Thread: Why the fans won't be punished by the NBA

Hybrid View

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Why the fans won't be punished by the NBA

The fans are the ones that keep the NBA alive. Thus Stern and his minions will not **** the fans because that could affect ticket sales.
    [edit=43=1101104404]title got cut off[/edit]
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Default Re: Why the fans won't be punished by the NBA

its unfortunate but i think true. All this has done is set a precendent: If you are a fan and want to mess up a player's season, you know are able to. All you have to do is show up to a game, get smashed, then taunt the player and throw things at them until they come after you. Then, let the NBA punish them. A job well done

if the ben wallace suspension is any indicator, the fan aspect will not have to really suffer much. hell, if they throw out the bums who were involved, there are probably still enough out there to take their places and cause this to happen again. ben wallace was the only piston recieving a multi-game suspension. the fans did what their team could not- they have pretty much trashed our title chances this year. by doing that, they have shown that a so-called fan can eliminate his team's toughest competition if he wants to.
    this is the worst i can recall fans acting in any sporting event i have ever seen.

Grey

The NBA does not have the authority to punish the fans? What are you expecting them to do?

As I mentioned in another thread, it's the Oakland County prosecutor's responsibility to punish the guilty fans, and they will undoubtedly be arrested and prosecuted.

It's wrong to assume that they got away with what they did.