  16. #11
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,567

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Interested in Fab Melo?

    If we were to draft Melo, we would definitely need a 4 that is a more consistent scorer off the bench from the high post. (ALA Carl Landry)

  17. #12
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,835

    Default Re: Pacers Interested in Fab Melo?

    The Pacers wouldn’t be drafting Melo, who spent two seasons with the Orangeman, to be their starting center.
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  18. #13
    STRAIGHT UP pizza guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,011
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Interested in Fab Melo?

    While I would be happy to get Fab because I think he fits a need perfectly, I agree that one comment from a draft workout is pretty flaky evidence that we're going after him. Slow news day maybe?
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

    @The_Real_CJake

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to pizza guy For This Useful Post:


  20. #14
    Member 2minutes twoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Middletown, IN
    Posts
    535

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This whole thing came from one quote that some guy made, that is the only thing of any type of substance with this whole article. He probably did a good job but I would like more than "He was off the charts"
    And the man quoted looked suspiciously like Fab Melo's agent wearing a fake mustache

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to 2minutes twoa For This Useful Post:


  22. #15
    Member OakMoses's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montana
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,031

    Default Re: Pacers Interested in Fab Melo?

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you look back, I believe every player Bird drafted in the first round since he has been GM, he worked out before the draft (exception: K. Lenoard)
    I don't think we worked out Paul George.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

    - Salman Rushdie

  23. #16
    streets ahead
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    DC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,756

    Default Re: Pacers Interested in Fab Melo?

    Quote Originally Posted by OakMoses View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think we worked out Paul George.

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to avoidingtheclowns For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Pacers in Melo deal
    By Pacersalltheway10 in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-10-2011, 10:55 PM
  2. Pacers Can't Slow Melo As Nuggets Win
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-03-2006, 04:21 AM
  3. Pacers Can't Slow Melo As Nuggets Win
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-03-2006, 03:00 AM
  4. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-29-2006, 04:57 PM
  5. Pacers interested in Vin Baker?
    By flying dutchman in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-23-2004, 10:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •